Fire emblem thracia 776 movement bug

mklmklmklo

I have been playing Thracia 776 and after a few chapters, something happened and now Fergus is unable to move for some reason he is able to perform other actions. He just has zero movement

anyone know what's causing this ?

What chapter are you on? Are you able to beat the chapter with him deployed and alive and then check if he's still moveless? Try rescuing him or letting him be captured to see if that does anything.

The bug started in the chapter where you rescue dagdar and I'm on the very next chapter and the glitch still persists.Dismounting, mounting and rescuing seems to have no effect and on his status screen it still displays his move as normal

Do I have any idea?  Nope.

Do I think a bit more context would help?  Yep.

So, is this a vanilla ROM, or are you running it with patches?  If it's patched, which one(s)?

If you're not sure how to answer this without invoking the really strict ROM rules, PM me.

I'm using the li'l manster patch with all the qol changes

edit:just tried a few other alternatives and getting fergus in combat fixed the bug still not sure what caused the bug in the first place tho

Edited by mklmklmklo

If you have a copy of the unmodified ROM, try playing through that, and see if it hangs there.  There's also patching instructions that came with Lil' Manster, so check to make sure the various checksums match up.

11 hours ago, mklmklmklo said:

I'm using the li'l manster patch with all the qol changes

edit:just tried a few other alternatives and getting fergus in combat fixed the bug still not sure what caused the bug in the first place tho

You should report this and send your save file to the patch creators to check if it's their fault or something.

Edited by Tetragrammaton

I've had a very similar issue recently. I'm using version 1.04 of the Lil Manster patch. When the bug first occurred, I hadn't used any of the optional quality of life patches. On Chapter 9, I dismounted Karin on the gate tile to protect it from the swarms of enemies that come from the south. After she had been there for several turns, I tried to move her off the gate, but the game wouldn't let me move her anywhere else. I tried mounting and dismounting, but the problem stayed the same. Like mklm, her inventory screen displays what her movement speed should be, but on subsequent chapters, she still couldn't move. I tried engaging in combat like mklm did, using the arena in my case, but she still won't move. 

Edit: After engaging in a normal, non-arena round of combat like mklm did, Karin started moving normally again. I'll probably reach out to the Lil Manster patch creator(s) to see what might be causing the issue. 

Edited by Deenward