Mythic Hero Battle: Mila

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I have a SoV infantry team I used here (Dancing Berkut, Dancing Rinea, Boey, and original Alm) and there's something just so satisfying about slaying Mila with Alm. 🙂 I also love that she got her bro's battle theme. Really helps display that both extremes are dangerous (being too strict with the kids (Duma) and spoiling the kids rotten (Mila.))

This was the first time Laevatein was used in an Abyssal Hero Battle! So fresh after being +10ed to!

Spoiler

Cordelia needed to inherit Life and Death 3, since her usual skill Atk/Spd Push 4 did not work after that first battle with the Heavy Spear Flier, and she needed to drop her also usual Mystic Boost for Escape Route.
Laevatein is borrowing the Darting Stance 3 SS.
Azura usually has B Duel Flying, but she needed Iotes Shield to dissuade the Firesweep Bow Flier from attacking her.

For no color balance, 3 overpowered Blue units trumped everything Mila had to throw at me. Cordelia with her Brave + Heavy + Galeforce combo shredded every low-Defense unit who basically happened to exist next to anyone, herself included, while Julia was able to handle the low-Res units (and also that Axe Cav). Azura singing whoever as needed, and Laevatein... er... she tanked the Red Fafnir and Green Mage?

...man, compared to Spring Palla last month, Laevatein's Abyssal debut was underwhelming...

Edited by Xenomata

That was a really fun abyssal. I used Spring Iddun, Legendary Eliwood, Peony and Brave Michy. Iddun handled the top of the map and baited for the rest of the battle the Firesweep archer and the staff and slowly killed Mila. The rest were taking down the bottom of the map. Michy handed the kills and Eliwood's  Atk/Spd ruse and Peony's Gentle dream supported them. I had lots of fun with this one as it was not simple tanking but required more interesting tactics. 

Took me some tries, but Bride Micaiah as useful in this one. 

@Landmaster @Maaka @SatsumaFSoysoy @Sasori @Zeo @BoaFerox @mcsilas @daisy jane @mampfoid @Vicious Sal @SuperNova125

@LordFrigid Great job! The starting positions on these foes is pretty good for Galeforcing. Both Caedas did a great job, as well Leif. Of course, Naga's job was very important too.

@LordFrigid Good use of flier formations there to help out with the awful starting positions. Naga was definitely a blessing for this battle. Great clear!

@Diovani Bressan And the Micaiah abuse begins... Glad to see she did some work herself though and it wasn't just mini Marth eating everyone. Good job!

Bartre and Bartre return once again, although with heavy assistance from the other two. I just could not get enough attack on regular Bartre to one-round Mila thanks to the insane distance from the starting positions. Just ended up using Naga so he could tear through the red dragon and Mila.

Of all the MhBs this was the map that near broke me to the point of uninstalling FEH.  Honestly if there wasn't the damn reinforcements I would have been okay...I think.  Also the map music sucked.  I hate that particular soundtrack, like really hate it it's distracting af.

The only good out of this was Leif and Grimmy being able to tank.  Not my initial solution which is why I should have recorded the first multitude of attempts.  This was not worth the orbs.

3 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Of all the MhBs this was the map that near broke me to the point of uninstalling FEH.  Honestly if there wasn't the damn reinforcements I would have been okay...I think.  Also the map music sucked.  I hate that particular soundtrack, like really hate it it's distracting af.

The only good out of this was Leif and Grimmy being able to tank.  Not my initial solution which is why I should have recorded the first multitude of attempts.  This was not worth the orbs.

Wow, Male Grima survived the red ninja. That guy destroyed me on EP, so I had no choice but to kill him with Triangle Attack. What merge is Grima? 

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Wow, Male Grima survived the red ninja. That guy destroyed me on EP, so I had no choice but to kill him with Triangle Attack. What merge is Grima? 

9+

First off, apologizes to anyone who tagged me in the last few weeks with their clears.  Haven't been busier than usual or anything, but due to lack of challenge and interest I don't think I can muster the energy to participate in GHB/BHB threads anymore.  Anyway...

Narcian finally received his new refine, and what better way to show it off than a new Abyssal map?  His contributions have been somewhat lukewarm in the past, let's see if that changes.

Isolation is a super annoying effect, but IS had some mercy and made the reinforcements fairly tame.  One of the reasons I brought Nanna along was to try and Restore the effect away.  That, uh...didn't work out.  Atk Ploy on Julius is not really optimal since it can't even affect Mila, but for reasons unknown to me it was necessary to make the red dagger move in a favorable way.

I tried throwing Celica with 3 Dancers/Singers, NS!F!Corrin with 3 Dancres/Singers, flier team with 2 nukes and 2 Dancers/Singers, and BH!Ike with BH!Lucina and double Peonys, but none of that worked for me. The units are too bulky AND fast.

I think this is the first time I was not able to clear Abyssal in quite a while. I think I will just wait for Pheonixmaster1.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Here's my Abyssal clear: https://streamable.com/p2k40t

The video stops loading around the third second for me.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I tried throwing Celica with 3 Dancers/Singers, NS!F!Corrin with 3 Dancres/Singers, flier team with 2 nukes and 2 Dancers/Singers, and BH!Ike with BH!Lucina and double Peonys, but none of that worked for me. The units are too bulky AND fast.

I think this is the first time I was not able to clear Abyssal in quite a while. I think I will just wait for Pheonixmaster1.

I initially tried Male Morgan and 3 dancers on infernal and he pretty much failed.  It's ridiculous and disgusting and not the good disgusting that the enemies are stat balls.  Sorry to hear you had trouble.

Though out of curiosity why bother with the golden accessories anyway?

@mampfoid @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @LordFrigid @Wanda @GuiltyLove @Maaka @daisy jane

Can we all agree that that Bow Flier is the spawn of Satan himself?

This map was mean. If none of your units can reliably break 50 Spd, Mila's free +2's to everyone means you're going to be eating a lot of doubles, and Mila's allies have a lot of bullshit in their kits to make those doubles lethal. The unit that gave me the most grief with those doubles?

The Cleric.

I shit you not, I had to adjust my strat something like five times because events would conspire that allowed the Cleric to exact damage meme Midori or Nils with a maddening amount of frequency, and many of those cases would've been wins if she did just one less damage. The lightbulb went off when I realized I could use L!Eliwood to bait her, because he wasn't doing anything else except being a buffbot. The Red Thief and (as mentioned above) the Bow Flier were the other major headaches, but once those three were gone is was just a matter of keeping Mila away from the squishies.

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Divine Fang proves its utility once more.

@Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @Diovani Bressan

Isn't it fitting to use Y!Caeda against Milla? Caeda's Belief in Love prevails over the Goddess of Love. 

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Divine Fang proves its utility once more.

@Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @Diovani Bressan

I can usually clear abyssals just fine but this one also seems very challenging. Milla's buffs are making it harder to ORKO enemies and dancers are less effective due to isolation. Also, the rivers and walls make it hard to maneuver. 

19 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I initially tried Male Morgan and 3 dancers on infernal and he pretty much failed.  It's ridiculous and disgusting and not the good disgusting that the enemies are stat balls.  Sorry to hear you had trouble.

Yeah, I am not sure how else I can tweak Celica. I needed Fury to quickly get into Wings of Mercy range since she cannot get initiated on at full HP since the foes are so fast. I went with Growing Wind over Blazing Wind; once a foe is hit with Growing Wind, it is pretty to kill them, but the problem is that it takes a long time to charge Area Specials and there are a lot of reinforcements, so Blazing Wind's higher damage is not necessary and its smaller area is an issue. I ran Chills on my Dancers/Singers too, but even if it hits the right unit, there are still other fast and bulky units that needs to be hit by it as well.

For flier team, I guess I can try to do a little more tweaking with area Specials and see how that works out.

I cannot really do much tweaking for BH!Ike since his skill set is pretty static and I do not have a lot of skills for him.

I just saw a solo clear using Cordelia, so I think I will try that out.

19 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Though out of curiosity why bother with the golden accessories anyway?

I like to collect everything, and some of the gold accessories looks cool.

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I can usually clear abyssals just fine but this one also seems very challenging. Milla's buffs are making it harder to ORKO enemies and dancers are less effective due to isolation. Also, the rivers and walls make it hard to maneuver. 

Yeah, Isolation is an issue and the map is pretty cramped if you are not using fliers. I think I went the farthest using a flier team, but I still get overwhelmed by reinforcements eventually.

Well, Abyssal was quite challening but Infernal was quite easy.

To make Abyssal work, I had to find a way to avoid the Isolation, by giving Naga the Swap Assist. She also needed Steady Stance to survive some attacks.

58 minutes ago, XRay said:

meanwhile the askrtrio cleared this on Abyssal with Veronica! Maybe going pure Playerphase isnt the optimal strategie here?

I copied a Cordelia solo and made some tweaks and it worked out.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

meanwhile the askrtrio cleared this on Abyssal with Veronica! Maybe going pure Playerphase isnt the optimal strategie here?

Player Phase is where most of my investment went into and the play style I am most familiar with. My investment in Enemy Phase units is pretty limited. My best tanks are BH!Ike and Sharena, and I think that is about it. I could try using both of them, but it is going to take me a long time to try to figure it out on my own. I rather just find a Player Phase strategy that I can emulate and work my way from there.

@LordFrigid - there is no amount of Jealous about your +5 Caeda. i only got her once in a mountain of Marths. (sadness. such sadness). 

@Some Jerk - that Cleric pissed of heck out of me. not as much as the stupid Red Dagger. 

so - i'm humming along, using Igrene, Berkut (how much am I regretting not bothering to fix his -def now? BLEGH), had to switch to Ophelia for Infernal, and then... 
What to do for Abyssal.  All dem chunky fliers with Iotes, that stupid cleric with atk ploy and then it took me forever to realise that the dagger had axebreaker

Sophia was humming along but all of these 42++ speed units were killing her in the end. (ooh in August she's gonna eat so well, a Brammiond and a Mila. all dem "clink clinks").  Ophelia couldn't touch the greens without help, and of course mila's isolation. 

So- i figured why not eliminated some of the bigger issues out of the way. How to do this?
Why a team of  LOVE of course - 
Bride Micaiah and Valentine's Alm power up with special guest stars LAzura and Naga. 
Naga gave Alm the power to smash dragons, and Micaiah inflicted the debuffs so alm could take out the majority of the team minus firesweep bow dude and the cleric. 

Second turn, there's a horse - hahah, Micaiah's killed you and she can tank that red mage that was doubling everything. Alm is able to take out the lance flier (naga can't do that), and with no Mila, Azura's safe to dance another day. 

Third turn. I FINALLY murder that stupid chunky red dagger, alm tanks a hit from the red armour, and the cleric is now dishing out a lot of zeros. Bow cav is dead, mage is dead, all that's left is to kill the  everyone on the 4th turn. and wham. bam thank you ma'am. 

but man it was tough bananas. 

This map was easy once I got rid of that stupid Lull Green mage. I wasted some SI trying different combos only to find out the only thing I needed was Spd Smoke. Officer Hilda was certainly furious at all the work she had to do this time, which is why I let Spy Tsubasa to take the last kill.

Now if you excuse, I have to bump my head against Lif's MHB because that one is 5x harder than this. Expect a clear in the next 2 days.