A New Mythic Hero Arrives! Mila: Goddess of Love (May 29th)

Anacybele

36 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Of all the dark mythics, Bramimond is by far the strongest. only weak to raven tomes. And why would you not have a special charged on your defense team when you are in full control of making the team and adjusting skills to line up specials. Isolation was a thing already so decent IP twam have 2 dancers ready anyway. So unless you want to double up on Mila it's still going to throw multiple units at you. And what does Double mila cost? Double dancer, Eirforce and buffs(if you can clear panic) at the bare minimum. What do you get? Extra turn(s) and two units that have to stand in a specific column each. And then you need to know the AI so you can predict where the dancers/rallies move.

Eir is way above Mila, and Peony is way above Eir. That is not saying mila is bad, it's just that she's outclassed. She is miles ahead of what Naga provides for example.

Making an Infantry Pulse team is not exactly cheap. Any infantry ranged unit with decent Atk can be made to be threatening with Infantry Pulse, so saying Bramimond is good is like say all infantry units are good because they can all be turned into Blazing nukes. Bramimond does not have any weaknesses, but that is not a strong selling point on its own. A good nuke on defense is a nuke that can counter specific types of tanks. Guaranteed follow-up and disabling Drives is not going to be enough when most super tanks already have Guard somewhere on their build and got decent Def/Res, so most super tanks have no issue being doubled. SK!Alm and QOV!Celica hard counter Def/Res tanks. Panic Staff units shuts down bonus buffs and Counter-Vantage units. Hardy Bearing Dancers/Singers also shuts down Counter-Vantage and can Dance/Sing.

For a super tank team, I do not find Dancers/Singers particularly necessary. While I do use double Peonys with BH!Ike, I primarily use Peony for the Spd buff she provides, not for her Dance/Sing utility.

With 2 Milas, you can significantly slow down the flow of movement for the defense team, breaking their one giant overwhelming wave of attacks into smaller manageable waves for the super tank to handle. And with 2 more turns, it give super tank teams the extra time they need to chew through multiple smaller waves.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

Also, why is next week bonus Mila week already? We could just as well had these bonus units for the normal two weeks and had Mila start as a bonus unit in her corresponding season. I wanted to use my Brunnya in Astra with bonus stats. =[

Yeah, only one Edelgard-week, not even a fire week. 

Dat turnwheel. Mila's kind of crazy. Also, I need that stance skill on everyone. My opinion of her art's this weird combination of loving the interesting art style and being kind of annoyed with her design. I don't know. Mixed feelings but I think I kind of want her? Not right away, though. I'll pull colorless for my free pull and skip.

35 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, only one Edelgard-week, not even a fire week. 

Yup, everyone who pulled Edelgard sure is able to get max scoring with that unit in AR. Such a worthwhile investment. =p

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

Yup, everyone who pulled Edelgard sure is able to get max scoring with that unit in AR. Such a worthwhile investment. =p

I was looking forward to try her out. A unit with double GF, not hindered by armor movement.

Are there any other Mythics with time control powers we could get on the Astra side? I suppose we could get

Spoiler

Seiros with Divine Pulse.

Either way, I just hope we don't get any defense Heroes with this ability. Reducing the number of turns available would be a nightmare.

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Are there any other Mythics with time control powers we could get on the Astra side? I suppose we could get

Reveal hidden contents

Seiros with Divine Pulse.

Spoiler

Shouldn't Sothis be the one with Divine Pulse? Or at least Byleth?

Seiros doesn't have this power, since Divine Pulse comes from the Progenitor God.

Mila is cool and I will free pull colorless but I have to skip the banner since I still want B!Nailah.  Too bad they made Mila an infantry dragon, I was hoping she would be a flying dragon since her artwork always has her with wings.

Eh... I'm honestly not feeling it.

It feels like a waste to have an infantry unit with that stat spread have a support-oriented weapon. On top of that, the weapon's effect trades away having a strong effect for having a huge range, which also feels like a waste to me, not to mention she shares a season with Bramimond, who shuts down Drive-type support completely.

I feel like they should have made her an armor and pumped all of the additional stats into HP, Def, and/or Res. Being an armor would give her at least passable combat presence at the cost of a support B skill, and the boost to stats would improve her support potential if you forgo a combat B skill.

If someone can convince me otherwise, though, I'm all ears.

As for her art, those hands are the stuff of nightmares. Her idle and damaged art are perfectly fine, but the hands on her attacking and Special activation art are something else.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I'll take all colorless orbs in the first circle since LLeif is a monster and Mila would be solid to have.

I'm just grateful IS didn't drop an Astra/Anima/Dark mythic flying (fairy) dancer like I feared, so now my path to dumping 2k+ f2p orbs on LChrom next month is assured.

Free pull on red trying for Lif and I'm out. She seems nice and all, but I don't see myself using her instead of Peony or Eir.

That said, colorless is pretty stacked on this banner. 

Oh right, I forgot to talk about the rest of the banner.

Red looks pretty good, though I'd only be interested in Lakche, and she's in the normal summoning pool. Eliwood doesn't need merges to function, and Lif is currently in lost cause land where he's destined to never be on a banner that I'd be willing to pull red on and is too many merges away from ever reaching +10 (he's at +0 right now), as much as I like him as a character and as a unit.

No point in me pulling green.

Colorless is okay. I have no need for Alm anymore since he's already fully merged and doesn't have any particularly valuable skills for inheritance. Leaf is worth pulling for. Mila... if only for collection. I can't really see myself replacing Eir's flight and free healing, but I might as well try for a copy, I guess.

Blue is actually 2 for 3 units that I'm looking for. And Ephraim finally gets on a banner with at least one other unit that I want to pull for (Julia). He's been stuck in lost cause land for at least the past year at +5 when I already have had all of the other old Legendary Heroes at +10 for ages.

Probably pulling blue and colorless until I get 1 copy of Mila, then pulling blue until I run out of budget (or Ephraim reaches +10, whichever comes first, though this is extremely unlikely to come first).

Edited by Ice Dragon

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It feels like a waste to have an infantry unit with that stat spread have a support-oriented weapon. On top of that, the weapon's effect trades away having a strong effect for having a huge range, which also feels like a waste to me, not to mention she shares a season with Bramimond, who shuts down Drive-type support completely.

If someone can convince me otherwise, though, I'm all ears.

The player can opt for Lightning Breath or Water Breath if they want a more combat oriented Weapon. It is not like inheritable Weapons are that bad.

As for Bramimond, shutting down Drive buffs is not that big of a threat if Bramimond cannot kill things on his own. Most super tank got the stats and usually Guard somewhere on their build to handle being doubled by him. Very fast super tanks also sometimes run Null Follow-Up, so Bramimond cannot even double. Bramimond is no different from other normal ranged infantry units in that they are only a threat when their Special is charged. SK!Alm and QOV!Celica counters slow Def/Res tanks. Panic staffers counters bonus buffs and Hardy Bearing Dancers/Singers can Dance/Sing, and both unit types shut down Counter-Vantage. Bramimond himself does not really counter anything; if he can provide Null Drive within 3 columns centered on unit though so his teammates can also bust through Drive supports, then that is a different story.

On an Infantry Pulse team where Bramimond and other ranged units are a threat, 2 Milas can significantly slow down the movement of the defense team and break apart one giant wave of attacks into multiple smaller waves that the super tank can digest more properly. And with 2 extra turns, a super tank can afford to take extra time to go through multiple smaller waves. Since Bramimond cannot benefit from stat boosts, his HP is also likely to be lower than his teammates, so if you run dual Pulse Ties on two Milas, Bramimond's Special is going to get uncharged relatively soon.

As for making her an armor unit, I am not too sure. While technically she does not need that much movement as a support unit, it is nice to be able to move support units around with regular movement instead of armor movement. I do not need my AMH!Hectors to move quickly most of the time, but sometimes his low movement does cause problems when the last foe on the defense team reach him and kill themselves too soon so I miss out on Aether Structures.

Edited by XRay

Personally, my biggest heavy hitter on Light seasons is TA-Raven Cecilia, who makes Brammimond trivial to deal with. 

52 minutes ago, XRay said:

The player can opt for Lightning Breath or Water Breath if they want a more combat oriented Weapon. It is not like inheritable Weapons are that bad.

They aren't, but that doesn't make it not a waste.

As for Bramimond,

Bramimond is a "not to mention", not the primary problem, which is the fact that literally every other support unit in the game gives better support than she does. Stricter positioning is easier to work around than less stats, at least for me.

53 minutes ago, XRay said:

Since Bramimond cannot benefit from stat boosts, his HP is also likely to be lower than his teammates, so if you run dual Pulse Ties on two Milas, Bramimond's Special is going to get uncharged relatively soon.

Neutral Mila has only 2 more HP than neutral Bramimond. You need both of those Milas to be at least +6 to hit a +10 Bramimond.

In comparison, Eir still does her job at +0.

As for making her an armor unit, I am not too sure. While technically she does not need that much movement as a support unit, it is nice to be able to move support units around with regular movement instead of armor movement. I do not need my AMH!Hectors to move quickly most of the time, but sometimes his low movement does cause problems when the last foe on the defense team reach him and kill themselves too soon so I miss out on Aether Structures.

One of my Eirs has Guidance and all of my armors run Reposition, so mobility hasn't really been a problem for me, even when I need to split my units and am unable to have Armor March activate.

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bramimond is a "not to mention", not the primary problem, which is the fact that literally every other support unit in the game gives better support than she does. Stricter positioning is easier to work around than less stats, at least for me.

She is a Mythic unit though, so she does not take up a slot used by a regular buffer. You can run 2 M!Corrins and 2 Milas to support the main super tank, and if you really need Peony's Spd buffs, you can just change M!Corrin's Drives to Drive Spd. Healing could be an issue though, but with 2 Milas being similar to 1 M!Corrin, you can replace one of the M!Corrins with Eir.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

She is a Mythic unit though, so she does not take up a slot used by a regular buffer. You can run 2 M!Corrins and 2 Milas to support the main super tank, and if you really need Peony's Spd buffs, you can just change M!Corrin's Drives to Drive Spd. Healing could be an issue though, but with 2 Milas being similar to 1 M!Corrin, you can replace one of the M!Corrins with Eir.

My buffers are Duo Idunn and Legendary Eliwood, though, both of whom are leagues better than Mila.

Okay banner, but I'm low on orbs so I'll free pull hoping for Mila or Leif and be done with it. If I get enough orbs during the week I'll see if I try for a couple of sessions.

Edited by Jave

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Mila's buff is not that good. Even Peony is potentially a better buffer than Mila because she has flexibility with the C-slot and can run an extra drive skill, tactics skill, or whatever is needed. The only argument to use Mila over Peony is Isolation instead of Dance. In most cases Dance utility is far more valuable.

22 minutes ago, BigBandit said:

Mila's buff is not that good. Even Peony is potentially a better buffer than Mila because she has flexibility with the C-slot and can run an extra drive skill, tactics skill, or whatever is needed. The only argument to use Mila over Peony is Isolation instead of Dance. In most cases Dance utility is far more valuable.

Mila gives one more stat point than Peony so their buffing capabilities are practically the same. Mila's buffs are also completely positioning independent, so she is a superioer buffer in this regard.

Mila gives HP+5, Def+5, and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 for a total of 18 stat points. Mila's Spur buffs are global.

Peony gives HP+5, Spd+4, Atk/Spd+3, and got an open slot for Joint Drive for a stat+5 for a total of 17 stat points. Peony's Spur buffs are Ploy based.

For a super tank, total buffs matters more than how those buffs are distributed since you can always adjust any deficient areas with the C slots and Sacred Seal slots on M!Corrin, BH!Lucina, or whoever else the player uses.

While Mila cannot Dance/Sing, she can give extra turns, which is essentially the equivalent of Dance/Sing for the entire team.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Mila gives one more stat point than Peony so their buffing capabilities are practically the same. Mila's buffs are also completely positioning independent, so she is a superioer buffer in this regard.

Mila gives HP+5, Def+5, and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 for a total of 18 stat points. Mila's Spur buffs are global.

Peony gives HP+5, Spd+4, Atk/Spd+3, and got an open slot for Joint Drive for a stat+5 for a total of 17 stat points. Peony's Spur buffs are Ploy based.

For a super tank, total buffs matters more than how those buffs are distributed since you can always adjust any deficient areas with the C slots and Sacred Seal slots on M!Corrin, BH!Lucina, or whoever else the player uses.

While Mila cannot Dance/Sing, she can give extra turns, which is essentially the equivalent of Dance/Sing for the entire team.

Peony gives 20 stat points in that scenario. Also, an extra turn is not even remotely close to as good as Dance. Dance can allow you to easily snipe a unit and retreat safely which gives your supertank less units to worry about. An extra turn means absolutely nothing if you are not able to engage the enemy team safely.