What is your favorite book?

JubileePhoenix

Well I don't read much, I guess it's this big book of WW1 stuff. I love this book, I have yet to finish it but it's amazing.What is a good book that paints the full picture since the start ...

Just now, This boi uses Nino said:

Well I don't read much, I guess it's this big book of WW1 stuff. I love this book, I have yet to finish it but it's amazing.What is a good book that paints the full picture since the start ...

When you are a fire emblem fan thought and thought. 

I think my favorite book is The Disaster Artist. It's an account of the production behind The Room from the point of view of Tommy Wiseau's best friend (who also plays Mark in the film). It's an excellent companion piece to the film, hoping to answer the question "what was he thinking when he made this movie!?". They even made a movie out of it, which I have not seen but I'd like to. As far as classic literature goes, Flowers for Algernon wrecked me both times I read it as a child.

Edited by Glennstavos

I don't read too often (ironic for someone who dreamed of being a writer) but ''Vidas Secas'' (Barren Lives) might be my favorite pick. It was such an different story from what I was accostumed to. You could say I was having a blast while reading it.

..until the dreaded day that a fucking high school question spoiled the death of one of my favorite characters before I finished it. Seriously, WHAT THE HELL.

(Spoilers for the dead:)

Spoiler

It was Baleia (Whale), the good girl (dog) of the protagonist. I could go on with more details but...I can't bear it.

It depends on my mood; for nonfiction, I love Horrible Histories and Dangerous Days books; in terms of fiction, some of the books that are up there are the order of odd-fish, Alex and the ironic gentleman, some of the Redwall books and basically everything by Rick Riordan.

Probably Lord of the Rings, though I've always loved the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. RR is a really great author, it's unfortunate I never really got into his stuff as much. I never got to finish the Kane Chronicles. A Song of Ice and Fire series is also one of my favorites, but I'm not sure if I prefer it over the other two I mentioned.

1 hour ago, JubileePhoenix said:

When you are a fire emblem fan thought and thought. 

Ha, I liked Fire Emblem first. What got me into history was something about the spice trade, and then a youtube video series about Otto von Bismarck. My passion for history definitely influences my favorite FE games, those being FE4 and the Plegia arc of Awakening actually, that is so good.

Probably The Hollow by Agatha Christie. The best mystery I've ever read. 

Other than that, I'm a weeb who also likes to read name books since I've never loved my own. 

Ooh, forgot Animal Farm...Although I'm probably not going to enjoy it as much once I have to reread it in grade 10 in class...

Hard to pick a single favorite book, but I really like Howl's Moving Castle. It just has such a nice narration style that's a lot of fun and pleasant to read. I'm also a fan of Great Expectations and The Count of Monte Cristo as far as classics go.

Oh how could I forget about the book I read 3 times on a trip? It's called Prisoner B-3087, it's a novel based of the real-life experience of a Jewish kid-teenager that survived a total of 10 concentration camps in WW2

Spoiler

Prisoner B-3087 Audiobook by Alan Gratz - 9780545921190 | Rakuten Kobo

Yeah that picture is big lol, I also like this book, it's about a kid with amnesia that tries to recover his memories, thanks to the amnesia he starts life anew though and it ends on such a wholesome note, I love it:

Spoiler

Restart: Korman, Gordon: Amazon.com.mx: Libros

I also semi-follow a minecraft visual novel, it's kinda cringe sometimes but I like it: 

Spoiler

Diary of an 8-Bit Warrior: An Unofficial Minecraft Adventure: Cube ...

I think I just identified a bit well with the villager two years ago. By this point though, it's really different from Minecraft, and became quite the fan-fiction.

And that's it, I suppose I have other favorites but they are there more so because I have memories of those books from when I was in elementary school, and I really don't like that time in my life, but those books stuck for a reason.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

The Count of Monte Cristo is one book that I recently finished which I really enjoyed. I’ve also enjoyed the works of Clark Ashton Smith, Michael Moorcock, Robert E. Howard, Karl Edward Wagner, and Leo Tolstoy. I’m also going through Herman Melville’s Moby Dick which I’m enjoying to a certain extent.

Edited by Wraith

Favourite Bok?

Probably Kolisi.

Okay, I realise you meant book but I couldn't resist.

And frankly I'm bad at this favourite book thing. But I will say I thought the last book I read (Normal People) was a fascinating read of the perspective of two people transitioning into adulthood and dealing with their personal and interpersonal issues. It is absolutely NSFW though, so maybe don't if you're not ready for it.

I remember the Harry Potter boks being ones I read a whole lot as a kid. Recently I occasionally picked one of them up and they still hold up. 

But these days history boks are more my sort of boks. Among those I'd say Caesar: life of a colossus is the best one. 

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

The Count of Monte Cristo is one book that I recently finished which I really enjoyed. I’ve also enjoyed the works of Clark Ashton Smith, Michael Moorcock, Robert E. Howard, Karl Edward Wagner, and Leo Tolstoy. I’m also going through Herman Melville’s Moby Dick which I’m enjoying to a certain extent.

Edited by twilitfalchion

I read to escape so I don't read nonfiction unless I have to, an I read a lot.  Anyway my personal favorites are a really long list so I will narrow it to my to 5.  In fantasy my top two favs are Hexwood (by the same author as Howl's moving castle) and Sunshine by Robin Mckinley.  As to classics my top two are To kill a Mockingbird and Persuasion (by Jane Austin).  As to sifi my favorite series is Vampire Hunter D, but I can't pick which one in the series is top of the list.

THERE I FIXED THE TITLE! DAMN YOU, SPELLCHECK! 

Anyways I'm listening to Becoming by Michelle Obama as an audio book at my second job. I'm only half way thought but it really good. My favorite book is probably Half-Blood Prince. Slow reader, but i went thought that book in a few day, still surprised by that.

I'm trying to read the Deathly Hallows, but the beginning of this book is not good. I will power thought it, tho.    

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I prefer Lord of the Flies over Heart of Darkness.  Though if I had a choice of anything, it would be The Art of War.

Not bad, not bad at all. Have you ever read Joseph Conrad’s Nostromo?

Edited by Wraith