Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

This chapter looks like a doozy

> Staff placement

Oh hi Iago

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is where their attempts at melodrama really started falling apart for me. The drama in this chapter and the next had my mind drifting off into space lol

I found half of it good-ish, the other half i laughed lmao

Could've done without all the Theater moves xD

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

hnafbur341ga1.png?width=796&height=619

7 hours ago, Spara said:

Hey guys, 1AM Spara here with a mental breakdown.

So, with Engage's OST, there are multiple versions of the main map themes, each with a bit more complexity than the previous.

However, one thing I did not realize is that the game actually shifts music tracks midmaps sometimes - when you break down the door in Ch10 the music "upgrades" and adds the choir and some bass simultaneously to the soundtrack while it remains the same piece. I did not notice it the first time, but holy shit this is cool. It's kinda subtle but really cool in practice once you notice it. FE has done midmap soundtrack changes in the past, but nothing like this, and rarely are they permanent like this one!

I just looked it up, i didn't even realize it. 

This game's great.

Speaking of cool music moments, i'm going off the YouTube playlist but Ch.25's theme is technically an enemy phase. It is the one chapter in the entire series that's perpetually playing enemy phase music, which really fits well. 

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fun fact, the DX version was the first Zelda game I ever played, so I have a fair bit of nostalgia for this game.

Ayyy you too? Nice.

I still have my copy on 3DS VC.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Mole dubstepers are more competent than Sombron"

Looooool

I saw that post lmao.

I also saw the funniest reply: "Me when i'm in a "fumble the winning bag" competition and my opponent is Manfroy FE4"

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Truth be told, chapter 25 was one of my favorites. Between the baller music, the wonderful visuals and the fast-paced dash forward toward the boss, I had a lot of fun. Had to stall just one turn before Etie and Critdon could reach the boss.

Oh i love the map itself, it's just you can't really afford to slow down lmao.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is where their attempts at melodrama really started falling apart for me. The drama in this chapter and the next had my mind drifting off into space lol

Spoiler

It had Veyle being a badass again, so it's all well and good.

"You're gonna kill me again"

*without hesitation* "Yes"

This kills the Kaga.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

JOOO NO EP MUSIC

FUCKING FINALLY

Yeah cause the song is technically EP music lol.

Just now, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

It had Veyle being a badass again, so it's all well and good.

"You're gonna kill me again"

*without hesitation* "Yes"

This kills the Kaga.

Spoiler

Yeah, fair enough. I just wish the game had earned this melodrama, instead of Lumera being a non-entity for 22 chapters until the game feels the need to bring her back.

HEY GUESS WHAT, IT'S "RUBEN WANTS PLAYABLES TO DIE IN THE STORY" TIME AGAIN! Lumera should've been playable like Jeralt. And move her sacrifice to like, chapter 11. Give me more goddamned time, like even Jeralt didn't fail THAT hard, and Jeralt fucking sucked lol

>10%

GAME

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shrimpy: Vibin'

Engage:

Stahp xD

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

also saw the funniest reply: "Me when i'm in a "fumble the winning bag" competition and my opponent is Manfroy FE4"

LMAO

Spoiler

Veyle being a badass again

Spoiler

Best girl

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah cause the song is technically EP music lol.

NO PHASE MUSIC SWITCH FINALLY*

That's the one thing where they shouldn't have gived Newcomers the middle finger. EP music bad needs to stay dead

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That's the one thing where they shouldn't have gived Newcomers the middle finger. EP music bad needs to stay dead

I guess it's another way to tell the player "hey, it's the opponent's turn!"

As if the ENEMY PHASE message and the fact that you can't make any actions at all weren't enough! XD

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, fair enough. I just wish the game had earned this melodrama, instead of Lumera being a non-entity for 22 chapters until the game feels the need to bring her back.

HEY GUESS WHAT, IT'S "RUBEN WANTS PLAYABLES TO DIE IN THE STORY" TIME AGAIN! Lumera should've been playable like Jeralt. And move her sacrifice to like, chapter 11. Give me more goddamned time, like even Jeralt didn't fail THAT hard, and Jeralt fucking sucked lol

Spoiler

But then her death wouldn't have been funny.

I dis see a post that puts Lumera's death into a neat perspective. Alear is sad because she died before they really got to know her, which makes things make more sense when you think about it. You can argue if it worked or not but with how Lumera was waving every death flag the chapter before, it does feel intentional.

At any rate, it's better than Jeralt because Byleth doesn't talk. I think the better comparison you could've made is Greil. Because we actually saw them interact beyond just "...".

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

NO PHASE MUSIC SWITCH FINALLY*

I just skip EP lol.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

*Wraith laughs while reading Sorcery in Shad*

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

It interrupts it if a unit dies. If it doesn't, then nobody died and I can continue going.

I mean, it's easier to figure out how the AI works if you watch them move. XD

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I mean, it's easier to figure out how the AI works if you watch them move. XD

I just draw conclusions based on what happened.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah i never skip EP, just to not miss any surprises

Especially in this game with it's many mechanics lol

This is where I use the Turnwheel. Not to actually rewind but it shows me if an enemy did a specific thing, mainly breaking walls and shit.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah i never skip EP, just to not miss any surprises

Especially in this game with it's many mechanics lol

Yeah this is how i feel as well. I dislike not understanding what's going on.

I just draw conclusions based on what happened.

Impressive. I don't believe i could be that... brazen. XD

Edited by Lightcosmo

20cSnXc.jpg

At last I am almost done with peak fiction, since I finished Reminiscence. I'll probably finish the game tomorrow, I wouldn't mind hearing any last-minute advice on the final missions if there is any.

I took a break from Engage because I have to dedicate a few hours of my day to it (I'm on Chapter 15), so I'll get back to it... later.

wait you guys dont skip enemy phase? 

surprised-pikachu.gif

------------------------------------------------------------

i just realized from watching someone's streams. Characters ending dont just change when you S support them. but also when certain character related to them died

now i wonder how much variations are there. this is character endings done right. at least compared to previous "modern" FE where its always live happily no matter what

Edited by joevar

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

but also when certain character related to them died

Gaiden/SoV did this first but it's nice to see Engage do it as well.

Why does the funny toothpaste game acknowledge death more than 98% of the series?

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

wouldn't mind hearing any last-minute advice on the final missions if there is any.

The final mission is to simply survive, you won't be defending a terminal like in the rest.