• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, they seldom did it...

Let me count.:

1. Harvest Moon 64
  2. Back to Nature/Friends of Mineral Town & their female versions. But not the recent remake where the first two rival heart events survived as a vestige.
  3. Harvest Moon DS/DS Cute
  4. Island of Happiness/Sunshine Islands
  5. Tree of Tranquility/Animal Parade (2008 for the Japanese release date on the latter)

And it's here that rival marriage comes to an end. Grand Bazaar (also late 2008) had rival relationships, but no marriage, the last game to have anything of the sort.

I wouldn't call this "seldom".

• The three Game Boy/Color games couldn't have done it.
  • Save the Homeland wasn't about love.
  • Magical Melody had events hinting at character pairings, but it was soooo child-friendly a game that I can guess it just chose not to commit to wedding the twenty bachelor/ettes? Which being so numerous would have also meant a lot of post-marriage rival writing too. 
  • The absence of rival marriage from A Wonderful Life is the peculiar, because the greater emphasis on watching your family age and your child grow up to adulthood would've been perfect for additional marriages and resultant children. You could have beheld a full generational change of the entire village -well, a semblance of that.

Until later in the DS era, I'd say if anything it was frequently done. More often than not.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tis done

Hide contents

20230205_151110.jpg

Utterly pathetic numbers.

15 minutes ago, joevar said:

seeing Vander clanne and framme boss battle dialogue for ch. 25 really hit on the heart. if only vander is easier to train

Meanwhile I had Vandad and Framme in my team but one-rounded the boss with Lindon and Etie instead lolololol

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tis done

Reveal hidden contents

20230205_151110.jpg

Sigurd final mvp huh

Fitting

Considering FE4 remake next

How did you do it that quickly?

Spoiler

I think if Sombron didn't put up the barrier again the literal turn it breaks, things would be a lot smoother. As it is, I feel like I essentially have to send one guy each to deal with the Dark Emblems but cringe reinforcement spam means doing that is suicide.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

I think if Sombron didn't put up the barrier again the literal turn it breaks, things would be a lot smoother. As it is, I feel like I essentially have to send one guy each to deal with the Dark Emblems but cringe reinforcement spam means doing that is suicide.

I also killed him in one turn.

Spoiler

All I did was save one dark emblem user while I was getting ready. Then I killed him first thing on the turn I was prepared to face Sombron. Not that I needed my entire army, seeing how I pretty much solo'd him with the old man, but even had that been impossible, a one-turn of Sombron seems very doable on hard. You just need to set everything up before killing all the dark emblems.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To add to what Rubrn said, Silver GreatAxe Pannette dealt 70 dmg in one blow after using Fracture on him Ü

Spoiler

Although i didn't defeat him first time, 2nd time i kept on emblem alive then sent my whole army at him

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Let me count.:

1. Harvest Moon 64
  2. Back to Nature/Friends of Mineral Town & their female versions. But not the recent remake where the first two rival heart events survived as a vestige.
  3. Harvest Moon DS/DS Cute
  4. Island of Happiness/Sunshine Islands
  5. Tree of Tranquility/Animal Parade (2008 for the Japanese release date on the latter)

And it's here that rival marriage comes to an end. Grand Bazaar (also late 2008) had rival relationships, but no marriage, the last game to have anything of the sort.

I wouldn't call this "seldom".

• The three Game Boy/Color games couldn't have done it.
  • Save the Homeland wasn't about love.
  • Magical Melody had events hinting at character pairings, but it was soooo child-friendly a game that I can guess it just chose not to commit to wedding the twenty bachelor/ettes? Which being so numerous would have also meant a lot of post-marriage rival writing too. 
  • The absence of rival marriage from A Wonderful Life is the peculiar, because the greater emphasis on watching your family age and your child grow up to adulthood would've been perfect for additional marriages and resultant children. You could have beheld a full generational change of the entire village -well, a semblance of that.

Until later in the DS era, I'd say if anything it was frequently done. More often than not.

I was referring more to the kids thing, not just the rivalries. Which was only in like, 64, and if it counts, RF2.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

To add to what Rubrn said, Silver GreatAxe Pannette dealt 70 dmg in one blow after using Fracture on him Ü

Hide contents

Although i didn't defeat him first time, 2nd time i kept on emblem alive then sent my whole army at him

1 more damage than the old man critting with his fists. Impressive! Use him next time.

Anyway,

Spoiler

the shield being instantly restored the following turn caught me off guard the first time, but it was just a matter of learning the lesson and getting properly ready the second time. I did feel it dragged on a little, having two squads running laps around the map twice, but I definitely did not see the unbearable difficulty Armagon talks about. If anything, I feel if he took longer to restore the shield, it would guarantee the battle ends after the first batch of dark emblems. They probably wanted there to be a chance for people to naturally see all the dark emblems and their kEwL direct references to the scripts of games that aren't officially localized.

...On the matter of his other complaint, I admittedly didn't take long enough for him to use Disengage twice, so I don't know if there truly is no warning or if Armagon just missed the visual effects. Though I'm inclined to say the latter. Sure, the first time there was a big text box that said "okay watch it, he's gonna do this thing", but there were also very flashy visual effects accompanying it. Maybe it's just the text box that didn't show up the second time.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

the shield being instantly restored the following turn caught me off guard the first time, but it was just a matter of learning the lesson and getting properly ready the second time.

Yup, same

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

it would guarantee the battle ends after the first batch of dark emblems.

Yeah would be too easy

I might replay the final boss tho later tonight to see character endings again. They were too fast while i was digesting the ending kek

Maybe just lower to Normal/Casual and do it without thinking lol

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I might replay the final boss tho later tonight to see character endings again. They were too fast while i was digesting the ending kek

So its not just me lol

Maybe also use other line up. Since bringing them into final battle add more page to their bios.

Or make some of them dies to see different char ending

Edited by joevar

I'd say, it was certainly possible because Cross-Omega was a mobile gacha-esque game, so "debut before the official release of the media for marketing purposes" was totally a thing behind this.

Not counting that, I think the fastest debut was Gundam F91. The movie premiered on March 16, 1991... and was right there in the very first SRW game in April 20, 1991. So pretty much just a month.

Credit artwork is fixed i think. Not related to your achieved support

Since i dont A support except alear ivy and one other but still got the artwork

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also @Armagon

Paired ending replacement where

Hide contents

Unless you mesn the Art slides at the end it only showed one of the A supports i got. I got more than one, bout 5 different pairs or so

10 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

46F4z2m.jpg

Ah, so that's why Claude teased you about it 5 years ago.

Ah the oddities cased by so little changing over the 5 year time skip...

mKK5AQ8.jpgfqa1BBa.jpg

The fall of these historical places I think also would've hit much harder had we been better acquainted with them early on.

It might land better if you are the kind of nerd to use the in-game library to read up on these place's history. Also it feels a little like one of those maybe you should play the Leicester Alliance route so this has some context to this moments (at least it doesn't require you to play $20 for the privilege...not to dunk on Fate's too hard here)

vdcIeXt.jpg

*Gasp* a defense map!? Why, those are the best maps in Fire Emblem, I cannot wait to defend this point against a raging army of-

I think I prefer escape maps generally, but defense maps are better than other objectives...

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Huh. How odd. It appears bows aren't effective against fliers in Gaiden.

Pholus is just as bad as Forsyth is in Echoes though. Dude takes years just to reach the frontlines, and by the time he does Luka's already there as a knight doing his job better than him lol

From what I remember you need an actual bow to get any effective damage against fliers in both Echoes and Gaiden, but most generic enemies in Gaiden only have the generic implied bows (and thus no effective damage), as any weapon an opponent has will drop in that game.

YDgNFbb.jpg

13 Sentinels is done, it exceeded my expectations. It made me realize that I tend to value stories based on the quality of their plot twists...

Spoiler

There are some plot oddities like DD-426 being resolved by Okino offscreen (which was inevitable, perhaps, since Okino doesn't get his own route) and Tamao not really doing anything despite being the fifteenth compatible, but those are minor nitpicks. I appreciate how the event archive lets you track the other incarnations of the compatible after you finish the game, and how the mystery files reiterate more cryptic plot elements.

Since it turns out that everything is a simulation outside the fifteen, it's funny how the NPCs are literally NPCs in-universe.

Most importantly they actually did explain why everyone was naked, how unexpected.

It's a good game, you should play it.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, giving more relevance to non-Marth Emblems would require giving more focus to Emblems in the story, so frankly, I am glad they didn't do it. As it is, the Emblems make the already dumb story three times dumber when they take the spotlight. The less they give it to them, the better, if you ask me. Let them be the McGuffins they should have always been.

I kind of agree with this, "bringing back old characters as power-ups" feels silly, but I like the Emblems as a gameplay mechanic so it's fine.

Marth being the only Emblem with any plot relevance is what I expected going in, so that's fine too.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The barrier broke.

That's your problem, you need Emblem Lloyd's exclusive skill to get over the barrier.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

So its not just me lol

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fortunately I had a save right before killing the final boss, so I could start over. But you are right, it's a bit too fast.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

Maybe also use other line up. Since bringing them into final battle add more page to their bios.

This I didn't know. I'll have to check it out when I get home, maybe.

28 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

From what I remember you need an actual bow to get any effective damage against fliers in both Echoes and Gaiden, but most generic enemies in Gaiden only have the generic implied bows (and thus no effective damage), as any weapon an opponent has will drop in that game.

Ah, I see.

28 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I kind of agree with this, "bringing back old characters as power-ups" feels silly, but I like the Emblems as a gameplay mechanic so it's fine.

This. Their mistake was using them in the plot for anything other than "these are the power rings, very important." When they tried to do actual melodrama with them it only succeeded in annoying me a bit lol

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

Did you get a Yunaks Seadall one?

I can confirm I got this. The CGs are fixed, I am fairly certain of it.

Tips for Byleth‘s paralogue?

The first part is easy, but I always get overwhelmed by the archers and 40 magic attack mages, and that’s before getting Byleth’d.

Hello, it's Shill Lindon o'clock again.

20230205_094409.jpg?width=1145&height=621

Certain someone's old man. In his own words, "Lindon is unironically my clutch unit."

I knew I'd like him from the get go, but I wasn't expecting that he'd be my absolute favorite character in the game. Dude's supports are great and his gameplay, even better. I know that is nothing new, but I felt like saying it again. Sue me.