A New Mythic Hero Arrives! Mila: Goddess of Love (May 29th)

Anacybele

She looks spicy as hell, I love that artwork~

I was already planning on going in on Colorless or Leif and Alm, Mila's got a Rally+ and Bracing Stance 3 so a copy of her won't even be bad. Sophia wants that Bracing Stance 3.

The PROBLEM is OFC they put Annette back on a Banner this soon. Really, why is she back already? I wanted more time to save for her but I guess if I'm pulling anyway, Green is a fine backup color~

I'll quit if I get a single Leif, though, LEL~

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, but none of those characters happened to be the big bad of their Book. That, and people actually like those characters because they aren't a complete black hole of a character or were a completely irredeemable bastard like Surtr (who, let's be real, next to no one actually likes as a character).

Surtr's literally Ganondorf but ON FIRE, he dropped a freaking Spirit Bomb in the opening trailer, I love him and am 100% disappointed I haven't got him yet. I'd also argue Laevatein never really got a chance to be a complex character, from what I recall she's just 'follow father's order unless Big Sis says otherwise even after she dies.' That said, you got a point on the big bad thing, but you know they also did that with the Emblian royalty.

Just now, daisy jane said:

i think it's absolutely gorgeous
it's really antique looking. 

(sue me. i'm an english major, not art major, i don't know the terms LOL). 

Part of what makes it stand out is that Akihiro's artwork, and Soeda Ippei's for that matter, is significantly more realistically proportioned than most artists. That, combined with the textured effect of using pencils and brushes (or pencil and brush styled tools digitally) makes their work look less anime and more like classical art.

13 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Yamada Akihiro was chosen to do Mila's art for Heroes. I absolutely love it. It reminds me of old RPG games or old games, films, and books in general. Does anyone remember or has seen the art of things like the first or early entries of Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Grandia, Lufia, Ninja Gaiden, Phantasy Star, the SaGa series, and Shining Force? If not Fire Emblem? Perhaps the Star Wars poster by Tom Jung could count too among other movie posters that I can't think of or know about. There's this charm to it that I'm not sure how to describe. Old world? And this might sound like I'm bashing the artists and their art, but sometimes the art doesn't look as impressive in terms of technical skill compared to more recent art. Yet it's that quality that gives this "old world" or whatever might be more appropriate to describe it feel.

Incidentally, Akihiro did art for Castlevania: Dracula X (the SNES port of Rondo of Blood)

tumblr_ovz186rF2M1sctm9xo1_1280.png

It's not quite the same style seen in Heroes, particularly the simpler textures, but it is rather proportional.

For a Mythic she is kinda lackluster? Mmm Double Mila could be potentially be very strong the wording on her C-skill has "If the turn limity is 7, it will increase to 8 ETC." Meaning potentially that you have 9 turns with 2 Milas and 10 turns with 3 Milas.

I think she was originally supposed to be on the Anima/Astra season as a mythic, but since Thrasir basicly butchered all Dragons during that season IS decided to make her into a Light Mythic so people would actually spend money on her.

Can’t wait for Ashera to be an anima defense Mythic with the following C skill:

’Judgement of Order’

Reduces time limit in modes like Aether raids during Anima season by 1. This effect can stack.

Just place 6 Ashera in the back and fill buildings on the front. Guaranteed to win after the first turn.

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

She used Mila's turnwheel. 

Okay, I have to come in here and say this is an absolutely perfect response. LOL

Oh yeah, I'm not really a fan of Mila's art here either, but that's really because I don't care for Yamada Akihiro's style in general, honestly.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Oh wow, that's a sweet C skill. I have Leif but not Alm, so I'll pull colorless until I get one of the two I'm missing.

It's certainly... interesting timing for them to reveal the second unit able to inflict Isolation on enemies just 20 hours after Fjorm's rerun started. I'd been wondering if I should hold off on going for Fjorm to see the trailer but decided not to. Which didn't end up mattering for me since this means I'll have one for each AR team, but it could for others. Good thing I gave Fjorm an Astra blessing rather than a Light one.

Mile makes the first non-OC Light mythic, and the first to complete a story pair. Interesting that her element is not, in fact, the offense parallel to Duma's. This has implications fior the other pairs, like meaning Ashera could be Astra rather than Light. Next mythic should be Astra, so it could even be Ashera, but are they going to keep holding off on Hel?

Ashera will be astra IMO because she blessed Altina and Altina is astra. Ashera being the source of that blessing makes her astra by association. 

9 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

’Judgement of Order’

Reduces time limit in modes like Aether raids during Anima season by 1. This effect can stack.

Just place 6 Ashera in the back and fill buildings on the front. Guaranteed to win after the first turn.

lulz

Well Mila might have turned Fallen Julia into the best light season tank.
Has a very high Res stat: 40 without merges and no boon/bane
strips the enemy from all buffs
has an automatic follow up attack when she isnt near an ally
inflicts -8 Atk during combat on enemy
inflicts -8 Res during combat on enemy (basicly +8 attack)
gives a big FU to addaptiv Dragon Damage

with 17 Def, you could run her with 2 Milas for 27 Def, +5 Def from close foil and +8 Def from her -Atk incombat debuff for 40 Def. then add another 4 Def and Res from Milas weapon.

Also unmerged: 55 base atk +8 from her kit +4 from weapon buffs of Mila: 67 Attack and then sprinkle in whatever you want

Edited by Hilda

Really happy Mila is in the game as she was one of my most anticipated Mythics and her art is amazing as it feels (as many have pointed out) right out of an old school rpg. As a unit I don't think I need her as my light setup is pretty much closed and consists of Eir, Peony, Brave Michy, Fallen Ike and Bonus. It is working extremely well and having to manage when to use her over one of the other Mythics is more trouble than it's worth. I prefare Peony's Gentle dream and flower of joy and Eir is desperately needed because of the Res buff and extra healing, Ike does the tanking and Michy inflicts penalties on everyone and nukes stuff. I don't see any reason to use her over any of these guys if I want to be honest. Don't care about blue exept Julia which I got as Fallen this month so I don't feel I need another one, Green with Annette is interesting as I would like a chance to get best rallybot however I don't want either an osian or Hector that much. Red is divine, Eliwood and Lercei merges and Lif is an interesting unit. Colourless for me is not so exciting as I have an Alm which I don't like that much as a unit compared to his amazing wife and Leif is interesting but really never caused me many problems to feel the urge to try to pull him and Mila is not as necessary in my opinion as a new Astra hero would be. So it boils down to some Red pulls with colourless backup maybe unit I hopefully get one of the reds. 

10 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

’Judgement of Order’

I just threw up in my mouth a little, that sounds disgusting.

24 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

’Judgement of Order’

Now that is just brutal.

I don't need an infantry mythic hero because it messes up my tactic skills especially since the bonus unit is usually an infantry unit like Sharena or Fjorm. This banner is an easy skip for me which is nice because I want to spend orbs trying to get Bridal Micaiah. 

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I have to come in here and say this is an absolutely perfect response. LOL

Glad you liked my witty response. XD

Funnily enough I'm less thinking about ARs in terms of Mila's utility, but those damn Lunatic story maps with dancers. Yes I know I can just use a Light's Blessing when I get caught out, but still...

37 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Funnily enough I'm less thinking about ARs in terms of Mila's utility, but those damn Lunatic story maps with dancers. Yes I know I can just use a Light's Blessing when I get caught out, but still...

I would just use a nuke with 3 Dancers/Singers. Most Story Maps can be cleared in 30 seconds or less that way.

Funny how I free summoned Larcei the other day now she's on this banner. I was expecting Hel, but I guess they didn't want to complete the 4 Dark Mythics yet. I wonder what they'll do with Seiros when she gets added, will we have two Light Mythics that are Dragon Ladies? Getting Annette for her Dual Rally and B skill would be nice for my Flame Emperor, the Cordelia manual that is available makes that inheritance possible.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Bramimond is not a big deal though. Like most ranged units, he is not threatening unless you Infantry Pulse him, and even then, Mila can just inflict Isolation on the most threatening units to control the flow of movement so the super tank would not be overwhelmed.

Eir is probably a bit better, but I think Mila is better than Peony for super tank teams. If a super tank really needs Peony's Spd buffs, they can just run more Drive Spd on other buffers. And with more turns to work with, super tanks have even less need for Dancers/Singers in my opinion.

Of all the dark mythics, Bramimond is by far the strongest. only weak to raven tomes. And why would you not have a special charged on your defense team when you are in full control of making the team and adjusting skills to line up specials. Isolation was a thing already so decent IP twam have 2 dancers ready anyway. So unless you want to double up on Mila it's still going to throw multiple units at you. And what does Double mila cost? Double dancer, Eirforce and buffs(if you can clear panic) at the bare minimum. What do you get? Extra turn(s) and two units that have to stand in a specific column each. And then you need to know the AI so you can predict where the dancers/rallies move.

Eir is way above Mila, and Peony is way above Eir. That is not saying mila is bad, it's just that she's outclassed. She is miles ahead of what Naga provides for example.

Edited by Vicious Sal

wow, they finally added Mila, about damn time

i honestly really like her artworks, although i agree that they look strange

anyway i would've definitely tried to summon her... if this was 2018/early 2019, now basically the only thing that keeps me playing is hoping that Rhea will be added soon (yeah that's not gonna happen, i know, Legendary Dimitri and Claude apparently have priority over her)

also i don't give a damn about AR, so she'd be of very little use to me

what i find interesting, though, is that this is the second Colorless mythic hero in a row, this might be important to keep in mind for future predictions

also Colorless is amazing, but i'll save orbs for that early june-new heroes banner

Edited by Yexin

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

This one? If so, then using Duma's dragon sprite works since her artbook design is like a skinnier version of her brother's form.

Hide contents

FESoV_Mila_(dragon).png

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Yamada Akihiro was chosen to do Mila's art for Heroes. I absolutely love it. It reminds me of old RPG games or old games, films, and books in general. Does anyone remember or has seen the art of things like the first or early entries of Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Grandia, Lufia, Ninja Gaiden, Phantasy Star, the SaGa series, and Shining Force? If not Fire Emblem? Perhaps the Star Wars poster by Tom Jung could count too among other movie posters that I can't think of or know about. There's this charm to it that I'm not sure how to describe. Old world? And this might sound like I'm bashing the artists and their art, but sometimes the art doesn't look as impressive in terms of technical skill compared to more recent art and yet it's that quality that gives this "old world" or whatever might be more appropriate to describe it feel.

I feel like the developers picked Yamada Akihiro with the intention of having Mila give off this feeling. We have gotten a similar feel with his other works for Bantu, Gunter, Jagen, Ogma, and Zephiel, but we didn't have a feeling of a goddess from bygone days until now. Maybe it's not the best art, but for what it stands, I adore his art of Mila.

@XRay, I guess Julia got her wish for a defense boosting light mythic and then some since she'll also get Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 if she's within Mila's buff range. Now Boey just needs to have someone show up with Close Ward.

I guess looking at the spines on her back, they did clearly take from that artwork. What tripped me up is that they went really heavy on the green on her palette while in that artwork she's much more muted and almost zebra like in colouring. Green does make sense for her as a colour scheme, but I like that one more because it's kind of scarier, harkening to the whole Mila isn't really the big good in opposition to Duma's big bad.

Silque can finally have her walk with Mila.

She's a Colourless Infantrry Dragon with a Light defensive blessing (Huh.). She comes with Nurturing Breath (Def +3, Adaptive Damage, gives allies in 7 rows and columns +2 to all stats (If it were 7 this would be wild)), Rally Def/Res+, Bracing Stance 3 (+6 Def/Res and SC-1 on foe if being attacked), Sabotage Atk 3 and Mila's Turnwheel (They did the thing!) (Gives enemies Isolation if they have less Def and in cardinal directions and adds a turn when playing AR) (So not as busted as in the main games). Not as broken as I was expecting. They have Fellkut attack her which is cute.

As for the other colours, Red has Lif, L!Eliwood and Larcei (Kinda tempted), Blue had L'Ephraim, Bowcina and L!Julia (If only Julia shared with other units), Green has L!Hector, Annette and Orsin (Orsin merge and the other two would be nice) and Colourless has L!Alm and L!Leif (So it's great. I am more than okay seeing these two together.). It isn't a bad banner actually and so I think I'mma gather a minute. Colourless = Green = Red >>>>>> Blue

54 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Of all the dark mythics, Bramimond is by far the strongest. only weak to raven tomes. And why would you not have a special charged on your defense team when you are in full control of making the team and adjusting skills to line up specials. Isolation was a thing already so decent IP twam have 2 dancers ready anyway. So unless you want to double up on Mila it's still going to throw multiple units at you. And what does Double mila cost? Double dancer, Eirforce and buffs(if you can clear panic) at the bare minimum. What do you get? Extra turn(s) and two units that have to stand in a specific column each. And then you need to know the AI so you can predict where the dancers/rallies move.

Eir is way above Mila, and Peony is way above Eir. That is not saying mila is bad, it's just that she's outclassed. She is miles ahead of what Naga provides for example.

WRT Isolation, I've found that the best solution for dual dancers is to hit one and bait the other.  It's been pretty effective in my experience.

Also, why is next week bonus Mila week already? We could just as well had these bonus units for the normal two weeks and had Mila start as a bonus unit in her corresponding season. I wanted to use my Brunnya in Astra with bonus stats. =[

So Mila is the next Mythic. Was par for the course after Duma so that's pretty cool. She's a Light Mythic and despite seeming underwhelming she's actually a really nice unit. She gives more or less a global +2 to all stats which is stellar (more if you consider supporting her with your tank!) given the ease of activation, she neuters dance strats and traps with her isolation effect which is going to be a Godsend against those dancer + firesweep/Ophelia nuke traps and of course the flat +5 DEF which means you're getting +7 DEF and 2 to the other stats. 

Then there's the possibility of dupes of her to give you not only more stats but more turns due to her C skill, she's got a lot of value if you're willing to go triple Mythic or even if you're willing to swap out Eir or Peony. She's overally a pretty great unit. Plus she's not an armor! And yes, her artwork is a little weird, but it suits her, Mythical beings should be a little different and she's exactly that.

As for the colors I'll be brief, red is fantastic. L!Eliwood is one of the best supports in the game and if you happen to have him already, Death Blow 4 never hurt. Larcei is a top tier swordie but it's that Repel that gives her her real value. Lif's a defense mythic with DC and Time's Pulse. Nuff said.

Green's got Legendary Hector, Osian and Annette. Objectively all pretty great units with valuable fodder, but the value here will vary from person to person. I happen to have them all.

Colorless is the clear winner, Mila is great and both Leif and Alm are just monsters. Pull this color, you're a fool otherwise.

Blue is actually the stinker here. L!Lucina is... ok if you don't have her but her father has more value. She's got nothing for fodder either. Ephraim... is a bit dated but still good but... meh. L!Julia is the prize here but unless you want her for fodder it'd probably be better to take a pass if you have her already.

Overall green and blue are passes since I have everyone but L!Julia. Red's pretty nice though and colorless is a clear winner. Even saying all that though I'll probably just do the discounted full pull and get lost. My orb situation is all kinds of wrong currently so it's best to pass on a lot of banners for the time being.