Damn son.

Dinar87

https://mynintendonews.com/2020/05/21/famitsu-top-five-fire-emblem-games-according-to-japanese-fans/
Looks like Jugdral comes out on top, even 20 years later 😎 it's a shame to see no path of radiance or radiant dawn, but this is a japanese list and I've heard those two games apparently weren't super popular over there sales wise.

Considering IS is listening to fan feedback more and more these days, especially with three houses' changes to the series mechanics compared to previous recent entries, what are your hopes now for the future of the series?

I still really want a Path of radiance and radiant dawn remake duo-logy eventually though IS

Edited by Dinar87

What I hope they learn isn't to make FE4 Echoes exactly like Three Houses. I think even people who like that game would agree that the the sheer amount of time part 1 takes is a chore when trying to replay. Imagine having to go through something like White Clouds every time you wanted to try out different pairings in Shadows of Jugdral. Genealogy is already long enough to begin with.

I hope they leave the added fluff to a minimum, and don't add in a bunch of tedious optimizing minigames to the castle town, or put hours of minigames/story between the end of one map and the beginning of the next.

Edited by Alastor15243

so can intsys start making more genealogy banners and alts now?

on a serious note, i'd like to know what kind of demographics took part in this survey, and how big it was

11 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

I hope they leave the added fluff to a minimum

Echoes is a really faithful and sober remake, so i'm pretty confident they know what they would have to do in order to make a good genealogy remake
at the very least, i'm pretty sure they wouldn't be stupid enough to add an avatar

Edited by Yexin

6 hours ago, Yexin said:

so can intsys start making more genealogy banners and alts now?

on a serious note, i'd like to know what kind of demographics took part in this survey, and how big it was

Echoes is a really faithful and sober remake, so i'm pretty confident they know what they would have to do in order to make a good genealogy remake
at the very least, i'm pretty sure they wouldn't be stupid enough to add an avatar

I'd actually like an Avatar in Genealogy of the Holy War for eugenics reasons.

Aw yeah, I'm super happy to see Blazing Sword scoring so well! Hopefully it means Lyn's Legion and Isadora have a chance to come to Heroes.

Not super surprised to see Genealogy at the top spot, though, I was under the impression that it was always pretty popular in Japan. I am a little surprised that Mystery of the Emblem is all the way at #5; I knew it had a following (in Japan and out west), but I didn't know it was that large.

27 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Aw yeah, I'm super happy to see Blazing Sword scoring so well! Hopefully it means Lyn's Legion and Isadora have a chance to come to Heroes.

Not super surprised to see Genealogy at the top spot, though, I was under the impression that it was always pretty popular in Japan. I am a little surprised that Mystery of the Emblem is all the way at #5; I knew it had a following (in Japan and out west), but I didn't know it was that large.

I'm surprised Mystery didn't win. It was the best selling game in the series before Awakening. I was under the impression that it was the darling of the Japanese fanbase to which every other game in the series is measured against.

Nice to see Genealogy at the top. When do we expect our "Ribald Tales of the Faith War" remake?

Surprised for Mystery's spot, but I suppose it's understandable if the likes of Awakening and Three Houses exist. At least it still made Top Five.

35 minutes ago, Whitfield1999 said:

I would really just like them to at least just translate FE4 into english and release it on the eshop, like they did with earthbound beginnings. I don't see a reason why they couldn't just do that.

Because Earthbound Beginnings had already been localized long ago. The game almost got released overseas back in the day. It was practically a last-minute decision to cancel it. So it was a simple matter of putting the ready-for-release version in the eShop, after some last few tweaks for accommodation. For Genelaogy, they'd have to do all the work now. Now granted, at this point in time the series could afford it. However, much as I'd be sad to say, we might not see a localized version of the game unless they pull a Trials of Mana, where they're remaking it and choose to throw us a bone by translating the original too.

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nice to see Genealogy at the top. When do we expect our "Ribald Tales of the Faith War" remake?

Surprised for Mystery's spot, but I suppose it's understandable if the likes of Awakening and Three Houses exist. At least it still made Top Five.

Because Earthbound Beginnings had already been localized long ago. The game almost got released overseas back in the day. It was practically a last-minute decision to cancel it. So it was a simple matter of putting the ready-for-release version in the eShop, after some last few tweaks for accommodation. For Genelaogy, they'd have to do all the work now. Now granted, at this point in time the series could afford it. However, much as I'd be sad to say, we might not see a localized version of the game unless they pull a Trials of Mana, where they're remaking it and choose to throw us a bone by translating the original too.

I remember Treehouse said they have rough English scripts of all JP only games for reference for working on Heroes and in general. Probably would need a bit of touching up but it seems like they have something to go off.

5 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I remember Treehouse said they have rough English scripts of all JP only games for reference for working on Heroes and in general. Probably would need a bit of touching up but it seems like they have something to go off.

That helps, although it would take more than just translating. There's also localization, inserting the text in the game itself, make the graphical changes where needed, make sure what you change doesn't cause problems, etc.

Though like I said, a franchise like FE could afford putting aside the resources for it, since it wouldn't be as much of a workload as making a full game from scratch. Again, however, I think we're not gonna see that unless they pull a Trials.

considering what they did with Shadow Dragon and Echoes, there's probably way more chances for a remake to happen, rather than an official english version in the e-shop.

besides, apparently nowdays there's this new trend in the gaming world of remastering/remaking every possible old title of iconic franchises, so IntSys might as well jump on the nostalgia bandwagon.

On 5/21/2020 at 12:33 PM, Alastor15243 said:

What I hope they learn isn't to make FE4 Echoes exactly like Three Houses. I think even people who like that game would agree that the the sheer amount of time part 1 takes is a chore when trying to replay. Imagine having to go through something like White Clouds every time you wanted to try out different pairings in Shadows of Jugdral. Genealogy is already long enough to begin with.

I hope they leave the added fluff to a minimum, and don't add in a bunch of tedious optimizing minigames to the castle town, or put hours of minigames/story between the end of one map and the beginning of the next.

Well you can just skip the story if you want to get to gen 2 quicker so added story isn't an issue.  The only things I want in an FE4 remake are more character dialogue and the memory prism things from SoV.  I don't need anything other than that and nice visuals.

1 minute ago, Sayyyaka said:

Well you can just skip the story if you want to get to gen 2 quicker so added story isn't an issue.  The only things I want in an FE4 remake are more character dialogue and the memory prism things from SoV.  I don't need anything other than that and nice visuals.

Not if they take cues from 3H you can't. The story of White Clouds is really quite slow to skip, between the mandatory sidequests and the myriad little ways the punish you a little bit in gameplay for each tedious minigame you elect not to do.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:25 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

As someone who has admittedly been spoiled by the conveniences of modern gaming design choices (as well as having had Awakening be my first FE), I was pleasantly surprised to find that Blazing Blade was an enjoyable experience that has aged incredibly well. The characters, setting, story, and challenging gameplay have such memorable charm that it surpassed Awakening as my favorite FE. I'm glad that there are so many others who feel the same, in Japan as well.

Edited by twilitfalchion

On 5/22/2020 at 3:33 AM, Alastor15243 said:

I can't find the source anymore, but a chinese translation of the full article listed the top reasons ppl voted FE4 is for introducing marriage and 2nd gen system.

Not sure if that's what you meant by fluff since it is quite important in that game, but if IS turn it up to eleven I can imagine fateswakening hater would hate IS even more for ruining their classic.

1 minute ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I can't find the source anymore, but a chinese translation of the full article listed the top reasons ppl voted FE4 is for introducing marriage and 2nd gen system.

Not sure if that's what you meant by fluff since it is quite important in that game, but if IS turn it up to eleven I can imagine fateswakening hater would hate IS even more for ruining their classic.

Nah, by fluff I mean all the stuff that keeps you from being able to just skip the cutscenes between battles if you've already seen it, or the minigames like fishing that hide tiny rewards (that nonetheless add up) behind really time-consuming busywork.