• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Benice said:

They do? Most of the games look about on par to Wii u games.

Yeah, it's not PS1 bad, but it looks like late ps2 or early wii textures. 

Just now, Armagon said:

Same thing though. "I think x thing is bad and should be done better" and "I think x thing is fine" can be made in regards to the same thing so who do you listen to? Do you agree with the one who says it's bad and should be improved or do you agree with the one who says it's fine?

Well that just depends on who has the stronger argument. Like to say Naruto is bad because it contradicts its theme of hard work is just a weak argument because Naruto was never about “hard work vs natural talent” to begin with. There’s no evidence within the text to support that claim so to say Naruto is bad for that reason is simply wrong. Not to deny personal taste though. Like if you don’t like the level of fanserivice in fates then fine but fates is not bad because of it. If you don’t mind the fanservice fine. If you do mind it that’s also fine. That’s just a matter of personal taste but the fact that you like or don’t it is not a reason to say that the game is good or bad. It’s a matter of what you personally value in your stories. No story is obligated to pander to you and there are no objective universal rules(like there are but they’re really vague and there are only like 2 or 3 of them)for judging stories. They need to be judged on a case by case basis. If you like the power of friendship in stories that’s fine. If you don’t like it that’s also fine. But if a story doesn’t appeal to your personal taste that doesn’t make it bad

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Like if you don’t like the level of fanserivice in fates then fine but fates is not bad because of it. If you don’t mind the fanservice fine. If you do mind it that’s also fine. That’s just a matter of personal taste but the fact that you like or don’t it is not a reason to say that the game is good or bad.

Is bad not a matter of subjectivity?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

F we killed Draggy

Well he was my dad! Had to happen eventually, since this is an FE forum.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hey guys, been away for a bit and...
*reads through last few pages*
... yep, I'm out!

Hi!

And bye! xD

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Is bad not a matter of subjectivity?

Yes. Yes, it is.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

(Also, is AoC good while docked? I have the demo too)

It's fine, honestly. I'm being nitpicky. In the heat of the action, it doesn't matter all that much.

------

Positivity, positivity...uh, well...

Since Pikmin 3 Deluxe is releasing soon, here's one of my favorite chill tracks from the series.

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That is what I want to be the lynchpin for any art direction for if we get any more Archanaean remakes, double down on the Reco-Roman stylings imo.

First priority is adding a series of naval battles, using bi/tri/quadri/quineremes. I want to shank my enemies' boats with my own at sea. Oh, and dromons because ships on fire is how I like it.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

(Although not gonna lie, I don't see what's so wrong with Sword/Shield and Three houses)

Here a list and some explanation:

Spoiler
  • They infamously compared tree textures in Sword & Shield to tree textures from the original version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
  • Theres also the issue of them leaving the computer mouse in the credits for a brief second, which indicates laziness in editing.
  • And when a legendary turns around in one scene, the animation is entirely unnatural, their feet move forward as they rotate in a circle.
  • Some battles have no backgrounds, again, laziness for a AAA Nintendo title. Some battles transition into backgrounds not matching the back
  • Terrible pop-in when it comes to random Pokemon in the field, shouldn't happen in a AAA Nintendo game.
  • Outside of the Wild Area, routes are entirely straight, no semblance of deviation.
  • Lack of attention to fine detail, Wailord (and others) in battle should be properly-sized. They did throw a properly-sized one outside of battle in the Armor Isle, but it shrinks again to small in battle. Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness on the GameCube had a properly-sized battle Wailord, and Groudon, and every other Pokemon. The 3D models were higher quality too, despite at their base many of them being upgraded 64 models.
  • Some of the new Pokemon designs appear as if they were made to be very simple in shape, for no reason other than laziness when it comes to 3D modeling again.

-I haven't actually played Sw/Sh. This is all what I've seen secondhand. I stopped playing Pokemon generations ago and bear no malice towards the franchise.

All in all, the general issue is that Game Freak owns one of the biggest media franchises in the world. And yet they, with their unusually very small team for what they create, fail to put forward a product that from a technical perspective fails to matches what they with all endless revenues should be able to create.

Pokemon fans should expect more because Game Freak could absolutely make better, thats the argument. They need to stop with the yearly or almost releases and learn how to polish up what they work on, less is more when it's done better.

It's in a sense similar to the argument against yearly sports game releases and yearly Call of Duty releases- quit milking us for a new game every year. And instead, release one great game which you release expansions and updates for several years thereafter. For Pokemon, it's worse than Call of Duty actually, because I'm told that has three dev teams alternating on cranking out the yearly games, whereas Pokemon has only one.

Adding to this, if you look at say Monolith Soft, or HAL, you can find other Nintendo subsidiaries of a similar size able to put out prettier and technically superior products, despite their franchises being not one-tenth the size of Pokemon. Game Freak started as a little guy, but in becoming big at some point along the way, they've become indolent, lazy, incompetent, such is natural in the life of established entities in politics, economics, and society in general, age with security breeds stagnancy. And the ignorant masses for their part do not understand they could have better. 

*Cough* This said, if you enjoy Sw/Sh, good for you! Nobody can deny your sense of enjoyment. What the critics want beneath the venom, is an even better experience for all. And hopefully, Game Freak will get better in time.

...And positivity? Uhhh...

https://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/mario-halloween-2.jpg

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hey guys, been away for a bit and...
*reads through last few pages*
... yep, I'm out!

Flame wars.... Flame wars everywhere. I may've started one of them. Please forgive me...

To contribute to bring peace back to this thread, I shall now post gifs of people pretending to be birds. Mostly because I can't come up with anything else. Yubello humiliating Hardin was enough excitement for one night, so I don't have any more FE12 stories. Sorry.

W1vfq8mv oY9ppvz4j oQeaohdnu o

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First priority is adding a series of naval battles, using bi/tri/quadri/quineremes. I want to shank my enemies' boats with my own at sea. Oh, and dromons because ships on fire is how I like it.

Don't let your triremes be tridreams

And it's not like boat maps couldn't work in a SD remake. Hell, switch out the gaidens and recontextualise the gaiden units as an option, or treat them as just boats sailing in combat for a map with possible resources to gain if you do well.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cough* This said, if you enjoy Sw/Sh, good for you! Nobody can deny your sense of enjoyment

Oh, I've never played it.  I've never played any pokemon game, actually. Just doesn't look too bad from what I've seen. Valid poits, though.

Positiity time? Okay.

Skyward Sword is the best game.Its combat system is simple yet effective, (hardware limitations killed it for some people, but ported to a modern system with better controls, it would work fine.) the temple design, story, overworld, music and visuals are all Zelda at its best ,and is overall just a phenomenal game.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, I've never played it.  I've never played any pokemon game, actually. Just doesn't look too bad from what I've seen. Valid poits, though.

I’m always surprised when someone says this. It’s just so weird to me that someone can never had played pokemon in their childhood considering how massive the franchise is. Not throwing shade or anything but it’s just odd to me is all

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Here's some more great music to relax to.

Fixed it for ya!

As for my own tunes to add...