• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Only the FE4 and Fates fans.

And Raven and Priscilla fans... and Eirika and Ephraim fans... and "He's my little brother" Micaiah and Sothe fans... and...

Yikes

FE fans keep sinking into the abyss. While the game follow suit.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

CHRIST ON A BIKE, THE MEXICO/JAPAN GAME WAS KINO

Is that the game where theres also zombies?

35 minutes ago, joevar said:

Yikes

You know what they say.

When you reach the bottom... start digging.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

v6bxxuov12pa1.jpg

She kinda looks like Eirika, too, if you squint hard enough. Clearly intentional.

25 minutes ago, joevar said:

Yikes

No, we can't sink until Engage gets Fates capture added to it.

Let's see how the remake handles it, also

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'll just watch the first few arcs then dip out

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She kinda looks like Eirika, too, if you squint hard enough. Clearly intentional.

Nah, that's just because all anime characters look the same.

Ahahahahahahahahah!

Perfect. I could not have imagined a more perfect ending for the absolute fucking heap of shit that has been the Minimum Ranks run.

My fucking God, what a complete, abject torture. I love Berwick Saga even more now.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahahahahahahahah!

Perfect. I could not have imagined a more perfect ending for the absolute fucking heap of shit that has been the Minimum Ranks run.

My fucking God, what a complete, abject torture. I love Berwick Saga even more now.

Rubenio:

Ln6fumt3 o

Anyway, I'm also kinda mad because Aline did far more for Christendom than him and nobody cared

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

v6bxxuov12pa1.jpg

>fairy tail

18 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

The spinning rock... Thing? Where you toss bombs in its head and stop it on red?

Yup. Kinda looks like them things that drop down in the castles in the SNES Mario game when you get near em

That was.... not pleasant 

23 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Okay, what kind of stupidly specific skill is that? And for only 2 damage?

From what I've seen, Engage has quite a few of those nigh-useless personal skills. I think the first Knight has a similar skill, but for two female characters, for example, or the Early Archer getting +2 Str for a turn if she uses a Vuln. And then there's Alear who has Camilla's personal, or the Hiya Papaya girl who gets extra crit when standing in +Avo terrain, who also happens to start in a class that gets double +Avo bonuses from terrain. It's oddly unbalanced, although I don't know how important personal skills really become when discussing how good a unit really is.

In other news, the Triangling has begun. It's nice to go back to this game, after so long - and all these weeks of eager wait, of course. I kinda forgot how nice it feels to play. Even more so now, on PC, with a better performance, loading times and mouse controls.

EDIT: Oh, and not to mention, on PC you can easily edit a file and remove some of the more... Questionable choices of visual effects, which is pretty handy.

I can't wait for Bar Mom to appear and start giving me mock battles.

Some things never change, though. Roland has already died. He did pretty well for himself before he fell, at least. Perhaps this time I'll have to neglect him a bit less, considering I'm going to be following his very good ideas to his ending.

3 hours ago, ping said:

Nah, that's just because all anime characters look the same.

True enough.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Not as much as Astrid looks similar to Eirika! Xd

Astrid? Eehhhh aside from the similar-ish hairdo, I don't see much of a resemblance. Though different artstyles don't help, I suppose.

40 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Okay, what kind of stupidly specific skill is that? And for only 2 damage?

Engage's personal skills are pretty bad, for the most part. There are some that are okay, and even a couple that are pretty good, such as Alear's renamed Camilla personal and the one that raises the range of healing staves, but is stuck on the most obnoxious character in the game to compensate. 90% of the time, however, they are just there for flavor and don't really add much to the unit's performance.

Heck, in some cases they don't even fit the character's base class or role. Etie gains 2 strength when drinking a potion, because musclehead like steroids... but she's an archer, so this is completely worthless unless you dance for her. Vandad gets 5 crit when next to Alear, which is not only ridiculously awful, it also runs coutner to his role as the Jeigan. You want him softening up enemies, not stealing them with crits for 1 EXP.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, in some cases they don't even fit the character's base class or role. Etie gains 2 strength when drinking a potion, because musclehead like steroids... but she's an archer, so this is completely worthless unless you dance for her.

Or position her to take out someone in EP.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

v6bxxuov12pa1.jpg

The same applies to Louis' skill when Ivy and Hortensia are near each other. So Louis is into yuri incest.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

XBC3 Spoilers

Spoiler

"MIO! ALL I DID, I DID FOR YOU!"

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The same applies to Louis' skill when Ivy and Hortensia are near each other. So Louis is into yuri incest.

Same for Merrin and it applies to more than two at a time, so she's into Yuri Polyamory... which can include Incest too.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Engage's personal skills are pretty bad, for the most part.

Eh. On Maddening i have been making use of them more and more because they allow me to hit certain treshholds. Yeah they aren't like Fates, but they are not that bad.

Alear & Spoiler-chan need no words. They were some of the best personal skills in Fates, and the same here as well

Framme's 10 avo to Alear and with supports are not to be understimated

Clanne...10 hit are good early game, and later on against fast dudes

Yeah Vander's sucks. Wth 5 crit lol

Alfred's works well with an enempy phase build, and he is quite tanky to begin with ...but sucks otherwise

Boucheron well with Chain attacks

Etie's ...yeah it's bad lol. 

Celine's makes Vuln's great and even better than staves in some cases. Early on quite useful, later on does taper off however

Chloe's with the right positioning is +2 damage. She's fast so usually +4. +8 with Braves

Louis...well, he usually doesn't need the 2 extra def lol.

Yunaka's is hella good. She's a Covert unit, so she now benefits doubly from terrain, with +60 avo and +15 crit. I am sure you can do some crit builds with the 1 range knifes.

Alcryst is free +3 STR with the right positioning.

Citrinne's is Aoe heal

Lapis Hit/Avo +10 works really well with supports. No crits is sadge tho

Diamant is a Berwick Saga player.

Amber's +20 Hit is pretty damn useful, but also positioning dependant. I use this alot against swordmasters and the like with their freaking 60-70 avo. It's kinda but that it can't be combined with support bonuses tho

Jade...eh. Dunno how good her Res growths are for that to actually take effect well

Ivy's is stuational, and helps against evasive bosses since you aren't One rounding them anyway

Kagetsu is free -10 avo on enemy

Zelkov is -10 hit on enemy...that basically means +10 avo on enemy phase. Combined with a covert unit. That's really good.

Fogado's...useless

Pandreo is really really good. And combine with support bonuses and you get something like +30 hit/avo with the right positioning. 

Bunet's...lol

Timerra's is minor, but with how Steel Swords have +5 crit for some fucking reason, i wouldn't disqualify it.

Panette...Crit 100

Merrin's is a minor Hit/Avo boost with the right positioning. Always appreciated

Hortensia's is OP

Seadall's is the same dancer skill we are used to

Rosado's and Goldmary's basically give male enemies the middle finger. It makes Axes semi reliable on Rosado as -20 avo ain't a joke, and Goldmary's can be combined well with an evasive build i bet.

Lindon...Crit 100

Saphir...I feel like should work well with a Vantage/Evasion build. Hit/Avo +20 when under 50% HP screams Vantage to me.

Spoiler Knight...helps with his tankiness, although i think with how late he comes he should get more than +2 Def.

Anna is for memey fun Although she's been giving me lotsa money lately

Jean is classic Expertise.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-