I'd like to ask you guys about some similar game suggestions

Callie

Hi! I'm Nhi. I'd like to ask you guys about some similar game suggestions

If you know or find any similar kind of games like those below. Please let me know. Thank you.

1. Female charaters with feminine battle animations. Like Azura/Aqua from FE:Fates. To me, Her attack animations are so beautiful. It look like she's dancing while she's attacking. Battle animations that are a little feminine are still good too. Like Paine from final fantasy X-2. Online games too, I don't mind

2.  Games with a lot of mysteries or stuff to discover. Needing a lot of investigating to understand. I only know Fatal Frame and Bioshock:Infinite. Where I have to collect audio tapes, read some texts in it to understand the story. But even then, I am still confused and have to read online to understand @@.

3.  Hide and seek horror games or survival zombie games. These games scare me a bit... But I don't know... I want to try them.

For 1 and 2 give the FFVII remake a shot.  It'll be a bit before you pick up Aerith, but she fits the bill.  You'll also learn a lot of lore behind the world, whether it be through random conversations, side quests, or some collectibles later on.

#1 Bayonetta, no question. Her fighting style incorporates dancing, and her mo-cap actress for everything in the game was herself a professional dancer. It's also easily one of the best character action games ever made, while being one of the easiest to grasp if you're not used to that style of game.

#2 There are a lot of games that rely on audiologs to provide lore and backstory. Bioshock 1 and 2 are generally considered the main source of the trend, though not the first. Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4 are also well known for telling entire stories about the world before the apocalypse. But really most games I can think of are straight horror games. Classic Resident Evil games (and their remakes) have written notes you can collect to provide context on the setting, and are usually a great read. And Dead Space is basically a very well made Resident Evil 4 clone that takes place on a derelict space station. I also recommend Alan Wake. The notes you pick up in that game are pretty cryptic, but definitely build on the mystery of what's going on with the main character and the town in a way that I found very compelling. Definitely one of my favorite horror games.

#3 When it comes to horror games, I'm generally not a fan of the ones where the player is powerless and needs to run and hide. I would just recommend again the horror games I mentioned in #2.

Edited by Glennstavos

Some of my suggestions might be only vaguely approaching similar to all this stuff, but I'll do my best.

• Feminine animations...  Honestly, I'm not sure how much of help I'd be here, but I think most JRPGs will have this to some degree.  You might also want to look into fighting games with female characters, such as Tekken and Soul Calibur.  Fighting games just love to make fighting styles that are super graceful.  One of my favorite Tekken characters to play, Ling Xiaoyu, has a really nice, flowing fighting style, and Lili from the same series definitely fits that bill.  For Soul Calibur, you'll definitely want Xianghua, though plenty of girls in that series have nice movesets that are very feminine (some are taken to fairly comical extremes - like Cassandra and Sophitia having a lot of butt and crotch attacks - but they're still plenty gorgeous even barring all that).  Tekken is generally a lot more of a technical fighting game, so I don't know if I'd recommend it for you to start with if you want a more casual experience with fighters - a newbie can master it, absolutely, but they need to be ready to accept a lot of failure before they start raking in the victories.  SC, though, definitely is newb friendly.  I've only ever played Tekken 3, Tag Tournament, 6, Tag Tournament 2, and 7, but I will say all of those games are good fun.  As for SC, I've played all but the first Soul Calibur - of all the games in the series, I'd recommend 2, 3, and 6.  4 and 5 supposedly had good ranked online, but their online activity is probably dead now because of 6's existence.
  • Fallout, Fallout, Fallout!  Seriously, all the games.  Or at least, the numbered games up to 3, as well as New Vegas (4 isn't all that great, IMO).  You don't necessarily need to play them in order - it's understandable if the CRPG gameplay turns you off from playing the first two.  But if you're willing, the way you uncover mysteries in those games is handled so brilliantly.  Be warned that the games can get pretty grim, since... well, you know, it's set in a world over a hundred years removed from a nuclear apocalypse.  And there are mature themes such as gambling, substance abuse, violence, sex, war, and political and philosophical themes.  It has light-hearted moments, but it's definitely not a game for those looking for pure happy times.  Fallout 1 is especially bleak, and the best ending you can get is a really frickin' sad ending (it is a great ending appropriate for the game, but you almost certainly won't be happy for your character).  The DLC for Fallout: New Vegas, especially Lonesome Road, contains some of the best mysteries to uncover, and sometimes you really have to look to find the hidden truths.  Resident Evil also contains some interesting mysteries to uncover.
  • Time for me to be a hipster idiot and recommend a game people tend to forget about - Resident Evil: Outbreak.  It's not necessarily focused on the hide-and-seek mechanics it contains, but it's definitely a game that encourages you to avoid fights if you are able.  The controls are a bit janky - like any old Resident Evil game before RE4 came along - but you get to play through the stories of eight different characters who all play drastically different, and you get to uncover bits and pieces of each of their stories.  Yoko Suzuki is a particular favorite of mine, partly due to the secrets behind her arc that even she is unaware of, and partly due to her playstyle being geared towards avoiding fights (she has a dodge move that's basically the absolute best in the game).  You can hide in lockers or under beds in that game, too, which is useful if you're being pursued by enemies.  I think A Hat in Time also contains a segment that's all about hide-and-seek horror.  It's only a single segment, but the game is a really solid platformer that you should try if you like any of the 3D Mario games.  And weirdly enough, even though it's not really horror, there are some exhilarating moments to be had in Metal Gear Solid that aren't too far off from those of hide-and-seek horror games, at least if you're actually trying to be stealthy.  There are definitely times when I was playing some Metal Gear Solid games where I was very fearful of the enemy finding me and I'd jump whenever I was spotted.  You're not so powerless in MGS as in a typical horror game, but you are limited in arsenal, especially at the start because you almost never start with basically any weapons except for, like, maybe a knife and your fists.  I honestly love all the games, but if you want the thrill of being near helpless and needing to rely on stealth to survive, MGS1 is good for that, and every other game you'd need to really crank up the difficulty.  MGS3 is my absolute favorite, and even has a mode called "European Extreme" where if you're spotted you get an instant game over.

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

MGS3 is my absolute favorite, and even has a mode called "European Extreme" where if you're spotted you get an instant game over.

MGS2 actually has this as well. At least, i'm pretty sure it does?

45 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

MGS2 actually has this as well. At least, i'm pretty sure it does?

I think MGS1 and MGS2 have a mode similar to EE in MGS3.  Or maybe I'm conflating MGS1 with Twin Snakes or misremembering.  Either way, I do know MGS3 isn't the only one with that option.  I do know for a fact that MGS4 doesn't have it, and MGS5 only has it for a limited set of missions (likely Peace Walker as well, but I don't recall).  The original Metal Gear games don't, I don't pay much mind to the spin-offs (I'm aware of Ac!d though and how it's a sort of tactical stealth game), and we don't like to talk about That Game Which Shall Not Be Named.

I don't recall it being called "European Extreme" outside of MGS3, though.  I think it went under different names or difficulty settings for after you beat the game.  I probably should replay the series for the umpteenth time just to double-check, lmao.

6 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I think MGS1 and MGS2 have a mode similar to EE in MGS3.  Or maybe I'm conflating MGS1 with Twin Snakes or misremembering.  Either way, I do know MGS3 isn't the only one with that option.  I do know for a fact that MGS4 doesn't have it, and MGS5 only has it for a limited set of missions (likely Peace Walker as well, but I don't recall).  The original Metal Gear games don't, I don't pay much mind to the spin-offs (I'm aware of Ac!d though and how it's a sort of tactical stealth game), and we don't like to talk about That Game Which Shall Not Be Named.

I don't recall it being called "European Extreme" outside of MGS3, though.  I think it went under different names or difficulty settings for after you beat the game.  I probably should replay the series for the umpteenth time just to double-check, lmao.

Don't tell me That Game Which Shall Not Be Names is Ghost Babel. Because that game's the shit.

17 hours ago, eclipse said:

17 hours ago, Jotari said:

15 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

8 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I would play all of them. Those types is my favourite. Please keep the list go on. Thank to all of you 🙂 . 

I'm sorry for deleting yout texts in my quotes. I think it would make it easier for you to read

Edited by Hong Nhi

53 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

No, its only available on hard mode and higher. 

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

If you want stories with a lot of mysteries then I'd highly recommend the Zero Escape series. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Escape

Yeah, this.  All three games are good, but the first one, 999, is my personal favorite of the three.  They're a mixture of visual novel and point and click puzzle games, and they're a ton of fun.  The characters are pretty much all likable, the dialogue is funny, and it's really engaging.  There are multiple endings to each game, and each ending helps you put together a piece of the overall puzzle, until you can figure out how to achieve the true ending.

Another good game for mysteries and stuff to discover is Hollow Knight.  It's a platformer with a lot of focus on combat, so if you don't like that maybe stay away.  But if you're willing to give it a shot, I think that the story and lore to that game is fascinating.  None of it is flat out handed to you, and there are all sorts of tablets and hidden NPCs around the world for you to discover and put together the story.

11 hours ago, CWGameplay said:

Yeah, this.  All three games are good, but the first one, 999, is my personal favorite of the three.  They're a mixture of visual novel and point and click puzzle games, and they're a ton of fun.  The characters are pretty much all likable, the dialogue is funny, and it's really engaging.  There are multiple endings to each game, and each ending helps you put together a piece of the overall puzzle, until you can figure out how to achieve the true ending.

Another good game for mysteries and stuff to discover is Hollow Knight.  It's a platformer with a lot of focus on combat, so if you don't like that maybe stay away.  But if you're willing to give it a shot, I think that the story and lore to that game is fascinating.  None of it is flat out handed to you, and there are all sorts of tablets and hidden NPCs around the world for you to discover and put together the story.

I would definitely try that 🙂 

13 hours ago, CWGameplay said:

Seconding Hollow Knight since it's just a beautiful platformer with stunning music and lots of investigation to get the story behind it.

And on that note, I'll go ahead and also recommend Dark Souls (which I'd say Hollow Knight is kind of based on) for number 2. I've only played the first one but it's a blast and you kind of put the story together as you go. Lovely world and cool characters with the obvious caveat being that it's not easy. Any hey, you're basically just playing as a zombie already in that one, so if that's not enough zombie, what is?

Edited by Solvaij

6 hours ago, Solvaij said:

Seconding Hollow Knight since it's just a beautiful platformer with stunning music and lots of investigation to get the story behind it.

And on that note, I'll go ahead and also recommend Dark Souls (which I'd say Hollow Knight is kind of based on) for number 2. I've only played the first one but it's a blast and you kind of put the story together as you go. Lovely world and cool characters with the obvious caveat being that it's not easy. Any hey, you're basically just playing as a zombie already in that one, so if that's not enough zombie, what is?

I see 🙂 Hollow Knight and Dark Souls, I gonna write it down to my list

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

For number one, give YS:VIII Lacrimosa of Dana a shot. Dana is a dead ringer for Azura.

I never know this game before. I definitely will play that. thanks 🙂 

On 5/24/2020 at 1:33 AM, Hong Nhi said:

Games with a lot of mysteries or stuff to discover. Needing a lot of investigating to understand. I only know Fatal Frame and Bioshock:Infinite. Where I have to collect audio tapes, read some texts in it to understand the story. But even then, I am still confused and have to read online to understand @@.

Zero Escape. I just think there's too much exposition, but other than that it's one of my favorite mystery VNs.

Ace Attorney. One of the most friendly and easy to get into mystery games. It helps that the characters are great and the games are so well written.

On 5/24/2020 at 1:33 AM, Hong Nhi said:

Hide and seek horror games or survival zombie games. These games scare me a bit... But I don't know... I want to try them.

Project Zomboid looks like the isometric The Sims and deals with survival during a zombie outbreak. It has sneak mechanics, the game forces you to explore the world and find things in order to survive, fighting zombies is seldom ideal and you have to pick your fights. It's great.

6 hours ago, Rapier said:

Zero Escape

thank you .I guess this game is really good/

6 hours ago, Rapier said:

Project Zomboid : survival during a zombie outbreak.

This kind of game is intersting to me. thank you ::) 

Edited by Hong Nhi