Who do you think the 13 people in the final card will be?

SynthGreen

We can narrow it down a bit; Marth is already confirmed so there’s 12 

but then there are 14 more games with other lords; but I suppose We can take warriors out of the running as it isn’t usually listed among the others; TMS as well  

but even then it leads us to one rep from each game. 

FE2/15-Alm or Celica? 
FE4-Sigurd or Seliph 

FE5-Leif 
FE6-Roy

FE7-Eliwood, Hector, or Lyn? 
FE8-Ephraim or Eirika? 
FE9/10-Ike but Micaiah is very important so? 
FE13-Chrom is the main, but robin and Lucina are both female and could be chosen instead I could really see Lucina  

FE14-Corrin? M or F? Maybe azura 

FE_Heroes-Alphonse or Sharena? 
3H-Byleth? But then there’s Male vs Female debate to be had. A house lord? Maybe Edelgard since she’s the most popular and seemingly IS’ favorite; plus the other 2 got but cards in this set and Edelgard didn’t get as much highlight?

We actually already got a look at the sketches a while back: allstar.jpg

So, with the backgrounds now confirming the 2nd to last is Heroes, it seems the order will be from left to right: Marth, Alm + Celica, Seliph + Sigurd, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, Eirika + Ephraim, Ike, Micaiah, Chrom + Lucina, Corrin, Alfonse, Byleth

As for Corrin and Byleth, I have no doubt that both will be male by default. However, I do think there is a chance we will get Corrin (f) and Byleth (f) versions. In B17, there were 16 SR slots. In B22, we know of 13 slots here, but I'll bet there will be at least 3 more to match the B17 format. So we could get Corrin (f) and Byleth (f) as our 14th and 15th SRs, where the character art is different but the backgrounds will be the same matching ones. That way, you could swap them in easily.

That would be my ideal way to include the (f) versions. Maybe the remaining 16th SR could be an icon like Anna who's in all the games. However, if they wanted to free another slot, maybe the Corrin SR will be Corrin (v), like in B20 where the (m) is default and the (f) is SR+.

Having said that, on the topic of SR’s I know Rowan is getting a card in 22, but I hope Rowan or Lianna get theirs. I don’t think Warriors has the best OC’s but it’s a really fun game and a cherished part of the franchise imo. 

I think the sketch for Corrin and Byleth certainly look male, but I’m not convinced. 

Robin usually defaults to male in other mediums, but cipher uses female Robin way more frequently. And Chrom x Robin was never used in cipher (no awakening ships were) so people can’t even say it’s for that reason (which is often a reason people like female Robin) 

so at the end of the day I could see them using female corrin, as I think she’s more popular. Byleth idk where they settled yet. Too new to know. 

On 5/24/2020 at 5:08 PM, SynthGreen said:

Robin usually defaults to male in other mediums, but cipher uses female Robin way more frequently. And Chrom x Robin was never used in cipher (no awakening ships were) so people can’t even say it’s for that reason (which is often a reason people like female Robin) 

so at the end of the day I could see them using female corrin, as I think she’s more popular. Byleth idk where they settled yet. Too new to know. 

It's true that the rules are a little different in Cipher, but I still think that IS wouldn't want to risk leaving out Corrin (m) and Byleth (m) in the final SR lord set. If it were a regular set, I'd be more optimistic because they could always do female in one and male in the next, but this being the final set just feels like the IS tradition of male-as-default would win out if it came down to it.

In Robin's case specifically, it's actually not too much more frequently in terms of uniquely designed cards. Robin (m) has 2 SRs and 6 unique cards (in terms of effects, not art), compared to Robin (f)'s also 2 SRs and 7 unique cards in terms of effects. It probably feels like Robin (m) is used much less since 2 of his unique cards are promos, and I suppose his body being used in one less Grima card compared to hers as well.

They actually keep a very even rate of SRs between each pair, now that I've checked. Both Robins have 2 SRs each, both Corrins have 4 SRs each + a shared 5th with Corrin (v), and both Byleths, being new, have 1 SR + 1 HR each.

To me, that means we most likely will get one SR per each Corrin and each Byleth, to keep with this even pattern. Here's hoping!

38 minutes ago, AllStarKnight said:

It's true that the rules are a little different in Cipher, but I still think that IS wouldn't want to risk leaving out Corrin (m) and Byleth (m) in the final SR lord set. If it were a regular set, I'd be more optimistic because they could always do female in one and male in the next, but this being the final set just feels like the IS tradition of male-as-default would win out if it came down to it.

In Robin's case specifically, it's actually not too much more frequently in terms of uniquely designed cards. Robin (m) has 2 SRs and 6 unique cards (in terms of effects, not art), compared to Robin (f)'s also 2 SRs and 7 unique cards in terms of effects. It probably feels like Robin (m) is used much less since 2 of his unique cards are promos, and I suppose his body being used in one less Grima card compared to hers as well.

They actually keep a very even rate of SRs between each pair, now that I've checked. Both Robins have 2 SRs each, both Corrins have 4 SRs each + a shared 5th with Corrin (v), and both Byleths, being new, have 1 SR + 1 HR each.

To me, that means we most likely will get one SR per each Corrin and each Byleth, to keep with this even pattern. Here's hoping!

That makes a lot of sense to me. When I was saying robin often defaults to male I meant most awakening comics use male (not all though) and warriors used male as well. But heroes gave female more alts plus the legendary hero. 

This does make me wonder for the cards that feature multiple characters, which lord will the card be named for? (meaning which lord actually gets the card for gameplay purposes.)

15 hours ago, whase said:

This does make me wonder for the cards that feature multiple characters, which lord will the card be named for? (meaning which lord actually gets the card for gameplay purposes.)

I wondered about that too. I'm pretty sure of the two Alm will get the name, not only because he usually is treated more central but also because Celica has one more SR than him right now. I feel like Chrom/Lucina and Eirika/Ephraim could go either way, but maybe they'll give the SR to Lucina and Eirika, then give Chrom and Ephraim separate HRs (since Lucina and Eirika already have HRs)?

EDIT: I forgot Sigurd/Seliph but I'm betting it's Sigurd since he's always the face of FE4, and though both have gotten an SR recently, his is less recent.

I originally thought they might use the 3 HR slots on the remaining characters on the spread (i.e. Chrom, Ephraim, Celica), but now that I'm considering Seliph too, that would only work if we get an additional 4th HR. They have increased the HR count before (2 in B18 > 3 since), and we already know the SR count increased like in B17 compared to normal (12 > at least 13 confirmed in B22, probably more). We'll see, but here's hoping it works out like this so that each character on the spread will get their own high rarity card, given it's the last set!

Edited by AllStarKnight
forgot poor seliph

12 minutes ago, AllStarKnight said:

I wondered about that too. I'm pretty sure of the two Alm will get the name, not only because he usually is treated more central but also because Celica has one more SR than him right now. I feel like Chrom/Lucina and Eirika/Ephraim could go either way, but maybe they'll give the SR to Lucina and Eirika, then give Chrom and Ephraim separate HRs (since Lucina and Eirika already have HRs)?

And if so, even though Celica might not need it, she could get the final HR and that way everyone from the spread gets their own high rarity card. But we'll see!

It’s weird that Chrom has so many cards, is the main character of FE13, got one of the first Cipher decks...

and yet he doesn’t have an HR 

IS is hard to predict 

14 minutes ago, SynthGreen said:

It’s weird that Chrom has so many cards, is the main character of FE13, got one of the first Cipher decks...

and yet he doesn’t have an HR 

IS is hard to predict 

That's probably due to how new HRs are to Cipher, being introduced in B18. We don't even have a red HR yet, and if we do it probably won't be Marth, so Chrom isn't alone in that.

I do think they could've given him one along with Lucina in B18, but she needed the HR slot more since Chrom had just had an SR + 2 other cards in B17 and Lucina hadn't gotten any high rarities since her B14 SR and then only 1 card in B17.

Edited by AllStarKnight