Hello Everyone!

Tylwyth Teg

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all.

I'm very excited to become a part of this wonderful Fire Emblem community! I've spent the past week or so slowly exploring your forums, and they seem like such a wholesome and united place to be. I've long been searching for a corner of the internet to call home, and I'm hopeful that such a great community as yours will be the place!

I'm 28, and originally from Wales. I now live with my wife in the US. I'm an illustrator and, when the world isn't in lockdown, I work at a bookshop. I would love to be a librarian, and illustrate alongside that!

My Fire Emblem history began with Awakening. I had very little knowledge of the series before then, but I bought the game upon release and immediately fell in love. My wife, who was not a gamer in the past, has recently become VERY into Fire Emblem and I feel my enthusiasm growing once more.

I've just ordered myself a copy of FE7, and I'm really looking forward to delving into the series's history. I'm already infatuated with the sprite animations for the battles. Any recommendations for favourite characters in that game that I should keep an eye out for?

Welcome to the forest! We hope you'll enjoy your stay!

In FE7, although he arrives really late, Renault is very interesting. Canas is also quite fascinating, Farina and Fiora have good supports, (although Farina is Hector mode exclusive and cannot be recruited in your first run for that reason)...Really most units have at least one good support going for them.

Hope you enjoy your run through FE7!

Thank you Benice! It's nice to meet you!

And thank you for the suggestions! I look forward to getting to know these characters. And I'm sure that, before long, I'll know exactly what Hector mode is 😛 It's cool to know that this game will offer reasons for multiple playthroughs

Welcome to the Forest, Tylwyth Teg!

Glad that you're enjoying the series. I second Benice and would recommend you to watch out for Canas but you're free to play however you feel like!

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

17 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

And thank you for the suggestions! I look forward to getting to know these characters. And I'm sure that, before long, I'll know exactly what Hector mode is 😛 It's cool to know that this game will offer reasons for multiple playthroughs

Hector mode is unlocked after you complete the first plathrough; it unlocks two extra chapters and two exclusive side-chapters. You really have to bend over backwards to get them and may want a guide for that, but it does flesh out the main antagonist's backstory.

Also of note: Lyn hard is basically Lyn normal, Eliwood hard is a little harder than Eliwood normal, Hector normal is a little harder than Eliwood normal, Hector Hard mode is much harder than anything else the game has to offer, as I found out the hard way. Regardless, have fun!

Oh, and it's nice to meet you too!

Edited by Benice

On 5/26/2020 at 12:09 PM, Ycine said:

Welcome to the Forest, Tylwyth Teg!

Glad that you're enjoying the series. I second Benice and would recommend you to watch out for Canas but you're free to play however you feel like!

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Canas has an amazing monocle, so he'll definitely be on my radar 😛

Great to meet you!

Edited by Tylwyth Teg
Spelling mistake

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also of note: Lyn hard is basically Lyn normal, Eliwood hard is a little harder than Eliwood normal, Hector normal is a little harder than Eliwood normal, Hector Hard mode is much harder than anything else the game has to offer, as I found out the hard way. Regardless, have fun!

That is very useful information! I definitely enjoy a little more challenge in my Fire Emblem games (though I've not braved lunatic levels!) so this is great to know!

1 hour ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

My wife, who was not a gamer in the past, has recently become VERY into Fire Emblem and I feel my enthusiasm growing once more.

Can you find me a girl like your wife?

Joking aside, welcome! 

Just now, JubileePhoenix said:

Can you find me a girl like your wife?

Joking aside, welcome! 

Haha!! I wouldn't even know how! I'm only where I am now due to absolute dumb luck 😛

Thanks for the welcome! Nice to meet you 🙂

Please, for the love of everything, turn off the animations in Shadow Dragon, once you get around to playing it.

Anyway, welcome~!  Don't forget to read the rules and all!  The Edit button is your friend, and that little plus sign next to Quote enables Multiquote, so you can quote multiple people at once.

(end generic greeting)

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Please, for the love of everything, turn off the animations in Shadow Dragon, once you get around to playing it.

Anyway, welcome~!  Don't forget to read the rules and all!  The Edit button is your friend, and that little plus sign next to Quote enables Multiquote, so you can quote multiple people at once.

(end generic greeting)

Thanks for the multiquote tip. I was wondering about that!

And thanks for the Shadow Dragon tip. It's definitely on the list of games I'd like to play this year!

9 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

Hey, welcome to the forest. It's good to see another literature enthusiant, illustrator, and Mila fan here.

That is quite a lot we have in common - I hope to see you around the forums!

Welcome to Airport 1001. Please remember to wake that slugabed up.

How many FE games have you played?

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Welcome to Airport 1001. Please remember to wake that slugabed up.

How many FE games have you played?

Hi!

I've played Awakening, Fates (Birthright. Need to get my hands on Conquest), Echoes and Three Houses. I've played a bit of Sacred Stones on 3DS, but I'd like to play it physically.

I'm looking forward to playing some of the older games!

Also, thanks for teaching me a new word. Slugabed!

I've played Awakening, Fates (Birthright. Need to get my hands on Conquest), Echoes and Three Houses. I've played a bit of Sacred Stones on 3DS, but I'd like to play it physically.

When you say you need to get Conquest, was it because you played someone else's copy of Fates, or you need to download it?

Also, thanks for teaching me a new word. Slugabed!

I learned it from Fates, actually; iirc, it's used in the very early portion of the game. But more so, it's used in a random event when you visit the private quarters after you marry someone else.

Edited by Shadow Mir

My FE7 recommendation is to play it twice, since after you finish it the first time, you'll unlock Hector mode. It has some cool and exclusive characters, like Farina! If you like the animations in FE7, FE8 Sacred Stones is also in that style and is a good time.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here, we're happy to have you 🙂

1 hour ago, Solvaij said:

My FE7 recommendation is to play it twice, since after you finish it the first time, you'll unlock Hector mode. It has some cool and exclusive characters, like Farina! If you like the animations in FE7, FE8 Sacred Stones is also in that style and is a good time.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here, we're happy to have you 🙂

Thanks for the recommendation! I’m so excited to finally be able to play this game. I hope it arrives soon! 

It’s lovely to meet you 🙂

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

When you say you need to get Conquest, was it because you played someone else's copy of Fates, or you need to download it?

I swear I responded to this earlier! I must not have posted it.. 

I haven’t played Conquest yet! I’ve been holding out until I pick up a physical copy.

5 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

For FE7 please keep Rebecca alive 🙂

Hope you enjoy your stay in the forest!

Rebecca looks like a fun character! I’ll do my best 😉

Oh BTW, at one point you should play FE6, it's actually quite hard thought it eases into the lategame, but earlygame FE6 is so thought provoking for that perfect first turn, I think you'll enjoy it!

7 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Oh BTW, at one point you should play FE6, it's actually quite hard thought it eases into the lategame, but earlygame FE6 is so thought provoking for that perfect first turn, I think you'll enjoy it!

I’m definitely gonna! All three GBA games are high priority for me

Welcome to the Forest! If you're going to play Blazing Blade, some of my favorite characters gameplay-wise are Karel, Louise, Hawkeye, Canas, Hector, Oswin, and Florina. Some great units you get early on, some mid-game, while others are late game pre-promotes.