Nintendo Crossovers You Would Like to See

vanguard333

What crossovers, either between a Nintendo series and a non-Nintendo series, or between two Nintendo series, would you want to see, and in what way would you want the crossover to be done?

Here's two examples (one for each):

Legend of Zelda & Paper Mario: I must admit that I've never actually played a Paper Mario game, but, from what I've seen and heard of the series (particularly the first two games), I think it might be cool to see a "Paper Zelda": essentially a Legend of Zelda game that uses gameplay aspects and animation from Paper Mario. I think it would be cool to see essentially a Zelda RPG with turn-based combat, permanent companions helping out in battle, etc. 

Fire Emblem & Final Fantasy: I don't know why, but I really want to see a game that combines the combat of Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy 7 Remake; I think it would be a great way to finally have that real-time combat RPG FE spinoff that IS wanted to make years ago. 

Edited by vanguard333

Xenoblade Chronicles and Fire Emblem would be cool!  Xenoblade is, if not favorite, one of my favorite video games of all time, and obviously by being here I love Fire Emblem.  Though Awakening is far from my favorite FE game, I think the cast would be interesting when paired with the Xenoblade cast.  Both Shulk and Lucina's entire characters revolve around the concept of changing the future and challenging the fate you were given.  The two of them could have some interesting interactions together.

As for gameplay, I think it would be really cool to see Shulk and co. as FE units.  A lot of them fill in pretty stereotypical RPG classes, but have uniqueness about them.  For instance, Melia is obviously a mage, but her entire gimmick in Xenoblade is that depending on what element of magic she is using, she provides different buffs to her allies.  Seeing Melia has a mage in FE that can equip different tomes to give her surrounding allies buffs to their different stats would be really cool!  Likewise, Reyn is your tanky unit, who can withstand a lot of damage, and his gimmick is that he can draw the enemy's attention from your squishier allies.  Reyn in FE could be a fighter or armor knight, with some kind of ability that allows him to draw the AI's attention to him over other units.

There's a hell of game ready to made combining the pikmin and chibi robo universes. I've also long held the belief that the Star Fox universe is just a parallel dimension of the F-Zero universe but with humanoid species replaced with intelligent animal species. Metroid would be a great fit too. Imagine team Star Fox and Samus answering the same distress signal. It wouldn't be Samus' first dimension hopping adventure either.

do "Smash X Trails of Cold Steel/NieR:Automata/Final Fantasy X" count as crossovers? because i'd love to see Rean, 2B and Tidus/Yuna/Wakka in smash

Fire Emblem x The Legend of Zelda

I would love nothing more than to have an FE x Zelda crossover sword-fighting game in the style of SoulCaliber. Have a massive list of characters from both series with a great variety of stages and complete soundtracks from all the games included and I think Nintendo would suddenly find their wallets quite a bit heavier.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Fire Emblem x The Legend of Zelda

I would love nothing more than to have an FE x Zelda crossover sword-fighting game in the style of SoulCaliber. Have a massive list of characters from both series with a great variety of stages and complete soundtracks from all the games included and I think Nintendo would suddenly find their wallets quite a bit heavier.

Oh boy. If the Smash fans got their hands on that one, they'd still find a way to complain incessantly if a series with hundreds of characters has more playable reps than one with dozens.

• 2 weeks later...

More Nintendo characters in a Project X Zone game. Detailed list:

-Link & Zelda (Pair) rivaled by Ganondorf
-Duck Hunt (Solo)
-Pit & Dark Pit (Pair) rivaled by Medusa
-Palutena (Solo) rivaled by Hades
-Byleth (Solo)
-Roy & Ike (Pair) rivaled by Black Knight & Narcian
-Spring Man (Solo) rivaled by Dr. Coyle
-Samus (Solo) rivaled by Ridley
-Captain Falcon (Solo) rivaled by Black Shadow
-Ayumi Tachibana (Solo)
-Takamaru (Solo)
-Marina & Pearl (Pair) rivaled by DJ Octavia ft. [REDACTED]
-Rex & Pyra/Mythra (Pair) rivaled by Malos
-Officer Howard (Solo)

Edited by Perkilator

The Legend of Zelda × Final Fantasy has a lot of potential. Link could Class Change, ride a Chocobo, befriend a Moogle companion, interact with a wide variety of Final Fantasy characters, and of course wield weapons and spells from the Final Fantasy series.

Edited by Lord_Brand

8 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

The Legend of Zelda × Final Fantasy has a lot of potential. Link could Class Change, ride a Chocobo, befriend a Moogle companion, interact with a wide variety of Final Fantasy characters, and of course wield weapons and spells from the Final Fantasy series.

I could see it; Link and Hyrule in a more Final Fantasy-like setting and gameplay that's a cross between Zelda gameplay and FF7 Remake gameplay. Imagine applying Zelda-like dungeon crawling and puzzle solving in a Final Fantasy-like world. This has a lot of potential. 

Perhaps a cross between BotW and FF7R? I like the idea of including Magicite or Materia as a means of customizing Link's skills, and he could wear different outfits to enhance various attributes such as donning a Black Mage's Robe to enhance his Black Magic power, or equipping Dragoon Armor to enhance his proficiency with spears and grant him the Jump ability.

20 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Perhaps a cross between BotW and FF7R? I like the idea of including Magicite or Materia as a means of customizing Link's skills, and he could wear different outfits to enhance various attributes such as donning a Black Mage's Robe to enhance his Black Magic power, or equipping Dragoon Armor to enhance his proficiency with spears and grant him the Jump ability.

That could definitely work, though I would  also want to see that there is still plenty of dungeon-crawling, puzzle solving, and crazy items like hookshots. BOTW was great for exploration and such, and I could see its gameplay integrating well with FF7R gameplay, but BOTW was lacking in dungeon-crawling and such. 

Edited by vanguard333

• 3 weeks later...

Fire Emblem x Radiant Historia - Basically an FE story that you can guide and re-write like RH.

Also, fuck it. Give me Tokyo Mirage Sessions x Persona Dancing, and let me dance as Kiria in her Labyrinth show! Name it Tokyo Mirage Sessions: Dancing Sunny Day!  

Fire Emblem and Zelda is the one I want most. They would fit really well together given similar medieval fantasy settings and they're my two favorite Nintendo franchises.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also really want FE Warriors 2 with Ike as the headlining character and Xenoblade Warriors would be great as well if the Xenoblade 2 cast can be in, which it'd be weird not to have them imo. Xenoblade 2 is the only one of those games that I've played. And I love Zeke. 😛

Edited by Anacybele

Nintendo Vs. Capcom. Two companies with fantastic IPs overflowing with beloved characters clashing with flashy super moves and crazy tag/assist combos, whats not to love?

• 3 weeks later...

Fire Emblem x Pokemon. A Fire Emblem game set in a medieval world of Pokemon trainers.

Salamence riders.

Rapidash paladins.

Bold knights fighting alongside their beloved pokemon, gaining support bonuses from fighting alongside each other.

We almost got this crossover instead of TMS. If only Pokemon Conquest hadn't been a thing.

Edited by Alastor15243

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 9:34 AM, TheGoodHoms said:

Nintendo Vs. Capcom. Two companies with fantastic IPs overflowing with beloved characters clashing with flashy super moves and crazy tag/assist combos, whats not to love?

On the flip side, I'd love to see future Smash installments that focus on select third parties, including Capcom. Imagine a Smash where Mega Man is joined by the likes of Dr. Wily, Proto Man, Bass, X, Zero, Sigma, Mega Man Volnutt, Tron Bonne, MegaMan.EXE, Sir Arthur, Firebrand, Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, M. Bison, Sakura, Ryu Bateson, Nina, Katt, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy, Morrigan, Felicia, Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Sexy Sylvia, and Amaterasu.

I could see a Nintendo X Capcom Smash incorporating elements of Capcom Vs. like tag teams and assists. You could pick two fighters and up to one assist for your Smash team.

Edited by Lord_Brand

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 2:45 PM, Lyn said:

Fire Emblem and the Legend of Zelda would be cool. 

I've been concepting a fangame that is basically to FE what HW is to DW, called Hyrule Wars. It's a FE-style game set in Zelda's world. Your units are collectively known as Hyrule's Champions, lead by Princess Zelda and Link. The Champions are called to deal with a skirmish at Hyrule's borders which heralds the beginning of a war with a neighboring empire that covets Hyrule's fabled Triforce. The Empire's army is lead by a black knight in armor which no common weapon or spell can penetrate; to defeat him, Link must seek the Master Sword, which he can only draw if he completes the Trials of Courage, Power, and Wisdom, then brings the Pendants won from each to a Temple in the Lost Woods.

Just like FE, units in Hyrule Wars have classes, skills, weapon ranks, and relationships. In addition, each unit belongs to one of six major tribes: Hylian, Sheikah, Zora, Goron, Gerudo, or Rito. Each tribe has their own take on different classes and favors certain types of weapons and magic. They also have distinct strengths and weaknesses: Zoras can cross rivers without penalty, but are weak to lightning magic. Gorons can cross mountains with ease and even regain HP each turn they begin on a mountain tile, but their base movement is lower and they have a weakness to Ice Magic. Rito can fly over troublesome terrain, but they are weak to Bows and Wind Magic. Sheikah get boosted evasion bonuses from terrain.

In addition to the story-focused Campaign, Hyrule Wars features Explore and My Village. Explore allows you to search for useful items and materials on maps you've cleared in Campaign. My Village is similar to My Castle from FEF, only with a building element; using materials found in Campaign and Explore, you can construct different buildings in your village that provide benefits such as producing food items to cook into dishes for stat boosts and facilities where you can refine materials into items.