Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah, you have one of those?

Between a Switch and a good laptop, I don't need one of them myself. And I'm not in the "This is totally a SwitchKiller!" camp (Ninty and Valve aren't in true competition with each other). Nonetheless, I know the Steam Deck is a bit limited in quantity, and it seems like another good option for quality portable gaming.

So, to put it succinctly- cool!😃

It's very convenient, yeah. I don't like playing stuff on a laptop and my windows partition was slowing down my macbook, so it was a nice option. Especially since most of the PC games I'd like to play (and emulation shenanigans I want to delve into, like for GC and Wii) don't need anything crazy to make them run nicely.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ehhh

Ever since I was a kid, I never liked the idea of a temporary save. I was first exposed to it through New Super Mario Bros Wii, a game that only let you save after every tower/castle (or if you used a cannon) and if you wanted to save otherwise, you'd make a quicksave (post-game you can save whenever).

Another notable example, OG Majora's Mask, which only let you actually save if you reset the cycle. You wanted to take a break, you hit up an owl statue for a temporary save instead. The remake actually lets you save properly, none of that quicksave bullshit, and it's the #1 reason why I will always recommend the remake over the original.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She could've just rounded up the gods and had them all spit into into a container. That created a being named Kvasir who was very wise, until dwarves killed him and used his blood to make the Mead of Poetry. Odin being a wisdom god himself, he stole it for himself, though he shares it with the other gods and with humans who he judges worthy of the drink of sagacity and creativity.

Is this cannibalism?

Still, surviving a stab through the chest like this is decently dramatic

Taking the sword meant to kill you as your own is also incredibly badass.

But, how did G'dorf get his 'Force in this game? I don't recall them ever saying how.

Could just be consistency. After Ocarina of Time properly established who got which piece of the Triforce, Ganondorf's consistently had the Triforce of Power. Even in A Link Between Worlds, which by all accounts he shouldn't have because the Triforce was whole in A Link to the Last and the Dark World was created because Ganondorf touched it with an evil heart.

The only incarnations of Ganon that don't have it are the one in Four Swords Adventures, cause that's just a different guy and Breath of the Wild, cause Ganon is just pure malice at that point, Tears of the Kingdom pending.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ever since I was a kid, I never liked the idea of a temporary save. I was first exposed to it through New Super Mario Bros Wii, a game that only let you save after every tower/castle (or if you used a cannon) and if you wanted to save otherwise, you'd make a quicksave (post-game you can save whenever).

When it comes to most games i agree with you, but for me part of the FE challenge is trying to do the whole thing with no or limited check points

Nah Oracle of Ages really gonna make me find a bomb flower cause regular bombs aren't enough.

Bombs are bombs!

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

but for me part of the FE challenge is trying to do the whole thing with no or limited check points

Unfortunately time is finite and i just don't have the time anymore for an all-or-nothing run.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is this cannibalism?

Hmm... I suppose it does? -For Odin and the other gods that is. For the dwarves (Fjalar and Galar) who killed and fermented him, maybe not? 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Nah Oracle of Ages really gonna make me find a bomb flower cause regular bombs aren't enough.

Bombs are bombs!

This is only the start of Rolling Ridge, just wait.😈

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know like 2.5% of her voters must've had a rather... different reaction.🤤

BTW Arma,

641342aa5f4f54001919eb5f?width=1300&form

I doubt ~5000 miles (4050 km) of sargassum seaweed -twice the width of the contiguous continental US- weighing 20 million tons (18.14 million metric tons) will seriously bother you. But if you do stop by a beach and this stuff slams Florida as is being feared, I hope all the rotting plantlike algae washing ashore isn't too stinky for ya!

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

tenor_72.gif

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

doubt ~5000 miles (4050 km) of sargassum seaweed -twice the width of the contiguous continental US- weighing 20 million tons (18.14 million metric tons) will seriously bother you. But if you do stop by a beach and this stuff slams Florida as is being feared, I hope all the rotting plantlike algae washing ashore isn't too stinky for ya!

Yeah i live in CFL, this will not affect me. 

Sucks for the people who will deal with it tho.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bombs are bombs!

Different yields, I suppose.

You wouldn't say a Stick of Dynamite and a Nuclear Warhead are just both "bombs", are you?

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That was the fastest detour to the dungeon i've seen in this game, which is saying a lot.

Between Twilight Princess' Clawshot (which you get a second one later so you can be budget Spider-Man) and Ages' Switch Hook, i think i found my favorite execution of the grapplehook item in Zelda.

Skyward Sword also has the double Clawshot.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And you get turnwheels for that!

Yeah but then i might run out. Which hasn't happened as much this run thanks to early investing in forges and also the EXP from the DLC maps. Which those maps have all been pretty good except for Camilla's.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Different yields, I suppose.

You wouldn't say a Stick of Dynamite and a Nuclear Warhead are just both "bombs", are you?

Or, maybe the Gorons are hippies who prefer organic bombs to manufactured ones.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sucks for the people who will deal with it tho.

From what I've been watching and reading, it'll stink up the beaches and make them visually/physically less attractive to tourists, which equals economic damages. The sargassum will also attract insects, possibly carry bacterium of the not-good-for-humans kind. And while seaweed does capture that carbon we're emitting too much of and nourish oceanic lifeforms, once it gets in heaping quantities into coastal waters, it might harm the local aquatic environments, coral reefs won't like it.

Apparently, humans didn't notice this "sargassum bloom" stuff until 2011, so we don't actually a long history of it to fall back on.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That was the fastest detour to the dungeon i've seen in this game, which is saying a lot.

There is a second Essence of Time in the Rolling Ridge.😛

But then, maybe I overestimate the pains of getting to numero dos. I'll just say I got stopped cold after the Crown Dungeon as a kid for quite a while, I'm a little amazed I got through it, and I had to resort to restore points on the 3DS.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Between Twilight Princess' Clawshot (which you get a second one later so you can be budget Spider-Man)

I think I got lost in the dungeon where said item is obtained when I belatedly played through the latter portion of TP. I think I had had enough of my fill of clinging to walls by the time I was done with it. It was neat though.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

FrZitk2WcAAU5N4?format=jpg&name=large

FrZituqXwAAQyaq?format=jpg&name=900x900

It's him.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is a second Essence of Time in the Rolling Ridge.😛

Ah.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Crown Dungeon

Music makes my ears bleed.

But i'm really liking how the Cane of Somaria is being used in this game. On God Ages' puzzle quality is the closest Zelda is to CrossCode.

Of course, it's GBC so these dungeons are not really visually memorable to me. They all look the same here. A remake could fix that.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Music makes my ears bleed.

It's still a banger -one that makes you want to bang your head against a wall.🙉

Yeah, listening to the OoA soundtrack again, it's whiplash compared to the last two dungeons. The best thing I've seen anyone say about it is that it being a dissonant cacophony aligns with the overall gameplay design of Crown Dungeon. Although I haven't played OoA recently enough to confirm/deny if that's the case.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On God Ages' puzzle quality is the closest Zelda is to CrossCode.

Some might say OoA goes overboard with the puzzles, so I'm glad you're enjoying them.😀

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Of course, it's GBC so these dungeons are not really visually memorable to me. They all look the same here. A remake could fix that.

Hopefully a remake would.

I'd want the Spirit's Grave given a good makeover, it's not exactly common that the first dungeon in a Zelda game is horror-themed. Honestly feels weird that OoA makes you visit a graveyard so early. Moonlit Grotto could get a tropical aesthetic update to help it stand out too.

Okay, played a bit of AoM. It's... gonna take a bit to get used to playing this way with my phone, hehehe. Well, went as far as visiting Bogard before heading over to the Eastern Cave. But that will be for next time.

So because I was bored I decided to make a tier list for both Civ 5 and Civ 6 ranking the leaders on how much I personally like them conceptually as a focus in a historical strategy game.

Is it weird how I don't fully draw a line between the leaders and the civilization they lead? Yes. Is it just generally very disingenuous and heavily biased? Also yes, but I'm gonna show 'em anyways.

eLhhmmL.png

8Dkp4Mv.png

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wait, did you intentionally ignore Jasmine and go for Pryce first? Never thought of doing that, before, if it's even possible or you're just pulling in events from earlier.

Johto is somewhat open after you beat Whitney. Morty is still obligatory as your fourth gym fight because you need Surf to unlock any following gym. Jasmine and Chuck should be obvious; I believe you can reach Mahagony Town without Surf by going through Mt. Mortar, but you have to fight the Red Gyarados Golden Krabby to be allowed inside the Gym, anyway. But you can do those three badges in any order that you like, and the levels of their Pokemon aren't even that far apart:

• Chuck - Primape (Lv.27 GSC / 29 HGSS), Poliwrath (Lv. 30 / 31)
  • Jasmine - 2x Magnemite (Lv. 30), Steelix (Lv. 35)
  • Pryce - Seel (Lv. 27 / 30), Dewgong (Lv. 29 / 32), Piloswine (Lv. 31 / 34)

This is actually less open than Kanto (in RBY/FRLG), interestingly enough, where the only enforced order between Misty and Giovanni is that you have to beat Koga before Blaine, because you need Koga's badge to use Surf outside of battle. The "expected" order is made a bit more clear with the Pokemon levels, though, with the exception of Koga and Sabrina being very similar in levels.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

SOMBRON will be proud when he knows there are others who thinks like him

"Seeds are like rebellions"

15 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The Fates/Engage way 😄

I'm not certain how simple this is to accomplish depending on what engine you're using, though. XD