A New Mythic Hero Arrives! Mila: Goddess of Love (May 29th)

Anacybele

You know, on second thought, I might want Mila after all because the effect of Mila's Turnwheel could help me a lot. I lose more often because of running out of turns than I do by just getting smashed before all seven turns are up. I suppose I could pull both blue and colorless. Because I still want at least a couple Ephraims, man. He won't be back again for several months due to being one of the 2018 legendaries who are not being rerun as often anymore.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like her art! It has such a goddess feel to it... perfect! I like her crazy hands lol. Not every detail needs to be meticulously well done!

I will spend orbs in colorless until I get something probably. I REALLY want Leif, I wouldn’t mind Mila, and a dupe Alm is not the worst thing I could get. Excited nonetheless! 

Blue is my backup, as I don’t have Julia yet and I wouldn’t mind Ephraim and Lucina merges. Green is third, mostly for Annie, and Red only has Larcei for me, who I don’t particularly want.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think for me it is mostly just the face that looks kind of jarring.

That's what it was, I couldn't quite pin it. The ears are what throw it off - the face would be alright if her ears didn't look like actual bat ears.

13 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

...What the everliving heck is that artwork? I almost prefer the meme the reddit posted earlier today(key word almost).
That aside

LELIWOOD LARCEI AND LIF

Y U DO DIS 2 ME IS

Choosing that artist for her wasn't exactly a good move. Then again, I have no idea how IS chooses which artist does what.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Her art style looks kind of funny. I looked up the artist and it is the same as Gunter and Jagen. I think Yamada's art style fits older dudes pretty well, but Mila feels a little off. I do not want to say it is bad because I do like his portrayal of other characters, but it does not seem to fit Mila. I think for me it is mostly just the face that looks kind of jarring. The outfit and everything seems okay.

One of the argument I thought about is that basically Mila was designed to be the opposite of Duma, yet close in essence. Her dragon form is similar yet different, her animations are similar but different color, her kit is "similar" to him yet different. I suppose the choice of artist was to make her a total opposite of him?

But I think the reason why it can be strange is because unlike all of the heroes that Yamada has worked previously are heroes from older games. If Echoes didn't exist, it might have been normal. But since she got modern artwork from Echoes, this art seems like a downgrade or not like her at all.

And I know Jagen, Ogma and Bantu's more recent game isn't all that old but since it isn't really known to this day, it never really bothered anyone.

And Gunter... well not many people like him so it was fine I guess. I dunno.

Edited by Nym

8 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

The fact that Surtr is a normal unit means anything is possible really.

Yeah, and that was a mistake in every single way. Just because they made a mistake once doesn't mean that they should do it again.

Hel should never be playable, and neither should have Surtr.

Mila looks really cool but I don't have much attachment to her, I want her Bracing Stance 3 for my normal Roy, along with a Legendary Leif and more Alm merges if possible.  I don't care much about red besides Larcei and it isn't worth it, blue has Julia and Ephraim who I would like merges for.  Green would be a nice colour if it weren't for Annette.  I already got pity broken by her while rolling for Amelia so I don't want to see her face again.  So, colourless only it is.

Nice to see Yamada back on another character. His artwork really reminds me of old school Final Fantasy/Yoshitaka Amano and I am here for it.

I am happy that I don't really need Mila, but I will be nice if I get her on the Free Summon circle, which will be the only thing I will summon. She is a good support, and Isolation based on DEF instead of HP is so useful!

Mila will be easy target to Dark Shrine, though.

Red looks nice, with Eliwood and Leif as fodder, and Green also looks good with Annette and Osian... As fodder.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I don't mind the old timey-time, somewhat inhuman artwork in Mythic contexts. It looks appropriate because logically it's less someone drawing a portrait of a live, living person sitting on a chair in front of them, and more an artist taking creative liberties when drawing a figure only written about in books. Think renaissance art depicting mythological/religious figures. It adds a whole lot more gravitas than for example, Altina, who just looks like a regular teenage girl. (Yes I know teenage girls are par for the course in Fire Emblem, but we can do without them for mythical figures surely)

At first her artwork looked weird but I think I like it. I also thought she was exposing her breasts and just the nipple was never drawn in but it was just the clothing that was really similar to the skin color lol.

25 minutes ago, Nym said:

Choosing that artist for her wasn't exactly a good move. Then again, I have no idea how IS chooses which artist does what.

One of the argument I thought about is that basically designed Mila to be the opposite of Duma, yet close in essence. Her appearance is similar yet different, her animations are similar but different color, her kit is "similar" to him yet different. I suppose the choice of artist was to make her a total opposite of him?

But I think the reason why it can be strange is because unlike all of the heroes that Yamada has worked previously are heroes from older games. If Echoes didn't exist, it might have been normal. But since she got Modern art from Echoes, this art seems like a downgrade or not like at all.

And I know Jagen, Ogma and Bantu's more recent game isn't all that old but since he isn't really known to this day, it never really bothered anyone.

And Gunter... well not many people like it so it was fine I guess. I dunno.

Don't forget Zephiel, same artist there. I actually like the art style, and that's the only artist who does four completely different artworks for each character, just...those ears. Good heavens, those ears.

24 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and that was a mistake in every single way. Just because they made a mistake once doesn't mean that they should do it again.

Hel should never be playable, and neither should have Surtr.

I mean, I'd also say we should never have had Surtr's daughters or Hel's generals playable, but we got them anyways and that resulted in Laegjarn in a kimono/yukata(too lazy to check) and a swimsuit so...Summer Hel or else IS

Colourless is awesome despite the current legendary hero is the least desirable unit. Alm and Leif are still so strong. I will definitely pull all orbs from the opening circle since I have none of them. As for the others I have them all minus Eliwood who I don't need.

- Mila’s weapon gives a global drive. 

- Mila is a light mythic.

- Bramimond gives no fucks about Mila.

Yeah that weapon... Not amazing.

Been waiting for bracing stance three. It is a nice fodder option. Sabotage is w/e

Mila’s turnwheel is fine, but I don’t need it.

Mila is a major downgrade compared to Eir and Peony, who have range, better weapons, skill, support capabilities and availability. 

At least she isn’t armoured. So she’s got that over Duma. 

49 minutes ago, Othin said:

Oh wow, that's a sweet C skill. I have Leif but not Alm, so I'll pull colorless until I get one of the two I'm missing.

It's certainly... interesting timing for them to reveal the second unit able to inflict Isolation on enemies just 20 hours after Fjorm's rerun started. I'd been wondering if I should hold off on going for Fjorm to see the trailer but decided not to. Which didn't end up mattering for me since this means I'll have one for each AR team, but it could for others. Good thing I gave Fjorm an Astra blessing rather than a Light one.

Mile makes the first non-OC Light mythic, and the first to complete a story pair. Interesting that her element is not, in fact, the offense parallel to Duma's. This has implications fior the other pairs, like meaning Ashera could be Astra rather than Light. Next mythic should be Astra, so it could even be Ashera, but are they going to keep holding off on Hel?

not the first time. 
released Mia/Witchy wand and two days later, Silque shows up with Melancholy. 

5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I mean, I'd also say we should never have had Surtr's daughters or Hel's generals playable, but we got them anyways and that resulted in Laegjarn in a kimono/yukata(too lazy to check) and a swimsuit so...Summer Hel or else IS

I'd prefer Winter Hel so we can do "A Cold Day in Hel" and "Hel Freezes Over" type jokes.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Oh yay. I've been waiting for Mila for a while now. Looks like they decided to just recolour Duma's sprite to something original rather than taking her artbook design. I like how her weapon basically buffs all your units all the time. That's pretty useful. I mean it's not that massive a buff, but it hits everyone at all times on all stats and these things stack.

This one? If so, then using Duma's dragon sprite works since her artbook design is like a skinnier version of her brother's form.

Spoiler

FESoV_Mila_(dragon).png

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Yamada Akihiro was chosen to do Mila's art for Heroes. I absolutely love it. It reminds me of old RPG games or old games, films, and books in general. Does anyone remember or has seen the art of things like the first or early entries of Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Grandia, Lufia, Ninja Gaiden, Phantasy Star, the SaGa series, and Shining Force? If not Fire Emblem? Perhaps the Star Wars poster by Tom Jung could count too among other movie posters that I can't think of or know about. There's this charm to it that I'm not sure how to describe. Old world? And this might sound like I'm bashing the artists and their art, but sometimes the art doesn't look as impressive in terms of technical skill compared to more recent art and yet it's that quality that gives this "old world" or whatever might be more appropriate to describe it feel.

I feel like the developers picked Yamada Akihiro with the intention of having Mila give off this feeling. We have gotten a similar feel with his other works for Bantu, Gunter, Jagen, Ogma, and Zephiel, but we didn't have a feeling of a goddess from bygone days until now. Maybe it's not the best art, but for what it stands, I adore his art of Mila.

@XRay, I guess Julia got her wish for a defense boosting light mythic and then some since she'll also get Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 if she's within Mila's buff range. Now Boey just needs to have someone show up with Close Ward.

Edited by Kaden

14 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, but none of those characters happened to be the big bad of their Book. That, and people actually like those characters because they aren't a complete black hole of a character or were a completely irredeemable bastard like Surtr (who, let's be real, next to no one actually likes as a character).

Oh, the art.  Not a fan of it.  It's not that Mila's bad, it's that she shares a color with two units I'd rather have.  I'm not going to complain if I get her, though.

17 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

- Bramimond gives no fucks about Mila.

Bramimond is not a big deal though. Like most ranged units, he is not threatening unless you Infantry Pulse him, and even then, Mila can just inflict Isolation on the most threatening units to control the flow of movement so the super tank would not be overwhelmed.

17 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Mila is a major downgrade compared to Eir and Peony, who have range, better weapons, skill, support capabilities and availability. 

Eir is probably a bit better, but I think Mila is better than Peony for super tank teams. If a super tank really needs Peony's Spd buffs, they can just run more Drive Spd on other buffers. And with more turns to work with, super tanks have even less need for Dancers/Singers in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

I want Annette for merges because Annette, although I like her timeskip design more, Mila for her art and for another light mythic, I don't have legendary Julia, Larcei, legendary Leif aka Meisterbogenhardt, or Lif, and more copies of legendary Alm, Distant Counter + Vengeful Fighter, and Osian along with legendary Eliwood and legendary Lucina would be nice. But the Three Houses banner revival with its tickets and a guaranteed 5* after 40 summons makes me want to dump orbs into that and at least choose Claude for Lull Spd/Def or F!Byleth for Windsweep shenanigans. Assuming they do not show up during the orb dump, Dimitri and Edelgard would be all right for Galeforce, but I have Claude already, so having a source of Lull Spd/Def would be nice as I would like to keep one copy of any unit and Creator's Sword and Windsweep is a unique and potent combo where F!Byleth being neutral works better than my only copy of M!Byleth who is -Spd. Choices...

Edited by Kaden