June Legendary Hero/Double Special Hero Speculation: Paging Seliph's First Alt.

daisy jane

FE just has a lot of sword using lords, so the sword issue definitely isn't going to go away. That said ... blue's about as saturated as red is by this point, despite most of our lords not using lances.

Also, it doesn't help that Heroes insists on making a good number of its OCs who end up being mythic or legendary units swords as well. Hrid didn't have to be a sword. Lif was kind of stuck being the same weapon type as Alfonse, but Alfonse didn't need to be a sword to begin with. Mirabilis's weapon seemed vague enough so it could've been a not-sword as well. EDIT: I'm not really sure if Sothis had to be a red dragon either, but she's not an OC so I guess that's just more "they make dragons whatever the fuck they want them to be".

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the legendary candidates who are known for wielding swords Sigurd, Byleth and even Itsuki are likely to use swords for their legendary alt. Alfonse is also kind of locked into swords if they decide to give the Askr trio legendary alts someday. Xander can kind of go either way since it is likely he will still use Siegfried to match Ryoma but there is also a chance he could be an axe unit and wield Bolverk (and be another opportunity to add an axe cav to the game). At least with Corrin there is a chance they could be a tome, staff or dragon unit for their legendary form since the Nohr/Hoshido Noble classes were able to use those weapons.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Out of the legendary candidates who are known for wielding swords Sigurd, Byleth and even Itsuki are likely to use swords for their legendary alt. Alfonse is also kind of locked into swords if they decide to give the Askr trio legendary alts someday. Xander can kind of go either way since it is likely he will still use Siegfried to match Ryoma but there is also a chance he could be an axe unit and wield Bolverk (and be another opportunity to add an axe cav to the game). At least with Corrin there is a chance they could be a tome, staff or dragon unit for their legendary form since the Nohr/Hoshido Noble classes were able to use those weapons.

Actually Alfonse is not locked on Sword for a Legendary alt. He could use a divine version of his fathers axe weapon Glitnir.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Actually Alfonse is not locked on Sword for a Legendary alt. He could use a divine version of his fathers axe weapon Glitnir.

Eh, maybe but I more or less just see them giving him a new variant of Folkvangr.

12 hours ago, Hilda said:

Even if he does switch colors weapons one of the other Askar trio members will probably take his place with a Sword/red weapon. I don't see IS wanting weapon color overlap for the Askar trio if they get Legend forms. And I don't really see them making any of the trio colorless unless the decide to make one of the trio a healer.

Eh, I don't so much mind all the sword-wielding Legendary units. For a lot of them, it's kinda what they probably should be using honestly Lyn should have probably had a Super-Sol Katti. I'd expect Byleth and Corrin to use swords, and I actually hope we get Grandmaster Male Robin with some special Levin-style sword. I do understand the point, though, and there are a fair number of units who can definitely be justified in using other weapons; Sigurd could totally wield a lance, for example. But, hey, we are almost at the end of the line for Legendary sword candidates! Claude would be an archer, Dimitri and lancer, the other Fates royals + Azura would all be non-swordies (minus possibly Xander), and if they extend to officially designated "Lead" characters then I bet Caeda would get her Wing Spear with an extra effect, Ninian would be a dragon, Lilina a mage, Micaiah a mage or a staff unit, etc.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Azura would all be non-swordies (minus possibly Xander), and if they extend to officially designated "Lead" characters then I bet Caeda would get her Wing Spear with an extra effect, Ninian would be a dragon, Lilina a mage, Micaiah a mage or a staff unit, etc.

Uh, this pretty much already happened. Azura has a legendary and we've seen non-lords get legendary versions, those being Ryoma, Julia, Azura herself, and Tiki. Ryoma wasn't even a designated lead on that leads banner. And neither was Tiki, I believe. I know Julia was on it, but I don't remember if Azura was.

But regardless, we've already seen Azura and non-lords get legendary versions.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, this pretty much already happened. Azura has a legendary and we've seen non-lords get legendary versions, those being Ryoma, Julia, Azura herself, and Tiki. Ryoma wasn't even a designated lead on that leads banner. And neither was Tiki, I believe. I know Julia was on it, but I don't remember if Azura was.

But regardless, we've already seen Azura and non-lords get legendary versions.

I'm aware. Doesn't change my statement. We don't know how long they're actually going to keep Legendary units going, they could stop after they finish the 3H house leaders for all we know. The number of possible candidates is dwindling.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm aware. Doesn't change my statement. We don't know how long they're actually going to keep Legendary units going, they could stop after they finish the 3H house leaders for all we know. The number of possible candidates is dwindling.

...But it still makes your statement rather redundant. You said something should happen even though it already did. Basically. So I'm confused.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...But it still makes your statement rather redundant. You said something should happen even though it already did. Basically. So I'm confused.

It didn't say anything should happen. I said "if they extend."

Basically, if they keep going with Legendary units ("if they extend") then everyone left is a non-swordie.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It didn't say anything should happen. I said "if they extend."

Basically, if they keep going with Legendary units ("if they extend") then everyone left is a non-swordie.

And they DID extend already, is what I'm saying.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And they DID extend already, is what I'm saying.

Eh, I honestly don't really agree that they have. I've never agreed with anyone that Azura or Tiki are out of the norm or unexpected or "not main enough" or whatever. Azura has always been considered the co-protagonist of Fates since Day 1, she was always getting a Legendary. And Tiki has always been deeply rooted in the story and lore of three stories (Marth's two-part story and Awakening), and is connected to a fourth by proxy of sharing the same world (Echoes...she's basically a relative of Duma and Mila); she was always getting a Legendary. Personally, I think only Ryoma and Julia could be argued to be extensions, and I'm not sure they really are (Ryoma was done super early and likely before they had any concrete plans and Julia just seems to be a developer favorite, like Sanaki). More needs to happen for me to think they're extending it.

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eh, I honestly don't really agree that they have. I've never agreed with anyone that Azura or Tiki are out of the norm or unexpected or "not main enough" or whatever. Azura has always been considered the co-protagonist of Fates since Day 1, she was always getting a Legendary. And Tiki has always been deeply rooted in the story and lore of three stories (Marth's two-part story and Awakening), and is connected to a fourth by proxy of sharing the same world (Echoes...she's basically a relative of Duma and Mila); she was always getting a Legendary. Personally, I think only Ryoma and Julia could be argued to be extensions, and I'm not sure they really are (Ryoma was done super early and likely before they had any concrete plans and Julia just seems to be a developer favorite, like Sanaki). More needs to happen for me to think they're extending it.

Yeah. I would like to have Legendary Alts like Lilina or Caeda.

With the introduction of Mythic Heroes, the Legendary Heroes release slowed down from 12 to 6 per year... Not to mention OG characters taking some of these spots (in both Legendary and Mythics). I feel we would start to have more different Legendaries if wasn't for Mythic Heroes.

I agree with Diovani. (and honestly, I do like the idea of Mythic Heroes. again I'll maintain that i sorta kinda sucks that you have Lif and thrasir there. - honestly they coulda been legendary if they wanted whatever -only because I liked the idea of Mythic heroes being exactly that. The actual "Legends/Mythics" of the stories in most of the games. so. yeah you have the Gods, Naga, Mila, Duma (Ashera, and Ashunera etc etc) - but you also have Altena, and Marth's ancestor, and the guy in the Scourging who stopped it and stuff). the actual Legends. (before these guys became legends) 

Also i mean. say if someone does like Seliph, and wants legendary sword cav. they still have Hrid or Eirika to contemplate. yah the pool is saturated - but it's still good to have options. i still land on the "if they have good fodder, it's good enough for me" Hrid might be a sword cav, but he's a sword cav with DC thus it always makes red cool to pull from on his month. 

Blue somehow as saturated as red, despite having far less units who would canonically fall in blue, is definitely ... a thing. Ephraim, Dimitri, Azura (even if she's a blue tome instead of a blue lance), and Julia as a traditional light mage are the only characters who would canonically be blue, I think. But for some reason they added a lot of things like blue bows and dragons, along with Fjorm and Peony both being blue.

I feel like characters who aren't locked to red or blue should consider being green or colorless.

Despite not having a lot of colorless legendary or mythic heroes, we still do not have a single staff heroes that is Legendary or Mythic.

Edited by Nym

7 minutes ago, Nym said:

Despite not having a lot of colorless legenary or mythic heroes, we still do not have a single staff heroes that is Legendary or Mythic.

This is one reason I've been hoping for legendary flying healer Elincia. I'm not sure why staff wielders keep getting shafted. They haven't gotten any refines either.

10 minutes ago, Nym said:

Despite not having a lot of colorless legendary or mythic heroes, we still do not have a single staff heroes that is Legendary or Mythic.

I wanted Seliph and Leif to be staves

If we do end up getting male Corrin, I hope he's a staff user

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

This is one reason I've been hoping for legendary flying healer Elincia. I'm not sure why staff wielders keep getting shafted. They haven't gotten any refines either.

Or the guy who serves the goddess of Order Ashera, always forget his name.

I think IS shot themselves in the foot. Wrazzle Dazzle is just too good and most healers have tissue's level of defense.

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

Or the guy who serves the goddess of Order Ashera, always forget his name.

I think IS shot themselves in the foot. Wrazzle Dazzle is just too good and most healers have tissue's level of defense.

That's Sephiran. I feel like he'd be a normal banner unit though, and then a mythic as Lehran.

And yeah, but it hasn't stopped them from giving new healer units prfs sometimes.

31 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If we do end up getting male Corrin, I hope he's a staff user

Only problem with this if we get Hoshidan prince Corrin, we also going to need Nohrian princess Corrin (tome user). And we already know how the player base is going to react to that.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's Sephiran. I feel like he'd be a normal banner unit though, and then a mythic as Lehran.

And yeah, but it hasn't stopped them from giving new healer units prfs sometimes.

I hate how he has two names, always confused me.

Yeah, and all of them have Dazzle or Wrathful included in the prf which only shows the problem IS put themselves into. And it's not like they can't fix this, but I know they won't.

19 minutes ago, Nym said:

Only problem with this if we get Hoshidan prince Corrin, we also going to need Nohrian princess Corrin (tome user). And we already know how the player base is going to react to that.

A part of me has already accepted the possibility of getting two Corrins as legendaries, tbh.

Fates is ... well, Fates is fucking weird when compared to Awakening, Fates, and 3H in how the avatar is used. Male Corrin is almost always associated with Hoshido, and female Corrin is almost always associated with Nohr, to the point where the official box art and the Heirs of Fate DLC operate on that assumption. I can see a situation where neither of the Corrins are legendary heroes and instead Ryoma, Azura, and Xander represent the three major factions of Fates. I could also see a situation where we get both Corrins and Xander, with two representatives from Hoshido and Nohr each.

Putting in only one Corrin - might - cause a bit more of a stink though, especially if said Corrin is given either Hoshidan or Nohrian garb. Even if Heroes makes nothing about male or female avatar, or the "true path", canon, people are going to still take issue with it and be like, "fuck Heroes for making male/female Corrin and/or Hoshido/Nohr canon!" Even if you give Corrin a new outfit that's based on neither Nohr or Hoshido but the third country people will still raise a stink over "why does male/female get to be the legendary". From my observations, it feels like fans of male and female Corrin are usually mutually exclusive.

Honestly, there's no good way in implementing the Corrins. The best option would've been to have legendary Ryoma and legendary Xander pair-up legendaries, with male Corrin and female Corrin cheerleading them on, but. Too late for that! 

38 minutes ago, Nym said:

I hate how he has two names, always confused me.

Yeah, and all of them have Dazzle or Wrathful included in the prf which only shows the problem IS put themselves into. And it's not like they can't fix this, but I know they won't.

It is kinda confusing if you don't know the context behind it, yeah. Basically, Lehran is his real name, he's just going by Sephiran because he lost his laguz abilities and is hiding that secret.

Well, without Wrathful Staff, at least, healers deal crappy damage and aren't useful for anything but healing. So...there's an issue regardless, I guess.

If we get two legendary Corrins, we better get a second legendary Robin too. Because Robin deserves to have the Levin Sword at some point.