Dragon Ball Z Tactics (FE7 Hack)

OdysseyNeptune

Hello, my name is OdysseyNeptune and I would like to present my own hack (which is in very early stages). This hack is about Dragon Ball Z, having iconic characters such as Krillin, Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, etc.
My plans for this game include the following:

• The whole DBZ story inside the game, from the Saiyan Saga to the Majin Buu Saga.
  • All of the characters (or all of the important ones) as playable units.
  • Maybe the movies as Gaiden Chapters?
  • And more!

For now, the hack barely has "content": There's only 6 characters (Yamcha, Krillin, Ten Shinhan, Chiaotzu, Son Goku, and Roshi) and only up to Chapter 3 is playable. However, Chapter 3 is nigh-unplayable due to a bug (I'm new to FEBuilder) that allows to attack at an extreme range, but softlocks the game if attempted (and enemies will attempt it).
I'll leave the patch, but you have to follow a few instructions:
1. Load a save that has Hard Modes unlocked.
2. Select Lyn Hard Mode (as this disables the tutorials, which I couldn't fully disable in Chapter 1)
Also, here are the base stats and growths for each:
Base Stats:

Spoiler

Krillin
Earthling class
21 HP
8 Strength
8 Skill
8 Speed
3 Luck
8 Defense
8 Resistance
5 Move
10 Constitution

Yamcha
Earthling class
21 HP
10 Strength
6 Skill
10 Speed
3 Luck
6 Defense
8 Resistance
5 Movement
11 Constitution

Chiaotzu
Earthling class
21 HP
7 Strength
8 Skill
9 Speed
3 Luck
6 Defense
10 Resistance
5 Movement
8 Constitution

Tien Shinhan
Earthling class
20 HP
9 Strength
8 Skill
8 Speed
2 Luck
9 Defense
8 Resistance
5 Movement
12 Constitution

Son Goku
Saiyan class
15 HP
10 Strength
8 Skill
10 Speed
3 Luck
10 Defense
8 Resistance
5 Movement
10 Constitution

Master Roshi
Superhuman class
26 HP
11 Strength
11 Skill
11 Speed
11 Luck
11 Defense
11 Resistance
6 Movement
11 Constitution

Growths:

Spoiler

Krillin
70% HP
45% Strength
45% Skill
45% Speed
45% Defense
35% Resistance
40% Luck

Yamcha
70% HP
60% Strength
30% Skill
60% Speed
30% Defense
35% Resistance
40% Luck

Chiaotzu
70% HP
35% Strength
45% Skill
45% Speed
30% Defense
60% Resistance
40% Luck

Tien Shinhan
55% HP
50% Strength
45% Skill
45% Speed
50% Defense
45% Resistance
35% Luck

Son Goku
70% HP
45% Strength
45% Skill
45% Speed
45% Defense
35% Resistance
40% Luck

Master Roshi
50% HP
40% Strength
30% Skill
40% Speed
30% Defense
30% Resistance
30% Luck

A few notes:
None of the bosses were changed much; they were changed to be in the Knight class (renamed to First Form, as this is intended for Frieza) and their speeds increased to be 0 (else they would be undefined and displayed as --), however, Batta has a new, Frieza-related battle quote ("This is a test for Boss Battle Quotes. I am the mighty Frieza!") as well as a new defeat quote ("Impossible! Me? Beaten!?"). However, none of the post-chapter and pre-chapter dialogues were changed (I think I removed part of them), so please ignore if you see any Fire Emblem character talking and skip it. The game is extremely easy due to enemies being changed to Soldiers (renamed to Frieza Soldiers), to test a few things, although the bosses might prove to be difficult without Master Roshi (as he fulfills the Jagen role). Also, Chapter 1's boss (Zugu) has no equipable item. I had forgotten to give him an Iron lance but decided to keep it this way. Also, none of the characters have new portraits or map icons, so they use ones from FE7 as placeholders for now.
Last note: The patch is compatible with US FE7, I don't know about the other FE7 ROMs.

Dragon Ball Z Tactics.ups

33 minutes ago, OdysseyNeptune said:

Yamcha is intended to have high strength and speed. I still need to balance things though.

A little ironic Yamcha has something high

On 5/23/2020 at 3:28 PM, Jakenister said:

A little ironic Yamcha has something high

Yamcha is one of my favorite DBZ characters, and this hack is kind of intended to be balanced; Earthlings will be just as capable as Saiyans, for example. The classes just have different stat focuses. For example, Goku's HP is abysmal, but he has good Strength, Defense and Speed.
EDIT: I am working on a second demo. The game will loosely adapt DBZ, meaning that, for example, you'll fight Raditz with the Earthlings in your team as well.

By the way, to properly play Chapter 3 you'll need to turn off the battle animations. I'm working on Chapter 4 now.

Edited by OdysseyNeptune