Would you like to see FE themed avatars added to the Nintendo Switch?

twilit

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised this is not a thing yet, considering how popular FE has become in the past several years to the extent of becoming one of Nintendo's main series of games (especially with 3H being so popular; 2.87 billion sales before its first anniversary). But would you like to see FE avatars added to the Switch's home menu/profile system and if so, who would you add?

not particularly interested, i don't intend to change my Pyra avatar anytime soon

Edited by Yexin

I definitely would like that! I can't believe the selection is as limited as it is, really. Especially considering how starved the overall user interface experience is for expression of individuality.

I could see any of the Three Houses characters as a no-brainer. I doubt they would want to add too many from past games as not to flood the selection with FE characters!

I would like to see icons for at least Marth, Anna and the Three Houses protagonists but considering they don't even have Pokemon icons I just don't see it happening especially since they can't even be bothered to have customization for background themes and stuff.

I wouldn't mind, as long as they don't go overboard. I was actually surprised by the lack of Marth and the Three Houses protagonists, but that's around the number I'm expecting for Fire Emblem characters. I haven't changed my avatar since I got my switch, so I may need to recheck to see how many characters other franchises have.

It's not something I *need*, but I definitely think it would be nice as an option. Seriously, it can't be that hard to crop some nice-looking images. Plus the FE series is well represented on the Nintendo Switch.

Then again, we're talking about the same Nintendo that still doesn't offer home menu themes, even though the 3DS has them in spades o__o

Yeah, they haven't been rolling those out as fast as you might think. It's just dropping in a png of some official character artwork. You can even compress the image if you're worried about taking up space on the switch's hardrive, since the largest you'll see the image is about 15% of the screen. For years I've been saying they should just have all the smash bros character select artwork, since that's the best render for most of those characters. Sometimes it just takes time. I think the Splatoon 2 icons took nearly a year to show up (splatoon 1 pictures did exist, however).

The only character portrait I would consider for my profile is Kliff from FE2.

I'd like to see them (even though I don't think I'll be changing mine from lil Judd any time soon, lol). I'm surprised there aren't at least the main characters of 3H by now considering how well it did.

I'd very much like something. I don't want to stick with my Mii. To put it quite bluntly, I'm rather flabbergasted there's nothing from FE or even Smash; they couldn't even at the very least give us each of the series icons used in Smash. Melee Battlefield icon, anyone? Those alone would give us more variety, and they'd hardly take any space at all.

Switch's home page and profile icons need major design changes imo. Why was the 3DS so much more customizable and this isn't?

9 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Switch's home page and profile icons need major design changes imo. Why was the 3DS so much more customizable and this isn't?

True. The 3DS has many more options without anything even being done to the console.

Even more if you know your way around some homebrew. Custom FE system themes? Yes, please!

I'd absolutely want some FE-themed avatars for the Switch. I wouldn't want them to go so overboard that the general Nintendo fanbase complains about "too much FE" as they've taken to doing, but there's definitely a few characters that should be there. Marth, Lyn, Ike, Roy, the Robins, and Lucina for pre-Three Houses avatars, and Dimitri, Claude, Edelgard, and the Byleths for modern TH ones.

On 5/28/2020 at 6:19 AM, twilitfalchion said:

True. The 3DS has many more options without anything even being done to the console.

Even more if you know your way around some homebrew. Custom FE system themes? Yes, please!

Custom system themes should be bread and butter at this point. It would be really cool to have it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I don't get why this isn't already a thing. At the very least, I expected Three Houses to get some. But there are none. I don't understand why. Same with Pokemon ones. There aren't any for that franchise either. Freaking POKEMON.

Edited by Anacybele

My entire househeld uses Legend of Zelda avatars, just because they're the only cool ones available. I really want to change that. My opinion of the Zelda franchise has always been middling (much higher than my opinion of Pokemon, Animal Crossing, or Star Fox, but lower than say Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, or 3D Mario).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

• 6 months later...