Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Got reminded. My "Make your own Emblem" thread is one day from falling into the necro-zone. I've been wanting to make and share another build before that happened, this time using Caeda, but I have a hard time thinking up a good skill-set for her admittedly. I suppose I could put up a WIP post and then edit it...

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know what they say.

When you reach the bottom... start digging.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, we can't sink until Engage gets Fates capture added to it.

i shudder to imagine what will they come up with next. and still lamenting they didnt give me milf to romance

whats that about Fates capture? is it anywhere near like Berwick capture?

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it has become official. Russia is now China's puppet.

well, not the worst outcome for them i guess. we all know the next (unspoken) common enemy would be china. and people already analyzing that Russia still mostly okay even after 1 year of sanction and bans. life still goes on there.

i guess future historian will write these years as some sort of second coldwar 

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Melia where? emblem of suffering

20230321_233937.jpg

Wanna know the saddest but also funniest bit? This game unironically will probably teach Americans how to do their taxes more than schools ever did.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, joevar said:

well, not the worst outcome for them i guess. we all know the next (unspoken) common enemy would be china. and people already analyzing that Russia still mostly okay even after 1 year of sanction and bans. life still goes on there.

i guess future historian will write these years as some sort of second coldwar 

For certain definitions of "okay". Sanctions are not an instantaneous thing, or even something that works as fast as "one year". They have put the hurt on Russia. Early in the year it was stated how their deficit grew, as they're eating through their money reserves (of what remains that hasn't been frozen or seized). There's only so much they can prop up to make it seem that everything's fine when... it's not. Even if sanctions were to be lifted, things there will still become worse before they can actually get better... if they do. China knows this, hence why they're now swooping in to position themselves as the bigger "partner", as it's more that it will prop up Russia enough to try to keep the West distracted.

Who knows, perhaps a couple years down the road we see China make some border adjustments...

1280px-MANCHURIA-U.S.S.R_BOUNDARY_Ct0029

They do have something of a beef with Russia regarding the land they lost to them...

Recently China has released official maps where those places use their historical Chinese names, instead of the Russian ones. Make of that as you will...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Wanna know the saddest but also funniest bit? This game unironically will probably teach Americans how to do their taxes more than schools ever did.

Business doesn't fit into the old core curricula model of math-science-English-history/social studies-second language + art/music & gym. The theoretical study of economics has been around since the 1700s, but that has nothing to do with personal finances.😐 And a 1700s arrival is far too late for economics to have the majestic air of the subjects that go back to the Middle Ages. Finances and business are thusly relegated to an elective side in high school.

Supposedly, reading comment sections elsewhere on the Internet, having to do one's income taxes is a rather American thing. The gist of it seems to be that elsewhere, the gov't calculates your income tax for you (unless you're rich with real complicated finances), and you are free to do your own math and challenge that calculation if you really want to. Why the USA has everyone file their own taxes and not do the same as elsewhere? The tax-helper industry is established in the USA, and will do everything to lobby for the continuation of its existence. -Again, supposedly. But, if true, then we are being intentionally left in the financial darkness so that we are forced every year to shell out 💵 for assistance from the big businesses who are in fact responsible for this tedium in the first place.

EDIT: I didn't even realize the game's reveal said basically what I just wrote!😆

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or position her to take out someone in EP.

I mean, with her terrible speed and defenses, how often is this going to be a viable move? EPing is the last thing Etie wants to do. Especially with only a boost to her already great strength.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

FrxWAIIX0CMkknZ?format=jpg&name=large

Inhumane method of execution

The L is on them and their terrible taste. Probably a Three Houses baby. Go drink your growth milk, little fella.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Eh. On Maddening i have been making use of them more and more because they allow me to hit certain treshholds. Yeah they aren't like Fates, but they are not that bad.

Alear & Spoiler-chan need no words. They were some of the best personal skills in Fates, and the same here as well

Framme's 10 avo to Alear and with supports are not to be understimated

Clanne...10 hit are good early game, and later on against fast dudes

Yeah Vander's sucks. Wth 5 crit lol

Alfred's works well with an enempy phase build, and he is quite tanky to begin with ...but sucks otherwise

Boucheron well with Chain attacks

Etie's ...yeah it's bad lol. 

Celine's makes Vuln's great and even better than staves in some cases. Early on quite useful, later on does taper off however

Chloe's with the right positioning is +2 damage. She's fast so usually +4. +8 with Braves

Louis...well, he usually doesn't need the 2 extra def lol.

Yunaka's is hella good. She's a Covert unit, so she now benefits doubly from terrain, with +60 avo and +15 crit. I am sure you can do some crit builds with the 1 range knifes.

Alcryst is free +3 STR with the right positioning.

Citrinne's is Aoe heal

Lapis Hit/Avo +10 works really well with supports. No crits is sadge tho

Diamant is a Berwick Saga player.

Amber's +20 Hit is pretty damn useful, but also positioning dependant. I use this alot against swordmasters and the like with their freaking 60-70 avo. It's kinda but that it can't be combined with support bonuses tho

Jade...eh. Dunno how good her Res growths are for that to actually take effect well

Ivy's is stuational, and helps against evasive bosses since you aren't One rounding them anyway

Kagetsu is free -10 avo on enemy

Zelkov is -10 hit on enemy...that basically means +10 avo on enemy phase. Combined with a covert unit. That's really good.

Fogado's...useless

Pandreo is really really good. And combine with support bonuses and you get something like +30 hit/avo with the right positioning. 

Bunet's...lol

Timerra's is minor, but with how Steel Swords have +5 crit for some fucking reason, i wouldn't disqualify it.

Panette...Crit 100

Merrin's is a minor Hit/Avo boost with the right positioning. Always appreciated

Hortensia's is OP

Seadall's is the same dancer skill we are used to

Rosado's and Goldmary's basically give male enemies the middle finger. It makes Axes semi reliable on Rosado as -20 avo ain't a joke, and Goldmary's can be combined well with an evasive build i bet.

Lindon...Crit 100

Saphir...I feel like should work well with a Vantage/Evasion build. Hit/Avo +20 when under 50% HP screams Vantage to me.

Spoiler Knight...helps with his tankiness, although i think with how late he comes he should get more than +2 Def.

Anna is for memey fun Although she's been giving me lotsa money lately

Jean is classic Expertise.

The problem with a lot of these is that, yeah they're nice, but in the grand scheme of things, they are so minor it's not really worth paying attention to them most of the time. And of course, then you have crap like Bunet having a low chance to clone leftover food, which is just... Eugh.

Still, there are a few that are pretty nice, that is true. I mean I should know, how many times did I shill Lindon's personal? I just wish it were less lopsided. Seriously, Vandad's personal makes me wanna cry.

...also lol Diamant a Berwick player? He gives both combatants more hit!

4 hours ago, joevar said:

i shudder to imagine what will they come up with next. and still lamenting they didnt give me milf to romance

They did give you milf thoe

whats that about Fates capture? is it anywhere near like Berwick capture?

Not even close. Fates capture lets you take enemies hostage... and then put them in your team as playable characters 

Most random feature ever, but I absolutely love it and it's a tragedy it hasn't come back and probably will never. I like those throwaway bosses more than many of Fates's actual characters.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They did give you milf thoe

who? saphir? i dont know if you honestly means that, but thats not how it works dude

Not even close. Fates capture lets you take enemies hostage... and then put them in your team as playable characters 

Most random feature ever, but I absolutely love it and it's a tragedy it hasn't come back and probably will never. I like those throwaway bosses more than many of Fates's actual characters.

captured enemies becomes playable? what kind of logic applied there? mind-affecting sorcery /torture at work, off-screen?
are they playing game of tag or what

...also lol Diamant a Berwick player? He gives both combatants more hit!

everyone else had useless personal skill, then there's Diamant: harmful personal skill especially for early game. How the hell someone got the idea of giving other more hit chance that always (?) active in a game with permadeath...

Edited by joevar

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

they are so minor it's not really worth paying attention to them most of the time.

Damage ones can add up pretty nicely.

Combined with Brave or something like Leif's Quad hit. I was able to get like extra 30 damage on Leif's quad hit just by right positioning. 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lso lol Diamant a Berwick player? He gives both combatants more hit!

Dean 

1 hour ago, joevar said:

harmful personal skill especially for early game.

Diamant is not fast enough to evasion tank anyway, so free +15 hit is really good.

20230322_081639.jpg

Timerra hates vegans confirmed.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, if true, then we are being intentionally left in the financial darkness so that we are forced every year to shell out 💵 for assistance from the big businesses who are in fact responsible for this tedium in the first place.

And if you get it wrong, you go to jail.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This is one of the more intriguing spinoffs we've gotten in a while.

who? saphir? i dont know if you honestly means that, but thats not how it works dude

Do I look like I care if it isn't

Saphir best girl

captured enemies becomes playable? what kind of logic applied there? mind-affecting sorcery /torture at work, off-screen?
are they playing game of tag or what

Well, they are sent to jail and you can have your units attempt to persuade them. Each has their own ways to go about it. Sometimes it really is torture.

...most times it is torture.

everyone else had useless personal skill, then there's Diamant: harmful personal skill especially for early game. How the hell someone got the idea of giving other more hit chance that always (?) active in a game with permadeath...

Ehh to be honest, I prefer having more reliability with my hits than with my dodges. Especially in Diamant's case. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's kind of a tank, isn't it? Dodging isn't his thing.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Damage ones can add up pretty nicely.

Combined with Brave or something like Leif's Quad hit. I was able to get like extra 30 damage on Leif's quad hit just by right positioning. 

That's not bad.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Dean 

Diamant can't multiply his damage by a factor of three when he gets hit though. 

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

20230322_081639.jpg

Timerra hates vegans confirmed.

Timerra says "if meat is murder I am cereal."

Terrible pun but in character for her lol

Oh shit, it begins.

...crud, april 5? That's going to conflict with the Tristrat replay...

Spoiler

I like how the AU Hounds didn't get different designs at all. They were just slightly recolored lol. Still, probably the best outcome for everyone who wanted playable Hounds. 

...y'know, except for the part where they introduce Gregory by having him say "DON'T HURT ME" and Madeline "I was never snot nosed!" Instead of funnily lame, they're just going to be lame here, aren't they...

I am rather surprised you use the regular team in these maps. Guess that's going to be even more maps of no Lindon or Saphir availability. Awesome.

...Well, now all that's left is to hope that one of them gets Fates Capture as their personal. -57% chance, but I will not stop believing. I will take the extra maps of no Lindon and Saphir if I can get Mitan to compensate.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I hate it.

Never thought I'd see you say those words in relation to a game

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Never thought I'd see you say those words in relation to a game

Maybe I am actually the alt!AcaciaSgt from another Earth.

But seriously... I like Engage so much... which is why I hate that it's doing this.

I mean, normally I'd try to just accept it is what it is and move on.

But with Engage, I've found that somehow I can't. I can't just chill with the stuff it did that I don't agree with.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

can't just chill with the stuff it did that I don't agree with.

sign of a game you loved. I am the same

I criticize stuff so much out of love, not hate

Spoiler

In this world Lumerra seals Sombron in exchange for her life

The divine dragon of this world who was then enthroned as king was also already dead

There was no one to unite the countries, no cause, and the world was in a state of cold war where countries kept each other in check

Alear was investigating strange signs and was guided by a voice calling for help to step into this world

It was there he met the dragon twins Nel and Nil

With them you will set out on a journey to collect the seven bracelets

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe I am actually the alt!AcaciaSgt from another Earth.

That's actually so appropriate lol

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But seriously... I like Engage so much... which is why I hate that it's doing this.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, normally I'd try to just accept it is what it is and move on.

But with Engage, I've found that somehow I can't. I can't just chill with the stuff it did that I don't agree with.

Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from. Oh well, it's too bad.