Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A lot of the later units in general just render the early growth units obsolete, which is a shame.

Honestly, i disagree with this. Later units are strong yes, but early units are still perfectebly useable. Unless Maddening makes it really bad, which then would be a shame.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Honestly, i disagree with this. Later units are strong yes, but early units are still perfectebly useable. Unless Maddening makes it really bad, which then would be a shame.

I didn't have any issues with them, either. (bad luck with growths aside ofc)

43 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well, yeah, they are usable - I mean I kept friggin' Alfred and Vandad the entire game - but I found that your growth units from Firene are pretty much guaranteed to be worse than their Brodian counterparts when they join no matter how much they've grown, and then the Brodians are outclassed by their Elusian and Solmian equivalents.

There's like, a progression of stats in the units you get, and there's basically no real reason not to phase your earlier units out for the later joiners and their superior bases.

Of course, I love bad units, so who cares, Firene ftw

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tea person confirmed?

Well, I am willing to give her a chance next run. Warning you tho, magicians in this game have it rough, seeing how one of them is my favorite character in the game. Competition is strong.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

magicians in this game have it rough

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Competition is strong.

Aren't these good game design though? uncontested units are just... boring. XD

16 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Aren't these good game design though? uncontested units are just... boring. XD

Well, yes, I'm just saying. I don't know if Tea Girl will impress me after Critdon haha.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A lot of the later units in general just render the early growth units obsolete, which is a shame.

you said that, but you used Etie and reclass boucheron. to the point you can bast about it. soo... make up your mind XD

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I am willing to give her a chance next run. Warning you tho, magicians in this game have it rough, seeing how one of them is my favorite character in the game. Competition is strong.

Celine not exactly your go-to magician. she got like 15 STR & 15 MAG at Lvl 15/20 ... i dont use her to attack at all. Pandreo can do better at using tome despite a priest than her.

but im curious who's your line up in the hypothetical next run

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One of the biggest advantages of Engage over Conquest

I'd put Engage gameplay over Conquest's for this very reason actually.

And for other reasons too but that's the deciding factor.

17 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

But she has a low MAG growth either way. XD

Oof.

13 minutes ago, joevar said:

you said that, but you used Etie and reclass boucheron. to the point you can bast about it. soo... make up your mind XD

Well, it's one thing what it is and it's another what I choose to do. I love bad units. Bad units are the best. Etie is way cooler than Alcryst, I don't care about objectivity.

Celine not exactly your go-to magician. she got like 15 STR & 15 MAG at Lvl 15/20 ... i dont use her to attack at all. Pandreo can do better at using tome despite a priest than her.

F

but im curious who's your line up in the hypothetical next run

Bunet is gonna be there. He seems like the kind of character I'd enjoy. Timerra perhaps, as well. One of Ivy or Hortensia, unsure which just yet. Merrin, Rosado, Goldmary and Pandreo are all characters I wish I could've used in this run, but alas, no room. Yunaka seems like she'd have interesting supports, but the design and her great unit performance are serious downsides. And if the DLC characters are who I'm pretty sure they are and available on the main campaign, they will also have to be considered, come the time.

Of course, room is very limited and it's going to be difficult for me not to use Etie, Vandad, Saphir and Lindon again. So we'll see.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I'd put Engage gameplay over Conquest's for this very reason actually.

And for other reasons too but that's the deciding factor.

Yeah, it feels so liberating to be able to burn through a rescue or an entrap without Endgame/Iago suddenly becoming impossible.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FINALLY!

...Says the person who hasn't played a single game they got for Xmas yet.😆

I like being amused by new announcements, something something "the fruit on the tree is always tastier than the fruit in the basket".

Whilst I expect TotK, how much will it take up? 5, 10, 20 minutes?

1 hour ago, joevar said:

Celine not exactly your go-to magician. she got like 15 STR & 15 MAG at Lvl 15/20 ... i dont use her to attack at all.

That's Tea slander

l5IE0lE.jpeg

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Time to prepare popcorn

lets see which gets announced first. FE:E 2nd DLC or Xenoblade 3 3rd DLC

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

man.. watching youtube about FE E engage where they showcase support between JP Dub and EN Dub makes me hates the localization team so much more.

they change words, gives different context, and now i found they just outright delete a part of sentence. "its not even different words but same nuance" anymore.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That's Tea slander

wdym.. tahts highest praise actually. since she can sip on her tea wathcing from afar. so no enemy would spill her tea incidentally. XD

EDIT: oh wait. its actually 20 STR and 20 MAG actually. LMAO. but still hardly kill enemies , and still lose to pandreo with 27 MAG

Edited by joevar

4 minutes ago, joevar said:

man.. watching youtube about FE E engage where they showcase support between JP Dub and EN Dub makes me hates the localization team so much more.

Yeah it's one of the worst localizations ever

Just waiting for a retranslation fanpatch tbh. 

4 minutes ago, joevar said:

wdym.. tahts highest praise actually. since she can sip on her tea wathcing from afar. so no enemy would spill her tea incidentally. XD

But the Tea is made from the blood of her enemies

1 hour ago, joevar said:

Meanwhile for me she has 30 STR. XD

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But the Tea is made from the blood of her enemies

It's high on iron. Good for your health.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Playing maddening myself, I can say that the largest difference of the first half of maddening is basically the xp growth. You get noticeably less than on hard. Enemies are virtually the same in strength, except you might see a handful of extra enemies per map, though not enough to make up for less xp. Combine this with reduced arena xp and virtually no skirmishes and a lot of maddening first half is just hard but with underleveled units. The challenge is super well done and balanced, and fixed growths makes the early game very puzzle like in a sense, but it does get annoying seeing your unit having to kill half the map for 1 level. Because of this, almost everytime you get a new unit, they are often just better than the early game cast, and the Solm cast just put your army to shame. You can train your early team all you like, then someone will spawn with +4 to all stats and probably have better growths and/or skills. It helps them be balanced around maddening, but makes you go out of your way to keep training the early team, like you're meant to drop at least a couple. Definitely do not spread xp around. They're not impossible or anything. Just noticeably harder and probably not better than later units. Mainly training them for the sake of it. That said, Lindon is an absolute beast who is also really fun to use and sweet to talk to. I love Lindon. Best Engage character. Highly recommend on maddening runs.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, it feels so liberating to be able to burn through a rescue or an entrap without Endgame/Iago suddenly becoming impossible.

I'm going to trust you on this. I've heard that maddening endgame is extremely hard, but I really don't wanna get softcover cuz I didnt hoard every staff in the game. Really hate that about conquest. I'm still hoarding in engage out of that fear alone, but lategame maddening really does start introducing stat inflation, which i actually dont mind, but so many enemies have stance or seal skills now. Lindon will carry though, and Vander will triumph. I cannot wait to shill my team here.

I still like how most of the solm arc I checked had a 1 to 2 might difference on hard and maddening, but the Lyn paralogue has a 10 might difference with a 5 speed buff and a faster time limit to reinforcement hell. They clearly want you to do paralogues late so you gain xp later and earn your 20 skills in the lategame. Enemies dobt really start getting consistent skills until 18 and above, but paralogues get them much earlier. Honestly, half of my complaints might be because I'm doing a first maddening run, but the game's still really fun and one of the best strategy experiences I had in a while....whenever the game isn't throwing the entire map at you at once...

Love Engage. The Jeigan is actually balanced!

7 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

can say that the largest difference of the first half of maddening is basically the xp growth. You get noticeably less than on hard

Huh interesting

Especially since exp gain is already low on hard at 18 per kill

How much do you gain on Maddening?

Holler at me if there's anything interesting, like the release date of the DLC campaign or the one character being made playable in a patch.

21 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Playing maddening myself, I can say that the largest difference of the first half of maddening is basically the xp growth. You get noticeably less than on hard. Enemies are virtually the same in strength, except you might see a handful of extra enemies per map, though not enough to make up for less xp. Combine this with reduced arena xp and virtually no skirmishes and a lot of maddening first half is just hard but with underleveled units. The challenge is super well done and balanced, and fixed growths makes the early game very puzzle like in a sense, but it does get annoying seeing your unit having to kill half the map for 1 level. Because of this, almost everytime you get a new unit, they are often just better than the early game cast, and the Solm cast just put your army to shame. You can train your early team all you like, then someone will spawn with +4 to all stats and probably have better growths and/or skills. It helps them be balanced around maddening, but makes you go out of your way to keep training the early team, like you're meant to drop at least a couple. Definitely do not spread xp around. They're not impossible or anything. Just noticeably harder and probably not better than later units. Mainly training them for the sake of it.

Good to know Maddening is neat and that Firene gets bullied again there.

That said, Lindon is an absolute beast who is also really fun to use and sweet to talk to. I love Lindon. Best Engage character. Highly recommend on maddening runs.

I would like to confirm this is not an alt account of mine. Shaky is just that based.

I'm going to trust you on this. I've heard that maddening endgame is extremely hard, but I really don't wanna get softcover cuz I didnt hoard every staff in the game. Really hate that about conquest. I'm still hoarding in engage out of that fear alone, but lategame maddening really does start introducing stat inflation, which i actually dont mind, but so many enemies have stance or seal skills now.

Understandable.

Lindon will carry though, and Vander will triumph.

Seriously, not an alt account. Please believe me. See you can tell because he called him Vander and not Vandad

I cannot wait to shill my team here.

I can't wait for there to be exactly two different teams after six people have gotten their turn.

I still like how most of the solm arc I checked had a 1 to 2 might difference on hard and maddening, but the Lyn paralogue has a 10 might difference with a 5 speed buff and a faster time limit to reinforcement hell. They clearly want you to do paralogues late so you gain xp later and earn your 20 skills in the lategame. Enemies dobt really start getting consistent skills until 18 and above, but paralogues get them much earlier. Honestly, half of my complaints might be because I'm doing a first maddening run, but the game's still really fun and one of the best strategy experiences I had in a while....whenever the game isn't throwing the entire map at you at once...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The paralogues being harder means you do it later, which in turn means you can grab Lindon and Saphir beforehand and not have the paralogues trivialized. Woo!

...incidentally, what does the recommended levels say? Did they get bumped up from hard or are they woefully incorrect?

Love Engage. The Jeigan is actually balanced!

Vandad best dad.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

12 at first. You get 10 on the arena, so 30 total per map. You will never get more than 4 zp for chip damage, and it does go quickly to zero if your try chip abusing a trapped archer. Boss kills will probably only drop 20 xp or something. When your team inevitably becomes underleveled by the solm arc, you start gaining normal xp gain. 15 or so depending on your unit I think. Promoted units might drop somewhere from 20 to 25. I know that by the lategame, xp seems oddly high now, but I thibk thats just the gane catching up with itself now that the enemies actually have a big buff now. 

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously, not an alt account. Please believe me. See you can tell because he called him Vander and not Vandad

Vandussy

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The paralogues being harder means you do it later, which in turn means you can grab Lindon and Saphir beforehand and not have the paralogues trivialized. Woo!

...incidentally, what does the recommended levels say? Did they get bumped up from hard or are they woefully incorrect?

Id say git gud.

I found them to be just doable if you play them right at the recommend level. You probably should anyways, because doing them later gives you like, 3 xp per kill. I agree with waiting on the later ones until you get old gang, but don't wait off on something like ike or lyn. Especially ike. His skills are insane, but his paralogue is ludicrous if you dont ltc it. Even at recommend, it felt unfair. My bro has a habit of doing paralogues earlier than intended on hard, but I'd be dead if I tried that. The corrin one is surprisingly doable underleveled, but micaiah felt really hard with dodge abuse, and even then, i barely won with a thousand enemies ready to swarm me when I was overleveled, even though I technically used only 1 pulse. The later ones are probably more "regular" because that's the part of the game where the enemies are about as buffed as the base enemies of main enemies are, wheres there's obviously a massive spike on the earlier paralogues compared to their respective main chapters. And considering how main chapters are just getting +3 stats every darn chapter, I'm guessing the games expecting me to level a lot from paralogues for each main chapter i do. But I have more speedtakers, so I think I'll manage.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

can't wait for there to be exactly two different teams after six people have gotten their turn.

Unfortunate.

I point and I laugh.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That actually makes me really happy. It means I can wait for my favorites to join and do the paralogues with them without trivializing them like in hard!

Yeah, I’m actually gonna wait until after chapter 18 to do the next paralogues because I feel like I might need the prepromote who joins. The enemy stats are just too high.

Sounds like a grueling, but fun time.

Engage maddening in a nutshell.

Hide contents

Good cheese, I like it. It's a lot cooler than mine, I just lured Hyacinth and Veyle east with Rosado lol

It was actually completely accidental, I just ran like hell from the bosses and then I was like “wait, I can use this”.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Every unit who joins like ever eclipses everyone who came before them. Not just because leveling takes too long, but because level up stats are just not that good, to the point where they’ll never compare to the base stats of later joiners. I‘ve been trying to use the Firenese and Brodian Royals, and while I was able to somewhat salvage Alfred through sheer favoritism, the others… not so much. Their damage is starting to plummet, I might have to bench the Brodians.

Jean is the exception because his levels have been consistently really good. I mean I could’ve just had really horrible RNG when levels were rolled at the start of my run (if that’s how it works) but…

4 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

of course not, why would it be?

Because I used maximum cheese.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Huh interesting

Especially since exp gain is already low on hard at 18 per kill

Bruh like 10, with the exception of promoted enemies in the mid game

And here I thought it was an every difficulty thing