Shadow Dragon except you cannot use any characters that have the letter A in their name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3w5QAzTiuw

This is a silly challenge idea that I started doing in Shadow Dragon since a bunch of the characters, including many of the best (Jagen, Caeda, Minerva, Barst, Lena, etc.), have an A in their name, and we rarely see FE runs with silly restrictions like this. It's been a lot of fun because it forces you to use some trash characters (Bord, Roger, Dolph) with just enough good ones (Merric, Wendell, Tiki) to keep you sane. My only problem is that it has to be played on Normal mode since, without Frey, Gordin (and I don't want to shock anyone with this) cannot solo Chapter 1, at least with any strategy I could formulate. I also couldn't figure out a way to beat Chapter 1 with just Gordin and Norne. To make the challenge harder since normal mode is mostly a cakewalk, I reclass Frey into an Archer in Chapter 5 and then bench him later.

I would definitely be interested if anyone has a strategy to beat Chapter 1 with just Gordin on a hard difficulty while also being fast enough to kill the thief before he reaches Wrys' village.

20 hours ago, eclipse said:

Solve the problem by having an unarmed Marth visit the village.  It'll change the thief's AI.

Marth is not allowed. I cannot see this playthrough happening xD

2 hours ago, SSJDennis said:

Marth is not allowed. I cannot see this playthrough happening xD

Then by the strict rules of the playthrough, the game is unwinnable.  Since Marth needs to seize and all.

Is Marth an exception to this rule? Since he's forced, is he only allowed to seize and visit villages?