• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Made it to the BLADE division selection. I was debating between Harriers and Curators since I'd be killing things and collecting things very often (and both divisions had killing Tyrants as their specialties) but I decided that I'd be killing more than I'd be collecting so I went with Harriers.

First impressions: I can definitely see myself using ranged weapons more. Melee weapons in Xenoblade X feel kinda slow in terms of auto-attacks but maybe that's weapon-specific. But I gotta give points, because having a force Topple Art right off the bat is very nice. It doesn't always work but I am surprised the game allows me to Topple without Breaking first (Break is Staggered here, right?). Bonus points because Cross also starts off with an Art that deals bonus damage to Toppled enemies so this is good design right here.

The font size isn't actually pain to my eyes. Maybe it's cause I wear glasses. I've messed around with Fashion Gear already although I do gotta say, XenoblaDE's Fashion Gear did spoil me. In general, I actually do feel that Xenoblade X's menu are kinda clunky. It's not streamlined like in the other games.

The story so far, well, I already knows what happens. The beginning is basically just exposition and not a whole lot happens. Which I'm fine with, this isn't a game one plays for the story anyway.

Anyways @Interdimensional Observer @lightcosmo what's the trick to targeting different body parts? I see the targeting change after moving and I know you can lock it to a specific part but is there a way to manually change where you're targeting besides just moving?

Damnit I go to sleep and suddenly there's five more pages in the thread.

13 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Although PoR came out one month before Berwick did.

I am legally obligated to point out that one month is not nearly enough time to rip anything off, thus Berwick Saga is perfect and Kaga is innocent.

12 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

>Arina event

Kaga pls

Now imagine getting Christine killed in that map before she can talk to Esteban. Heh... imagine that.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

cp96LV2.png

Ced that you

No.

He's better.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

And that some important units with important items or recruitment stuff come very late into the map

Like i waited for Esteban like 5 turns or something. Turn 20 is way too late. Atleast i kept killing reinforcements and got quite a bit of exp for some peeps. FE5 had that problem as well.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that's the one and only time a recruitable arrives so late.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Derrick and that guy that rescued Faye, as well. They are now in the guild

U S E   D E R R I C K

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Anyways @Interdimensional Observer @lightcosmo what's the trick to targeting different body parts? I see the targeting change after moving and I know you can lock it to a specific part but is there a way to manually change where you're targeting besides just moving?

Some depend on positioning, like if you arent above and perfectly center for example, then you cant target it. Like Scripo sacs require you to be very close if its other appendages arent destroyed yet. It can be kinda tricky to find the right spot, and it's a hell of alot harder in a skell.

Some simply require it to be in field of vision. 

Really it mostly depends on the enemy, but In my experience, sometimes it doesnt react the greatest. Enemy dependent of course.

Maybe they wanted it to be diffiuclt considering it makes fights alot easier. 

Short version: I dont believe so, nope.

Edited by lightcosmo

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Made it to the BLADE division selection. I was debating between Harriers and Curators since I'd be killing things and collecting things very often (and both divisions had killing Tyrants as their specialties) but I decided that I'd be killing more than I'd be collecting so I went with Harriers.

First impressions: I can definitely see myself using ranged weapons more. Melee weapons in Xenoblade X feel kinda slow in terms of auto-attacks but maybe that's weapon-specific. But I gotta give points, because having a force Topple Art right off the bat is very nice. It doesn't always work but I am surprised the game allows me to Topple without Breaking first (Break is Staggered here, right?). Bonus points because Cross also starts off with an Art that deals bonus damage to Toppled enemies so this is good design right here.

The font size isn't actually pain to my eyes. Maybe it's cause I wear glasses. I've messed around with Fashion Gear already although I do gotta say, XenoblaDE's Fashion Gear did spoil me. In general, I actually do feel that Xenoblade X's menu are kinda clunky. It's not streamlined like in the other games.

Go Harriers, just saying!

If you mean AA's, they both are useless. XD

Now, if you mean arts: Depending on what weapon comboes you use, they can be amazing, but melee arts almost always have better damage output. And yes, stagger is break. Dont forget that stagger can also cancel an enemy attack, just like break in Xenoblade 2! You can also re topple them just like in Xenoblade DE.

The font doesnt hurt your eyes, it's just generally to small to fit all on one screen like that.

Also, I'm responding to these later, lol.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Welcome to the last teehee thread. Enjoy your stay!

No.

He's better.

O.o

U S E   D E R R I C K

Are you and benice meme'ing right now, or are you serious?

3 Mov is a hell to use xD

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Are you and benice meme'ing right now, or are you serious?

3 Mov is a hell to use xD

I mean, I would think the 3 mov and the generic portrait speak for themselves.

Derrick's a joke unit, but he's the funniest joke unit ever, so he's well worth using. There's also the fact that he has the best base defense of any unit in the game and uses the biggest shields. He's the worst unit in Berwick Saga, but he's nowhere near the likes of Wendy or Sophia. In some maps he has legitimate use as a tank.

I am legally obligated to point out that one month is not nearly enough time to rip anything off, thus Berwick Saga is perfect and Kaga is innocent.

I made no such implications. All I was trying to say is that this points to both games being developed during a similar timeframe, so the reverse is also highly unlikely (and if Tellius' story was based on notes Kaga left, then Berwick ripping off Tellius is not what happened, anyway).

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I made no such implications. All I was trying to say is that this points to both games being developed during a similar timeframe, so the reverse is also highly unlikely (and if Tellius' story was based on notes Kaga left, then Berwick ripping off Tellius is not what happened, anyway).

Yeah, of course. I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything. I just felt the need to make it clear that I'm the most insufferable Berwick Saga fanboy.

All jokes aside, yeah, it's as you say. It's most likely that both Kaga and IntSys happened to base their next stories over the same notes. Hence the similarities.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, of course. I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything. I just felt the need to make it clear that I'm the most insufferable Berwick Saga fanboy.

All jokes aside, yeah, it's as you say. It's most likely that both Kaga and IntSys happened to base their next stories over the same notes. Hence the similarities.

Dont worry, we all know IntSys copied them. XD

I mean, there's nothing wrong with using notes left behind by former coworker/Boss.

Also most similiarties are at names so far. I don't see Berwick going the same way as Tellius.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's all good! No worries. ^^

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't even think it's that bad of a thing, to be honest. Just because two stories (or concepts therein) are conceptually similar doesn't have to mean one is automatically worse than the other.
At least that's my highly unqualified take.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Debatable in Tellius's case.

Blazing Sword, though...

Come to think of it, even within FE, we have FE3 and FE6 that are almost uncannily similar to one another (a crapton of playable characters, a "true ending" that is locked to collecting items that are connected to that world's Fire Emblem, the initial final boss being a ruler who turned evil (posession in Hardin's case, trauma in Zephiel's), and a dragon that was sealed away for a long time as an actual final boss).

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, there's nothing wrong with using notes left behind by former coworker/Boss.

That, too.

---

In other news, me staying up all night proved fruitful.
I finally got Aluche to max level (50 in this game), and that was the last thing I needed to do for this:
y4WfnIl.jpg

Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon, sequel to my all-time favorite game, thus joins the ranks of games I got the Platinum trophy for. Yay!

Now, all that's left to finish up this playthrough on Extreme difficulty is the Moon Queen, Malvasia, who, as some of you may know, is my favorite antagonist and final boss.
And this is the lineup I will be using to take her on:

Spoiler

rpnWel8.jpg

Hoo boy... I dread it and look forward to it already. Malvasia is rough, even on Normal.
But I will get to hear Lucia, my absolute favorite song, in-game again. I am officially HYPED!

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

n other news, me staying up all night proved fruitful.
I finally got Aluche to max level (50 in this game), and that was the last thing I needed to do for this:
y4WfnIl.jpg

Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon, sequel to my all-time favorite game, thus joins the ranks of games I got the Platinum trophy for. Yay!

Ey, congrats!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

In other news, me staying up all night proved fruitful.
y4WfnIl.jpg

Grats!

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't even think it's that bad of a thing, to be honest. Just because two stories (or concepts therein) are conceptually similar doesn't have to mean one is automatically worse than the other.

Yeah, fair enough.

There is one similarity between Tellius and Berwick that is so blatant I can't help but find it hilarious, though. It's this fellow here:

Vkwzpjfv o

Look familiar? His name is Arcturus and he's the loyal lieutenant to an honorable general on the enemy side, named Zephyrus. SPOILERS FOR BWS AHEAD

Spoiler

This general also happens to be the man who kills the protagonist's father.

Again, probably just a Kaga's Notesâ„¢ situation, but... Even the design was in the notes?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, fair enough.

There is one similarity between Tellius and Berwick that is so blatant I can't help but find it hilarious, though. It's this fellow here:

Look familiar? His name is Arcturus and he's the loyal lieutenant to an honorable general on the enemy side, named Zephyrus. SPOILERS FOR BWS AHEAD

Reveal hidden contents

This general also happens to be the man who kills the protagonist's father.

Again, probably just a Kaga's Notesâ„¢ situation, but... Even the design was in the notes?

Hah! That is indeed hilarious. XD
Even the little bit of armor you see in the portrait is very, very similar to the Tellius equivalent.

Although his hair reminds me more of Camus/Zeke/Sirius/whatever that guy goes by these days.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Even the little bit of armor you see in the portrait is very, very similar to the Tellius equivalent.

That portrait is cropped, actually. Here's the full thing:

lNoHVCx5_o.png

His chestplate does go higher than the other guy's, and it's black instead of red. That's something.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Only five?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that's the one and only time a recruitable arrives so late.

Well, I suppose it'd be possible to skip out on the one who defects from her homeland because she dislikes who they sided with... It wouldn't be easy, but theoretically possible.

Also, @Shrimperor, Reese doesn't need to be the last to escape, just so you know.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm the most insufferable Berwick Saga fanboy.

No I! I've been telling everyone here to play Berwick for...What, a month now?

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

y4WfnIl.jpg

Congrats!

Woah a threesome at the bottom oh my how lewd