June Legendary Hero/Double Special Hero Speculation: Paging Seliph's First Alt.

daisy jane

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m all in on 2019 Winter and 2020 NY units being the double special heroes. We have them line up perfectly too, with NY Anna + W Zephiel, NY Alfonse + W Nino, W Marth + NY Selkie, W Sothis + NY Lethe. Lots of stacked options here IMO.

Also, I agree it seems red is likely! Here’s hoping Eyvel stays far away from the banner lol

It's looking likely that the legendary hero for June is going to be red. I believe it is going to be earth season in June so it doesn't look likely it is going to be Corrin or Xander so...maybe it is finally Seliph's time to get an alt. I actually wouldn't mind if it was him if only because him getting a legendary alt makes it more likely for Marth and Chrom to win CYL5 together  Not really sure who else could be a red legendary hero besides Byleth.

As for the likely Double Special Heroes banner coming in June I am predicting

• Red- Winter Zephiel and either New Years Hrid or New Years Gunnthra
  • Blue- Winter Nino and either Winter Ephraim or New Years Duo Alfonse (depends if they are fine with putting two Duo heroes on the same banner)
  • Green- Winter Sothis and New Years Lethe
  • Colorless- Winter Duo Marth and New Years Selkie
Edited by NSSKG151

A third Tyrfing incarnation doesn't sound cool to me. But, what can they do? They understandably won't break from canon and throw him Naga.

In the case it is Seliph but don't forget Zigludo could work too, it'd probably be on horseback b/c promotion. Yet since FEH doesn't have Emperor Arvis yet, even if 85% of Emperor Arvis desire stems from Red Tome Armor, I think Seliph in Emperor armor would be fun. Grannvale reverts to a kingdom in the ending IIRC, but distinctly imperial regalia even on a glorious world-liberating king would be okay I think. I'm thinking of this mostly because of how if a kingdom didn't have an heir, Seliph receives it in the ending.

So, IS hinted at Baldr coming to Heroes eventually, and while he seems to fit into "mythic" (given figures like Bramimond and Altina), I do wonder if they'll make him a legendary hero instead. It's just strange that he hasn't come yet. If the legendary is one of his descendants, though, I actually wouldn't mind IS throwing a curve ball and giving Tyrfing to Ethlin. It's waaaaay too easy to forget that she's a descendant of Baldr too. However, I don't think she's quite as likely as her brother or nephew to get a legendary alt, despite being female. Now, it's important to remember that villainous heroes can be legendary too. That said, we may get someone using dark or fire magic, or even a beast or dragonstone unit (for example, maybe a red dragonstone legendary Corrin or a red tome legendary Leo or Elise just to mix things up), just to break from all the swords. (Arvis or Julius may be possibilities, albeit somewhat unlikely ones, since they're not lords.) Personally, I'd like to see Seliph not be a red legendary. It'd be fun to see him taking more after his mom and getting a staff. We may get Sigurd as a sword legendary though. Speaking of curve balls, it would be fun, though, to get something like a Rowan + Lianna sword legendary duo unit.

Ethlyn is literally unable to wield Tyrfing

If this is a route we're going to go down, we might as well have given Seliph Naga.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

It's waaaaay too easy to forget that she's a descendant of Baldr too.

Being a descendant of a crusader isn't what lets you use their weapon. Inheriting their major blood is.

Ethlin only has minor Baldo blood.

Same reason why Seliph can't use Naga (minor Narga blood), Julia can't use Valflame or Loptous (minor Fala and no Loptous blood), Julius can't use Valflame or Naga (minor Fala and no Narga blood), and Saias can't use Loptous (minor Loptous blood).

Edited by Ice Dragon

This and the next month have really good banners. This month in Red could have Sothis, with Lysithea/Eyvel and possibly a new hero along and blue Azura, Chrom and Peony makes it hard to pass. Also July's Altina, Ike, Roy and Thrasir, Edelgard are amzing. However I have to pass all of these (also skip Winter Sothis merge). I am waiting for August as it will be after CYL and it has DC fodder alongside Eirika which is +4 for some weird reason. Colourless has has Bramimond and Mila and both are +HP -Atk so they desperately need merges. Also Double the special of August will have Alfonse which is a unit I really want to use. 

Edited by SuperNova125

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Being a descendant of a crusader isn't what lets you use their weapon. Inheriting their major blood is.

Ethlin only has minor Baldo blood.

Same reason why Seliph can't use Naga (minor Narga blood), Julia can't use Valflame or Loptous (minor Fala and no Loptous blood), Julius can't use Valflame or Naga (minor Fala and no Narga blood), and Saias can't use Loptous (minor Loptous blood).

FE4 genetics are weird. It's not like they don't have their ancestors' blood. I think a better way to put it would have been to refer to it as carries vs visible traits. But I get what you're saying; this looks to be mostly due to mechanics. Oh well. (Then again, they gave bows to people when it didn't make much sense. Faye, for example, can't even use themin her home game, but both of her Heroes incarnations use them...)

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I think a better way to put it would have been to refer to it as carries vs visible traits.

Minor blood is still a "visible" trait, though, because (at least for the purpose of game mechanics) it gives the character higher growth rates and boosts the character's weapon level in the crusader's weapon type. Minor blood is more of a toned down version of major blood instead of just a "carrier" interaction.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Minor blood is still a "visible" trait, though, because (at least for the purpose of game mechanics) it gives the character higher growth rates and boosts the character's weapon level in the crusader's weapon type. Minor blood is more of a toned down version of major blood instead of just a "carrier" interaction.

Hmm true, true. My genetics vocabulary is failing me right now, too. Maybe "minor trait" instead of "minor blood" would make more sense. Major trait, minor trait, and carrier (for those who have ancestry not strong enough to actually show up.)

I would say that Claude is a possibility as a red flying bow. We don't have many flying bows and there isn't a coloured one so he could be the first (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). Also Edelgard with Aymr is green and Dimitri with Areadbhar will definitely be blue so to have a Lord of every colour it would make sense he is red (I am not counting byleth).

Edited by SuperNova125

29 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I would say that Claude is a possibility as a red flying bow. We don't have many flying bows and there isn't a coloured one so he could be the first (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). Also Edelgard with Aymr is green and Dimitri with Areadbhar will definitely be blue so to have a Lord of every colour it would make sense he is red (I am not counting byleth).

Gut says that Byleth will most likely end up as a Legendary, with the Sublime Creator Sword.

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

We've gotten blue and green bow fliers (Summer Lyn and NY Fjorm), but no red bow flier yet. In fact, all three red bow units so far are infantry - it's currently the only infantry exclusive weapon type.

There's a total of five bow fliers overall, with Super Hinoka, Summer Takumi, and Spring Loki being the other three.

Just now, Othin said:

We've gotten blue and green bow fliers (Summer Lyn and NY Fjorm), but no red bow flier yet. In fact, all three red bow units so far are infantry - it's currently the only infantry exclusive weapon type.

There's a total of five bow fliers overall, with Super Hinoka, Summer Takumi, and Spring Loki being the other three.

These two completely skipped my mind. Still, being seasonals is limiting their availability a lot as they are available twice per year at the very best. But my point still stands that flying bows which clade is guaranteed to be doesnt have lots of variety and options as a class and Red doesn't have any of them. Also I don't want him to be colourless as he would be a competition for Leif and Alm and more broken colourless bow Legendaries would be something I am not looking forward to. 

6 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

These two completely skipped my mind. Still, being seasonals is limiting their availability a lot as they are available twice per year at the very best. But my point still stands that flying bows which clade is guaranteed to be doesnt have lots of variety and options as a class and Red doesn't have any of them. Also I don't want him to be colourless as he would be a competition for Leif and Alm and more broken colourless bow Legendaries would be something I am not looking forward to. 

Yeah, agreed. So far, the Pair Up legendary weapon types are:

• 2 swords
  • 1 blue bow
  • 1 blue tome
  • 1 axe
  • 1 green tome
  • 2 colorless bows

So I think colorless bows are the last thing we need on more Pair Up legendaries right now.

It's honestly really sad to think of how unlikely the main lords of FE4 getting a legendary after so long is.  

Well, I want to save anyway, so it's whatever.  

Imho it's gonna be either Claude, one of Seliph or Sigurd, or Corrin since the Omega Yato still isn't in the game.

And it's an iconic weapon, they even use it in Smash.

But a pipe dream of mine would be Legendary Mist with Florete and a horse.

FE4 Lords are getting legendary alts when the Genealogy remake gets announced / released, of course 😉 

Red Bow Claude would be cool. I have no preference, though, he’s coming home regardless. 

Side note—shoutout to the updates graphic in the OP!! Super cool to see which units have been reran in some capacity. We can mark Forsyth off now too, even though there was no chance he was going to appear on this month’s anyway.

18 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

But a pipe dream of mine would be Legendary Mist with Florete and a horse.

Yeeeeeees!

And reading all this about red bow flier Claude, that'd be cool, yeah.

So, looks like Seliph, Sigurd, Claude, or Corrin are the contenders this month. Who knows, though? IS has done some off-the-wall stuff before.

On 5/31/2020 at 4:04 PM, eclipse said:

Gut says that Byleth will most likely end up as a Legendary, with the Sublime Creator Sword.

I would like Legendary Byleth in August's Banner, to go with the Three Houses CYL Banner. Having Byleth with his/her grown-up students would be pretty cool.

Spoiler

Byleth would probably be the promoted class, Enlightened One. Sublime Creator Sword (probably a slightly different name, since this name is quite long. They already changed the name from Sword of the Creator because of this) being a better version of the Creator Sword, probably having the same effect + DC on the weapon (?).

As Special, they could go with a better version of Ruptured Sky, being Sublime Sky (called Sublime Heaven in 3H, since Ruptured Sky is called Ruptured Heaven in 3H). Sublime Sky can be Ruptured Sky but with more damage (30%/60% instead of 20%/40%), or it could also have a healing effect, since the Crest of Flames has the ability of healing the user based on 30% of damage dealt.

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

So, looks like Seliph, Sigurd, Claude, or Corrin are the contenders this month. Who knows, though? IS has done some off-the-wall stuff before.

Corrin is a interesting case, since Corrin has two different promotions: Hoshido Noble and Nohr Noble.

Normally, Male Corrin is used to represent Hoshido, while the female one represents Norh. Hoshido Noble Corrin could be a healer, while Norh Noble Corrin could be a mage (maybe red mage, since we don't have a Legendary Red mage yet, and would be nice to have a red legendary that is not a sword unit), although Omega Yato is the safier choice. Legendary Corrin could be a dragon as well, but I feel we have too many dragon Corrins.

Another alternative could be...

Spoiler

Corrin could have the Cipher's promoted class: King/Queen of Valla. It would be a nice thing to have.

QYCycgx.png

I kinda wish they pick Male Corrin for Legendary, since they picked Female Robin for Legendary Villain Hero, but I know that Female Corrin is more popular.