Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i did see some NPCs talking about how you could use probes to redo fights but i don't really know what that's all about.

It's not using probes or anything. You go into the barracks, head for the Network Console in the back, select Time Attack Missions, and there's your selection of boss fights to relive. Skells are verboten for all of them. It doesn't include the Chapter 7, 10, or latter two phases of the final battle as bosses, C10's was presumably too big, and there's another of the C7's boss's kind as a superboss. Only reward is some rare materials, expect to virtually murder the Rexoskell a heckuva lot more if you want some non-Ares level 60 Skells and superweapons to put on them.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i was wondering how you'd feel. The new SoS isn't that far off too, March 23rd i think they said.

Wow, that soon? Why didn't they announce this sooner? Fears it'd cut into FoMT's sales knowing a newer game was on the horizon? Depending on my reexperience with FoMT, I may spring for it eventually, or not. First impression is me not liking the visuals of the new game, and I'm not fond of FoMT's new artstyle as others are, but what can you do?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

40 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I just don’t think people give Kozaki enough credit. Also his outfit designs are relatively simple at least when you really look at them but I digress. One thing I just love about Kozaki’s design philosophy are his character portraits. Tharja’s portrait alone demonstrates what I mean when say his character portraits are extremely expressive. The way she looks so scrunched up with her arms crossed over her chest and the way her bangs hang over eyes almost covering them. Everything about that portrait conveys so much about Tharja’s character through visuals alone. I just can’t help but be impressed by that. It’s just all the little details that add up, Y’know. 

Fair point about the portraits' expressiveness. It's a good thing about Kozaki's designs, I agree. It's the outfit and hair designs that I've a problem with. I disagree that they're "relatively simple". Compared to other animes and games, perhaps. Compared to the rest of FE? No. Like I said, personally, I prefer simpler armor designs for FE.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ehhhh i will say that pretty much all the dancers were wearing basically nothing. Lalum and Ninian are the exceptions, Lalum looks like she's into fitness and Ninian is the most SFW dancer in the series haha.

Yeah, not going to argue you there. But I meant it as an extreme case. The old dancers were all pretty questionable as well, but at least they had mini-skirts? It's better than Olivia!

28 minutes ago, Spara said:

#GiveFemaleCharactersPantsAgain

Not gonna lie, that's the reason I like Thracia's designs as much as I do. Women are allowed to wear pants. Wow.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

I didn't know that cog of destiny was in FE12.

It wasn't my most glamorous strategy, but spending 20 turns having Yubello eat up their lances until they broke worked. Now I'm having Midia act as a plug. It's a rather hilarious image.

Look, guys, look. It's one of my greatest achievement:

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's not using probes or anything. You go into the barracks, head for the Network Console in the back, select Time Attack Missions, and there's your selection of boss fights to relive. Skells are verboten for all of them. It doesn't include the Chapter 7, 10, or latter two phases of the final battle as bosses, C10's was presumably too big, and there's another of the C7's boss's kind as a superboss. Only reward is some rare materials, expect to virtually murder the Rexoskell a heckuva lot more if you want some non-Ares level 60 Skells and superweapons to put on them.

Ah. I haven't really seen those options yet but it could be because i usually just go to collect my undeserved Division Awards.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wow, that soon? Why didn't they announce this sooner? Fears it'd cut into FoMT's sales knowing a newer game was on the horizon?

I get the fealing that FoMT was just there to keep fans busy until an actual new game comes out. Because before that there was Story of Seasons: Doraemon Edition and i imagine only the diehard Doraemon fans got that.

Which means that the last actual Story of Seasons was the one on 3DS.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, that's the reason I like Thracia's designs as much as I do. Women are allowed to wear pants. Wow.

except Mages.

Kaga was a leg man before any of us was.

Alright, back to chapter 3 again! And this time, Derrick didn't die! XD the cripple RNG hates me, and I know it.

Seriously now, I'm pacing much better this time.

They really push risk taking in Berwick, huh? 

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And men are allowed to wear skirts! It was nice to see some diversity in the designs like that.

I was just looking back at Berwick's OA, and it's amazing how many characters do the long shirt + pants combo, usually with gloves of some kind. The only characters who don't follow that trend are all the healers, the female mages (excluding Enid), and Faye. Really, my only criticism of a lot of the Berwick OA is that some of the armor designs for female characters feel a bit arbitrarily designed - Alvina wears no armor whatsoever over her biceps, but has gauntlets and wears armor basically everywhere else. It makes more sense for someone like Paramythis due to the non-armored glove design, but why leave such an important spot open like that when having armor everywhere else? I know I'm being nitpicky as hell, but it just feels kinda dumb. It's definitely nowhere near as bad as AwakeFates or 3H, though. 

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright, back to chapter 3 again! And this time, Derrick didn't die! XD the cripple RNG hates me, and I know it.

3-M? That map kicked my ass the first time, but I now absolutely adore it, with the exception that you have to wait around until turn 20 to get Esteban, kill the Gale Shard guy, and kill Garos.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

CU7YeI1.jpg

didn't someone post a meme about that yesterday? 😛

I honestly need another Mage in my army because imma bout to drop Boey

Is this echoes but gba?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Personally, I don't think there's a place for dumb fanservice in this series, but perhaps that's just me.

It's not just you. I feel the same way.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And I'm aware that it gets tiresome to see good ol' Kaga elitists crap on modern FE. But... Well, this is just the way I feel. I'm sorry, I can't force myself to like these designs! They're terrible to me!

I mean, I'm no Kaga elitist. Far from it, but I still maintain that Tellius has the best character designs in the series. The perfect balance between practical for battle and stylish for looks. Basically most of the designs pre-Awakening are fine, imo. And even Three Houses' designs are generally great as well.

Heck, Berwick's designs are also really nice.

1 hour ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Ha...ha... my head says no to me playing Cold Steel IV, exactly when the exciting part has begun. This game seems to be cursed. Probably it's all my fault since I maybe got too (over)excited with this game. Now I'm laying sick in my bed, again in late afternoon. Whatever, day is over...

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're feeling better soon.

52 minutes ago, Spara said:

#GiveFemaleCharactersPantsAgain

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That wouldn't be a challenge, they've already done that before with Tides of Destiny. Though Aden and Sonia aren't amnesiacs with customizable names like the other protagonists, which would absolutely work, since it isn't like you get much of a say in the amnesiacs' personalities.

It would be interesting to see implemented in RF5, definitely.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I read Thracia as Tharja and was about to make a comment about Lucina wearing pants so best girl but no....

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Far from it, but I still maintain that Tellius has the best character designs in the series. The perfect balance between practical for battle and stylish for looks. Basically most of the designs pre-Awakening are fine, imo. And even Three Houses' designs are generally great as well.

No mentions of Echoes smh.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No mentions of Echoes smh.

I disagree, personally, I like Hidari’s artstyle but I find that his character design (at least in regards to Fire Emblem) to be pretty generic all things considered. A lot of his characters just lack any kind of unique visual identity if you ask with very few exceptions.

30 minutes ago, Spara said:

I know I'm being nitpicky as hell, but it just feels kinda dumb. It's definitely nowhere near as bad as AwakeFates or 3H, though. 

Three Houses? Most character outfits aren’t really what they’re “supposed” to wear into battle, I mean you cAn have them do so but they don’t default to doing that except for chapter 13.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I mean, if it was redone well it wouldn't be half bad, tbh.

ndohuessghf11.png

Man looks like he came straight out of Rome lmao.

Roman themed Fire Emblem would be neat, do we have that yet? The closest I can think of is the Dancer outfit in 3H because of the colors specifically.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

It would be cool if we can go culture clash FE again

Without painting one clearly good and other clearly evil *cough*Fates*cough*

Well first we need to get rid of evil cult. Because even when you have morally grey factions (3H, Gen 1 FE4 I guess), there's still an evil cult revealed to be pulling the strings.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I mean, anything is better than how they did Marth in Awakening. They basically just put him in Lucina's outfit and called it a day.

Marthdlc_img.jpg

Ehh I don’t think it’s bad. It’s a little awkward sure but I think Senri did a good job given what she had to work with

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well first we need to get rid of evil cult. Because even when you have morally grey factions (3H, Gen 1 FE4 I guess), there's still an evil cult revealed to be pulling the strings.

Yeah, Evil cult needs to go

ruins any fe story. Thankfully they weren'T any important in 3H

Edited by Shrimperor

Or, y'know...they could've just used his excellent Shadow Dragon design instead of redoing it completely. Even Fates did Marth justice, and that's saying something considering the rest of Fates' character designs.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Or, y'know...they could've just used his excellent Shadow Dragon design instead of redoing it completely. Even Fates did Marth justice, and that's saying something considering the rest of Fates' character designs.

But isnt fates just his Smash 4 Design?