• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I wonder if I screwed something up when messing with the settings. Maybe switching the settings back to default will make it work better on my laptop.

Good luck with that. Berwick Saga is great.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I wonder if I screwed something up when messing with the settings. Maybe switching the settings back to default will make it work better on my laptop.

Google which Settings you need for your processor. Each plugin works with certain processors or something

PS emulators are a pain

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good luck with that. Berwick Saga is great.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Google which Settings you need for your processor. Each plugin works with certain processors or something

PS emulators are a pain

Ah, I'll try that. Thanks.

"There's nothing quite as beautiful as the burning souls of two lovers who will never be together..."
~ Malvasia, Nights of Azure 2

So the Moon Queen said.
Considering her own backstory and what a "beautiful soul" means to a demon (a soul becomes more 'beautiful' the more pain a person suffers), these words hit hard.

I can only repeat myself when I say that... this girl and these three phases of fighting her are easily my favorite boss fight in all of video game history.
The music, the fight itself, the story behind both combatants (with additional weight if you decide to bring Arnice along)... it all comes together so beautifully here.
Ft6ppLI.jpg

She wasn't wrong.

It was a hard-fought battle, I don't think I was ever so on the edge of my seat playing a video game before. On my third try, I managed to make it through her first two phases relatively unharmed (though Phase 2 is rough with her disembodied hands wielding weapons chasing after you). And then the final phase started, Lucia started playing once again, and by some miracle, I managed to win.

Never before was a final boss fight this intense and fun. I still can't believe that I did it, in all honesty.
I could go on gushing, but I'll just leave you with Malvasia's own words, said immediately before the second phase starts:
swycUZZ.jpg

I could not agree more.

---

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the games you play right now and in the future as much as I enjoyed this playthrough of Nights of Azure 2!

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

A little bit of fooling with the settings for an Intel processor, and voila!

2K3B1Ot.png

Some hiccups here and there, but mostly solid frame rates.

Yes! Yes! Another one!

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the games you play right now and in the future as much as I enjoyed this playthrough of Nights of Azure 2!

Hey, congrats!

CluelessNaturalFoxhound-small.gif

And thanks!

Edited by twilitfalchion

So Czene will get some kinda horse promotion eh?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

grats on finishing and thanks :D

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If she keeps up and i find good art of her she will land in my sig sooner or later XD

latest?cb=20150822081822

Official artwork.

sylwiss.png

__sylvis_tear_ring_saga_and_1_more_drawn

Couple of fanarts I found by googling her japanese name.

66126a513bc0894dd7574eab5ca81d41.jpg

This one with Sherlock because why not.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...can we coup that king's ass already

Welcome to Berwick Saga. Let me tell you, you haven't seen anything yet. Volcens gets better.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sherlock, you're not impressing anyone by missing so much.

Christine, on the other hand...

Same to you. Like I told Shrimperor, Sherlock looks worse than he is because of his poor starting equipment. Give him time. He may surprise you.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Izerna died already. Wow.

Berwick doesn't fool around. From my experience, Izerna really wants to run north to the shoals where the Sinon cavalry may arrive to protect her.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

KY9Ce1i.png83ZkYu.gif

My favorite part about that scene is that Ward flips out even harder when she offers ten.

51 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

A little bit of fooling with the settings for an Intel processor, and voila!

2K3B1Ot.png

Some hiccups here and there, but mostly solid frame rates.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

[I will put the rest of my fangirling into a spoiler, feel free to look if you wanna see a whole bunch of happy weeping.] Feel free to ask questions if you want to!

Spoiler

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

3oX5m04.png

YOU GOT BEST BANDIT SEAMUS THANK HEAVENS

My favorite part about this guy is his retreat quote. He basically says, "This will not do! I must protect my men and support them in their times of need!" And then he leaves.

25 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Izerna died already. Wow.

O O F

Yep, she needs to get out. It takes a bit of getting used to, enemies being able to scale cliffs.

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

KY9Ce1i.png

I love Saphira. She is so danged cute! Also, her hiring cost seems to be random rather than level based like the other mercs.

She also did this:

kuJ8wzj.png

Nice.

Are you gonna use Esteban? He's pretty cool.