A New Mythic Hero Arrives! Mila: Goddess of Love (May 29th)

Anacybele

Just now, BigBandit said:

Peony gives 20 stat points in that scenario.

Mila also has an open Sacred Seal slot, so you can park Mila near your super tank if need be. In most cases, Peony would not even be able to use her C and Sacred Seal slots to buff the super tank since there would not be enough space to fit her safely.

4 minutes ago, BigBandit said:

Also, an extra turn is not even remotely close to as good as Dance. Dance can allow you to easily snipe a unit and retreat safely which gives your supertank less units to worry about. An extra turn means absolutely nothing if you are not able to engage the enemy team safely.

Isolation completely stops most Dancers/Singers and nukes from using Assists, completely breaking up their ability to coordinate one massive wave of attacks into smaller more manageable waves. Sniping also is not always easy either since players would place traps on those spots.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Mila also has an open Sacred Seal slot, so you can park Mila near your super tank if need be. In most cases, Peony would not even be able to use her C and Sacred Seal slots to buff the super tank since there would not be enough space to fit her safely.

Isolation completely stops most Dancers/Singers and nukes from using Assists, completely breaking up their ability to coordinate one massive wave of attacks into smaller more manageable waves. Sniping also is not always easy either since players would place traps on those spots.

You just argued that you can park Mila nearby for Sacred Seal support, but that Peony would not be able to do the same thing in most cases. Make up your mind.

Isolation is good, but there are defense teams that are not affected much by it, and those are only going to become more common now that Mila exists. Dance will always be useful.

2 hours ago, BigBandit said:

You just argued that you can park Mila nearby for Sacred Seal support, but that Peony would not be able to do the same thing in most cases. Make up your mind.

If you read my post carefully, I never argued Peony cannot. I argued that Peony has severe limitations on how she can use her buff supports.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Assuming a super tank is bringing 2 buffers and 2 Mythics, 2 buffers will be in a loose formation with the super tank most of the time. In many cases, there simply is not enough space to run a third buffer for a full diamond formation. And in a full diamond formation, assuming the super tank is in the northern tip, Peony's full buffing potential is only possible if she occupies the southern tip of the diamond, and that is a severe limitation compared to Mila who can occupy the any of the corners.

2 hours ago, BigBandit said:

Isolation is good, but there are defense teams that are not affected much by it, and those are only going to become more common now that Mila exists. Dance will always be useful.

I never claimed Mila is the end all and be all of Light Mythics. What Mila is good at is limiting the mobility of defense teams so the super tank can take its time to safely chew through a defense team in piecemeal. Double Milas with both Pulse Ties can also unravel an Infantry Pulse team relatively quickly, and with their Specials gone, a super tank will have no issue taking an Infantry Pulse team's hits.

Personally, I never found Dance to be super necessary on a super tank team. It is useful, but not critical.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Does Isolation stop healing from staves? It just says assist skills, so I presume so? But that sounds pretty crazy good.

Yep.  Used this to bait out some staffbots.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yep.  Used this to bait out some staffbots.

Oh wow. That is crazy good then. I was thinking heal blocking is something that should be implemented for a while now, but to take out all assists including dances is kind of crazy. Though this doesn't stop healing from stuff like Herons, healing towers or (heh) Breath of Life, I imagine. So heal blocking is still something I'd kind of like to see at some point, even if this is just outrught better aside from some niche circumstances.

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Oh wow. That is crazy good then. I was thinking heal blocking is something that should be implemented for a while now, but to take out all assists including dances is kind of crazy. Though this doesn't stop healing from stuff like Herons, healing towers or (heh) Breath of Life, I imagine. So heal blocking is still something I'd kind of like to see at some point, even if this is just outrught better aside from some niche circumstances.

If it's an assist skill, it's blocked.  Also great for stopping Legendary Chrom/Lucina.

23 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:
  Hide contents

Shouldn't Sothis be the one with Divine Pulse? Or at least Byleth?

Seiros doesn't have this power, since Divine Pulse comes from the Progenitor God.

Spoiler

True, but we already have Sothis and I don't see us getting a Mythic Byleth.

...actually, I suppose we could, since they're technically a divine being in Part 2. Hmm.

So I've fortunately managed to draw four Milas before running out of orbs. I kind of want to get her +Def given how her Turnwheel works, but if I merge my 3 Milas (one has already been sacrificed for Bracing fodder) together now and get a +Def one later how does that work? Will the +Def one become +4 or +2?

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

So I've fortunately managed to draw four Milas before running out of orbs. I kind of want to get her +Def given how her Turnwheel works, but if I merge my 3 Milas (one has already been sacrificed for Bracing fodder) together now and get a +Def one later how does that work? Will the +Def one become +4 or +2?

Neither, she'd be +3. 😛

16 hours ago, XRay said:

If you read my post carefully, I never argued Peony cannot. I argued that Peony has severe limitations on how she can use her buff supports.

Assuming a super tank is bringing 2 buffers and 2 Mythics, 2 buffers will be in a loose formation with the super tank most of the time. In many cases, there simply is not enough space to run a third buffer for a full diamond formation. And in a full diamond formation, assuming the super tank is in the northern tip, Peony's full buffing potential is only possible if she occupies the southern tip of the diamond, and that is a severe limitation compared to Mila who can occupy the any of the corners.

I never claimed Mila is the end all and be all of Light Mythics. What Mila is good at is limiting the mobility of defense teams so the super tank can take its time to safely chew through a defense team in piecemeal. Double Milas with both Pulse Ties can also unravel an Infantry Pulse team relatively quickly, and with their Specials gone, a super tank will have no issue taking an Infantry Pulse team's hits.

Personally, I never found Dance to be super necessary on a super tank team. It is useful, but not critical.

in all honesty this discussion is moot, because Bramimond exists, period... no matter how much support someone parks near a supertank, Bramimond just will blast him into oblivion.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Neither, she'd be +3. 😛

Ah yes. Units are 0 by default. Anyway so the answer is the merges are retained. So if I ever pull a +atk Reinhardt I could merge my +10Reinhardt onto it without missing a beat?

10 minutes ago, Hilda said:

in all honesty this discussion is moot, because Bramimond exists, period... no matter how much support someone parks near a supertank, Bramimond just will blast him into oblivion.

But Bramimond cannot blast things into oblivion on his own. With an Infantry Pulse team, sure he can, but so does every ranged infantry unit with decent Atk who can all blast things into outer space with Glacies or Ignis bombs. Without Infantry Pulse support, Bramimond is kind of pathetic, unlike SK!Alm, QOV!Celica, Pain staffers, and Hardy Bearing Dancers/Singers who are all strong threats on their own.

Against an Infantry Pulsed Bramimond, a player with double Milas with both Pulse Ties can just wait 2 or 3 turns to unravel the Infantry Pulse team's Specials and then move the super tank into Enemy Range and get tickled.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

But Bramimond cannot blast things into oblivion on his own. With an Infantry Pulse team, sure he can, but so does every ranged infantry unit with decent Atk who can all blast things into outer space with Glacies or Ignis bombs. Without Infantry Pulse support, Bramimond is kind of pathetic, unlike SK!Alm, QOV!Celica, Pain staffers, and Hardy Bearing Dancers/Singers who are all strong threats on their own.

Against an Infantry Pulsed Bramimond, a player with double Milas with both Pulse Ties can just wait 2 or 3 turns to unravel the Infantry Pulse team's Specials and then move in to Enemy Range and get tickled.

unless you are running Null Follow up Bramimond will blast most supertanks into oblivion, even with pulse ties unless you inflict some form of Guard.

you also seem conveniently to forget that Mila gives +Def and not +Res so the supertank is even more susceptible to nukes

Edited by Hilda

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Ah yes. Units are 0 by default. Anyway so the answer is the merges are retained. So if I ever pull a +atk Reinhardt I could merge my +10Reinhardt onto it without missing a beat?

Yeah, merging a +10 Reinhardt into a +0 +Atk Reinhardt gives you a +10 +Atk Reinhardt.

Regarding Mila - if you have multiple copies of her, it may be worthwhile to keep two around at a time in case you ever want to field multiple at once, since being able to run double Isolation and extend the turn count to 9 could be helpful.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

unless you are running Null Follow up Bramimond will blast most supertanks into oblivion, even with pulse ties unless you inflict some form of Guard.

you also seem conveniently to forget that Mila gives +Def and not +Res so the supertank is even more susceptible to nukes

Most super tanks should run Guard somewhere on their build, either on their Weapon, A, B, or C slot. Besides Distant Counter/Close Counter, Guard and buff nullification are the two most important effects a super tank should have. Slow super tanks are practically required to have Guard on their build or else they will get shredded by Specials. Fast super tanks that do not have Guard usually have Null Follow-Up to deny doubles, which by extension also deny most Specials unless the Special was precharged. Most super tanks would also have balanced but still relatively high bulk to take a double from Bramimond.

If the player is using Mila, then the player should obviously not bring a low Res super tank, or they should at least balance out Def/Res with Weapon Refinement and the rest of their skills.

Edited by XRay

21 hours ago, XRay said:

While Mila cannot Dance/Sing, she can give extra turns, which is essentially the equivalent of Dance/Sing for the entire team.

An extra turn also gives the entire defense team an extra turn, too.

An extra turn is only going to make a difference when breaking stalls and reaching the opponent's Aether structures after successfully stalling the defense team's final unit(s).

53 minutes ago, XRay said:

Against an Infantry Pulsed Bramimond, a player with double Milas with both Pulse Ties can just wait 2 or 3 turns to unravel the Infantry Pulse team's Specials and then move the super tank into Enemy Range and get tickled.

Mila's HP is too low to make use of Pulse Tie. She has 41 neutral HP and being a Mythic Hero means she can't use Mythic bonuses to gain more.

Bramimond has 39. Lilina (+1 Mythic bonus) has 40. Kiria (+1) and Ophelia (+1) have 43. Sothe (+1) has 44. Legendary Julia (+1) and Lilina (+2) have 45. Igrene (+1) has 47. Kiria (+2) and Ophelia (+2) have 48. Sothe (+2) has 49. Legendary Julia (+2) has 50. Igrene (+2) has 52.

Lysithea (+1) has 42 and fully re-charges her Special with Time's Pulse if she's running Moonbow, Glimmer, or Ruptured Sky.

Unless you're matching your opponent in merges (on both copies of Mila) and are running +HP, HP +5 in the A slot, and HP +5 in the Sacred Seal slot (and thus forgoing a Drive), you're going to be missing a lot of units with Pulse Tie.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

An extra turn also gives the entire defense team an extra turn, too.

An extra turn is only going to make a difference when breaking stalls and reaching the opponent's Aether structures after successfully stalling the defense team's final unit(s).

But the defense team cannot use that extra turn as effectively as the player. The player can simply wait for Pulse Ties to undo Infantry Pulse and then move in.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Unless you're matching your opponent in merges (on both copies of Mila) and are running +HP, HP +5 in the A slot, and HP +5 in the Sacred Seal slot (and thus forgoing a Drive), you're going to be missing a lot of units with Pulse Tie.

Yes, if Mila is going to run double Pulse Ties, the player would want to run HP+10 on both of them. HP/Def would also work. I am not too concerned about Mila not running Drives since a super tank would have 2 other buffers already providing buffs, and oftentimes there is not enough space for a diamond formation to fit Mila in.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yeah, merging a +10 Reinhardt into a +0 +Atk Reinhardt gives you a +10 +Atk Reinhardt.

Regarding Mila - if you have multiple copies of her, it may be worthwhile to keep two around at a time in case you ever want to field multiple at once, since being able to run double Isolation and extend the turn count to 9 could be helpful.

Just have to keep pulling for him then. I've pulled a rather ridiculous number of Reinhardt's so far without any +atk. Though knowing that means I don't need to keep any of the others round for merging.

You know, this makes me think what would five Mila's look like in Aether Raids. Not only would they extend the time limit to a ridiculous degree, but they'd also be boosting each other's stats by +8. I haven't trained any of her up (that's for next week when Training Tower has quests assigned to it) yet so I don't know how good she is at killing things, but five Milas does sound like an amusing way of playing Aether raids.

Edited by Jotari

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Just have to keep pulling for him then. I've pulled a rather ridiculous number of Reinhardt's so far without any +atk. Though knowing that means I don't need to keep any of the others round for merging.

You know, this makes me think what would five Mila's look like in Aether Raids. Not only would they extend the time limit to a ridiculous degree, but they'd also be boosting each other's stats by +8. I haven't trained any of her up (that's for next week when Training Tower has quests assigned to it) yet so I don't know how good she is at killing things, but five Milas does sound like an amusing way of playing Aether raids.

The problems with running five Milas are that you'd have no elemental stat bonuses and no score bonuses. It'd be funny, but I don't think it'd be very effective.

You could go up to three Milas without reducing your score, though.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

But the defense team cannot use that extra turn as effectively as the player. The player can simply wait for Pulse Ties to undo Infantry Pulse and then move in.

That still doesn't make it anywhere near as useful as even a single Dance, let alone a Dance for your entire team.

The defense team doesn't need to use the turn effectively. Giving them an extra turn to move in your way or suicide on your units is enough of a detriment to you.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yes, if Mila is going to run double Pulse Ties, the player would want to run HP+10 on both of them. HP/Def would also work. I am not too concerned about Mila not running Drives since a super tank would have 2 other buffers already providing buffs, and oftentimes there is not enough space for a diamond formation to fit Mila in.

You'd also need 18 copies of Mila, which is not feasible for most players and is not feasible for me, either.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

The problems with running five Milas are that you'd have no elemental stat bonuses and no score bonuses. It'd be funny, but I don't think it'd be very effective.

You could go up to three Milas without reducing your score, though.

Ah yes. I forget people also play these games to see big numbers. 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

You'd also need 18 copies of Mila, which is not feasible for most players and is not feasible for me, either.

You do not need 18 copies of Mila. Neutral Mila +0+1 with HP+10 got 52 HP and can Pulse Tie foes with 53 HP or less. If need be, the player can forgo global Drive to run Refined Lightning Breath to Pulse Tie foes with up to 58 HP.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

You do not need 18 copies of Mila. Neutral Mila +0+1 with HP+10 got 52 HP and can Pulse Tie foes with 53 HP or less. If need be, the player can forgo global Drive to run Refined Lightning Breath to Pulse Tie foes with up to 58 HP.

You're reading the inequality wrong. If you have 52 HP, you can Pulse Tie opponents with 51 HP or less.

+10 Ophelia has 52 HP. +10 Igrene has 56 HP.

EDIT: Oh, and as a reminder, if there is a Time's Pulse Lysithea on the opposing team, she'll block Pulse Tie indefinitely.

Edited by Ice Dragon

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're reading the inequality wrong. If you have 52 HP, you can Pulse Tie opponents with 51 HP or less.

Ah, okay.

+10 Ophelia has 52 HP. +10 Igrene has 56 HP.

Lightning Breath is still an option I guess. That is 56 HP that foes have to clear.

EDIT: Oh, and as a reminder, if there is a Time's Pulse Lysithea on the opposing team, she'll block Pulse Tie indefinitely.

That is true.