Jump to content
Jules Necrofantasia

We L(Ike) Hellos, Games and Teehees

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Have you seen everyone’s designs?

Yes. Playable characters, at least. I hate Fates's artstyle. Everyone's hair is terrible, the armors and outfits look bloated and over-designed, and it feels like the entire cast shares one of three color schemes. Oh, and half the female cast look too much like hentai characters, which is probably the biggest problem for me.

Awakening shares all of these issues, by the way. Just my own personal opinion, but... It's pretty bad that these are the only games in the series where there isn't even a single character that makes me go "oh yeah, I want to use this person!" Everyone looks terrible to a lesser or greater degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. Playable characters, at least. I hate Fates's artstyle. Everyone's hair is terrible, the armors and outfits look bloated and over-designed, and it feels like the entire cast shares one of three color schemes. Oh, and half the female cast look too much like hentai characters, which is probably the biggest problem for me.

Not to mention most of their personalities won't do much to change your mind.
Like... at all.

Edited by DragonFlames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Calyrex_(Pokémon)

*looks at Shadow Rider's stats* ...Yeah, safe to say this ain't staying in OU for long, if at all.

*looks at Ice Rider's stats* That... probably isn't much better.

EDIT: Never mind, they're already banned XD

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Cynthia’s bases are incredible for a level 10 unpromoted... 17 strength and 23 speed?? That’s 2 less speed than her mother has, who was also in the peg line, and is now level 3 promoted. I mean since I’m already using Chrom, Lucina, and Sumia I might as well complete the family and add her to the team... those bases....

2 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

You guys know any fun Switch offline Coop games?

Snipperclips looks fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

You guys know any fun Switch offline Coop games?

Not a Switch exclusive, but Pikuniku's got some nice co-op stuff too.

Snipperclips also looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

You guys know any fun Switch offline Coop games?

 

Luigi's Mansion 3. I 100%'d that one with a friend and it was really fun. Just a heads-up, however - coop is not available until an hour or so into the game. You have to get Gooigi to be able to do coop. It doesn't take too long, though, and after that you can do the entire game coop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. Playable characters, at least. I hate Fates's artstyle. Everyone's hair is terrible, the armors and outfits look bloated and over-designed, and it feels like the entire cast shares one of three color schemes. Oh, and half the female cast look too much like hentai characters, which is probably the biggest problem for me.

Agreed. Completely.

Tellius still has the best character design in the series, imo.

Although I think Echoes actually has the best art style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are y’all talking about Kozaki is probably one of thr best character designers the series has seen and I will not tolerate any slander towards him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wtf....... so when you’re using a unit that can heal and have them go to another unit and tap A they default to healing instead of pairing up.... that might have just gotten Libra killed. Wtf?? Ughhhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might have to put my Xenoblade X playthrough on hold because it looks like the charger is dead. At least I hope it's the charger. I haven't been using the dock for the past few days and I guess that put strain on the cable.

I really do hope it's the cable that's not working and not the Gamepad itself.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, and half the female cast look too much like hentai characters, which is probably the biggest problem for me.

I know what you're trying to say but you could've just said that the female characters are terribly designed. "Looks like a hentai character" just feels like a buzzword imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Libra and Cherche died because this game has inconsistent controls?

Great... just great.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

What are y’all talking about Kozaki is probably one of thr best character designers the series has seen and I will not tolerate any slander towards him.

anime-shrug-gif.gif

Edited by twilitfalchion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha...ha... my head says no to me playing Cold Steel IV, exactly when the exciting part has begun. This game seems to be cursed. Probably it's all my fault since I maybe got too (over)excited with this game. Now I'm laying sick in my bed, again in late afternoon. Whatever, day is over...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Wow Cynthia’s bases are incredible for a level 10 unpromoted... 17 strength and 23 speed?? That’s 2 less speed than her mother has, who was also in the peg line, and is now level 3 promoted. I mean since I’m already using Chrom, Lucina, and Sumia I might as well complete the family and add her to the team... those bases....

Snipperclips looks fun!

 

48 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Not a Switch exclusive, but Pikuniku's got some nice co-op stuff too.

Snipperclips also looks good.

Looks interesting. I put those in my wishlist.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Luigi's Mansion 3. I 100%'d that one with a friend and it was really fun. Just a heads-up, however - coop is not available until an hour or so into the game. You have to get Gooigi to be able to do coop. It doesn't take too long, though, and after that you can do the entire game coop.

I have Luigi's Mansion 3 and I think I did unlocked Gooigi, I'm not sure. I haven't played that much because the game didn't click with me but maybe playing it together with someone else will do the trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I know what you're trying to say but you could've just said that the female characters are terribly designed. "Looks like a hentai character" just feels like a buzzword imo.

Okay, fair enough, maybe "looks like a hentai character" is a bit of a stretch. But too many of the female characters feel weirdly sexualized. Be it boobs, legs or else, even the most heavily armored women in the cast are showing some skin for no good reason. Personally, I don't think there's a place for dumb fanservice in this series, but perhaps that's just me.

Now, I'm not saying that the old games were entirely innocent in this aspect, but it was less common and they were a lot less overt about it. Even the old dancers had skirts or pants of some sort. Olivia is straight up walking around in a thong.

53 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

What are y’all talking about Kozaki is probably one of thr best character designers the series has seen and I will not tolerate any slander towards him.

I'd rather not start a fight over this, but... Look, I respect the man's talent, but the characters he drew look, in my humble opinion, absolutely horrible. I don't know if he came up with the designs himself or if he followed directives from higher up, but regardless, the end result are some of the most unbearable characters in the series to look at (for me).

Again, this is all my opinion. I'm not asking anyone to agree with me, nor am I pretending that my opinion is the absolute truth. And I'm aware that it gets tiresome to see good ol' Kaga elitists crap on modern FE. But... Well, this is just the way I feel. I'm sorry, I can't force myself to like these designs! They're terrible to me!

Personally, I prefer simpler designs when it comes to attires. Somehow, even the most outlandish designs in the old games feel tame compared to your average modern design. Which isn't a bad thing, necessarily - it's just not something I enjoy, myself.

 

8 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

I have Luigi's Mansion 3 and I think I did unlocked Gooigi, I'm not sure. I haven't played that much because the game didn't click with me but maybe playing it together with someone else will do the trick.

That's all right. Give it another shot, and see if it's more fun with two players!

 

Anyway.

Hello Fiya Emburem Twelve.

Pod5xzkq o

Kindly fuck off signed Ruben.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd rather not start a fight over this, but... Look, I respect the man's talent, but the characters he drew look, in my humble opinion, absolutely horrible. I don't know if he came up with the designs himself or if he followed directives from higher up, but regardless, the end result are some of the most unbearable characters in the series to look at (for me).

Again, this is all my opinion. I'm not asking anyone to agree with me, nor am I pretending that my opinion is the absolute truth. And I'm aware that it gets tiresome to see good ol' Kaga elitists crap on modern FE. But... Well, this is just the way I feel. I'm sorry, I can't force myself to like these designs! They're terrible to me!

Personally, I prefer simpler designs when it comes to attires. Somehow, even the most outlandish designs in the old games feel tame compared to your average modern design. Which isn't a bad thing, necessarily - it's just not something I enjoy, myself.

1. I was being hyperbolic for the sake of comedy.

2. Fair enough what kind of character design that is going to appeal to you is highly subjective after all.

3. I just don’t think people give Kozaki enough credit. Also his outfit designs are relatively simple at least when you really look at them but I digress. One thing I just love about Kozaki’s design philosophy are his character portraits. Tharja’s portrait alone demonstrates what I mean when say his character portraits are extremely expressive. The way she looks so scrunched up with her arms crossed over her chest and the way her bangs hang over eyes almost covering them. Everything about that portrait conveys so much about Tharja’s character through visuals alone. I just can’t help but be impressed by that. It’s just all the little details that add up, Y’know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hello Fiya Emburem Twelve.

Pod5xzkq o

I didn't know that cog of destiny was in FE12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now, I'm not saying that the old games were entirely innocent in this aspect, but it was less common and they were a lot less overt about it. Even the old dancers had skirts or pants of some sort. Olivia is straight up walking around in a thong.

#GiveFemaleCharactersPantsAgain

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Sigh* I'm feeling a little regretful now of yesterday's SoS purchase when a brand new one presumably 100% modern gets announced the very next day.😑 But it's not that bad, since FoMT is a good way for me personally to try reconnecting to the franchise, given my past history with it. Everyone else is probably better off waiting for the next one. I'm running out of classic and new RPGs that I'm interested in, so either I venture into other genres of games, or I do something else with my life, and I know which is easier.

Though I haven't started FoMT yet, I'm reaaaaally finicky with my gaming mood sometimes, and I'm not in it for this one yet, maybe later today, maybe tomorrow. I've cleared Sunday and Monday again in DS2 (it's fast when I inherited 4 endgame demons), and I want to see if I can blitz down Tuesday on the same battery charge. Daichi is already at Fate level 3, geez the best friend bonds fast, I think I'll save beforehand and reset to view his events without wasting time when I no longer need to raise his Fate anymore.

 

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

It really do be like that.

In my defense, having to get all the keys inside the cave just kinda made me want to get it over with. It was also like 1 in the morning.

*Definian Downfall at 1 in the morning*😵

And, you can always refight the Rexoskell for pride and some materials whenever you want, not sure if clearing the story is necessary first to do that from the online barracks terminal.

 

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

But most of all, I really wish the female protagonist were actually marriageable ngl.

That wouldn't be a challenge, they've already done that before with Tides of Destiny. Though Aden and Sonia aren't amnesiacs with customizable names like the other protagonists, which would absolutely work, since it isn't like you get much of a say in the amnesiacs' personalities.

 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Might have to put my Xenoblade X playthrough on hold because it looks like the charger is dead. At least I hope it's the charger. I haven't been using the dock for the past few days and I guess that put strain on the cable.

I really do hope it's the cable that's not working and not the Gamepad itself.

You thought you were racing against the Lifehold's charge, turns out it was another's.

Terrible timing! I hope you get it fixed, thats extremely inopportune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now, I'm not saying that the old games were entirely innocent in this aspect, but it was less common and they were a lot less overt about it. Even the old dancers had skirts or pants of some sort. Olivia is straight up walking around in a thong.

Ehhhh i will say that pretty much all the dancers were wearing basically nothing. Lalum and Ninian are the exceptions, Lalum looks like she's into fitness and Ninian is the most SFW dancer in the series haha.

Of course, all the older dancers were also in sprite work but if FE4, 5 and 8 got remade with modern graphics, you'd see what i mean (actually, i think Tethys also wore pants).

21 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I just don’t think people give Kozaki enough credit.

I think Kozaki is decent but i do think he's better when he's drawing sci-fi-ish things rather than medieval fantasy.

I'm about to shill Xenoblade 2

TORNA_Aegaeon_prerelease.png?width=273&h

XC2_Agate_Artwork.png?width=354&height=4

Kozaki was given free reign with these designs because the only rule the XC2 guest artists were given were "here's the weapon, here's the element, the rest is up to you".

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sigh* I'm feeling a little regretful now of yesterday's SoS purchase when a brand new one presumably 100% modern gets announced the very next day.😑 But it's not that bad, since FoMT is a good way for me personally to try reconnecting to the franchise, given my past history with it. Everyone else is probably better off waiting for the next one. I'm running out of classic and new RPGs that I'm interested in, so either I venture into other genres of games, or I do something else with my life, and I know which is easier.

Yeah, i was wondering how you'd feel. The new SoS isn't that far off too, March 23rd i think they said.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, you can always refight the Rexoskell for pride and some materials whenever you want, not sure if clearing the story is necessary first to do that from the online barracks terminal.

Yeah, i did see some NPCs talking about how you could use probes to redo fights but i don't really know what that's all about.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Terrible timing! I hope you get it fixed, thats extremely inopportune.

I found a charging cable on Amazon with same day delivery so hopefully it'll all be resolved by evening.

If the Gamepad is at fault, well....I'll cross that bridge when i get there. I have no way of knowing if the Gamepad is at fault because the charging cable don't work and if that's not working then neither will the dock because the dock needs the cable in order to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...