Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wasn't it because Sapiens were horny enough that they basically outbred the other Homo species out of the gene pool? Like at least that's what happened to the Neanderthals.

Friendship with Benefits

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But that's....also a theme in Persona 5. The Treasures you steal from the villains are their desires, which manifest their Palaces.

Probably modified to be CCP approved.

So expect to be the desire for Great Leader (TM).

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But that's....also a theme in Persona 5. The Treasures you steal from the villains are their desires, which manifest their Palaces.

My mistake then. That's what I get for repeating comments I saw without sufficient restrain.😅

And I apologize for writing that bleak wall o' text.🙇‍♀️🙇‍♂️ The point of it being- China is hostile to video games. Chinese games have an oft-bad reputation, but this isn't entirely within the developers' control. The lack of a free society and the particular shackles imposed on it affect video games, like all forms of entertainment and expression. Be thankful we reside in an all-in-all free world.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It does make me wonder what life would be like if the other Homo species stuck around.

I struggle to imagine it.🤔

"Us vs. Them" would be all the more real with the other Homos around, "scientific racism" would have a stronger justification. Would interbreeding remain possible and how would it complicate things? -Although to get to scientific racism, we need science to reach that point, which would mean thousands of years of civilization with other members of our genus walking around. That's a lot of history that would've gone very differently.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For now.

🍻

Let us forget all transient worries and keep it in good context!

King: At supper! where?

Hamlet: Not where he eats, but where he is eaten: a certain convocation of politic worms are e’en at him. Your worm is your only emperor for diet: we fat all creatures else to fat us, and we fat ourselves for maggots: your fat king and your lean beggar is but variable service, two dishes, but to one table: that’s the end.

King: Alas, alas!

Hamlet: A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the fish that hath fed of that worm.

King: What dost you mean by this?

Hamlet: Nothing but to show you how a king may go a progress through the guts of a beggar.

The greatest leveler be this indeed! Who cares who chairs and who presides, who is the chancellor and who is prime? Danse danse do we every day around the great black hole, enjoy the moment while you're still on life's sweet dole!🥴

One week before the Wii U and 3DS eShops close.

... tomorrow it's a day off, I can check out if there's some last minute shopping to be had... well, eleventh hour shopping. Next weekened would be last-minute.

For now, time to write!

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

"If Persona 5 is so good, why isn't there a Persona 5 2?"

".....oh."

Reach for my hand--

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

0U2hKZN.jpg

#Rekt

Puny little girl falls before the might of a real woman.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

LAj6y8Z.jpg

Yet, Ego still there

Keep trying, Goldie.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Caeda in shambles

Alear, no! You have no idea what she's capable of! She's going to seduce Vandad and start calling you "big sis" in retaliation!

noice. i legit thought Shoji kawamori already preparing for retirement for mecha anime. Another Mecha that can be added to the future SRW series list.

hopefully this will be as decent as  1st and 2nd season. the 3rd season is just garbage that it doesnt get featured in SRW like its predecessor.

-------------------------------------------------------

or maybe Kawamori not-so-secretly been helping Miyazaki in upcoming Armored core 6 he dont have time to make another mecha or even another Macross show

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Possessed Nayru battle also hammers home the issue you've mentioned of being able to only equip two items b/c Game Boy limitations. You have no choice but to frequently hit pause during that little boss fight.

Isn't this like, two rotations of Mystery Seed Shooter ---> Switch Hook ---> Sword? (Hopefully the Noble variety?)

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I apologize for writing that bleak wall o' text.🙇‍♀️🙇‍♂️ The point of it being- China is hostile to video games. Chinese games have an oft-bad reputation, but this isn't entirely within the developers' control. The lack of a free society and the particular shackles imposed on it affect video games, like all forms of entertainment and expression.

Speaking of tho, I remembered when Genshin began introducing alt costumes for characters, the initial batch had big "a toothpick changes everything" energy and it was speculated the reason they were there was because China demanded it.

But some characters also got swimsuit alts so idk really.

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

Isn't this like, two rotations of Mystery Seed Shooter ---> Switch Hook ---> Sword? (Hopefully the Noble variety?)

It's three sword hits regardless of which sword you have.

But the menu transitions really fast in the Oracle games so i'm not certain how it would become an issue in the first place?

Like if it took 20 Seconds to load and unload the menu i might understand, but it's not even close to that slow. XD

29 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

But the menu transitions really fast in the Oracle games so i'm not certain how it would become an issue in the first place?

Like if it took 20 Seconds to load and unload the menu i might understand, but it's not even close to that slow. XD

The issue is that it's being interrupted in the first place.

A remake would let you map the Seed Shooter and the Switch Hook to X and Y, so the battle is seamless.

16 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Pausing always interrupts things, it's one of the things (for the Iron Boots) that made the OoT Water Temple so infamous prior to the 3DS version. (It's also why the 16-bit version of Trials of Mana doesn't jive with me, far too much menuing for what's suppose to be an ARPG.)

1 hour ago, joevar said:

i legit thought Shoji kawamori already preparing for retirement for mecha anime.

Japan has been encouraging its population to work longer. The retirement age is effectively 70 over there now, although the official number appears to look lower.

How this affects creative minds and their endeavors, I am not certain.

Why the retirement age has been softly driven upwards.:

ngm-2302-aging-japan-charts_map_ai2html_

The aging problem. Japan ain't alone, but it is experiencing the problem faster and more acutely than other developed countries.

Just found out that it's difficult for British people to dunk on JK Rowling because the way defamation over there works is different. "In American courts, the burden of proof rests with the person who brings a claim of libel. In British courts, the author or journalist has the burden of proof, and typically loses". And because she's rich and most people aren't, UK citizens can't risk it, because JK can just threaten a lawsuit.

Also found out that a lot of European countries have laws against insulting their heads of state (especially if their monarchies are still around). This includes France, which is honestly insane, how did the French government get away with having a law that forbids insulting the head of state.

America may be behind on a lot of shit but we can at least tell the people in power to fuck off and they can't do anything to us.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pausing always interrupts things, it's one of the things (for the Iron Boots) that made the OoT Water Temple so infamous prior to the 3DS version. (It's also why the 16-bit version of Trials of Mana doesn't jive with me, far too much menuing for what's suppose to be an ARPG.)

Japan has been encouraging its population to work longer. The retirement age is effectively 70 over there now, although the official number appears to look lower.

How this affects creative minds and their endeavors, I am not certain.

Why the retirement age has been softly driven upwards.:

ngm-2302-aging-japan-charts_map_ai2html_

The aging problem. Japan ain't alone, but it is experiencing the problem faster and more acutely than other developed countries.

oo didnt know their retirement become so.. high. i already know about the lack of "replacement" but havent read news about extending retirement age.

then again, how can you replace SHoji Kawamori, the creators of so many Mecha genre and the designer of so many iconic robots... heck, even Transformers series that in so many people minds nowadays were created by western toys, has kawamori hands in it

Edited by joevar

#TeaSweep

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Japan ain't alone, but it is experiencing the problem faster and more acutely than other developed countries.

I think Korea got it even worse.

And honestly, i don't think my generation over here woll get to retire. We are not as bad as jp or kr, but we do have it pretty bad as well

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The issue is that it's being interrupted in the first place.

A remake would let you map the Seed Shooter and the Switch Hook to X and Y, so the battle is seamless.

They might, but I can also almost guarantee they would fuck the controls in some manner anyways.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

One week before the Wii U and 3DS eShops close.

... tomorrow it's a day off, I can check out if there's some last minute shopping to be had... well, eleventh hour shopping. Next weekened would be last-minute.

Came here to post this

And this if you want to transfer pokemon the legit way (kinda)

Now, back to ck2

3 hours ago, joevar said:

noice. i legit thought Shoji kawamori already preparing for retirement for mecha anime. Another Mecha that can be added to the future SRW series list.

hopefully this will be as decent as  1st and 2nd season. the 3rd season is just garbage that it doesnt get featured in SRW like its predecessor.

-------------------------------------------------------

or maybe Kawamori not-so-secretly been helping Miyazaki in upcoming Armored core 6 he dont have time to make another mecha or even another Macross show

Another Aquarion, huh. Interesting.

17 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Came here to post this

And this if you want to transfer pokemon the legit way (kinda)

Now, back to ck2

I mean, not everyone is going to pirate.

22 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

They might, but I can also almost guarantee they would fuck the controls in some manner anyways.

I mean Link's Awakening HD is a vast improvement to the original.

@Armagon I just went through OoA's seventh dungeon again, took me like 50 minutes. I was a bit rusty, I could've been faster, and a certain aspect of the dungeon slowed things down sure. Yet it didn't feel like an atrocity upon Zelda dungeoning. Not a masterpiece either, but I don't feel why people would particularly loathe it.

This includes France, which is honestly insane, how did the French government get away with having a law that forbids insulting the head of state.

That sure ain't stopping the Parisians from preventing city garbage collection over pension reform.🔥 The revolutionary spirit isn't gone in them just yet.

59 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And honestly, i don't think my generation over here woll get to retire. We are not as bad as jp or kr, but we do have it pretty bad as well

I've some vague awareness of this, low birthrate and I did hear just yesterday that the German retirement age is being raised to 67. The US from what I'm vaguely aware will be slower on the aging issue than other countries, though we too are destined to experience it.

Again, it's a normal problem in a modern developed economy with women granted equal rights. One that humanity hasn't quite figured out how to resolve so far.

I was able to salvage Citrinne

FrrLDzHakAE2p62.png?width=1100&height=61

WIP, once she hits Lv.5, she'll get Chaos Order, which grants +3 Speed every time she uses magic against a physical opponent (or vice versa). I had originally went for Axe Mage Knight but i didn't realize Hurricane Axe was a Smash weapon. So i went with Sword Mage Knight instead. Dumped some statboosters and SP books.

This means no Lindon this run probably. Sorry Ruben. But i don't think i've seen anyone run Mage Knight Citrinne yet, people are too busy with the Olwen S-ring strat.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I just went through OoA's seventh dungeon again, took me like 50 minutes. I was a bit rusty, I could've been faster, and a certain aspect of the dungeon slowed things down sure. Yet it didn't feel like an atrocity upon Zelda dungeoning. Not a masterpiece either, but I don't feel why people would particularly loathe it

If there are people who generally feel OoA went overboard with the puzzles, that could just be why.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That sure ain't stopping the Parisians from preventing city garbage collection over pension reform.🔥 The revolutionary spirit isn't gone in them just yet.

Wild that the President of France can just be like "imma invoke article 69 of the French Constitution to force a bill to pass". 

Just found out that it's difficult for British people to dunk on JK Rowling because the way defamation over there works is different. "In American courts, the burden of proof rests with the person who brings a claim of libel. In British courts, the author or journalist has the burden of proof, and typically loses". And because she's rich and most people aren't, UK citizens can't risk it, because JK can just threaten a lawsuit.

Also found out that a lot of European countries have laws against insulting their heads of state (especially if their monarchies are still around). This includes France, which is honestly insane, how did the French government get away with having a law that forbids insulting the head of state.

America may be behind on a lot of shit but we can at least tell the people in power to fuck off and they can't do anything to us.

Until you break a leg and they take everything you own lolololololololol

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

#TeaSweep

You know, that's a less boring result than I would've expected. By that I mean "obviously lords sweep because people are boring." Firene is just that, and it feels like they pulled the "secret" thing with Diamant and Alcryst just to shoehorn Yunaka in second place, but Pandreo as Solm's first, Ivy being beaten for Elusia, and Sommie as Lythos's second are all pretty wild.

...Where exactly did they get this, though? What's a Nindori? Also why is Solm's 2nd a secret, are they embarrassed by Seforia beating all the playables?

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Over there? Our generation won't get to retire, period. The entire world is seeing a rapid increase in the age of retirement. If everything remains steady, we'll die working.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

Came here to post this

Uncle!

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was able to salvage Citrinne

FrrLDzHakAE2p62.png?width=1100&height=61

WIP, once she hits Lv.5, she'll get Chaos Order, which grants +3 Speed every time she uses magic against a physical opponent (or vice versa). I had originally went for Axe Mage Knight but i didn't realize Hurricane Axe was a Smash weapon. So i went with Sword Mage Knight instead. Dumped some statboosters and SP books.

This means no Lindon this run probably. Sorry Ruben. But i don't think i've seen anyone run Mage Knight Citrinne yet, people are too busy with the Olwen S-ring strat.

Pish posh. No Lindon? Only if you don't try hard enough. HalberLindon time, Armagon.

Also I don't mean to be mean, but just sayin', my Boucheron with this exact set up was unironically superior

Edited by Saint Rubenio