Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

we shill everything here

we also complain about everything xD

I will refrain from doing the latter, but only because I have just noticed that Three Houses is listed as your favorite game.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I don't mind complaints about fav. games xD

And as i said somewhere else, every FE game is kinda different and appeals to different peeps, and it's fine that way.

Edited by Shrimperor

Why am I getting ads for Robux?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And as i said somewhere else, every FE game is kinda different and appeals to different peeps, and it's fine that wa

Except for FE6

Just now, Shrimperor said:

every FE game is kinda different and appeals to different peeps, and it's fine that way.

What kind of Fire Emblem fan are you? We're supposed to look down on other opinions with disdain and hatred!

No, wait. That's only me, the Kaga Elitist. Never mind, carry on.

...In all seriousness, though, I agree completely. I cannot stand PoR, for example, but if someone likes it, that's perfectly fine - and the same goes for someone who doesn't like Berwick Saga. Every opinion is fine as long as it's expressed in a civil manner.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

First impressions: I can definitely see myself using ranged weapons more. Melee weapons in Xenoblade X feel kinda slow in terms of auto-attacks but maybe that's weapon-specific.

I'd say it depends on the specific weapons somewhat. Sniper Rifles are slow to reload, and Rayguns are too. Most ranged weapons can deal multiple auto hits, but I think even with that their TP generation is usually lower than on the single hit of melee weapons. This said, swap weapons every few seconds, the auto-attack of weapon you aren't using cools down even when you aren't using it.

Anyways @Interdimensional Observer @lightcosmo what's the trick to targeting different body parts? I see the targeting change after moving and I know you can lock it to a specific part but is there a way to manually change where you're targeting besides just moving?

Unfortunately no. It's annoying, though XCX already uses most of the controls of the Wii U, where would they have fit it in? The Control Pad maybe?

Later with Skells, M-Missiles are good if you want to break appendages, and on foot, although it isn't stated in the Art's description, Lin's Fire Carnival is good on appendages too. 

It doesn't always work but I am surprised the game allows me to Topple without Breaking first (Break is Staggered here, right?).

A successful Stagger removes the enemy's resistance to Topple, making it easier to land it, but yes it isn't strictly necessary.

I think I prefer the strict and defined four-stage XC2 system, but when you've the freedom to pick your class, pick your Blade allies -including fellow players' avatars- I can see why they would want to remove the necessity of something pre-Topple. Although for all of the main story, you will have Elma and Lin, so there's your Shadowstrike Stagger and Wild Down Topple combo.

In general, I actually do feel that Xenoblade X's menu are kinda clunky. It's not streamlined like in the other games.

I do like the big bright menus of XC2 over XCX's. Though there is a little clunk in XC2 in having both Drivers and Blades, swapping from one to the other to adjust them takes a moment.

Oh, and don't forget you can customize your avatar's Soul Voices, but you don't have to do that at all, it's a very minor thing really.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Why can't this be the unpopular opinion thread? Such civility! It's beautiful. xD

WOAH WOAH WOAH HEY HEY HEY THAT'S SUBJECTIVE GET OUT

get ready for the popcorn

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why am I getting ads for Robux?

Because you aren't using ublock origin, my eternal rival.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What kind of Fire Emblem fan are you? We're supposed to look down on other opinions with disdain and hatred!

lel.

Me and Benice butt heads all the time. Especially about FE5 and FE6. I am a big fan of the former, he is a big fan of the latter Which is one of my most disliked games ever.

That reminds me of a meme i created a while ago

UGqjXir.png

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That portrait is cropped, actually. Here's the full thing:

lNoHVCx5_o.png

His chestplate does go higher than the other guy's, and it's black instead of red. That's something.

I see, I see!
He really does look like a cross between Camus and the Black Knight. XD

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Congrats!

Woah a threesome at the bottom oh my how lewd

You have a very dirty mind. XD

Here's the full picture:
2YoPcEF.jpg

No lewd stuff, as you can see.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

we shill everything here

we also complain about everything xD

True and true again.
And sometimes, we shill and complain at the same time! XD
Or at least I did when I listed off some of NoA2's weakpoints compared to the first game.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't mind complains about fav. games xD

Me either.

All I really would mind is when I recommend a game I like to someone and they end up disliking it. Not because they dislike it, but because I'd feel like I've wasted that person's time they could have better spent playing something they like.
Though I do admit that I take this a notch too far sometimes... as in, I don't recommend games I like on the basis that I am convinced people will hate it. >.<

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And as i said somewhere else, every FE game is kinda different and appeals to different peeps, and it's fine that way.

Absolutely true.
I love Echoes to death, but I understand why others wouldn't like it. I won't throw a hissy-fit just because someone doesn't.
That would be kinda stupid, honestly.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Why can't this be the unpopular opinion thread? Such civility! It's beautiful. xD

This is the Teehee thread, where wholesomeness rules!

tumblr_mqd3ukvPeE1qbvovho1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Who is it?

Steve

EDIT: And Alex, a zombie and an Enderman, apparently.

Edited by Benice

I think I'll enter cryostasis in an underground bunker on the moon for the next 200 years instead, maybe by then the planet will have recovered from the nuclear meltdown. Never played Minecraft, and while I see the impact of the game, that wouldn't have been my choice, Assist Trophy would've suited that fine.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

And yes, stagger is break. Dont forget that stagger can also cancel an enemy attack, just like break in Xenoblade 2! You can also re topple them just like in Xenoblade DE.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This said, swap weapons every few seconds, the auto-attack of weapon you aren't using cools down even when you aren't using it.

These are both good things to know.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You've got to be hecking kidding me. The most impossibly boring pick for a Smash character. xD

tenor.gif?itemid=14355381

Nah man, this is fucking hilarious. I literally cannot go on Twitter right now because Steve broke the Internet.

Honestly, i'm satisfied. If it was Sora or a Pokemon rep, i would've just closed the tab.

Sans and Steve in the same game, this is too much power.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Fair point...

*packs away the popcorn I prepared*
My disappointment is immeasurably and my day is ruined. XD

nah, not just yet. Memes =/= people want it xD

Pretty sure the internet is in a collective ''wtf'' state right now

Well, Minecraft is an important game. It had a legitimate impact on the industry as a whole - it more or less shaped a whole genre by itself. It's also extremely popular, still being updated and enjoying a large fanbase so many years after its release. It is also the best selling game of all time (according to Wikipedia), surpassing games far older than it. And, well, it's just a damn good game, too.

So... Yeah. To be honest, leaving the memes aside, I think Minecraft was long overdue representation in Smash. I'm surprised they actually went ahead and gave it a playable character, but I believe the game deserves it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I'm fine with Minecraft getting a character. The moveset seems pretty interesting and there are still four more characters to be added.

Though I probably won't get the pass for myself until a) Rex gets in, or b) the entire pass is revealed and I like the whole package.