Who should use these weapons?

Jotari

So a while back I made a thread with all the legendary or noteable weapons in the series that don't have prf or associated user to speculate (or some who have multiple potential users) on who would wield them. Since then some units like the Sol Lance have been put in the game, other units like Travant have been included meaning Areone is the only real candidate for Gungnir, so I thought now would be a good time to revisit the remaining ones. The list is as follows

*Starlight

*Astra Bow

*Astra Lance (only a lance in Gaiden so probably retconned out of existence)

*Luna Lance  (unlike Astra, was also a lance in Awakening, so still a chance this exists)

*Sol Sword

*Vengeance Axe

*Lady Blade

*Helswath

*Yewfelle

*Beo Sword

*Blagi's Sword

*Aureola

*Apocalypse (Braimmon shockingly isn't using this weapon even though his profile pretty much says he is)

*Rex Hasta

*Rienfleche

*Luce

*Gespent

*Wishblade

*Double Bow

*Baselard

*Matrona

*Ashera's Staff

*Balberith

*Goetia

*Hagakure Blade

*Waterwheel

*Aurgelmir

*Pursuer

*Chakram

*Sword of Seiros

*Spear of Assal

*The Inexhaustible

*Thatlum Bow

*Axe of Ukonvasara

That list I copy and pasted from the old thread removing the stuff I saw that has since been added. In case I missed anything do notify me. And if anyone else has any suggestions for weapons without associated users then do say. There's probably some more Three Houses Weapons that fall into the multiple potential users category, I mainly just chose the one's that come from the saints (except Claude's sword as he's the only one with that crest I believe, though wether they'll give him a sword alt just to include that particular sword is up for debate, and wether they'd give the sword to someone who doesn't have an associated crest is also possible). Three Houses also has some magic with multiple potential users but a lot of the magic uses characters I can't be assed finding out how to type on my keyboard.

Also just remembered these more that aren't quite legendary but are expected at some point to fullfill the patterns.

*Venin Axe

*Venin Lance

*Venin Bow

*Master Axe (or whatever that is in German)

*Master Lance (or whatever that is in Deutsch)

Edited by Jotari

What seem like clear choices (or just wishful thinking) to me:

Spoiler

*Lady Blade - Emma (cipher original)
*Aureola - Saint Elimine / Yodel
*Apocalypse - Niime
*Rex Hasta - Darin (marquess Laus)
*Rienfleche - Uhai
*Luce - Kenneth
*Wishblade - Levail
*Double Bow -  Shinon
*Baselard - Heather
*Matrona - Lekain
*Ashera's Staff - Sephiran
*Balberith - Izuka
*Sword of Seiros - Seiros
*Spear of Assal - Cichol
*The Inexhaustible - Leonie
*Axe of Ukonvasara - Lorenz

Alright, I'll try and hazard some guesses (I'm going to avoid Cipher/other side media because it isn't in until it is (See TMS))

Spoiler

*Starlight - Either a Linde alt, Wendell, Gotoh or one of the healers not in the game yet (I would go for it for sure if Lena got it)

*Astra Bow - Options are Noire, Basilio and maybe some boss or other.

*Luna Lance - I doubt it honestly because Luna Bow, If they did this for Awakening, we still haven't gotten Kellam. Sumia or Cynthia could get it as a refine. There's also Apotheosis Anna for the laugh.

*Sol Sword - I want more Gregor. Say'ri could also be a choice, but there's also Amatsu as an option for her. Anna, Severa and Inigo also are options. Olivia could get a refine.

*Vengeance Axe - Vaike's still out there, but Libra or Gerome could get it as a refine. Alternatively, Flavia for Sol Sword and Basilio for Vengeance Axe.

*Lady Blade - Midia maybe? Palla alt? Another bloody Caeda sword alt? There's other options like Cecille too.

*Helswath - Probably not until a Genealogy remake and one of Langbolt or his grandkids (Burian being best bet, but one of the Jo bros might instead.).

*Yewfelle - I'd guess Brigged and Faval will get it in some form.

*Beo Sword - I'm going to propose Fergus gets this....

*Blagi's Sword - While Diarmuid gets this.

*Aureola - Mythic Elimine seemed the easiest bet before Bramimond, but she might get Saint's staff and one of the BB bishops end up with Aureola (Or the other way around). Athos if they want me to flip a table.

*Apocalypse - I'm going to suppose Nimue's the best bet now.

*Rex Hasta- Oswin, Wallace, one of the cavs (None are in the game yet- Wait, that's actually true. Same with BB. Weird. Also outside bets.), Farina (I'd bet on her being an easy pick unless she gets a merc-styled weapon), Heath/Fiora refine, Vaida (Could see getting an Uber Spear in some form), 

*Rienfleche- Rath refine, Uhai, Wil (PFFHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA), Geitz, Louise- It's gonna be regular Louise isn't it?

*Luce- Renault is the only non-alt left aside from Athos. Serra and Lucius alts are a thing.

*Gespent - I want this to be a Canas refine so badly. There's also literally no other easy option it was on a generic. They give it to Sonia and I riot.

*Latona - Calling it now Moulder gets nothing and Natasha gets this. Saleh and Knoll will likely get tomes.

*Vague Katti - Stefan's a safe bet, with Lucia, Zihark and Meg (To troll with a high stat armour) also maybes. Makalov, Marcia, Tanith, Keiran and Renning are also a thing.

*Wishblade - Nephenee's gone, so we've got some picks. Aran, Tauroneo, Fiona, Marcia, Geoffrey, Devdan, Danved, Gatrie, Regular Tanith, Sigrun (refine), Astrid, Bryce, I just don't know, but I suspect a Daein unit.

*Double Bow- Shinon's the best bet (though he could get SIlencer actually), but aside from him they could say Astrid, Rolf will likely get his bow, Leonardo has best bow name, Geoffrey could also be considered. It's possible one of these gets an Arbalest actually. 

*Baselard- Volke, as Sothe took the Peshkatz. There's also Heather, but I see her getting a weapon with her name on it.

*The Rex weapons- Regular Ilyana for bolt, Bastian for caliber, Tormod for flame and Rhys for aura.

*Matrona/Ashera's Staff - Well there's almost certainly one of these going to L!Michiah, calling it now. Other bets include Rhys (Probably not), Laura (Also a remote bet), L!Elincia, Bastain (Definitely a back runner) and Sephrian (I'm going to guess he'll just get his tome). If we get refines Mist could be a thing, 

*Balberith - Pelleas. Okay, Izuka could be it as well, so it's a 2 horse race unless they just give it to Michiah.

*Goetia - Maybe Laurant gets it? /s In all seriousness Validar could get it because Morgan took his tome.

*Hagakure Blade- I think it'll be Sumeragi. It could also be Fuga or Hisa- I couldn't even finish, Hisame's only likely to get in after heat death.

*Waterwheel - If Oboro hadn't gotten a refine I'd say her. Caeldori, Reina or Mozu are some easy picks. Azura could get it as a refine too.

*Aurgelmir- Hans. Seems to be the easiest bet. Charlotte and Percy are also considerations, but still.

*Pursuer- I'd suspect Kiragi, Setsuna or Reina. Shura and Yukimura are both possible, but I still have my doubts

*Chakram- Asugi seems to be a possible one. Kaze could get it as a refine. Shura and Yukimura are both possible, but I still have my doubts

(All war phase for 3H by the way)

*Sword of Seiros- I think it'll be Mythic Seiros. Sword!Edelgard could also be a thing to cause rage.

*Spear of Assal- Let Seteth have it, please? Ways to make me cry include Ferdinand refine, Leonie, Cyril or Dedue

*Sword of Begalta- Claude and Ignatz are the easiest options.

*Sword of Moralta- War Felix, saying it now.

*Sword of Zoltan- Petra seems the easiest bet.

*Arrow of Indra? - A maybe, but someone with a bit of magic leaning like Lorenz could get this weapon. Just a thought.

*Axe of Ukonvasara- Alois? Caspar? Dedue? Sylvain? Raphael? Gilbert? Not a notion. Didn't have much for the others, but even less here.

*Axe of Zoltan- Similar to Ukonvasara actually.

*The Inexhaustible- Leonie, Bernadetta and Ignatz are easy enough suggestions.

*Thatlum Bow- I'd guess this is more likely to be kingdom, so Mercedes, Ashe and Felix

*Bow of Zoltan- Same as other two, maybe add Cyril, Shamir and Petra as options. (Hell, sword for Petra, Axe for Cyril, Bow for Shamir.)

*Agnea's Arrow- Calling it, Rhea gets it as a colourless tome.

*Abraxas- Annette/Lysithea alts or Constance.

*Master Axe- I mean, we've got some options still. I could see Halvan getting it actually in reference to the event (unless they just give the regular Brave Axe), Galzus and Xavier have it, Dagdar would be unlikely unless the fandom manages to convince them

*Master Lance- Finn refine please? Comomool (RIP Conomore) has it as well, but Finn seems more likely to me.

Kempf got the sword, so who are some boss options?

*Venin Axe- I feel a villain like Caellach will end up getting something else, but certainly possible. I feel it'll be a brigand boss (Not Brigand Boss) like Gomez, Jamke's brothers or someone like that. Or they give it to Jan as part of a Not a Bad Guy banner.

*Venin Lance- Actually, who could use it who's a halfway relevant villain? No, Darin doesn't count. Fell!Finn would be a fun one, but an actual decent option? Maybe Gale or a villain like Jiol or Ludveck. Valter would be an easy pick if he wasn't in already.

*Venin Bow- Pretty hard. Maybe someone like Denning or Candace?

I added some I happened to remember. Then 3H happened and after remembering some checked and found more.

Edit: Added master and venin weapons

Edited by Dayni

I don't think I saw the Latona staff on the list but I would still like to see a L'Arachel alt using it in Heroes assuming they are not saving it for Brave Eirika or even any of Natasha, Moulder, possibly even Artur.

I still think Gotoh should be the one who wields Starlight in Heroes since he made the tome but considering they couldn't be bothered to have Bramimond use Apocalypse I'm kind of just expecting them to have Nyna (despite having no connection to Starlight) wield it at this point since she is one of the few notable missing characters from Archanea that could use magic.

Aureola I could see going to Athos if they are not giving him some variant of Forblaze, Aurgelmir could go to Charlotte or Hans, Sword of Seiros will probably be used by Seiros herself or Brave Edelgard and I don't see Spear of Assal going to anyone but Seteth since Ferdinand didn't come with it.

I'm only gonna poke my head in a couple of these.

Starlight - Michalis, obviously!  😛  On a more serious note, I'd expect this on a Linde alt.
Lady Blade - Uh, maybe Cecille?  She was the third wheel and a sword horse.
Aureola - Elimine as a Mythic.
Rex Hasta - Would love to see it on Oswin, but may wind up on an Eliwood/Hector alt.
Rienfleche - WIL.
Luce - Lucius alt that wields tomes.
Gespent - Canas, when he gets his personal weapon.  I hope.
Double Bow - Shinon or riot.
Sword of Seiros - Rhea alt.
The rest of the Venin weapons - three villains who can use them, I suppose

I'll give my opinions on some of these!

Spoiler

Helswath - Even though it obviously doesn't happen in FE4, it would be pretty cool to see Lex with the Helswath.  Chances are that Langbart will get it, if anybody.

Yewfelle - I think Brigid will probably get it first.  Faval is possible, but FEH has a huge preference towards pretty women.  Chances are, Brigid would sell better than Faval.

Beo Sword - Either Beowulf or Dermott.  I'm not sure who would get in the game first, neither of them are super popular characters, at least to my knowledge.

Aureola - I originally thought Athos would get Forblaze, but with Lilina getting it he has a chance of Aureola.  I wouldn't be surprised if he got some type of "Elder Forblaze" or even "Blazing Forblaze", as silly as it sounds.

Rienfleche - I was surprised that Rath didn't get this, so I've theorized that Louise might.  I hope it's one of those brave weapons that give -2 Spd, referring to it's mistaken description saying that "it can strike consecutively".

Double Bow - It's gotta be Shinon.  Like, who else would use it?  Rolf?  Nah.  Shinon's gotta have the Double Bow.

Baselard - With Sothe getting Peshkatz, I'd have to guess either Volke or Heather would get Baselard.  If I had to choose between the two, Volke is probably more likely, and I think the guy deserves it.

Matrona - As much as I don't really want it, I'm sure that we'll eventually get a Legendary Micaiah, and chances are she'll be a staff unit with Matrona.  And on top of that, I bet they'll find a way to still make it effective against armors and cavalry units.

Pursuer - I know it won't happen, but getting Pursuer as a Setsuna refine would be so cool.  I can't think of anyone else that would really use it, besides maybe Reina?

Spear of Assal - My man Seteth better get this one.  I can't think of any other good candidates besides him.

Master Axe/Lance - I think that Xavier or even Hannibal would be a good candidate for either of these!

Starlight should absolutely go on a Legendary Hero alt for Linde. I'm thinking Starlight's functionality should be something like... Built-in Lull Res 3, plus completely bypassing all "Reduce damage taken by X%" skills and blocking any defensive Specials the opponent has from activating. ...I may or may not want this hypothetical Legendary Linde kind of a lot

I've always sorta associated the Ladyblade with Cecil, so I'd make that her special weapon should she get in. I kinda also want a Priestess Mae alt with it, too, though.

Yewfelle should clearly go to Brigid and Febail when they eventually make it in somehow.

Rienfleche? Grand Hero Uhai baby

Things like the Meisterlanze and Meisteraxt, the various skill-themed weapons... are a bit harder to place, because they don't really have the sorts of clear character associations the legendary weapons do. I'd both love and hate to see the Meisteraxt go to Dalsin, though... I know it'd be broken as hell but I kind of just want to see the world burn and have a Meisterwaffe + Distant/Close Counter + Vengeful Fighter build be doable anyway

Edited by Topaz Light

8 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I still think Gotoh should be the one who wields Starlight in Heroes since he made the tome but considering they couldn't be bothered to have Bramimond use Apocalypse I'm kind of just expecting them to have Nyna (despite having no connection to Starlight) wield it at this point since she is one of the few notable missing characters from Archanea that could use magic.

*cries in Wendell*

4 hours ago, CWGameplay said:

Double Bow - It's gotta be Shinon.  Like, who else would use it?  Rolf?  Nah.  Shinon's gotta have the Double Bow.

Astrid! Shinon already has a personal bow.

Starlight - I can't imagine it on anyone but Linde tbh. If not her, Gotoh would be my pick.

Astra Bow - Gordin or his brother

Sol Sword - Didn't Dew have a similar sword or am I completely misremembering? NEVERMIND looked it up and saw that Sol was his skill, not his Sword. Say'ri is a good candidate for this sword as well.

Lady Blade - Can't imagine it on anyone but Cecille or Phina. Since Phina got the Rapier, I guess Cecille gets the Lady Blade.

Beo Sword - Beowulf... Like the sword is named after him.

Braggi Sword - Lene or Silvia alts.

Luce - Lucius or Serra alt

Gespent - Canas

Aureola - Athos?

Rienfleche - thought it would go to Rath, Louise seems like a choice now.

Latona - See this going to a L'arachel alt or Natasha over Moulder. Arthur is also a decent pick.

Baselard - Volke

Matrona - thought Micaiah would've already had this tbh. If not her, I can see this going to Laura or Rhys

Sword of Seiros - Seiros

Spear of Assal - Seteth

The Inexhaustible - Leonie

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Starlight - I can't imagine it on anyone but Linde tbh. If not her, Gotoh would be my pick.

Astra Bow - Gordin or his brother

Sol Sword - Didn't Dew have a similar sword or am I completely misremembering? NEVERMIND looked it up and saw that Sol was his skill, not his Sword. Say'ri is a good candidate for this sword as well.

Lady Blade - Can't imagine it on anyone but Cecille or Phina. Since Phina got the Rapier, I guess Cecille gets the Lady Blade.

Beo Sword - Beowulf... Like the sword is named after him.

Braggi Sword - Lene or Silvia alts.

Luce - Lucius or Serra alt

Gespent - Canas

Aureola - Athos?

Rienfleche - thought it would go to Rath, Louise seems like a choice now.

Latona - See this going to a L'arachel alt or Natasha over Moulder. Arthur is also a decent pick.

Baselard - Volke

Matrona - thought Micaiah would've already had this tbh. If not her, I can see this going to Laura or Rhys

Sword of Seiros - Seiros

Spear of Assal - Seteth

The Inexhaustible - Leonie

Wouldn't object at all to Due getting the Sol Sword. It's not from his game, but that wouldn't be the weirdest thing ever.

46 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Wouldn't object at all to Due getting the Sol Sword. It's not from his game, but that wouldn't be the weirdest thing ever.

Too bad the likelihood of Due/Deu/Dew getting in is small. Patty will probably get it instead if it's going to a Genealogy thief, since I don't know how they would implement a Sleep Sword. (unless they change to meta to include more status conditions... which may make things more interesting imo).

I think the reason why I thought he had a sword of that name is because wasn't his skill named Sun Sword or something similar in an old patch? I usually play the old, glitchy patch. It's been a while, but it may be time for me to start another Genealogy run.

I am going to try and avoid alts whose sole reason for existing is to have the weapon specified. All Alts included in this list will have a reason for them being alts.

Spoiler

*Starlight

The answer I want to give is Yubello, but I am probably one of the only people who had a Yubello use that

More serious answer being:

Gotoh

*Astra Bow

Noire (original version)

Palla (Echoes/Gaiden version)

I will note that this would parallel her sister Catria, whose Echoes/Gaiden version got and Astra Sword, which makes me think they might not care if it is retconned of not.

*Luna Lance  (unlike Astra, was also a lance in Awakening, so still a chance this exists)

Mycen

*Sol Sword

Gregor

*Vengeance Axe

Basilio

*Lady Blade

Cecille

*Helswath

Lord Langobalt

*Yewfelle

Bridget

*Beo Sword

Fergus

*Blagi's Sword

Brave Leif

...I can dream can't I?

*Aureola

Yoder

*Apocalypse (Braimmon shockingly isn't using this weapon even though his profile pretty much says he is)

Niime

*Rex Hasta

Darin

*Rienfleche

Uhai

*Luce

Kenneth

*Gespent

Time for an entry out of left field to avoid unlikely alts

Ephidel

*Wishblade

Bryce

*Double Bow

Shinon

*Baselard

Volke

*Matrona

Hetzel

*Ashera's Staff

My Joke answer is Ashera, but for a more serious one

Sephiran

*Balberith

Pelleas

*Goetia

Validar

*Hagakure Blade

Sumeragi

*Waterwheel

Caeldori

I would have rather it been one of the spear fighters (as Spear Master is the S rank spear class), but both are already in, and it is possible for her to inherit it from an Oboro mother...

*Aurgelmir

Hans

*Pursuer

Fallen Mikoto

*Chakram

Kotaro

*Sword of Seiros

Rhea

*Spear of Assal

Seteth

*The Inexhaustible

Hanneman

*Thatlum Bow

I am tempted to make a joke based on the Thatlum lance from TMS:FE#, but instead

Jeritza

yeah its not the best fit, but I feek like it should be one of the Lamine Crest holders that uses it, and Mercedes is already in the game.

*Axe of Ukonvasara

Lorenz

The Venin weapons I went by two ideas when deciding, first these are generally enemy only weapons, and usually wielded by generics, so I went with enemies that felt venomous enough to feel appropriate for such a weapon

*Venin Axe

Caellach

*Venin Lance

Sigune

Note I am talking about the Falcon Knight boss from the Binding Blade

*Venin Bow

Monke

Xavier

Conomore

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am going to try and avoid alts whose sole reason for existing is to have the weapon specified. All Alts included in this list will have a reason for them being alts.

Hide contents

*Starlight

The answer I want to give is Yubello, but I am probably one of the only people who had a Yubello use that

More serious answer being:

Gotoh

*Astra Bow

Noire (original version)

Palla (Echoes/Gaiden version)

I will note that this would parallel her sister Catria, whose Echoes/Gaiden version got and Astra Sword, which makes me think they might not care if it is retconned of not.

Mycen

*Sol Sword

Gregor

*Vengeance Axe

Basilio

*Lady Blade

Cecille

*Helswath

Lord Langobalt

*Yewfelle

Bridget

*Beo Sword

Fergus

*Blagi's Sword

Brave Leif

...I can dream can't I?

*Aureola

Yoder

Niime

*Rex Hasta

Darin

*Rienfleche

Uhai

*Luce

Kenneth

*Gespent

Time for an entry out of left field to avoid unlikely alts

Ephidel

*Wishblade

Bryce

*Double Bow

Shinon

*Baselard

Volke

*Matrona

Hetzel

*Ashera's Staff

My Joke answer is Ashera, but for a more serious one

Sephiran

*Balberith

Pelleas

*Goetia

Validar

*Hagakure Blade

Sumeragi

*Waterwheel

Caeldori

I would have rather it been one of the spear fighters (as Spear Master is the S rank spear class), but both are already in, and it is possible for her to inherit it from an Oboro mother...

*Aurgelmir

Hans

*Pursuer

Fallen Mikoto

*Chakram

Kotaro

*Sword of Seiros

Rhea

*Spear of Assal

Seteth

*The Inexhaustible

Hanneman

*Thatlum Bow

I am tempted to make a joke based on the Thatlum lance from TMS:FE#, but instead

Jeritza

yeah its not the best fit, but I feek like it should be one of the Lamine Crest holders that uses it, and Mercedes is already in the game.

*Axe of Ukonvasara

Lorenz

The Venin weapons I went by two ideas when deciding, first these are generally enemy only weapons, and usually wielded by generics, so I went with enemies that felt venomous enough to feel appropriate for such a weapon

*Venin Axe

Caellach

*Venin Lance

Sigune

Note I am talking about the Falcon Knight boss from the Binding Blade

*Venin Bow

Monke

Xavier

Conomore

Jeritza coming as a mounted archer would a bit "uh, what?" considering he doesn't lean that way at all in Three Houses (in fact, his most noteworthy trait is being the only playable unit with Distant Counter, that DLC item aside), but I'd actually be down for it. His associated weapon is already in the game under his Death Knight alias so might as well use it instead of inventing something new.

On 5/27/2020 at 10:20 PM, Dayni said:

Alright, I'll try and hazard some guesses (I'm going to avoid Cipher/other side media because it isn't in until it is (See TMS))

Hide contents

*Starlight - Either a Linde alt, Wendell, Gotoh or one of the healers not in the game yet (I would go for it for sure if Lena got it)

*Astra Bow - Options are Noire, Basilio and maybe some boss or other.

*Luna Lance - I doubt it honestly because Luna Bow, If they did this for Awakening, we still haven't gotten Kellam. Sumia or Cynthia could get it as a refine. There's also Apotheosis Anna for the laugh.

*Sol Sword - I want more Gregor. Say'ri could also be a choice, but there's also Amatsu as an option for her. Anna, Severa and Inigo also are options. Olivia could get a refine.

*Vengeance Axe - Vaike's still out there, but Libra or Gerome could get it as a refine. Alternatively, Flavia for Sol Sword and Basilio for Vengeance Axe.

*Lady Blade - Midia maybe? Palla alt? Another bloody Caeda sword alt? There's other options like Cecille too.

*Helswath - Probably not until a Genealogy remake and one of Langbolt or his grandkids (Burian being best bet, but one of the Jo bros might instead.).

*Yewfelle - I'd guess Brigged and Faval will get it in some form.

*Beo Sword - I'm going to propose Fergus gets this....

*Blagi's Sword - While Diarmuid gets this.

*Aureola - Mythic Elimine seemed the easiest bet before Bramimond, but she might get Saint's staff and one of the BB bishops end up with Aureola (Or the other way around). Athos if they want me to flip a table.

*Apocalypse - I'm going to suppose Nimue's the best bet now.

*Rex Hasta- Oswin, Wallace, one of the cavs (None are in the game yet- Wait, that's actually true. Same with BB. Weird. Also outside bets.), Farina (I'd bet on her being an easy pick unless she gets a merc-styled weapon), Heath/Fiora refine, Vaida (Could see getting an Uber Spear in some form), 

*Rienfleche- Rath refine, Uhai, Wil (PFFHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA), Geitz, Louise- It's gonna be regular Louise isn't it?

*Luce- Renault is the only non-alt left aside from Athos. Serra and Lucius alts are a thing.

*Gespent - I want this to be a Canas refine so badly. There's also literally no other easy option it was on a generic. They give it to Sonia and I riot.

*Latona - Calling it now Moulder gets nothing and Natasha gets this. Saleh and Knoll will likely get tomes.

*Vague Katti - Stefan's a safe bet, with Lucia, Zihark and Meg (To troll with a high stat armour) also maybes. Makalov, Marcia, Tanith, Keiran ans Renning are also a thing.

*Wishblade - Nephenee's gone, so we've got some picks. Aran, Tauroneo, Fiona, Marcia, Geoffrey, Devdan, Danved, Gatrie, Regular Tanith, Sigrun (refine), Astrid, Bryce, I just don't know, but I suspect a Daein unit.

*Double Bow- Shinon's the best bet (though he could get SIlencer actually), but aside from him they could say Astrid, Rolf will likely get his bow, Leonardo has best bow name, Geoffrey could also be considered. It's possible one of these gets an Arbalest actually. 

*Baselard- Volke, as Sothe took the Peshkatz. There's also Heather, but I see her getting a weapon with her name on it.

*The Rex weapons- Regular Ilyana for bolt, Bastian for caliber, Tormod for flame and Rhys for aura.

*Matrona/Ashera's Staff - Well there's almost certainly one of these going to L!Michiah, calling it now. Other bets include Rhys (Probably not), Laura (Also a remote bet), L!Elincia, Bastain (Definitely a back runner) and Sephrian (I'm going to guess he'll just get his tome). If we get refines Mist could be a thing, 

*Balberith - Pelleas. Okay, Izuka could be it as well, so it's a 2 horse race unless they just give it to Michiah.

*Goetia - Maybe Laurant gets it? /s In all seriousness Validar could get it because Morgan took his tome.

*Hagakure Blade- I think it'll be Sumeragi. It could also be Fuga or Hisa- I couldn't even finish, Hisame's only likely to get in after heat death.

*Waterwheel - If Oboro hadn't gotten a refine I'd say her. Caeldori, Reina or Mozu are some easy picks. Azura could get it as a refine too.

*Aurgelmir- Hans. Seems to be the easiest bet. Charlotte and Percy are also considerations, but still.

*Pursuer- I'd suspect Kiragi, Setsuna or Reina. Shura and Yukimura are both possible, but I still have my doubts

*Chakram- Asugi seems to be a possible one. Kaze could get it as a refine. Shura and Yukimura are both possible, but I still have my doubts

(All war phase for 3H by the way)

*Sword of Seiros- I think it'll be Mythic Seiros. Sword!Edelgard could also be a thing to cause rage.

*Spear of Assal- Let Seteth have it, please? Ways to make me cry include Ferdinand refine, Leonie, Cyril or Dedue

*Sword of Begalta- Claude and Ignatz are the easiest options.

*Sword of Moralta- War Felix, saying it now.

*Sword of Zoltan- Petra seems the easiest bet.

*Arrow of Indra? - A maybe, but someone with a bit of magic leaning like Lorenz could get this weapon. Just a thought.

*Axe of Ukonvasara- Alois? Caspar? Dedue? Sylvain? Raphael? Gilbert? Not a notion. Didn't have much for the others, but even less here.

*Axe of Zoltan- Similar to Ukonvasara actually.

*The Inexhaustible- Leonie, Bernadetta and Ignatz are easy enough suggestions.

*Thatlum Bow- I'd guess this is more likely to be kingdom, so Mercedes, Ashe and Felix

*Bow of Zoltan- Same as other two, maybe add Cyril, Shamir and Petra as options. (Hell, sword for Petra, Axe for Cyril, Bow for Shamir.)

*Agnea's Arrow- Calling it, Rhea gets it as a colourless tome.

*Abraxas- Annette/Lysithea alts or Constance.

I added some I happened to remember. Then 3H happened and after remembering some checked and found more.

I can see the logic for Laurenz for Arrow of Indra, however, counter suggestion, given it is pointedly an Agrathan Weapon, Lord Aurendel.

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I can see the logic for Laurenz for Arrow of Indra, however, counter suggestion, given it is pointedly an Agrathan Weapon, Lord Aurendel.

True, true, I'd forgotten he technically counted too.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

True, true, I'd forgotten he technically counted too.

He doesn't actually use a spear in Azure Moon (the only route where he takes to the field), but he is a Dark Knight which is a class that's proficient in lances. So I think it suits. If not him or any of the Agrathans, I think I'd rather a Crimson Flower unit as they have the whole Agarthan alliance. Though no one from there really jumps out at me except possibly another option for Jeritza. It would reflect how his class can use magic, even though he's not proficient in it at all.

Edited by Jotari

Starlight should go on Gotoh. Or a Linde alt. Or both. I want another Linde alt.

Swanchika on Langobalt. We need more manly beards in this game.

Ichii-val on Brigid because I have a first-gen bias.

Aureola on Elimine.

Apocalypse will obviously go on a Bramimond alt after they figure out how to animate it.

Rex Hasta I'd like to see on Oswin. Failing that, on Marcus. But Uther would be the best.

Rienfleche should go on Uhai. Failing that, Rath when he gets a refine in 10 years.

Luce can go on Renault or something, but I'd rather he be Azama 2.0 instead and Luce will just fall into the abyss.

Gespenst can go on Merlinus, as he's the only unit in the game with enough Con to use the weapon without losing Spd, even if he can't actually use it. It could also go on Canas, but I'd rather Canas get either Luna or Nosferatu instead.

Valfleche on Shinon.

Baselard on Volke.

Matrona on Legendary Micaiah.

Ashera Staff on Lehran in his Lehran form. Or I guess Sephiran can also have it, even if he's a tome unit. Shouldn't be a problem if it isn't inheritable.

Balberith on Pelleas.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Spoiler

*Starlight - Linde alt or Gotoh

*Sol Sword - Flavia

*Vengeance Axe - Basillio

*Lady Blade - Priestess Sonia? Andshe'd come with Flamberge as a Special?

*Yewfelle - Brigid and Febail. Though could both just use Yewfelle or Febail gets "Fabled Yewfele" or somesuch

*Beo Sword - Fergus

*Bragi's Sword - Probably a Leif alt

*Aureola - Mythic Elimine or Guinivere

*Apocalypse - I huess Niime is the only option left

*Rienfleche - Louise?

*Luce - Lucius alt

*Gespent - Canas refine

*Wishblade - Tauroneo? I feel like it should go to someone from Daein

*Double Bow - All of the Archer/Snipers already have personal bows, and most the Silver Knights focus on lances, so Astrid

*Baselard - Volke

*Matrona - Legendary Micaiah as Queen of Daein

*Ashera's Staff - Either Sepheran or Lehran. The one without the staff would use Creiddylad

*Balberith - Pelleas. Izuka should get something referencing his summoning

*Goetia - I guess Validar, or maybe Fallen M!Morgan

*Hagakure Blade - Sumeragi (and he should dual wield it)

*Aurgelmir - Hans

*Spear of Assal - Seteth

*The Inexhaustible - Leonie or Bernadetta

*Thatlum Bow - War phase Mercedes?

On 5/30/2020 at 2:18 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Gespenst can go on Merlinus, as he's the only unit in the game with enough Con to use the weapon without losing Spd, even if he can't actually use it. It could also go on Canas, but I'd rather Canas get either Luna or Nosferatu instead.

I could see Gespenst getting a Luna-styled effect honestly.

Considering as is it's just a powerful tome, the sky's arguably the limit.

On 5/30/2020 at 2:18 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Valfleche on Shinon.

Is the Double Bow called Valfleche in Japan?

Also, I only learned there was a Lance of Zoltan in the last week, so:

Lance of Zoltan: I wanted to keep to my theme of people from outside Fodlan taking these as Zoltan is internationally renowned in its wider world, but now I come to a dilemma. Dedue could be an option here similar to the Axe, while as for others I haven't said anything about we have Ferdinand (Which would fit as a reference to the paralogue it's found in), Leonie, Ashe, Flayn (For the laugh of course, there's no way).

50 minutes ago, Daysi said:

I could see Gespenst getting a Luna-styled effect honestly.

Considering as is it's just a powerful tome, the sky's arguably the limit.

Also, I only learned there was a Lance of Zoltan in the last week, so:

Lance of Zoltan: I wanted to keep to my theme of people from outside Fodlan taking these as Zoltan is internationally renowned in its wider world, but now I come to a dilemma. Dedue could be an option here similar to the Axe, while as for others I haven't said anything about we have Ferdinand (Which would fit as a reference to the paralogue it's found in), Leonie, Ashe, Flayn (For the laugh of course, there's no way).

Dedue is from Fodlan though. And as far as war phase Dedue goes, I'm hoping he gets his Crest Beast form. Though I suppose that could be on a fallen banner seperate to his regular War Phase alt (but I don't know if he's popular enough a character to get three variations).

1 hour ago, Mysterique Sign said:
  Hide contents

*Starlight - Linde alt or Gotoh

*Sol Sword - Flavia

*Vengeance Axe - Basillio

*Lady Blade - Priestess Sonia? Andshe'd come with Flamberge as a Special?

*Yewfelle - Brigid and Febail. Though could both just use Yewfelle or Febail gets "Fabled Yewfele" or somesuch

*Beo Sword - Fergus

*Bragi's Sword - Probably a Leif alt

*Aureola - Mythic Elimine or Guinivere

*Apocalypse - I huess Niime is the only option left

*Rienfleche - Louise?

*Luce - Lucius alt

*Gespent - Canas refine

*Wishblade - Tauroneo? I feel like it should go to someone from Daein

*Double Bow - All of the Archer/Snipers already have personal bows, and most the Silver Knights focus on lances, so Astrid

*Baselard - Volke

*Matrona - Legendary Micaiah as Queen of Daein

*Ashera's Staff - Either Sepheran or Lehran. The one without the staff would use Creiddylad

*Balberith - Pelleas. Izuka should get something referencing his summoning

*Goetia - I guess Validar, or maybe Fallen M!Morgan

*Hagakure Blade - Sumeragi (and he should dual wield it)

*Aurgelmir - Hans

*Spear of Assal - Seteth

*The Inexhaustible - Leonie or Bernadetta

*Thatlum Bow - War phase Mercedes?

I expect Sumeragi would get Ganglari. He does use it in battle and it is plot relevant. Though I suppose he could wield it with Hagakure. Brave weapon with Fury.

Edited by Jotari

18 hours ago, Daysi said:

Yes.

Path of Radiance's weapon localizations were... questionable at best. It honestly looks to me like half of the team couldn't read Japanese and only looked at the weapons' internal names and did their best from there.

Which would explain why Ettard's and Alondite's names were switched, and would probably explain the complete lack of effort put into Double Bow.

In case anyone was wondering, the Black Knight's weapon is called Ettard in Japanese, but had the internal name of ALONDITE and was localized as Alondite in English. When Radiant Dawn then added a weapon named Arondight in Japanese, the localization team gave it the name Ettard (just like what they did years later with Leo and Leon).

Double Bow is called Valfleche in Japanese, but had the internal name of LONGLONGBOW, presumably because they needed a placeholder name for it in the game files before the name was finalized.

But I say that only half of the team was incompetent because there had to have been at least one competent person in there to figure out Wishblade's name.

Wishblade is called Sehnsucht (German for "longing") in Japanese, but its internal name was ZANEZPHTE, which is an apparent jumble of characters, but would be pronounced the same as "sehnsucht" when both are approximated into the phonetic structure of Japanese. Someone had to have been competent enough to be able to read the Japanese name of the weapon and realize that it was German despite the otherwise cryptic internal name and then give it a name that matches close enough in English.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Path of Radiance's weapon localizations were... questionable at best. It honestly looks to me like half of the team couldn't read Japanese and only looked at the weapons' internal names and did their best from there.

It is Treehouse, so I do not expect them to do good localization work.