[RCYOA] You Are Chasing After a Man on a Bike

AnonymousSpeed

A "Rotating Choose Your Own Adventure" game is simple. It's like a regular choose-your-own-adventure game, but instead of me writing out the most popular path split for the whole story, each successive player writes what happens and then provides the next set of path splits for the next player to choose from. Here is an example.

It's a cold New York afternoon. You are chasing after a man on a bike. Why?

A) He stole my bike!
B) I want the donuts he has
C) For exercise, the man is my coach
D) I really, really hate bikers

Hell yeah! Here we go again!

D) I really, really hate bikers

It's been a tough life, and bikers only make it tougher. Riding those monstrosities in the sidewalk mowing down granny after granny, or causing traffic jams in the crowded New York streets, they are your garden variety metropolitan hell-raisers, and this time you've had enough. He brushed passed you and made you drop your very expensive gourmet doughnut and by God, he's going to pay.

Just as you feel yourself falling behind, the bike slows to a stop. He begins to dismount, and you realize you are somewhere familiar. Where has he led you?

A) The front door of your favorite coffee shop.

B) Your apartment complex.

C) A dingy alleyway where you sometimes like to crack open a cold one with the boys.

D) The lavish estate of your hated mother-in-law.

E) The not-so-lavish estate of your favorite professor.

Edited by Solvaij

2 hours ago, Solvaij said:

B) Your apartment complex.

The biker dismounts and picks up a long, weapon-like object, the exact nature of which you cannot not discern. You watch as he enters the complex with a slow, determined walk.

A) Follow sneakily behind him

B) Call the police

C) Go get some of your favorite coffee

C) Go get some of your favorite coffee.

You push past the biker to enter your apartment, you can't function without a good cup of coffee.

After sitting down to enjoy the relaxing hot drink you hear a knock on your door.

You:

A) Stand up and open it

B) Yell at them

C) Jump out of the window in fright

D) Pretend you didn't hear it.

B)

Remembering the weapon the biker had, you muster your best scottish accent and yell "DONKEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY SWAMP?!" And then you open up the door and whisper, "This is the part where you run."

1 hour ago, Benice said:

B)

Remembering the weapon the biker had, you muster your best scottish accent and yell "DONKEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY SWAMP?!" And then you open up the door and whisper, "This is the part where you run."

I think you may have forgotten to provide the next path split, lol

5 minutes ago, Evalko said:

I think you may have forgotten to provide the next path split, lol

Cripes. Sorry.

Do you...

A) Wait and see what he does

B) Close the door

C) Punch him

D) Run away

41 minutes ago, Benice said:

C) Punch him

Without looking closely at him, you immediately punch him in the face.

"Ow! What the hell, Johnny?"

Uh oh. Now that you look closer, the man you just punched happens to be your best friend, Mark. The long object he just picked up happened to be a present. For your birthday. Which is today. Your friend Mark, who rode his bike all this way to give you your gift, is now bleeding profusely from his nose after you punched him square in the face with all your might.

Yikes. What should you do? 

A) Awkwardly apologize

B) Awkwardly grab the present and shut the door in his face

C) Awkwardly wipe the blood off his face with your hands

D) Awkwardly try and strike up a conversation

Edited by Evalko

4 hours ago, Evalko said:

Without looking closely at him, you immediately punch him in the face.

"Ow! What the hell, Johnny?"

Uh oh. Now that you look closer, the man you just punched happens to be your best friend, Mark. The long object he just picked up happened to be a present. For your birthday. Which is today. Your friend Mark, who rode his bike all this way to give you your gift, is now bleeding profusely from his nose after you punched him square in the face with all your might.

Yikes. What should you do? 

A) Awkwardly apologize

C) Awkwardly wipe the blood off his face with your hands

D) Awkwardly try and strike up a conversation

Mark might be your best friend, but he's still a biker. You thought the two of you had made a pact to never become one of those streetwise demons. He's broken that vow, not to mention he's destroyed your doughnut, and some long goofy present most certainly does not make up for it. You grab the present from him and shut the door in his face. Serves him right. Now it's time to:

A) Finish making that cup of coffee

B) Open the present

C) Reconsider your friendship with Mark

D) Reconsider your hatred of bikers

E) Get your samba on

Edited by Solvaij

B) Open the present.

The present is a baseball bat, and there's a note with it from Mark.

"Hey man, I have been recruited into a biker gang. Things kinda suck without you here, but sometimes friendships have to become enemy...ships? For various reasons. If you still want to be my friend, meet me behind the Burger King tonight at 8 and bring this note. The boss will give you a test to see if you're worthy of joining the gang. If you don't want to, we are now enemies. Watch your back."

Do you:

A) Make the coffee and decide what to do later

B) Take Mark up on his offer

C) Not take Mark up on his offer and ignore the biker gang

D) Plan to destroy the biker gang

A) Make the coffee and decide what to do later

After all this excitement, it's really time you had that cuppajoe. You finish making the coffee and take a sip, wishing you had a doughnut to go with it. Dammit Mark. Now you have time to think and make your decision. You ultimately decide to:

A) Take Mark up on his offer

B) Ignore the biker gang

C) Plan to destroy the biker gang

3 hours ago, Solvaij said:

C) Plan to destroy the biker gang

These gosh darn bikers have ruined your day for the last time. They have corrupted your best friend Mark, who you trust absolutely and without reservation, and that is the last straw. It's time to eliminate them.

You put on your best suit and drive to Burger King, baseball bat in hand. It's 8 PM, and you see a heard of bikers behind the restaurant. Mark is there with them. How do you proceed?

A) Charge in with your baseball bat swinging

B) Pelt the bikers from afar with footballs

C) Feed them poisoned Burger King

D) Plow through the bikers using your flying vampire car

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

D) Plow through the bikers using your flying vampire car

You get in your flying vampire car and drive right into the bikers, to their surprise. A few of them die upon being run over, and some are injured. You hear a scream, and turn around to see someone calling the cops. Oh dear. Why did you think this was a good idea, again? Oh well, guess you have to act now.

A) Drive away and try to escape the cops

B) Slap the phone out of the stranger's hand

C) Slap the stranger

D) Try and say you didn't do it, despite the stranger seeing everything

E) Let yourself be arrested because you're a good citizen despite just committing several counts of vehicular manslaughter

D)

To imitate being possessed, you yell loudly "Nooo! Why must you claim more victims, O demon lord? Have I not been tortured enough?!" and begin to twitch madly, collapsing while muttering mumbo-jumbo.

The police arrive in the burger king while you are still twitching on the ground.

Do you...

A) Run away

B) Own up and turn yourself in to the police

C) Continue the farce

D) Offer to make a cop coffee

E) Pray to our lord and savior Florina to save you

C) Continue the farce

After all, you DO have a flying vampire car to aid in the ruse. You continue to twitch and shout as the police flood the scene and inspect the damage.

"What have we got here Chief?"

"Well Dave, it looks like we got ourselves a standard case of vampiric vehicular manslaughter, plus possession. The victim was justice. The weapon was three thousand pounds of steel." The Chief bends down to get a look at the bodies and shakes his head. "Bikers by the looks of 'em. I hate these guys."

A) Completely forget what you were doing and tell the Chief how much you also hate people who ride bicycles.

B) Get up, pretending to be disoriented, and ask Dave and Chief what happened.

C) Try to sneak away to your flying vampire car.

D) Look around for Mark, your ex-best friend.

16 hours ago, Solvaij said:

D) Look around for Mark, your ex-best friend.

As you flail around on the pavement, an ambulance fleet arrives. You watch as dead and injured bikers are loaded into emergency medical vehicles, one of them being Mark. You can't tell if he's alive or dead, but it doesn't look good.

A) Make a break for it

B) Turn Mark into a vampire to save him

C) Scream "No!" in mourning of your friend

D) Walk up to him and ask "so anyway how is your sex life"

6 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

A) Make a break for it

Mark’s great and all, but you are NOT taking the fall for some stupid decision he made to join a biker gang. You go up to one of the cops and explain yourself. They clear you after miraculously believing your explanation and you head back home as fast as you can to get both a shower and a well-deserved pot of coffee to down.

A) Call the hospital to check on Mark

B) Go give the Police more info about Mark so he doesn’t get in too much trouble

C) Ignore Mark entirely and forget about the whole incident 

D) Go pull out your old law credentials and be Mark’s defender in court 

17 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

D) Go pull out your old law credentials and be Mark’s defender in court

Law credentials being a complete play through of all the Ace Attorney games, but those are just details.

On the day of the trial, you show up to defend your ex-best friend, Mark.

The prosecutor begins by stating: "Mark has been accused of gang affiliation-"

"OBJECTION!" You scream, as you point determinedly at the prosecutor. "Mark wasn't part of a gang!"

"Sir, there are multiple witnesses including police officers who saw Mark clearly associating with several known gang members."

"...Oh." This trial doesn't seem to be working out well for you or Mark. What should you do?

A) Shoot the judge. Mark can't be found guilty if there's no one to find him guilty!

B) Give up, who cares about Mark lol

C) Lie, it's okay as long as you don't get caught, right?

D) Accuse the prosecutor of an entirely unrelated crime

5 minutes ago, Evalko said:

D) Accuse the prosecutor of an entirely unrelated crime

"How funny that you go after Mark," you begin, "when you've done something way, way worse! You have said...the N-word."

The whole courtroom gasps. Oxygen in the building decreases by 13 percent.

The persecutor begins to drip with sweat. "W-what? No, I'd never-" he pulls awkwardly at his collar. "Some of my best friends are-" He clears his throat. "Objection, unrelated."

A) Press the issue further

B) Accuse the persecutor of another entirely different crime

C) Faint from oxygen deprivation

D) Realize that the persecutor is black

B) Accuse the persecutor of another entirely different crime

"FURTHERMORE," you say to the prosecutor, "I have photographic evidence that you yourself were in a tricycle gang in your youth, AND that you're harboring a vampire tricycle in your garage! What do you have to say about that, sir?"

You're not sure if any of this is true, but through some sort of clairvoyance (perhaps granted by your association with your own vampire vehicle) it looks like you've hit the nail on the head. The prosecutor begins to blurt out excuses for himself and asks how you could possibly have figured it all out? Before you have the chance to answer, he pulls out a revolver, pointing it in your direction. His eyes are wild.

A) Try to talk him down

B) Try to pin it on Mark

C) Remote start your vampire car

D) Keep insulting him. "Pfft, a revolver? What is this, 1873?"

E) Charge him. You're bulletproof. Probably.

On 5/28/2020 at 12:12 AM, Solvaij said:

C) Remote start your vampire car

Using your vampire powers, you remotely activate your flying vampire car, which is parked outside the courthouse. You just need to buy a minute or so.

"Pfft, a revolver?" You mock. "What is this, 1873? It's not even a big revolver, like Dirty Harry. It's tiny, like your sex life."

"Shut up!" says the prosecutor. He pulls back the hammer and prepares to shoot you.

Just then, your flying vampire crashes through the wall from 5,000 feet in the air. The prosecutor screams in terror as the 1.5 tons of steel slam into him, pinning him to the ground. The violence of the impact destroys the prosecutor's disguise, revealing their true identity-

A) A robot

B) Denny

C) Lisa

D) Ike from Super Smash Brothers

E) Miles Edgeworth

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

D)

The crowd stands in stunned silence as the radiant hero lays beneath a vampire car.

"I fight for my friends!" He yells. "Begnion zuccs!"

Do you

A) Call Sanaki to take him to court for libel

B) Leave the court

C) Accuse Ike of war crimes

D) Buy him a burger

1 hour ago, Benice said:

D) Buy him a burger

With Ike's love of food, I'm sure he would like to have one last meal before dying, since no one could possibly survive 1.5 tons of steel ramming into them.

As Ike finishes his meal, he passes peacefully, only for all charges to be dropped against Mark because of the confusion sparked in the courtroom by all the preceding events. As you leave the courthouse with Mark, you discuss whether or not you will attend his funeral since he was the Radiant Hero after all. His legacy should be honored, even if he did have an inglorious end to his life. You also consider helping with funeral prep.

What should you do to help with funeral preparations?

A) Nothing. Let others handle it since you're strapped for cash as it is.

B) Donate some money to help fund the funeral prep. You can spare something for such a hero as Ike.

C) Sing an a capella version of the Fire Emblem theme in his honor at the funeral.

D) Give a eulogy that recounts his many adventures in Tellius to show what a great guy he was.

D)

During your euology, you see Sothe and Lethe charge through the crowd, Lethe claiming that she was married to Ike and Sothe claiming that Ike was the father of his children, meaning that the hero cheated on his wife. What do you do about this development?

A) Drink some coffee and leave the stage

B) Ask for any more people who were involved romantically with Ike

C) Denounce Ike's history

D) Deny this development.