Fe Lunatic Questions

beachwalks

Hey guys, so I've recently been sucked back into FE conquest by watching Deltre's playthrough. It was the second FE game I played (started with Awakening very original I know) and having played every game since then I really want to beat lunatic. So far I am at chapter 15 but want some input before I proceeded further though. First, when should I recruit Ophelia. I plan for her to be the Takumi killer and am going full in on stack (Life and Death, Trample by marry Percy, maelific aura, Vantage from Odin, Elbow room from +mag -luck avatar as mom) They have S ranked atm. I don't know whether or not I want to wait until after chapter 18 or before. I need her to get all these skills in a timely fashion and especially with marrying Percy, but on the other hand waiting until later gives me Offspring seal bases and Insta sorcerer access to kickstart her stat growths, and I can save paralogues for her and percy to grind supports. 

Another thing I want to know is whether or not I should early promote percy. I have him at level 13 (Effie mom) and saw a post that showed how units early promoted gain exp a lot faster (I think it was Zoran). He is currently the same or worse than my Beruka in stats but I really want to use him as a long term wyvern lord or possibly even a zerker. Is early promoting percy the way to go on this?

Thanks in advance for any and all inputs

I would wait for Ophelia. Most combat child units like to get the lvl 20 insta promotion without having the chance to getting RNG screwed and by Chapter 19 she can go 20/2 so you dont need a Master Seal.

If you plan to use Percy as a long term wyvern, then wait for him to get to lvl 20 (or around that). Early promotions are mostly for units that dont really contribute much and thats a way to make them usefull for some time, but they tend to fall off. Percy is one of the best, if not the best child unit because his class and with Effie as mother he has some good growths, so give him some levels, i think he is worth the kills.

Edited by Nio

You won't physically have enough levels to get all those skills if you wait too long. I would think you'll want her pretty close to ch18, she needs to grow multiple levels in other classes to get all those skills. 3 in master of arms (you'll have vantage already) and 4 in malig knight. She'll be nearly useless as an MoA while she's there too, so you really want her there before the late game chapters start to ramp up. I assume she's ending in maligknight? 

Normal promo if using him, early if just temporary. Maybe even into malig if you aren't using him, as that offers much more relevant pair up boosts to Ophelia.

I'd say waiting for Offspring Seals is NOT worth it. Especially since your planned skill build involves at least two level 15 skills.

Also, what precisely were your plans for Percy?

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'd say waiting for Offspring Seals is NOT worth it. Especially since your planned skill build involves at least two level 15 skills.

Also, what precisely were your plans for Percy?

Percy would be a long term wyvern, while I'd dip into zerker for axefaire and malig for trample. He might even stay as a berserker idk yet. He has to marry Ophelia since that is the only way she learns trample without inheritance, and all the skills mentioned plus a bunch of other stack are necessary as she will just barely reach the threshold I need to ORKO Takumi with lightning.

19 hours ago, Boomhauer007 said:

You won't physically have enough levels to get all those skills if you wait too long. I would think you'll want her pretty close to ch18, she needs to grow multiple levels in other classes to get all those skills. 3 in master of arms (you'll have vantage already) and 4 in malig knight. She'll be nearly useless as an MoA while she's there too, so you really want her there before the late game chapters start to ramp up. I assume she's ending in maligknight? 

Normal promo if using him, early if just temporary. Maybe even into malig if you aren't using him, as that offers much more relevant pair up boosts to Ophelia.

Ophelia has to end as a sorcerer with capped magic and speed, her statue max, and if im going to 1 turn rescue skip endgame, she needs to have S rank tomes. Honestly I'm starting to think that this may be too much work and Percy can probably get the kill as a berserker with max strength, a brave axe, and the stack I mentioned above. But Ophelia would still end as a sorcerer anyway, just maybe not with all the stack. (Still would help with chapter 25 via calamity gate abuse)

If I decide to ride or die on Ophelia I will probably recruit her before 18, just so I can get 3 of the malig skills done early and spend most of the time with sorcerer growths. If I dont, then I can get ophelia at chapter 19.

Honestly, if you are going to Rescue-skip Endgame, why not calling the campaign “complete” by Chapter 26 or after killing Garon? The skip is barely a strategy anyway. Nor is it designing a monster.
It would give you a bit more flexibility to build your party.

I always recruit children around Chapter 12, and Ophelia is almost always among them. My advice? Recruit her as soon as possible.
Note that despite using only ten units, I have never “naturally” reached weapon rank S in tomes with Sorcerer Odin or Sorceress Ophelia. There are not enough encounters. They always need to eat an Arms Scroll.

Who is the mother of Ophelia? Normally I would guess Elise, but since she can only get Trample from Percy I think Nyx.

Who did marry Corrin? With early Jakob marry, you can recruit Dwyer. Dwyer can replace Elise as your main healer. Elise can then go Wyvern.

I like to recruit children units ASAP. You're using castles to build up supports, right?

6 hours ago, SSJDennis said:

Who did marry Corrin? With early Jakob marry, you can recruit Dwyer. Dwyer can replace Elise as your main healer. Elise can then go Wyvern.

This assumes they're playing with a female Corrin (something I'm very iffy on assuming), and second, I think Wyvern Elise is naught but a shitty use of a Heart Seal.

17 hours ago, SSJDennis said:

Who is the mother of Ophelia? Normally I would guess Elise, but since she can only get Trample from Percy I think Nyx.

I like to recruit children units ASAP. You're using castles to build up supports, right?

This run F!Corrin with a Cav talent is the mother of Ophelia. I was (and still am) going to pass elbow room. I do know about Early Corrin and Jakob and used this pairing to prep for hard mode Classic. But since Jakob wouldn't get any new classes with a Cav talent, he might marry Beruka instead. (Iffy at this point as I'm running out of deployment slots and Jakob  is becoming less and less essential to my main team. With Elise I was going to pair NIles since I'm using both of them all the time and I've never used Shining bow Nina, so I want to try it out. (Nyx was benched after chapter 10, didn't have use for her afterward cuz Odin was doing well as my dark mage nostank)

I was trying to use MyCastle as little as possible, but I admit I used the Seed of Trust on Effie and Arthur and purchased a heart seal. So I haven't been grinding supports that way, and I'm trying not too but might for some pairings like Laslow x Charlotte and Niles x Elise

21 hours ago, starburst said:

Honestly, if you are going to Rescue-skip Endgame, why not calling the campaign “complete” by Chapter 26 or after killing Garon? The skip is barely a strategy anyway. Nor is it designing a monster.
It would give you a bit more flexibility to build your party.

I always recruit children around Chapter 12, and Ophelia is almost always among them. My advice? Recruit her as soon as possible.
Note that despite using only ten units, I have never “naturally” reached weapon rank S in tomes with Sorcerer Odin or Sorceress Ophelia. There are not enough encounters. They always need to eat an Arms Scroll.

The big reason for the Ophelia design was I got hyper-focused about not locking myself from being able to beat the endgame. Thinking about it more objectively I realise that this isn't necessary and I can probably reach the benchmark with either Corrin or another brave weapon user. On hard mode I only used the rescue staff on chapter 23 (similarly to how Deltre did that map) and endgame, so maybe I'll save all my rescues and plan another way to beat the endgame. I still want the satisfaction of that final boss kill. 

It looks like recruiting the children as fast as possible seem to be the best answer, so I'm going to get Ophelia now. 

27 minutes ago, beachwalks said:

The big reason for the Ophelia design was I got hyper-focused about not locking myself from being able to beat the endgame. Thinking about it more objectively I realise that this isn't necessary and I can probably reach the benchmark with either Corrin or another brave weapon user. On hard mode I only used the rescue staff on chapter 23 (similarly to how Deltre did that map) and endgame, so maybe I'll save all my rescues and plan another way to beat the endgame. I still want the satisfaction of that final boss kill.

I understand the feeling of being able to kill Taco Meat on Lunatic, and you should definitely do your best to achieve your goal. Do not let my comments, any comments, dissuade you. The thing is that Lunatic Endgame is so restrictive that in many cases it ends up not being fun or strategic. In the same vein, while I have had to send Cornflakes against Lobster on Lunatic Ch 25 because the other nine units were not able to complete the map in a timely manner, I firmly believe that clearing both sides of the map requires far more strategy than just facing the boss.

On Hard, I think that I only use Rescue on Ophelia's map, so that the units that are sent to grab Calamity Gate do not kill more enemies and steal Experience from the Chosen Heroine.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I have some more questions about what to do with Lunatic right now. So Im currently on chapter 23, and this chapter is hell. A lot of my units are in the reclass-phase where they aren't in their "optimal" so they can get skills (ex: Xander and Silas are heroes rn for hero skills, Ophelia is 2 lvls from getting life and death as a master of arms). So I don't have enough flyers atm to skip Hinata's group, which I found a strat for but its unfortuantely pretty shaky. Mostly it works, and I can get rallyman but I don't know what to do about Oboro's room. I have no one with pass, and the great wall spaces are so restrictive that I can't kill everyone in Oboro's group while being safe from being lunged into the group of snipers. Initially I tried freezing the 2 closest Spear Masters and trying to kill Oboro's group but Takumi's goddamn ballistia means that I have to dodge all the arrows or no one can be in range, otherwise my weak units will die. What are some ways I can deal with her group? If I need to use the rescue staff I will.

Also, what's some advice people have for chapter 24 afterward, that gave me a rough time on hard mode as well, mostly cause the dragon veins are so spread out and Azama's hexing rod range is really constricting. 

Chapter 25 I was just gonna throw stacked vantage calamity gate ophelia with bowbreaker on the left and master ninja shurikenbreaker solstack soleil (Charlotte mom) on the right.

1 hour ago, beachwalks said:

So I don't have enough flyers atm to skip Hinata's group, which I found a strat for but its unfortuantely pretty shaky. Mostly it works, and I can get rallyman but I don't know what to do about Oboro's room. I have no one with pass, and the great wall spaces are so restrictive that I can't kill everyone in Oboro's group while being safe from being lunged into the group of snipers. Initially I tried freezing the 2 closest Spear Masters and trying to kill Oboro's group but Takumi's goddamn ballistia means that I have to dodge all the arrows or no one can be in range, otherwise my weak units will die. What are some ways I can deal with her group? If I need to use the rescue staff I will.

I seem to remember two approaches to dealing with that problem talked about in the 10-unit Conquest run thread, and one of them might work for you. The first is to entrapping one of the Basara blocking the further stair, then killing as many enemies on the walls from outside the lunger's range as possible, and then dealing with the group that moves with the lungers after they move out of ballista range to chase you; the other being to kill enough lungers to make it safe enough to survive an enemy-phase, while using the rescue staff to bring back the ones that killed the lungers.

(in case you are curious: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/86249-anyone-wants-to-play-10-units-only-conquest/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-5405498)

Also, what's some advice people have for chapter 24 afterward, that gave me a rough time on hard mode as well, mostly cause the dragon veins are so spread out and Azama's hexing rod range is really constricting. 

I am a fan of the split the army in two to reach all the dragon veins in time, although if you have more fliers on your team by that map, there might be better approaches. As for Azama, the two approaches I have generally seen is try and dodge tank as many of the 6 hexing rod uses as you can ( 3/2 Res + 1/2 Luck is the staff avoid rate), or use the increased flier movement to jump him from outside rod range to kill him before he can use it.

Chapter 25 I was just gonna throw stacked vantage calamity gate ophelia with bowbreaker on the left and master ninja shurikenbreaker solstack soleil (Charlotte mom) on the right.

The spy-bow lunge chain on the left might still get you (as I seem to remember lunge still working on a miss), but we will see.

16 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The first is to entrapping one of the Basara blocking the further stair, then killing as many enemies on the walls from outside the lunger's range as possible, and then dealing with the group that moves with the lungers after they move out of ballista range to chase you; the other being to kill enough lungers to make it safe enough to survive an enemy-phase, while using the rescue staff to bring back the ones that killed the lungers.

This! Entrapping is probably the right answer, but I usually try to save as many Entrap charges as possible for Chapter 25.
I am pretty sure that one can also Freeze the Lunge Lancers, can we not?

The spy-bow lunge chain on the left might still get you (as I seem to remember lunge still working on a miss), but we will see.

Speaking of the devil… Yes, Lunge will pull you regardless of the accuracy of the hit.
If possible, I Entrap both Spy Ninjas on the eastern corridor, and then one Lunge Doll and the Life-or-Death Sword Master on the western section. If there are not enough Entrap charges (say, because you use it on the roof of Chapter 23), at least Entrap one Spy Ninja and the LoD Sword Master and use Freeze to break the chains.

I am a fan of the split the army in two to reach all the dragon veins in time, although if you have more fliers on your team by that map, there might be better approaches. As for Azama…

With only ten units, I prefer to keep my units close and ignore the Dragon Veins altogether. Except for two instances (right after facing Weed Girl and right after passing Azama), you are not assaulted from all directions, and can therefore hold positions with relatively few units. And even when you are surrounded by Pegasus, you can position all ten units in five pairs forming a cross, with a high Res unit (preferably Elise, for her aura) at the centre (the Pegasus only hit at 2-range with the Bolt Lance.)

Azama‘s Hex however is one of the worst mechanic offenders in the game. Honestly, I would call it worst than Iago, and just as unfair as the Inevitable End plus Staff Savant Maids in Endgame. He does not even have that much Magic and he will still have a 30 % chance of hexing Elise! The one unit with more Luck than the lotto winner and enough Resistance to tank the entire Harry Potter Academy! I even give her an A-Support Sorcerer pair-up and a Resistance Tonic, but the fucking Azama will always hex her. Unbelievable.

Not to mention that the wanker also has a nasty habit of going full zombie with that miraculous skill. It just costed me a sad restart on an so-far perfect run of this map. I swear, I fucking hate him. I had not restarted since Chapter 13 or so.

Edited by starburst

On 6/12/2020 at 6:25 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

I seem to remember two approaches to dealing with that problem talked about in the 10-unit Conquest run thread, and one of them might work for you. The first is to entrapping one of the Basara blocking the further stair, then killing as many enemies on the walls from outside the lunger's range as possible, and then dealing with the group that moves with the lungers after they move out of ballista range to chase you; the other being to kill enough lungers to make it safe enough to survive an enemy-phase, while using the rescue staff to bring back the ones that killed the lungers.

(in case you are curious: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/86249-anyone-wants-to-play-10-units-only-conquest/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-5405498)

I am a fan of the split the army in two to reach all the dragon veins in time, although if you have more fliers on your team by that map, there might be better approaches. As for Azama, the two approaches I have generally seen is try and dodge tank as many of the 6 hexing rod uses as you can ( 3/2 Res + 1/2 Luck is the staff avoid rate), or use the increased flier movement to jump him from outside rod range to kill him before he can use it.

Hey, thanks for the responses and advice! Well, I did figure out how to beat the level today. I did not have enough money for the entrap staff before the level, so instead I did the secondish approach and found I could kill all the snipers, the two basras, and the lunger not protected by Oboro's group while I froze the other two lunger lancers, then killed Oboro's whole group next turn. The Hinata strategy also got much more reliable (Camillia was one level away from swordbreaker and she's doing insane this run)

As for chapter 24 I remember when I did it on hard, trying to hit the dragon veins ended up working against me since my army got spread pretty thin. I needed paired up units to deal with all the enemies. I'm thinking that I might want to actually push center like @starburst

The lunge chain does work if they miss or are alive after combat. Tbh, I wasn't that worried about getting lunge chained: this is because I think that Ophelia can blow these guys out of the water as a vantage sorcerer nuke, or at least that's the hope. She just got LaD today so for Ch. 24 I found that if I can get her to 61 magic (she has inherent +15 stack now plus rallyman), I can plop her with a flyer next to Azama to jump him, (even if miracle procs once I have 2 chances to kill him technically) tank 1 hit and then she could 1 shot the other footies that can reach her if I hit the dragon vein same turn, so I can actually push with my main group. 

I do know that lunge works even if you miss, but I actually did want to get lunged (but not hit) because much like 24 I'm at the point where I'll set up Ophelia 1-shotting the left side with calamity gate and vantage (and bowbreaker to lessen the hitrate on the spy yumis). I'll definitely save money in case I need entrap for the left side tho, I only know for sure that I am gonna use shurikenbreaker soleil to do most of the dirty work. If not, I can save entrap for endgame, where I'm gonna try to beat it "straight" by assassinating the maids with rescue shenanigans (still have all 4 charges) and I could even put entrap in there. 

21 hours ago, starburst said:

With only ten units, I prefer to keep my units close and ignore the Dragon Veins altogether. Except for two instances (right after facing Weed Girl and right after passing Azama), you are not assaulted from all directions, and can therefore hold positions with relatively few units. And even when you are surrounded by Pegasus, you can position all ten units in five pairs forming a cross, with a high Res unit (preferably Elise, for her aura) at the centre (the Pegasus only hit at 2-range with the Bolt Lance.)

Azama‘s Hex however is one of the worst mechanic offenders in the game. Honestly, I would call it worst than Iago, and just as unfair as the Inevitable End plus Staff Savant Maids in Endgame. He does not even have that much Magic and he will still have a 30 % chance of hexing Elise! The one unit with more Luck than the lotto winner and enough Resistance to tank the entire Harry Potter Academy! I even give her an A-Support Sorcerer pair-up and a Resistance Tonic, but the fucking Azama will always hex her. Unbelievable.

Not to mention that the wanker also has a nasty habit of going full zombie with that miraculous skill. It just costed me a sad restart on an so-far perfect run of this map. I swear, I fucking hate him. I had not restarted since Chapter 13 or so.

Yeah I despise Azama too, and you've fought him way more than I have. So I will relish defeating him for all the pain he caused me in my other files. My approach with staves has been to neutralize them either by getting in their range or sending in an assassin that can survive enemy phase. Or bait out the charges if it's silence cause the AI seems to prefer silencing a unit over freezing them. Maps where I can't do this effectively get either sluggish or messy (chapter 18) for me, especially when it's a goddamn hexing rod with 6 charges I don't wanna try and dodgetank that shit when there's infinite reinforcements and no true hit. The cross formation you described with Elise is really awesome though.

2 hours ago, beachwalks said:

Maps where I can't do this effectively get either sluggish or messy (chapter 18) for me, especially when it's a goddamn hexing rod with 6 charges I don't wanna try and dodgetank that shit when there's infinite reinforcements and no true hit.

You mention Ch 18, but the sentence actually refers to Lunatic Endgame, right? I am confused.

An way to handle Enfeeble staves is to let the Maids “waste” them on your units as early as Turn 1. The staff range is higher than the attacking range, and Maids will use staves even if no enemy can hit you.
Even with an army of ten, you can afford some units (like the healer and bow wielders) to be Enfeebled and still contribute to the Player Phase successfully. This way, by the time your army actually faces the central room, the Maids will not have Enfeeble charges left (and your whole party will have long recovered from the de-buffing.)

3 hours ago, beachwalks said:

The cross formation you described with Elise is really awesome though.

That cross formation trivialises Ch 19. No Xander, no Camilla, no Generals, no Wyvern Lords… One only needs about 20 Defence to “tank” the foxes. That is why “fragile” units like Sniper Mozu with a Mini Bow or Mechanist Anna can hold the foxes. Moreover, a Wolfssegner or a Paladin can do it too, despite their beast weakness.

• 1 month later...

Well, I did it. A couple weeks ago I finished Lunatic Conquest, I didn't post anything about since I am playing through persona 4 golden atm and other irl stuff. I have to say I really like how IS balanced this game and made the difficulty based on skills, formations, and not just inflating the shit out of stats and ambush spawns like 3 houses and awakening. I really did get the feeling that when I played this game much more aggressively and efficiently I was rewarded. That said part of the first time clear experience was resetting in almost every level because one wrong move and I couldn't recover. I'm still not able to effectively plan out levels in a few turns, only the first 2 or 3. I always miscalculated SOMETHING, and even double checking my math didn't work for some calcs. So it was definitely and experience, both fun and sometimes burning out. I ended up rescue skipping endgame since I was getting burned out and didn't really want to think anymore, plus I saved all my charges so why not. Anyway, the unit performance varied for me, partially because I was WAY overzealous in trying to get good skills on some units. I also ended up having to support grind to get some units out of awkward classes by doing paralogues. Anyway, this is a brief summary of the units:

F!Corrin: +mag/-luck cav talent. Malig knight after chapter 15 till near endgame, switched back to paladin to use shadow yato. Bolt axe and levin sword abuse were nice, str damage was disappointing, never really hit the benchmarks. made ophelia my takumi killer because I was skeptical (and correct) that Corrin couldn't ORKO takumi, str only reached 30 at lvl 20 paladin after energy drops. What is her best endgame class anyway? Ive seen Zoran use dark knight, I guess Nohr Noble could work well too but not mounted movement. It has to be something with a sword, and is there a +mag/-luck build that can ORKO Takumi and Garon? really would like to know.

Azura: Dancer.  Gunter: wyvern lord pair up bot+shelter utility

Elise: I hate myself here because I married her to Niles. (At least in their supports he isnt inappropriate). didnt know who else, should've kept single but Nina did get used. Lvl 10 strategist promote, but changing to malig for trample made me realize I love her in this class, amazing aura bot, nuke, and I can actually put her behind something without insta-death fears.

Niles: Wanted to get lucky seven, pass, and shurikenbreaker. Didnt get that far, idk whether I should have gone 20/20 or early promote. Not great combat but Capture is Capture, mostly for rallyman

Silas: Too much investment. 20/20 silas is dope, had more str and base def than Xander on promo, but alas virgin kodachi never reaches chad seigfried's heights. Went through cav, hero, wvyern lord, and malig intending to end up as bow knight in end. To actually do this needs more paralouge feeding and I didn't want to do seigberts. 

SIde note: how do most people end up using Silas? I saw on the boards here either bow knight, paladin, maybe hero. But I also saw that he could be used as the Sol Master Ninja which sounds hype. How viable is that?

Camilla: Silas wife. broken as always, got axefaire, trample, str +2 and elbow room cuz stack.

Xander: Honestly the busted personal weapon makes this guy. Great bases though. Went nuts with investment, similar class progression as silas, actually finished malig for trample and ended as a hero. didn't get enough speed to double everything I wanted 😞

Leo: Not meant to be a mainstay, but in paralouges where conquest stops being strategy and becomes chuck shitstorm of zerkers and sorcerers he can hand them without relying on dodgetanking, so he got enough levels anyway. no investment, married Felicia.

Odin: Corrin spouse. amazing nostank earlygame, my crutch during ch. 13 and early percy paralogue. Reclassed into samurai late, wanted to try not buying extra heart seals from mycastle but promoted dark knight wasnt cutting it. Got vantage but deployment got tight and got benched.

Selena: wanted to use her like other awakening crossovers. Only was bowknight pair up bot for camilla then falco knight Xander backpack wife. I want to use her in a campaign but idk how I'd do so.

Laslow: Insta promote bowknight, still trying to aviod mycastle at that point. Really good for a while actually, only regret was strength didnt grow that well. Married pair up bot harlot. I know most people go master ninja, but I dont regret this choice.

Arthur and Effie: really only were for early game, I know arthur can be a god but I wanted to use Percy, so fast marriage was optimal. Arthur came back as pair up bot sometimes.

Jakob and beruka: Jakob has no corrin to get busted wyvern class skills, married Beruka but only from MyCastle grind. Beruka was good but deployment got tight and using Percy replaced her. Jakob fell off due to no corrin marry

Children:

F!Corrin Ophelia: The chosen heroine pineapple fryer herself. Pumped with 2 arm scrolls to use levin sword as Master of Arms (also bolt axe, she one-rounded Oboro on ch. 23).3rd arm scroll to get S rank tomes. Maxed mag and spd, vantage with LaD, elbow room, maelific aura stack as a sorcerer broke chapters 24, 25 left side, and endgame. EASY MVP child, and also the whole campaign. 

Charlotte! Soleil: second MVP child. raised to cheese master ninjas on 25, but I also needed a master ninja in general. Bulky with Great knight Sophie support, great enemy phase unit with strong riposte, sol, shurikenbreaker, and personal. Her frustrating paralouge was well worth it.

Camilla! Sophie: Pair up bot for Soleil, but even as lvl 5 great knight she could still fight units in chapter 26, probably should have used more.

Effie! Percy: broke my heart. Str cap of 45 according to the inheritance planner and reached only 35 as a zerker. Felt like I was always behind when raising him, still proved instrumental to my team because wyvern lord. Was going to be potential boss killer but HOW TF DO YOU GET STR SCREWED WITH EFFIE AS YOUR MOM?!

Elise! Nina: used for chapter 21 and 22, I just wanted to use shining bow Nina since I hadn't before. just cleaned stuff really, too frail to be EP unit which sucked.

Forrest, Dwyer, Izana, Flora: staffbots for staffbot things. Kana was not used. Captured a few mooks but only Rallyman was used long term.

If you made it to the end, thanks for reading, and also once again thanks to everyone who gave me advice on this topic when I was stuck. I still feel like I don't fully understand how to play this game efficiently yet, and I want to do another campaign with some stuff like early Wyvern Lord Elise, a physical Nina with Niles and Mozu as parents (I saw them as combat units and the setup looked SICK) and maybe delaying the kids to actually use some of the first gen units more. I cannot plan out and execute a map like Deltre and some others on this forum yet but I know thats also from much more experience with the series and playing effficiently, something which I've really wanted to do ever since I saw Deltre's lets play of this game.

4 minutes ago, beachwalks said:

SIde note: how do most people end up using Silas? I saw on the boards here either bow knight, paladin, maybe hero. But I also saw that he could be used as the Sol Master Ninja which sounds hype. How viable is that?

Not very, unless you get majorly lucky, since Sol only does anything if the enemy is healthy when it triggers. And to be honest, relying on that is foolish.

10 hours ago, beachwalks said:

Elise: I hate myself here because I married her to Niles. (At least in their supports he isnt inappropriate).

In my opinion, it is among their best overall, specially for Elise, who actually grows as a person.
(I believe that Elise is a teenager in the game, but I do not see the problem of a princess getting married young during the Middle Ages. Thus I had less problems than you pairing her.)

Since I do not use Xander or Camilla, Silas easily takes Xander's place in the party. I go Mercenary at Level 10, then Hero. That Heart Seal is the only investment he needs.

Sol Master Ninja works great, but he loses sturdiness, which is one of the main reasons why I use him.

You can spice him up by marrying him to Mozu, then get two level-ups as Archer to get +4 Attack, then Mercenary. This way, he will have +3 Attack from Elbow Room plus +4 Attack plus +3 Counter-attack plus Vow of Friendship, all by Chapter 13 or so, around L15 Mercenary. Overpowered as fuck.

Vanguard works too (used as a promotion Seal, of course, not early game.)

Charlotte! Soleil: second MVP child. raised to cheese master ninjas on 25, but I also needed a master ninja in general. Bulky with Great knight Sophie support, great enemy phase unit with strong riposte, sol, shurikenbreaker, and personal. Her frustrating paralouge was well worth it.

I would have gone Berserker Soleil, but I understand if a Master Ninja or Bow Knight suit the party better.

You did a lot of re-classing, did you buy Heart Seals from other castles? I do very few re-classes compared to you.

Next time, you may want to try ban My Castle Support-grinding, so that you take Supports among units as an extra objective for every chapter.

And you may want to ban "backpacks" (units whose only purpose is to provide pair-up bonuses, but who rarely, if ever, see action), so that you understand a unit as itself (instead of as a unit plus their glued backpack) and rely more on Attack Stance. The damage deal by evenly-levelled units on Attack Stance is always higher (and more versatile) than that of units in pair-ups, which allows you kill more enemies on Player Phase, clean whole areas and advance faster.
When the "strategy" is to send Xander plus a pair-up to weaken a bunch of enemies on Enemy Phase, well, it misses most of the fun. I like my parties to march killing everyone on Player Phase.

Oh hey, I got a shout-out in this thread!

As you apparently saw, Sol Master Ninja is the second-best enemy-phase combat build in Conquest, and Silas is the best at it. He gets an insane +9 early damage stack after going into the Merc line, and he can feasibly get Sol and A+ with Kaze before chapter 17, allowing him to go in with a Bronze Dagger and train up his weapon rank by one-rounding the horde of ninjas there on enemy phase. With Sol and D Shurikens, he can take on the northern or eastern parts of 18, and then he destroys 19 and much of 20 with the Hunter's Knife.

Soleil is hard to get that early, but she's nearly as strong if her mother can pass her something good: Elbow Room, HP +5, Lunge, that kind of thing.

Your Percy didn’t actually get Strength-screwed. Percy just has a fairly low innate Str growth, before factoring in his mom, and his base Str isn’t that hot either. He just happens to come with an incredible class set. Effie can potentially pass Quick Draw to him, but even then he usually needs a few Energy Drops or a Berserker wife to hit Takumi-killing thresholds.

Edited by Zoran

15 hours ago, Zoran said:

Oh hey, I got a shout-out in this thread!

As you apparently saw, Sol Master Ninja is the second-best enemy-phase combat build in Conquest, and Silas is the best at it. He gets an insane +9 early damage stack after going into the Merc line, and he can feasibly get Sol and A+ with Kaze before chapter 17, allowing him to go in with a Bronze Dagger and train up his weapon rank by one-rounding the horde of ninjas there on enemy phase. With Sol and D Shurikens, he can take on the northern or eastern parts of 18, and then he destroys 19 and much of 20 with the Hunter's Knife.

Soleil is hard to get that early, but she's nearly as strong if her mother can pass her something good: Elbow Room, HP +5, Lunge, that kind of thing.

Your Percy didn’t actually get Strength-screwed. Percy just has a fairly low innate Str growth, before factoring in his mom, and his base Str isn’t that hot either. He just happens to come with an incredible class set. Effie can potentially pass Quick Draw to him, but even then he usually needs a few Energy Drops or a Berserker wife to hit Takumi-killing thresholds.

To be blunt, I think Sol Master Ninja is extremely overrated. It's just not a reliable survival method. At best, you only have a little over a 1/3 chance of Sol activating. That's already rather lousy. But factor in the fact that Sol only works well if the opponent is healthy then it triggers, and it only looks even worse than it already is. That's not the type of chances I want my units' survival to hinge on. Especially not in a game where evade-reliant units are much more likely to get hit.

Edited by Shadow Mir