List 2 changes you'd make to your 1st Fire Emblem Game

Radiant Dawn:

1. Biorhythm.  Out.  NOW.

2. Unlock some base conversation if two characters hit a certain support level.  I, for one, would've been utterly amused if Volug and Leanne spoke in their native language, much to the confusion of everyone else.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I would like to change : I hope there is a new way about recruitment.

Like I really like this charater from FE6, but only can recruit her near the end of the game . So I can only enjoy her in few story chapters than end the game...

Juno.png.9f10fcd502659a4ec64eccc400155280.png

Like randomizer ? So she would have a chance to be recruited earlier.

Edited by Hong Nhi

Awakening:

1.  Add a red highlight to the area where an ambush spawn is about to appear, hovering over it gives the class of the reinforcement in the tile. This should make them so much less frustrating when playing without looking them up.
  2. Use the Fates Pair-Up system.

6 hours ago, Hong Nhi said:

Like randomizer ? So she would have a chance to be recruited earlier.

Actually that's a very good idea. Let me change my two changes to FE7:

• Triple Effectiveness
  • Built-in Randomizer, honestly it should be a standard feature in Fire Emblem games

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Actually that's a very good idea. Let me change my two changes to FE7:

• Triple Effectiveness
  • Built-in Randomizer, honestly it should be a standard feature in Fire Emblem games

But it have it make sense. They can't just throw randomize mode at us.

Like multi universe, perhaps ? I get the idea from multi robins in awakening

Conquest

• Cornflakes cannot ever marry her Nohrian siblings.
The whole point of the stupid story is that they are her family, the people who raised her and whom she grew up with; how the fuck could she marry them!?!

• Low-level units provide no pair-up bonuses. “Backpacks" are a cancer.
Just as pair-up bonuses vary according to the Support Level, they should also vary according to the levels of the pair; the greater the difference, the lower the bonuses. Say, if the support unit in Guard Stance is five levels below the lead unit, then its pair-up bonuses are zero. And promotion does not reset the “level distance” (a Level 10/1 Berserker computes as a Level 11 unit.)

My first game being Awakening:

1. Have a Better Balanced And Reliable Difficulty Curve. While I wouldn't call Awakenings difficult schizophrenic since there is a pattern behind it, it is pretty wonky, with the game alternating between being much harder and much easier than it should be on a whim, and unfortunately often for the wrong reasons. Remove ambush spawns for all difficulties, have less elements be reliant on an RNG, maybe change some of the map designs, and explain, alter, or remove some of the level gimmicks like the walls in Nah's paralogue and hiding the full force of the enemy in Yarne's, among similar changes.

2. Improve the Animations/Support Conversations, Have Characters Comment More Outside of Battle A La Base Conversations in Echoes and Three Houses, and/or Give More Female's Pants. Torn between these four options, as I love the animations of Fates and Echoes and they seriously make Awakening pale in comparison, but I think they're still alright. I think the quality of the supports in Awakening are better than people give it credit for, but you can still tell the writers bit off more than they could chew with the quantity (and the quality of S-Supports is all over the place, but to be honest I was expecting that), so there is still room for improvement. I loved how characters commented on certain story bits in both Echoes and Three Houses, and even when they didn't it still added to their characters to have them talk outside of support conversations. If Awakening did this well, it could lower the complaint of the cast being "one-note" before you unlock their supports. And while I know that Fire Emblem has always had fanservice, some of Awakenings class/character designs can raise an eyebrow, and I wouldn't mind some tweaks to make them less questionable.

I would give the player the option to select the difficulty without having to do multiple playthroughs to unlock them in FE7 and add in some other quality of life feature. It's difficult to suggest anything that would make the game appeal to me more though without changing it completely.

19 hours ago, Hong Nhi said:

But it have it make sense. They can't just throw randomize mode at us.

Like multi universe, perhaps ? I get the idea from multi robins in awakening

I don't know. If it were say, a new game plus mechanic, it would need no justification beyond being a fun mode to play.

My first FE (that I finished) was FE8;

1) Quality of life updates
Speed up, animations, voice lines, etc.

2) Support system changes
Supports are built by deploying characters together on a map, like FE9. More than 5 supports are possible (though some supports can lock others, like Lute's A support with Artur locking Lute's support with Kyle). Maybe even have supports have actual influence on the stuff happening in the support, like maybe Neimi's character model normally has a mirror on her belt, but after the support with Artur wherein she loses it, it's gone. (No clue if that last one would be too much work for too little effect, I just think it'd be cool.)

That's only 2 points right? =P

My first FE game was Awakening.

While I don't really like it...at all, I guess here's two changes that might have made it so I'd have actually finished it by now. 

1: Remove Pair-up,it's boring and blatantly overpowered so just bring Rescue back since when I discovered Rescue in FE7 I got very excited.

2: Delete Robin entirely, I don't like them, at all:
 I dislike their character, which feels incredibly generic.

I despise how the game loves to praise Robin more often than a Killing Edge gets Critical hits.

I don't like how they get more important later on and I don't even like them from the start as their entire recruitment by Chrom is a heavy contrivance.

Plus, the ironically named "Tactician" class is just a boring overpowered one man army class that doesn't actually improve the game's tactics in anyway.

They're basically everything I hate in a self-insert character and then some.

Edited by Samz707

On 5/23/2020 at 10:08 AM, Anacybele said:

No, not every story needs it, but I still thought it was going to happen in this one due to the way that cutscene was playing out. And it didn't need to be a serious kiss, just a peck on the cheek like I'd mentioned. lol Bah, Geoffrey will get over it. 😛

That could work. Would he? His character's so bland that I legitimately have no idea; it's one reason I prefer Ike and Elincia.

Edited by vanguard333

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

That could work. Would he? His character's so bland that I legitimately have no idea; it's one reason I prefer Ike and Elincia.

Yeah, exactly! And I don't even care if it's platonic, Ike and Elincia need some kind of ending. And even a platonic ending can later be considered to turn romantic, so yeah, I can pretend. XD And yeah, Geoffrey is kinda bland, but I can appreciate his awesome hair color and the fact that he's chivalrous. I'm a fan of chivalry.

• 2 weeks later...

Awakening. Not my technical first but well..

1) More diverse map objectives

2) Allow Chrom to marry Tharja, Miriel and Panne. Also let Sumia marry the rest of the cast to add more customisation for Cynthia 

Radiant Dawn. I guess asking for the original expanded script is a no brainer. And since it already exists in the Japanese version, I won't count it as one of my two. Leaving my two changes to be.

-Tormod and co being available in Part 3. Them just vanishing sucks.

-Give Micaiah innate renewal to better make use of Sacrifice. In face change the innate skill system entirely so that some units can equip certain skills for 0 capacity. It's just plain weird that you can have a a skill equipped, unequip it and then be unable to re-equip it again 

Path of Radiance was the first FE game I saw and played along with a friend, Radiant Dawn was the first I ever played and finished by myself, so I'll go with Radiant Dawn for this one)

1) Age up Sanaki and give her a paired ending with Ike
Actual 1) Make the two battles at the start of Part 3 that are glossed over in the narration playable.
2) Include support conversations.
2 alternative) Make Gareth and/or Nasir playable earlier.

Edited by DragonFlames

• 4 weeks later...

Sacred Stones, was my first. There is lot I'd like to see change, in a potential echos, these two are quite high on my list.

1) Skirmishes. I'm so tired off slaying monsters all the time, throw in some bandit- or mercenarygroups in there. It would fit the story and bring in more variety.

2) Make Orson re-recruitable during the story. A bit like Shinon in FE9, but way more complicated. And maybe buff him a bit, so the effort is not completly wasted. 

Blazing Blade was my first.

1. Having the option to switch between Ninian or Nils and Nils getting some supports.

2. Speed up supports. Actually update it to work like it does in 3H/Echoes. Having to have characters constantly glued together and spam turn end to build supports is not great.

Bonus: The game should have made it clearer that, unlike Sonia or Ephidel, Limstella is genderless as shown in the cipher and art book.

Edit: to be clear, I realize no one does this intentionally because the game doesn't do a good job actually presenting Limstella like that between localization changes and female sage sprite and even the other official sources that mention only being released in Japan. So sorry if anyone took this as personal and I should've put a bit more thought in my words before typing them out.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

My first game was Shadow Dragon.

Firstly, I would change the paralogue requirements. Rather than requiring your roster be below a certain size, you just have to defeat the prior chapter within a certain turncount (say, 20). Chapter 24x can retain its current requirements, since they make sense story-wise.

Second, I would add many more conversations between characters. These could be support conversations, but don't necessarily need to be - they could just be optional dialogues that spreads more light on existing characters. Ex. Roger could speak with Lorenz (both are from Grust), while Tomas could have one with Jeorge (both are Archanean bowmen).

For Blazing Blade...

First, the most obvious change, and one I've already heard mentioned in this thread in various capacities: update support point gain mechanics. As it is now, they're just ridiculously tedious and obtuse and just not practical to actually build except in a few rare cases where a pair's support growth is super fast, like Eliwood and Hector. I'm not sure exactly what I'd change it to, but I do know that I'd want A: for support points to generally increase much faster, and B: for there to be some visual indicator of units gaining support points with each other, like in the 3DS titles.

For the second change... this is sort of more of a sweeping change and may not really count as just one thing depending on how you wanna look at it, but keep the current Normal modes in as "Easy Modes" and... ultimately end up with a tougher Normal mode and a Hard mode that's, well, actually hard. Also lower the Weight stats for Durandal and especially Sol Katti. They're just ridiculous; the weapons aren't so powerful otherwise as to warrant that kind of drawback to using them, and it kinda takes the wind out of the sails of the idea that they're Eliwood and Lyn's "ultimate" weapons. Armads is fine as it is though IIRC.

Edited by Topaz Light

• 2 weeks later...

Sacred Stones was my first.

-Give the player an early game Dark Mage. Your only options for Dark Magic users are Ewan and Knoll, both of whom join rather late.

-Maybe make Myrrh's dragonstone unbreakable or let you get spares? I haven't gotten far enough in the game to when you can use Myrrh.