Just got the best game ever working on my snes

Whitfield1999

23 minutes ago, Whitfield1999 said:

I got it for about 35 dollars off ebay + shipping

dang, I remember getting mine for like $10 back in '14

----

so, how did you get the plastic tabs out?

I sawed mine out

32 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

dang, I remember getting mine for like $10 back in '14

----

so, how did you get the plastic tabs out?

I sawed mine out

For me I just got a pair of needle nose pliers and wiggled them out. Then I used a hand file to sand it down a bit.

27 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Very nice!! Bet it looks great on that TV, too

Looks freakin amazing, on book 2 chapter 3 right now, but i'm not even that frustrated with it. Maybe the pleasure of playing fire emblem on OG hardware is overwriting the pain of chapter 3 lol.

great purchase!

incidentally, i also bought a physical copy of Mystery in the last months, along with the Official Guidebook, for a total of 40€ (around 44$)
they both were in very good conditions, and the guidebook is really lovely, it contains hand drawings for every map, with arrows suggesting the best moves and everything you might need (i have no intention of reading it before i have finished the game)
there's also a really cool list of all the weapons contained in the game in the guidebook's last pages

one day i'll actually play Mystery, i just have to find some free time

anyway, have fun!

Edited by Yexin

2 hours ago, Whitfield1999 said:

For me I just got a pair of needle nose pliers and wiggled them out. Then I used a hand file to sand it down a bit.

That's what I did with mine too lol. I got a copy in Tokyo a few years back for super cheap plus a copy of New Mystery.

Congratulations! Enjoy your monumental trophy.

Am I allowed to brag about living in Japan? There's tonnes of shops selling old games dotted around the place. I could pick it up for practically nothing, you know, if I wanted to. Baka.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Am I allowed to brag about living in Japan? There's tonnes of shops selling old games dotted around the place. I could pick it up for practically nothing, you know, if I wanted to. Baka.

What are you up to over there, if I might ask? You wouldn't happen to be teaching English?

7 minutes ago, Solvaij said:

What are you up to over there, if I might ask? You wouldn't happen to be teaching English?

Well I'm unemployed right now due to the whole Corona virus thing. I'm just here to live with my girlfriend for a while. I am a tefl teacher by trade though. And I should be teaching online but the company am with seems have done a mass over hiring because they haven't given me any lessons yet.

32 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well I'm unemployed right now due to the whole Corona virus thing. I'm just here to live with my girlfriend for a while. I am a tefl teacher by trade though. And I should be teaching online but the company am with seems have done a mass over hiring because they haven't given me any lessons yet.

That's a real bummer, sorry to hear it. I've wondered how those tefl jobs/programs have been affected by COVID, and unsurprisingly, it sounds rough. Probably it's nice to at least be with someone though, and to be chillin in Japan. I remember being stunned by the scenery all the time.

Edited by Solvaij

2 hours ago, Solvaij said:

That's a real bummer, sorry to hear it. I've wondered how those tefl jobs/programs have been affected by COVID, and unsurprisingly, it sounds rough. Probably it's nice to at least be with someone though, and to be chillin in Japan. I remember being stunned by the scenery all the time.

Well I just got a grand off the government which is pretty damn sweet.

Edited by Jotari