• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Sheetcakes SF deleted everything I wrote!😑

Oh yeah, weird to see Level 5 putting out two new games in English. They've been on the decline for a while and gave up the international market from what I've seen comments describe.

Gonna buy Re-Boot Camp ofc. I like Advance Wars 😄. A shame this modest... I wouldn't even call it a "resurrection", got cursed by IRL events like the Japanese release of AW1 did. Black Hole Rising is great, AW1... Advance Campaign could be about as "fun" as Binding Blade on Hard on its worst maps.

1 hour ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Ahem.
My thoughts for this direct is:
ETRIAN ODYSSEYYYYY!

...I won't rewrite everything I wrote. In short, I'll buy these if the classes have been rebalanced.

I'm very happy to see Atlus remember EO exists, and I hope they're still. But I've heard -I never played them- that the classes and gameplay of the original DS trio of Etrian Odysseys is significantly more flawed than in the 3DS new entries and remakes in gameplay -which is the soul of the franchise. EO3 was particularly bad in some regards, Yggdroid was both visually and in combat an atrocity to pick the worst of it.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can I murder friends in this game? Sell me on this too, Observer, go on.

giphy.gif

Allow me to beat the notion of playing these games out of you.

You would not enjoy Baten Kaitos, Ruben, trust me. They're too JRPG for you. Listen to the Motoi Sakuraba osts if you're curious, maybe skim an HD Let's Play of Origins in a few months to check for Guillo. Do not a nanogram more. Save you wallet, your time, and your attention from being wasted.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Awesome, it's an actual game now.

Going back to its beginnings Atelier is. Is this solely b/c it's the primordial game, or do they intend to follow up with the rest of the Salburg trilogy (and maybe the Gramnad duology?)?

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same. More people can experience Monolith Soft outside of Xenoblade. I also love that it actually looks really nice now while still keeping the 2D areas. 

While XS is where the fantastic cutscenes began, BK is where the world first came alive. Later to be married in Xenoblade.😄 Did they need to show off Cor Hydrae though?

Origins will be available in Europe for the first time now actually. They didn't get the game back then. 

The annoying Nintendo employee voiceover (I rarely like them, let the games speak for themselves!) left us in the dark about the voices of Eternal Wings. I'm very doubtful they got recast despite how terrible they are, but I'd like the pessimism confirmed. Dual-audio at least?

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2023-02-08-18-31-22-04_572064

I dunno about the slim veracity of this joke. When the Direct began, I -a JRPG lover- felt pretty personally disinterested in everything. It took until the Etrian Odyssey announcement to get something that excited me. 

-Admittedly, that's b/c XC3 DLC had me staring a veeeeeery thin line at the very bottom of the screen, same for Engage DLC. And Octopath Traveler II is a no from me b/c of how damage-phobic the first game was when the enemies weren't broken.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

It's over...

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So i went and watched the jp trailer of the DLC

...Alear directly mentions the Fell Dragon Sombron there

In the context of?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is this solely b/c it's the primordial game, or do they intend to follow up with the rest of the Salburg trilogy

Wouldn't surprise me if they do the rest of the Salburg trilogy. The following game, Atelier Elie I think it was called, took place in literally the same setting as Marie. So remaking that one already has the assets there.

And since it's a remake, it is the first Atelier game since Escha & Logy to have a full-on time-limit.

Dual-audio

Probably.

dunno about the slim veracity of this joke

The joke was that my friend wanted Kid Icarus Uprising sequel/remaster.

He got Layton, he popped off, but I arguably am the one that keeps winning here.

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also

lmbfkkvio1ha1.jpg
>Thank you for answering our prayers

Reveal hidden contents

Alear is summoned as an Emblem?

Alear is already God.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

it's said instead of the line "who's putting your world in danger now"

Ah.

Spoiler

So if we're fighting the evil versions of the Royals, I wonder if it'll be like Future Past where *our* army goes into this other world.

We could get some intriguing convos.

So due to life I haven't been able to play Engage as much as I wanted to and have regrettably been far behind everybody.  I will say however that everybody is right that this is some top tier gaming as I was expecting it to be.

As far as my favorite?  I can't quite decide for sure since I will say it doesn't have my favorite cast of char-

You all knew I was setting myself up to make this reaction:

(Hey, Kamakura sounds close enough doesn't it?)

I will say that I usually don't by DLC for Fire Emblem since I don't see it adding all that much.  I didn't even buy the Cindered Shadows DLC because it didn't seem to be a substantial addition to Three Houses.  Can't say I ever saw a time where I would feel the need to rush out ASAP but usually felt easy about it.

The time has come.  And so have I.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Now i am thinking

Seems like Engage DLC will give us a total of 11 extra maps? That seems like worth 30 bucks hmmm

anyway

y8fzm0ptp1ha1.jpg

Ivy did the best of both worlds.

Helped destroy one church while joining out the other.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yseavd2db3ha1.jpg

Same energy

FclKJ0vakAAeFHW?format=jpg&name=large

That aside the latest update added ways to raise support points between characters at the Somniel, which is a useful surprise.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Something like that but what's interesting is that despite the presence of Shulk and Rex, it doesn't actually feel like a prequel.

Wonder what the hell Alvis did that made Rex of all people call him a heartless machine.

I'm pretty sure the Noah-looking guy is Founder Vandham. Prequel confirmed lets's gooooo

I'm interested in seeing who else shows up, but in the meantime the latest DLC wave added retro outfits for the characters. Noah got Shulk, Lanz got Reyn, Eunie got FC Melia, Mio got Nia, Sena got Brighid, and Taion got Jin's super form for some reason.