Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Having Sommie in any offensive capabilities would prove too much for our mortal souls to handle.

The difference though is that FE6 endgame ends in one turn.

Yes hence why i said it could learn from this. After all she could produce lesser dragon but it doesnt even serve as fodder to block us from reaching her

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I honestly can't wait for the time when for series' I particularly love like Fire Emblem I can simply be looking forward towards the next entry or the current latest release instead of being preoccupied with it's entire backlog.

That's one major downside of this whole FE adventure I'm having, since I always have a game to look forward too I'm not always taking my time on the current one I am playing like I would had I been there to try it when it originally released.

Oh, I get that. I'm definitely someone who rarely gets to play games when they come out either.

I think so far it has been... Awakening, SRW 30, and now Engage. Also the only games I've ever pre-ordered.

36 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I wish I had the money to buy certain 3DS and Wii U games before the EShop closes and physical copies skyrocket in price. People need to have more weddings.

I mean sure, pirating is always an option, but I definitely prefer playing the games on the original console, especially with consoles as unique as the dual screen 3DS and Wii U.

At the same time, a disc copy of Twilight Princess HD costs like $65 so i think i'd rather sail the seven seas. 

Yeah i bought a Wii U to play Xenoblade X and then later some VC titles but....

Amazon still regularly sells 3DS games for normal price so those are at least still easier to get.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:
Enemy Entrap users later in the game

The one guy who thought to use Entrap on Ivy before she killed four units be like...

Awkward Look Monkey Puppet | Know Your Meme

There was whistling all right... but not to her.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

But I haven’t got the pact ring and everyone knows it’s gonna be Timerra anyway!

Point taken. Though I'm still not particularly invested in any of the characters besides Veyle but I don't if she's playable, and Lumera but you know so I don't know who I would pick.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Having Sommie in any offensive capabilities would prove too much for our mortal souls to handle.

Sommie can solo the entire game at 1% power... without any Emblems.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I honestly can't wait for the time when for series' I particularly love like Fire Emblem I can simply be looking forward towards the next entry or the current latest release instead of being preoccupied with it's entire backlog.

You could be like me and Trails, where I look forward to the next entry while also being preoccupied with its entire backlog!

That... wasn't a bad move AI2.

Still have some game to go, yet right now I'm feeling confident about giving it 7.5/10. Whether or not the last 0.5 is a subjective bonus, or part of the "objective" score is what's up for debate. -This score being as a JRPG; as an Atelier, it's much too streamlined methinks not that I've played a Trad At. This morning I was going to say the half-point was subjective, yet now it's night and I'm leaning a bit more towards making it objective. I hesitate to give out an 8, not sure Iris 2 has enough oomph for that. It's comfy JRPG enjoyment, and that's fine.

Chapter 17 done. I… ended up using the biggest cheese imaginable over 61 turns, although now that I’ve finished the fight, I don’t entirely feel like it was necessary. My precious strategy completely failed, but if anyone’s curious about my strategy and thoughts.

Spoiler

You know that little island in the upper right corner with the two one tile wide bridges leading up to it? After clearing out everyone except Veyle’s and Elusia’s King’s squads (whatever he’s called), I led them all the way back there and spammed dancing on Corrin!Alear every turn so he could stand at both ends of those bridges and create fire terrain, doing chip damage to everyone. There was a healer smart enough to hang outside of the fire and keep using physic so the chip damage didn’t end up helping that much but fire also has a pretty big movement penalty which allowed me to handle both squads at once as they slowly had one guy come up at a time and get killed without me having to worry about any units getting killed. Eventually it was just the two bosses left and from there I used Corrin’s freeze to stop Elusia’s King while I beat up Veyle and then killed him the next turn (I made the mistake of trying to do this the other way around and got Quadruple Hitted). Overall an extremely tight chapter, really fun.

Zephia was the scariest part, I had to use like 3 rescue uses just to not die from her and the paladins that move with her.

I saw both Hortensia’s and Ivy’s dialogue with their dad, and y’all should see it if you haven’t already, especially Hortensia’s. Ivy got a 3% crit to get the kill on her dad, which was a cool moment.

And at the end, 2 great things happened. The first was a shockingly good scene (again), if undermined by the fact that Veyle gets no screen time, and then we get… Leif’s ring! This is great because Timerra has been needing more build since she joined. Now, she will finally have it. Got Sigurd too, and I’m unsure whether he or Lyn would be better on Alfred… probably Lyn because he really wants the speed, but I could just have him inherit speed taker and get Sigurd. Not sure what I wanna do there yet…

Oh yeah @Saint Rubenio here’s my finished experience. Not too bad, but definitely a challenge.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh the shop restocks, don't worry.

Nice. Although even if they didn’t, this game has been tightly designed while giving you room to experiment, so I doubt they would pull a Conquest and make it so no rescue = death at the end.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Chapter 17 done. I… ended up using the biggest cheese imaginable over 61 turns, although now that I’ve finished the fight, I don’t entirely feel like it was necessary. My precious strategy completely failed, but if anyone’s curious about my strategy and thoughts.

Congrats! Oh wow. I don't think I ever took more than 20-25 turns to beat a map.

Well, Tiki's Divine Paralogue took me about 29.

48 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Congratulations! 

Is that sarcasm? Lel

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Congrats! Oh wow. I don't think I ever took more than 20-25 turns to beat a map.

Well, Tiki's Divine Paralogue took me about 29.

I wasted a lot of turns because I decided to play walking simulator across the map and its fire and forest terrain to try a strategy out but then I realized it was a horrible idea, so I had to turn around and do the entire thing again.

That being said, pretty sure another chapter took me 40 something turns but I can’t remember which it was.

Edited by Sooks

7 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Are there any characters you guys didn't expect to like but did?

Ivy, Yunaka. i even actively dislike those two before playing. but they come back to bite me so hard, it left a mark.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Music

The music in this game is really really good, with my (non remix) fav. being Bright Sandstorm, Determined Journey and Keeper of History. If there's something i have to complain about in this game....

Villain Dubstep, which sadly seems like a series mainstay now, and the return of Enemy phase music. I love most of the stuff they brought back, but this ain't it, chief. Should've stayed in the older games where even then it didn't belong, or atleast give us an option to turn it off....

you left out Distorted Flash of Light , Goddess in Shadow, and Enforcer of Knowledge [frenzy].

yeah villain dubstep is something that grates my ear. but more because it keeps looping. if only it plays in short time in cutscenses then its okay. when its looping for entire boss section, it makes me mad even though i play on hard lol.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

better enemy phase themes we've gotten.

some of them are good, altho the "corupted" one likes to play even when the player phase has this "dire moment" music , causing the mood to clash

6 hours ago, ping said:

I still think that characters in new FE games do fall back onto gimmicks

unfortunate direction the series going through. then again with huge cast and long history like FE, its even more easier tahn ever to fall into "just a X or Y unit clone with different hair" so many times, they need to rely on gimmicks to prove themselves different initially.

Hey guys maybe i'll finish Engage tomorrow. I got sidetracked by assignments. And tomorrow i work all day, yipee.

This will certainly be a story to tell. How i kept getting blocked from finishing Engage because life.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

You could be like me and Trails, where I look forward to the next entry while also being preoccupied with its entire backlog

The fun game of looking forward to the localization date.

11 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I honestly didn't expect to like Merrin and Citrinne but I do now. Are there any characters you guys didn't expect to like but did?

Oh, I missed thus one!

For me, it has to be Alfred. I fully expected him to be a completely boring, generically good cavalier nobleman. Then he turned out to be a funny musclehead dork and a terrible unit - truly an explosive combination. And just like that, he was on my team for the entire run. Helps that I made him a general - his stats seem better suited to it than his base class.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lilith died for nonexistent dramatic effect so Sommie could run very slowly, but extremely adorably.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And if you know me by now, then you'd know which pair of characters I plan to use for this. Yep, that's right: Sonya and Genny!

"Geez Acacia, can't you use someone else for a change?"

"Never!"

You'll hear no complaints from me. Emblem of Rolling is a go! Yes I know it's not what you called it, but if it were in the game it is what I would call it

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

I was worried that Maddening was starting to drag down the game because of the paralogues… honestly feel like they suffer from a lot of stat inflation, ngl. And I waited several chapters to do a lot of them. But the main story seems to still be good.

@Saint Rubeniohaven’t finished the chapter yet, but yeah, my initial thoughts on 17.

Thanks.

That actually makes me really happy. It means I can wait for my favorites to join and do the paralogues with them without trivializing them like in hard!

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

To be fair, corrupting society with capitalism and destroying the world does sound like Porky's idea of a prank.

...You know, I joked, but Porky being how he is... Yeah. That's right.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

But I haven’t got the pact ring and everyone knows it’s gonna be Timerra anyway!

I married the old man. Even he thought I was mad, but I had... grander plans.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, I see the individual amounts to add funds to my Nintendo Account were changed.

... oh, these are better than the previous ones! I like it.

Nintendo... improving something on the business side of things?

Impossible!

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Sommie puts on the bold brows

"It's Sommin' time"

Roll credits

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

That's one major downside of this whole FE adventure I'm having, since I always have a game to look forward too I'm not always taking my time on the current one I am playing like I would had I been there to try it when it originally released.

Yeah, I know the feeling. Looking forward to a game can make you pay less attention to the game at hand. I try not to keep too large a backlog for this reason.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Holy fuck chapter 17

I uh, don’t need the rescue staff anywhere else, right guys?

No, this isn't Conquest. No need to hoard your staves. One of the biggest advantages of Engage over Conquest, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Thanks.

Spoiler

Sounds like a grueling, but fun time. Good cheese, I like it. It's a lot cooler than mine, I just lured Hyacinth and Veyle east with Rosado lol

FANS: boooooo.... Engage is lowest FE rating out of all modern FE. *sad noises everywhere*

NINTENDO: what are you guys on about? are you high guys?

*nintendo proceed to:

...release this. like its the most successful title of the series like usual. LMAO

cmon guys, even Nintendo is proud of Engage

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Holy fuck chapter 17

I uh, don’t need the rescue staff anywhere else, right guys?

YES. at least i do on hard.. this is the FE game where i almmost spent 3 staff of Rescue iirc...

altho not necessary by game design. but more: "oh shit, that unit gone too far, while i need that emblem power over here"

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

his stats seem better suited to it than his base class

but his Avenir skill halved damage received before DEF so practically can have no damage ala armored unit by luck too, lol

Edited by joevar

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One of the biggest advantages of Engage over Conquest

Yeah, i kinda agree with this.

Like some stuff i love more in Fates, some more here, but i love how Engage gives you all these broken tools...yet the game is still "balanced"

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

59 minutes ago, joevar said:

FANS: boooooo.... Engage is lowest FE rating out of all modern FE. *sad noises everywhere*

NINTENDO: what are you guys on about? are you high guys?

*nintendo proceed to:

...release this. like its the most successful title of the series like usual. LMAO

cmon guys, even Nintendo is proud of Engage

Nintendo be like "clearly the 3H fans haven't gotten the hint yet, let"s give them MORE middle fingers."

59 minutes ago, joevar said:

but his Avenir skill halved damage received before DEF so practically can have no damage ala armored unit by luck too, lol

I mean, he had no need of that as general, dude reached like 42 defense by the end lol

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah, i kinda agree with this.

Like some stuff i love more in Fates, some more here, but i love how Engage gives you all these broken tools...yet the game is still "balanced"

It is truly something beautiful. Reminds me of how Ward is the Endgame Ready Beard and Clifford is even better but they don't break the game due to the game mechanics and their own drawbacks in other areas. And as you know, Berwick comparisons from me are praise of the highest caliber.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reminds me of how Ward is the Endgame Ready Beard and Clifford is even better but they don't break the game due to the game mechanics and their own drawbacks in other areas. And as you know, Berwick comparisons from me are praise of the highest caliber.

Another comparison

Kagetsu is pretty much Endgame ready Myrmidon lol.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Another comparison

Kagetsu is pretty much Endgame ready Myrmidon lol.

Kagetsu does seem a bit more suspect. He seems like a broken unit held back somewhat by his class - and reclassing in this game is what it is. A lot of the later units in general just render the early growth units obsolete, which is a shame.

...then there's Bunet, who apparently sucks statwise on top of being this game's Raphael and having the lamest personal skill. Can't wait to use him next run.