Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Wait a minute, i just realized

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

I can't believe Inigo crossed over into another game.

I still unironically kinda want for Owain, Severa, and Inigo to just be dimension hoppers and appear in different games under different names. Maybe i'm alone but i'd enjoy that.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Thankfully they weren'T any important in 3H

The best thing i can say about the evil 3H cult is that there is genuinely interesting lore to be had, the game just chose not to. 

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Or, y'know...they could've just used his excellent Shadow Dragon design instead of redoing it completely. Even Fates did Marth justice, and that's saying something considering the rest of Fates' character designs.

Can we stop with the fates hate pls? What’s so bad about Fates’s character design anyway? If it’s not to your particular taste that’s fine but overall Kozaki did good with that game if you ask me. And if the reason is “too much fanservice” that’s not a good reason to say why a character design is “bad” that’s just means it’s not to your particular taste which is fine but that’s not criticism. That is a bad faith argument. 

I don’t know why I’m pretending like this is a standard Awakening play through, it’s obviously a Chrom, Robin, Lucina, and Sumia solo run.

Like I literally just had Chrom with Sumia backpack and Lucina with Robin backpack clear out 90% of this map.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I still unironically kinda want for Owain, Severa, and Inigo to just be dimension hoppers and appear in different games under different names. Maybe i'm alone but i'd enjoy that.

Owain, Severa, and Inigo for Smash?

Edited by Sooks1016

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Is it?

I don't know, but it's a heck of a lot better than what Awakening did.

Nah, it's his New Mystery design. Smash 4 uses that design just as Smash 4 uses RD Ike, which is the one used in Fates.

The only FE character to get an actual new design in Smash is Roy, which is a mix of his original design and his Awakening redesign.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i am with you lol

Poggers.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Can we stop with the fates hate pls?

Bro if people can be fine with me saying Kaga has only made one game in his career (did he do anything pre-FE?) then you can be fine with people not liking Fates.

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Yes.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey if it means I get more Severa I’d be down with it. My girl keeps getting shafted by IS anyway. When will she get into feh? It’s been 3 years now!

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I would honestly kill a man for this

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

I don’t know why I’m pretending like this is a standard Awakening play through, it’s obviously a Chrom, Robin, Lucina, and Sumia solo run.

Like I literally just had Chrom with Sumia backpack and Lucina with Robin backpack clear out 90% of this map.

Btw, if you haven't, I highly recommend reclassing both Chrom and Lucina to cavs. Reclassing and then promoting from cavs to paladins makes them nearly-unstoppable killing machines with great movement, in my experience at least. It's ultimately up to you of course.

Hey if it means I get more Severa I’d be down with it. My girl keeps getting shafted by IS anyway. When will she get into feh? It’s been 3 years now!

Oh my God, has Severa (as in Severa) not in the game yet? I know she's there as Selina but damn.

Just now, Armagon said:

Bro if people can be fine with me saying Kaga has only made one game in his career (did he do anything pre-FE?) then you can be fine with people not liking Fates.

I’m fine with people not liking fates. I just don’t like people criticizing it for being bad because of biased claims and misinformation. If you say you don’t like it fine but if you’re gonna make a criticism(like saying the character design is bad) then I at least expect you to be able to back up your claim with a reasonable argument without cherry picking and relying on personal bias. 

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh my God, has Severa (as in Severa) not in the game yet? I know she's there as Selina but damn.

Unfortunately this is the case

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, if you haven't, I highly recommend reclassing both Chrom and Lucina to cavs. Reclassing and then promoting from cavs to paladins makes them nearly-unstoppable killing machines with great movement, in my experience at least. It's ultimately up to you of course.

They’re already unstoppable killing machines, but thank you.

I’m fine with people not liking fates. I just don’t like people criticizing it for being bad because of biased claims and misinformation. If you say you don’t like it fine but if you’re gonna make a criticism(like saying the character design is bad) then I at least expect you to be able to back up your claim with a reasonable argument without cherry picking and relying on personal bias

While I agree, I do think how much you can back something up depends on what it is you're criticizing. If you say Fates' character design is bad, there idk how you can elaborate much beyond "it's not really my tastes". 

Berwick saga has my favorite character design out of all the FEs I've played. It's fairly simple, but very pretty IMO. Pretty one-off villains in FE when, IS?!

Then after that, I like SoV's, then FE12, followed by FE10, FE8, FE6, FE5, FE16, FE7, my least favoritebeing FE9 by quite a long shot.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

Berwick saga has my favorite character design out of all the FEs I've played. It's fairly simple, but very pretty IMO. Pretty one-off villains in FE when, IS?!

Then after that, I like SoV's, then FE12, followed by FE10, FE8, FE6, FE5, FE16, FE7, my least favoritebeing FE9 by quite a long shot.

Haven’t you made it to the time skip in Three Houses already?

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

While I agree, I do think how much you can back something up depends on what it is you're criticizing. If you say Fates' character design is bad, there idk how you can elaborate much beyond "it's not really my tastes". 

Character design is a bit more on the subjective side I will admit but again to use Tharja as an example. Tharja’s character portrait is really expressive as I outlined earlier. Does that mean you have to like the design? No, you don’t. I’m mostly neutral on it myself but I wouldn’t call it a bad design for the reasons I outlined earlier. The design does a really good job of visually communicating Tharja’s personality to the player and that’s why it’s a good design. 

Of course I miss the discussion on Kozaki = art devil.

There's a bit of confusion on this I admit, but Kozaki in his role would be given guidelines on what he's drawing by the art director for those games (Fates is definitely Kusakihara, Awakening as well) and those would be assessed afterwards by relevant figures in the art team.

Look at some of the stuff he's done with the characters that's not official, Nowi wearing decent clothing is better than I expected (now finding her annoying and getting peeved at manakete lore in Awakening's another point)

(Also, those Awakening DLC arts aren't exactly meant to be 1:1 to begin with, just artists taking spins on it in their own styles *shudders at Awakening!Celica/Micaiah/Lynlegshuffle/whymakeEirikathebride art)

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Haven’t you made it to the time skip in Three Houses already?

Yep. The art is fine, but there are a few I'm not a big fan of. Ignatz' design kicks butt, though. What a god.

The battle animations are sorta lacking as well, but the models themselves are okay.

And then there's the S-support CGs... Yeah.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Berwick saga has my favorite character design out of all the FEs I've played.

Not surprised lmao.

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Character design is a bit more on the subjective side I will admit but again to use Tharja as an example. Tharja’s character portrait is really expressive as I outlined earlier. Does that mean you have to like the design? No, you don’t. I’m mostly neutral on it myself but I wouldn’t call it a bad design for the reasons I outlined earlier. The design does a really good job of visually communicating Tharja’s personality to the player and that’s why it’s a good design. 

That all still falls into the subjective category though. Mainly because there's no such thing as objectivity in the arts.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

There's a bit of confusion on this I admit, but Kozaki in his role would be given guidelines on what he's drawing by the art director for those games (Fates is definitely Kusakihara, Awakening as well) and those would be assessed afterwards by relevant figures in the art team.

Yeah as I mentioned before, Kozaki is better when he's given free reign.

Just now, Benice said:

Yep. The art is fine, but there are a few I'm not a big fan of. Ignatz' design kicks butt, though. What a god.

The battle animations are sorta lacking as well, but the models themselves are okay.

The CGs are just the characters....

Anyway, I was referring to where the game would be in terms of character design. Cause if it’s not number one you’ll learn you’re not the only one who can hire assassins

Just now, Benice said:

I mean, I'd argue Ignatz is up there, but I feel like most of the timeskip are improvements anyway.

S-support CGs were a mistake, especially in 3H

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Not surprised lmao.

Hey, I'll be the first to admit that if I find a game boring, I'll end up disliking almost everything about it-PoR's design probably isn't all that bad,  but because I loathe it so much, I end up disliking everything around it.