Does Anyone Else Get Tetris Effect But With Fire Emblem?

soba

I’ve been experiencing something similar to the Tetris Effect but with Fire Emblem instead and I’m curious as to whether or not I’m the only one. I’ve been playing FE games nonstop recently and I’ve never experienced this before, however I have had the Tetris Effect and it feels very similar.

Yes. Usually the tetris effect happens to me when I play a lot of Splatoon, but it's happened to me with fire emblem before. The other day it happened to me with Final Fantasy 5 because I've been playing that a lot lately.

One time I had a dream where my house was being attacked by pirates for some reason, but it was set up like a Fire Emblem board that my friends and family then had to fight on. Strangest dream I've ever had. It was about five or six years ago now though.

The weapon triangle tends to pop to mind even in games that don't use it. Lances at least do tend to have an advantage over swords in most games as well as in real life, so that helps out in some cases, but that's really the only example I can think of, personally speaking. I've had a multitude of Fire Emblem related dreams, but considering how many dreams I've had about videogames, that's nothing really special.

Had to look it up.

The Tetris effect (also known as Tetris syndrome) occurs when people devote so much time and attention to an activity that it begins to pattern their thoughts, mental images, and dreams. It takes its name from the video game Tetris.

I mean, I don't think so, but I've been playing FE for over half of my life so it could be without me noticing?

14 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

The weapon triangle tends to pop to mind even in games that don't use it. Lances at least do tend to have an advantage over swords in most games as well as in real life, so that helps out in some cases, but that's really the only example I can think of, personally speaking. I've had a multitude of Fire Emblem related dreams, but considering how many dreams I've had about videogames, that's nothing really special.

Yeah... I couldn't help but think the Mage-Sisters in Kirby Star Allies were based off of it (I mean, Sword, Axe and Lance, and to be fair Sakurai). That said, I keep deliberately basing things off references to the series (naming my team after characters from the series in Final Fantasy I for lack of canon names, equipping my characters with Sword, spear and axe in FF II, deliberately using a team referencing Armads, Durandal and Maltet for Kirby Star Allies (read, I had permanent elemental effects on certain characters). That said... it's deliberate and goes the other way... with other stuff I like spilling over into Fire Emblem. This'll be all the more apparent when people see what I'm calling the Wing Spear in my H5 run.