Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

That moment when Lieselotte and Rosea synergize well with their starting spells.

If only I had someone who could get gems. Easiest knockdown in the world. But Langrey and Fauxnel are too busy twirling their nonexistent mustaches to harvest red balls.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

97lKNBE.jpg

After all those jokes about Kevin being ignored, I almost forgot that he was going to be in this game. I didn't think he and best girl Ries would show up so early though.

Also the game gave me all three options as to which final bonding event I saw in the last game, even though I only finished Zero with one of them. Maybe it checks your achievements for that and not the clear save data?

Oh no, now I have to decide all over again which one to carry over. I think I liked Elie's event the best, but I'd be obligated to get her final event in Azure too if I choose to carry it over. And Rixia is an option in this game, so... I'd prefer the option that changes the most dialogue, in any case.

Oh, I think I may know who that girl was reminding me of.

Shiho of Valkyrie Profile.

... okay, Shiho doesn't have orange hair, but still...

Another thing I like about Langrey's voice is his death scream.

I can't blame the enemy for continuing to target him, it's quite satisfying.

I wish I knew who the actor was. Game came out in the era of voice actors not getting credit, I guess. A lot of them are known, but not all, and sadly not Langrey's. Too bad, he did an extremely good job.

I did, however, find out Heugoe voiced a guy called Van Dick in Cold Steel, which is risible to me. Also Virion. I struggle to hear the resemblance.

...Sheesh, this game just generally had kind of an all-star cast, for some reason. They got Ryu, they got Laura Bailey, they got Former Bayonetta, they got--

No.

No fucking way.

jjxO1x9o_o.pngLgyHjlhg_o.png

EARNEST?!

EARNEST, OF ALL PEOPLE!

THE MOST BORINGLY NICE MAN IN THE GAME!

THE ALLY OF THE REBELS!

Well, fuck, now I will never unsee it.

...I forgot where I was going with this post, but I am very happy to wrap up the day with this. Utterly cursed knowledge.

Sorry for the clutter, I'm just... my mind's blown. I can't believe voice actors are professionals that are capable of performing a variety of roles.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, I think I may know who that girl was reminding me of.

Shiho of Valkyrie Profile.

... okay, Shiho doesn't have orange hair, but still...

I can sorta see the resemblance, yes.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Ngl Emblem Camilla is underwhelming. Her Dragon Vein assumes you're a flying unit, because stuff like Flame Vein or Fog Vein centers around you so you'll get hit by the negative effects as well.

It might actually be better to put her on someone else than Alear.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

EARNEST?!

EARNEST, OF ALL PEOPLE!

THE ALLY OF THE REBELS!

Even Garon was young at some point, huh...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Since everybody is probably gonna have a different pick of country, I'll probably put all the answer into randomizer and see what comes up, or come up with some voting system.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Gonna be bias and say Mexico.

Mm, manifest Mexico perhaps?

2 hours ago, ping said:

The Netherlands. Make sure that those Belgian buggers never get anywhere near Africa. Bonus points if you can somehow prevent Prussia from unifying Germany, although I have no idea how realistic that is.

That both sounds very difficult and very fun.

And very laggy considering the state of Europe in all Paradox games

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nothing too big, nothing too small, how about Nepal Siam? Historically was an Asian country that managed to avoid being politically conquered by 19th century Europe (although some economic and a few territorial concessions were granted to the West) and peacefully worked to modernize, seems like a middle-of-the-road option then.

Trying to survive through the colonization of Asia would certainly be  a thriving experience.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Great Qing

Because Qing is pronounced like King

Garon is a King

You are my child now

Therefore you must do as I say.

I look forward to the great Qingian empire.

Nobody tell 'em Qing is pronounced Chin in this context

China throughout the 19th century was going through, to use the technical term, a very bad time, so perhaps the power of Teehee may save it from the brink of authoritarian regimes.

...Or maybe we'll make it even worse, who knows.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Venezuela.

I had a dream last night where I was in Venezuela interestingly enough.

Because you're a sweet summer child! You were probably born on a summer night. In a bakery.

Actually I was a spring child, in fact my birthday is only a week and a half away.

Though I was born in the middle of the night, just not in a bakery.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

image.png?width=1100&height=619

How is bro alright?

His nipples give water breathing properties.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Mm, manifest Mexico perhaps?

Broke:

Stop Manifest Destiny

Woke:

Restore 1821 borders

Bespoke:

undefined

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey Teehee

Pick a country for me to play as

QZ7um4w.png

Whatever is chosen shall be the great nation of Teehee.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C29Td4PUkAEvv5X?format=jpg&name=360x360

Yes, I'm biased.

Partitio’s chapter 3 is fun because it is also a scenario where Partitio gets to invent/help a modern invention in this fantasy setting. The boss was also randomly really strong, although 3 of my party members were way below the recommended level.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'd prefer the option that changes the most dialogue, in any case.

I’m pretty sure the way it works is that there are scenes with a set point that will change based on your event, so they all have about the same amount of changes. There might scenes that either change if you picked a specific character, or not at all, but they might be equal in number… probably. It’s not that much dialogue overall either way, though.

Picking Elie’s does lead to an extra line at the very end of her final bonding in Azure. So that’s… something.

they got--

No.

No fucking way.

jjxO1x9o_o.pngLgyHjlhg_o.png

EARNEST?!

EARNEST, OF ALL PEOPLE!

THE ALLY OF THE REBELS!

...I forgot where I was going with this post, but I am very happy to wrap up the day with this. Utterly cursed knowledge.

Earnest recolored to Garon when?

Is it that difficult to believe?

1. Earnest- *dies to Wylfred*
  2. *Wakes up in Niflheim, Natalia beside him*
  3. Wanders around the icy, hopeless and unpleasant underworld. 
  4. Complains to Natalia that this is HER FAULT! She slaps the afterlife out of him. They separate.
  5. On his own, Earnest whines aloud that rebellions SUCK! They're for LOSERS!
  6. Trips through a dimensional hole in the ground as, healthcare aside, Hel doesn't care about the living conditions of her subjects.
  7. Earnest bumps into an eyeball dragon in a starry world who promises him POWER and NEW LIFE as a metamorphic slime monster.
  8. Having nothing to lose -being dead and sent to the crappy place- Earnest says "Why the Hel not?".
  9. Becomes the King of Nohr shortly thereafter, the details don't matter.
  10. Earnest proceeds to live the high life he wants. Because the whole "self-sacrificing, heroic knight and just defender of the common people" didn't pay dividends before. He offers token support to that monster thing he had earlier pledged loyalty to, enough to appease the boss, yet not much more.

I can't believe voice actors are professionals that are capable of performing a variety of roles.

Well it's nice that you couldn't notice it. Better than the alternative where you recognize who the VA is right away, because the Anglaise pool of talent is no bigger than a fishbowl. Gets boring and is sometimes detrimental, e.g. when you instantly realize it's Yuri Lowenthal for the millionth time (but then, they do need a constant stream of jobs if it is their profession).

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

How is bro alright?

I'm reminded that in MM, Goron Link stepping in deep enough water triggers a respawn. That appears to have been an inaccuracy. Sheer force aside, this scene gives the impression that Gorons are practically invincible.

I like to think Zant was just there waiting for us the whole time.

Imagine if Midna set the teleport location to somewhere else.

Also it is kinda fucked that the three mcguffins you've been collecting for the last few hours gets taken away from you in a Zelda game.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I had a dream last night where I was in Venezuela interestingly enough.

My friend had a dream that i was a WWE Wrestler and my signature move was called "Free Venezuela".

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sheer force aside, this scene gives the impression that Gorons are practically invincible.

Bro fell in lava, got trapped in rock, launched out of the volcano, then we brought him here to melt the ice and then broke him out of the now cooled off rock.

Not even Ganondorf could take him.

I just got reminded. In the Greater Flavor Mod of Victoria 2, it is possible to enact the Aranda Plan as Mexico if you win the Mexican-American War. Sounds like the thing I'd do at least once, hahaha.

Mostly since it's in their "fantasy" submod, so even they think it's too althistorical to take it seriously. Nonono, just retaking Luisiana (the entire purchase area as seen in the 1794 pic above) and Florida is within realistic margins, pft.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry for the clutter, I'm just... my mind's blown. I can't believe voice actors are professionals that are capable of performing a variety of roles.

That just means they are indeed professionals

its double edged sword for a VA voice to be recognizable. If you like it for their uniqueness, then it will be nice to hear them again. But sometimes you dont want to hear them again due to how oftrn they appear,  like interdimensional said

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Zant is tall. Even discounting any vanity height from the top of the helmet.

Or, Link is short. OoT Adult Link appears to be 5 ft 7 in (171 cm) using the measurements on the ingame diving tank. 171 cm is the height of the average Japanese male, so it'd make sense that Link The Player's Window Into The World would be the same, for relatability for the native audience.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also it is kinda fucked that the three mcguffins you've been collecting for the last few hours gets taken away from you in a Zelda game.

There are four Fused Shadows, Zant not taking the last is probably b/c Midna wouldn't look good without it.

Taking most of the Fused Shadows away makes some sense, since they are easily the most powerful (or so we're shown) of the Early MacGuffin Trios (Pendants, Spiritual Stones, Goddess Pearls).

-I did read today that there are fan patches for PH and Spirit Tracks for non-touch controls, I forgot to mention before. A little awkwardness in the conversion, and I understand if you still wouldn't bother with them, I'm merely passing on the info.

I still laugh at that "When Goku's daughter fights Goku's granddaughter" joke I once saw regarding the third MLP EQG movie...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Awesome.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-I did read today that there are fan patches for PH and Spirit Tracks for non-touch controls, I forgot to mention before. A little awkwardness in the conversion, and I understand if you still wouldn't bother with them, I'm merely passing on the info.

I've heard about them but from what i understand, the DS Zelda games were designed with the touch screen in mind. It's not like Mario 64 DS where the touch screen is optional. 

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Awesome.

Finally.

Although for me, OoT can't be beat when it comes to this moment, since I saw it so much as a child.

How did the "Midna's Lament" segment of the game feel to you? Tedious or anything?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Interesting choice for a combination attack.

Not what I'd call the most dynamic, not exactly an "ultimate" combination attack. Needs the Zeta fly around and shoot the enemy from behind.

Just now, Tanjiro said:

Oh, so you guys think I'm a bot now? That's dumb as fuck. I'm done with this site...you guys don't know anything about me...

No, not at all. I meant the bot that keeps spamming topics in Chinese advertising universities. It has been around for a week now, and has currently has made some more spam.