Warning: The infamous drift problem does not only affect Switch joy cons.

Anacybele

On 5/28/2020 at 5:42 AM, Anacybele said:

Agreed. I remember now that the two joy cons I recently got for my birthday were pretty much the only colors my mom could find at the time.

I tried buying a new pair, but in between me putting in the order and driving to store they sold them to someone else. Luckily I got refunded but it sucked.

5 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I tried buying a new pair, but in between me putting in the order and driving to store they sold them to someone else. Luckily I got refunded but it sucked.

Wow, why would they do that? You'd already ordered and paid for them, so they were yours. They should have gotten in trouble.

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, why would they do that? You'd already ordered and paid for them, so they were yours. They should have gotten in trouble.

Apparently they were sold before I bought them, but their website didn't update fast enough. Seems to be a reoccurring problem for many businesses during this time unfortunately. Even huge stores like Target have a hard time keeping up.

58 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Apparently they were sold before I bought them, but their website didn't update fast enough. Seems to be a reoccurring problem for many businesses during this time unfortunately. Even huge stores like Target have a hard time keeping up.

Wow. That's an issue that really ought to be fixed soon then.

On 6/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, Anacybele said:

Wow. That's an issue that really ought to be fixed soon then.

It's most likely due to the pandemic increasing the amount people purchase products online. Despite the US economy taking a nosedive, certain products are still being sold like hot cakes. Switch-related stuff is definitely a high demand product category.

I've had two USB controllers drift now. The first one stopped detecting presses at upward angles, while the second started automatically simulating upward pushes. Bad enough when it doesn't respond, but to act automatically? And of course the second one had to start crapping out on me just after I signed up for the upcoming Smash tournament on June 20th and 21st. My family's looking at getting me a wireless Pro Controller as my bro claims they're more drift-resistant than the cheaper USBs. Sad thing is, my first USB Pro was a Christmas present, too.

On 5/27/2020 at 10:59 PM, lightcosmo said:

This happens for alot of consoles, not just nintendo. I've had awful luck with PS3/4 controllers.

Yeah, same for me with Xbox. Although mostly the shoulder pads broke, I had to sell one because of drifting problems (my 4th controller in one Gen - I didn't have to switch in any former generation ~~). For Switch my first pro controller had drifting right out of the box, the second is fine (so far).