• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1.4% drop for that Mandragora card, RIP...

Oh, of course it drops after complaining about it!

Okay, reached the Save Room of the Abyss Staircase. Gonna stop here for the night. Will continue next time!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay but that's actually fucking amazing. What's this girl like?

you mean her design look, or her overall characters?

if design, then.

theres reason why i said its not the exact same thing, since this char gets to prolong her life with elixir, thus still on active duty and look like a normal adult

lBcCp0a0B8.jpg

its for character portrait so theres a bit of glow up. even though the tabletop game version looks a bit more older

250px-Queen_Galfrey.jpg?1410541400

but i like her rugged illustration like here:

39nJjv2KWh.jpg

it shows a bit of her weariness and toughness

altho in certain Mythic path (read: route) you can become cruel and make her an undead which shows her real age face.

or in another Path, you can undone her Elixir and just leave it at that, and possibly also romance her in that form. honestly i didnt go that far, only manage as far as undone her elixir but not romancing her in that path, or romancing her while she retain her youth. :

Spoiler

5c530a337118a7b4bab43a6391c3a01cab264e15

even the "joker" of your party will rendered speechless in terror for what the player just done here 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Acacia Sgt  @Interdimensional Observer is there a mecha shows where the protag wear a helmet that in the shape of eagle head? it bothered me because i got dream about a show like that get remake and then followed by Bandai namco also announced so many new mecha show at once, and even new Gundam while the current one still not done

what a dream for a humble mecha fan, lol

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Twilight Princess doesn't ask to save your game after you beat it so my last save is right before the Palace of Twilight's boss room lmaooooooooooo.

Funny thing about this: Link's Awakening (non remaster) does the same thing so my brother never got his filed saved at all as he beat it in one sitting.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For you, I shall describe the story from a video I was watching yesterday. There was a newlywed very wealthy Spanish couple in 1912, who went on more than a year-long vacation across Europe while their Madrid mansion was being renovated. They wanted to go on a cruise -but the man's mother said getting on a boat while on one's honeymoon is bad luck. They went to Paris instead, where they saw certain advertisements everywhere, they left their butler in Paris, sending fake letters and postcards card back to dear mother. The ads were for the RMS Titanic.

Mr. Victor Castellana and his wife Maria Josefa were the only first-class Spaniards aboard the Titanic (a few second-class also existed). Young and in love, they attracted positive attention from their fellow elite. When the tragedy struck, a fellow 1st-class passenger who spoke French managed to get Maria and her maid Fermina onto a lifeboat, Victor stayed behind, uttering what he knew would be his last words to his beloved. -The butler didn't know about this tragedy, so the mother kept receiving these obviously false letters after she knew her son was dead. Spanish law at the time meant that without Victor's body, his wife would be unable to inherit anything until 20 years after his supposed death. So, Maria Josefa bribed a man tasked with fishing out corpses from the site of the sinking to give her an unidentified male body that could pass as her husband, the maid then "verified" it was her former master.

The lesson here: Listen to your mother, everyone.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Uh... since you've been hiking against your will, I did read of a mountain hike in northern Italy. It covers the path covertly taken by Jews after World War II, they were leaving refugee camps in Austria, trying to avoid being arrested by Italian border guards while heading to the coast and thence by boat on to the soon-to-be state of Israel. -Not a serious suggestion, just a second random history lesson.

Ah yes, a fun leisurly activity: The Passion of Christ.

I'll keep it in mind if ever I find myself in northern Italy.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fr-CVwEWcAAQy_u?format=jpg&name=medium

Ah.

Yeah it all makes sense now.

I was about to share that myself.

Yeah, so their solution to "characters exist" is just... okay, everyone is dead except for the lordlings. Effort!

Well that makes things easier for me at least, the only one I'm going to care a flying fig about killing is Alfred lololololololol

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, so their solution to "characters exist" is just... okay, everyone is dead except for the lordlings. Effort!

I mean that's how it was in Future Past and Heirs of Fate as well. Essentially.

Just now, Armagon said:

I mean that's how it was in Future Past and Heirs of Fate as well. Essentially.

In Heirs of Fate it was the kids that got the spotlight though, not the same characters that already got it in the main game.

I don't know anything about Future Past, so no comment there.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In Heirs of Fate it was the kids that got the spotlight though, not the same characters that already got it in the main game.

He we got Nil, Nel and blue winds as spotlight

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

He we got Nil, Nel and blue winds as spotlight

That is true. Still, I would've liked to face the retainers, and perhaps even the monarchs. But it is what it is. Nel does seem like a pretty awesome character, if nothing else.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nel does seem like a pretty awesome character

Engage was already peak FE design

Then they outpeak'd it with Nel

I want a design like that for a full protag. Gimme gimme gimme GIMME.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

5 hours ago, joevar said:

@Acacia Sgt  @Interdimensional Observer is there a mecha shows where the protag wear a helmet that in the shape of eagle head? it bothered me because i got dream about a show like that get remake and then followed by Bandai namco also announced so many new mecha show at once, and even new Gundam while the current one still not done

what a dream for a humble mecha fan, lol

Apparently Science Ninja Team Gatchaman has that. Their helmets at least seem to be bird-themed.

59 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah.

Yeah it all makes sense now.

Honestly, I'm not surprised. With only like six chapters, it'd become too crowded, so their solution is... to kill off characters.

Because apparently alt Elyos wasn't bleak enough.

... amazing, the more and more the DLC story manages to piss me off...

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, it's as Armagon said. The children got the spotlight in there too.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ya know, since dragonic protags are unlikely to go away soon...

I want them to embrace it fully. 

Not a vessel, or half, or part, or amnesia, or whatever.

Give us a full honest dragon as protag, with all that it implies. 

Most importantly being Dstones ofc.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I'd say, would certainly be nice.

In a way I was hoping that would happen too for the Avatar Worship when there was finally a reasonable explanation behind it... then they went to downplay it as much they could, so... who knows.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Pacing review

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Pacing is a good game that, as the name implies, has pacing issues. Out of all the games in the series, this by far feels like the longest entry by a significant margin and i'm not sure how i feel about it. There's a lot to like in this game but it often feels like you could trim certain aspects of this game and the whole thing would benefit and I want to talk about that first.

No where is that more evident than the game's very start. There is so much shit you have to do before you can enter the game's first dungeon. You have to: round up sheep, do some errands, round up sheep, then get turned into a wolf, then meet Zelda, then go back to the starting area, then go to the next area and kill bugs, then let a monkey guide you through the fog and then, only then can you actually enter the first dungeon. Wind Waker, another Zelda game with a similarly sluggish start, is not this bad about it. I would've been halfway through Dragon Roost Cavern by the time i entered the Forest Temple in Twilight Princess. It's common for Zelda games to make you run an errand before you enter the dungeon but this game just goes too far with that.

Eventually, this even starts affecting the dungeons. Starting in Arbiter's Grounds, i've felt that you could just cut a section of the dungeon to make it smoother. There's always something that slows it down. Honestly, even outside of the game, there's certain choices that made me go "huh?". The fact that skip travel is dependent on Wolf Link so until you get the Master Sword and the ability to freely change form, once you clear the curse for each area, you can't skip travel. The fact that you don't get the Horse Call until like start of the late-game.

I think the main reason all this happened is because of the game's story. Twilight Princess really likes it's story. Whereas past Zelda games were light on story (basically most of them) or told them in unique ways (Majora's Mask, Breath of the Wild), Twilight Princess really feels like it's putting the narrative front and center. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but the way it was done i feel ran into conflict with the traditional Zelda formula. I think at some point they realized this because the story feels so frontloaded. There's a lot of plot during the first four dungeons. After Arbiter's Grounds, the game's like "alright go look for the rest of the Mirror Shards" and doesn't really bring up the plot again until you enter the Palace of Twilight. Makes the whole thing feel jarring.

But for what it's worth, it is enjoyable. Midna's an amazing character, Zant is decently creepy, I like the stuff with the Hero's Shade, Ganondorf using the sword that was meant to kill him is badass. The game's story as a whole is decent, the main issue would be that it kinda feels like they sacrificed the gameplay for the story at times.

The dungeons themselves are pretty neat, barring the Sky City that i want to burn to the ground. I really like that a lot of the dungeons are inhabited by NPCs who'll help you out. The fact that there's enemies present makes me question their safety but hey, it's a neat thing. The overworld is pretty big and it was obvious it was done to facilitate Wolf Link movement but it also allowed for some neat horseback battles. The first fight with King Bulbin was pretty epic. I wish it was the only fight, i don't know why he needed to stick around for three more fights but hey, i enjoyed it. I enjoyed unlocking new moves for Link, moves that definitely made some fights go smoother (Helm Splitter goes hard). The items are so good, i love that some of them put new spins on established classic. The Gale Boomerang, the Water Bombs, the Double Clawshots which let you really feel like Spider-Man. Even the Iron Boots with it's new magnetic properties. If there's one fault of the gameplay that isn't related to the pacing, it's that a lot of the bosses in this game feel like all bark, no bite. Zelda isn't known for having challenging bosses but man, it left me wanting more here.

The music is of course, good. It's Zelda after all. Probably has my favorite version of the Hyrule Field theme.

I think the best way to sum up Twilight Princess is that it's the slow burn of all time. When it gets going, it's great. It just takes a while to get there at times. While it's better than Ocarina of Time in my opinion, I do think the pacing issues have me placing this game lower than the other 3D Zeldas. That said, it is still a good game

8/10

Screenshot_7013.png?width=850&height=619

Current rankings. https://www.backloggd.com/u/Armagon/list/ranking-every-game-i-played-in-2023-/

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nel does seem like a pretty awesome character, if nothing else.

Genderbent Soren.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Honestly, I'm not surprised. With only like six chapters, it'd become too crowded, so their solution is... to kill off characters.

Because apparently alt Elyos wasn't bleak enough.

It would not surprise me if it ended with Nel going

hulk-thanos.gif

with the Bracelets and giving everyone who isn't a traitor a happy ending.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Only Dragonstones.

I really liked the Corrin idea of being able to transform parts of their body. Go explore that concept more.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I really liked the Corrin idea of being able to transform parts of their body. Go explore that concept more.

Monkey's paw: Transforms hand into sword -> Sword lord lol

But yeah go full wild with Dragons honestly

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It would not surprise me if it ended with Nel going

hulk-thanos.gif

with the Bracelets and giving everyone who isn't a traitor a happy ending.

You mean she poofs the bracelets out of the world? I mean, it'd be quite plausible considering how we get the Bracelets to begin with. But if that is what would happen... would be quite lame. Also, kinda wrong. Specially because of the Emblems.

But then, I no longer expect the Xenologues to not disappoint me anymore.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Nah bruh, the text wasn't this small before. There has to be a setting, it's Xenoblade X all over again.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You mean she poofs the bracelets out of the world? I mean, it'd be quite plausible considering how we get the Bracelets to begin with. But if that is what would happen... would be quite lame. Also, kinda wrong. Specially because of the Emblems.

But then, I no longer expect the Xenologues to not disappoint me anymore.

Honestly, i'm just here for the gameplay first and foremost.

Just now, Armagon said:

Honestly, i'm just here for the gameplay first and foremost.

Me too. At least only for the Xenologues. The Funny aside, the main Engage story is enjoyable at least.

Also, this is just more of a side note but, is it just me, or is the DLC story pretty much trying to be War Phase Three Houses? Equate Lumera and Alear not being there to Rhea and Byleth not being there, and then you have the nations of the continent on pins and needles, and war erupting, etc.