I’ve painted myself in to a corner, Halp!

So I decided that I’m gonna have Marianne master all her classes(on multiple playthru) . On my current playthru I have bit the bullet and have focused on the Axe infantry and armored class lines. Marianne is currently a great knight... but I really don’t want to keep her the that class for longer then needed. Her current stats are Lv 36 27 str 26 mag 19 dex 14 spd 15 lck 28 def 25 res 23 cha. Her skill levels are Lance, Bow, brawl and flying are E, reason D+, sword C, faith C+, Riding B+, Armor A, Authority and Axe A+. What is everyone’s suggestions on what to do with her now?  

Give her a magic axe. Things as you have them now are difficult to fix. If you had trained her in flying, you could use her as a wyvern rider/lord.

Or you could start with the sword and faith classes, since she already has some development in them.

I like that everyone is like "Just bolt axe it". as it sits her Str in higher then her mag so her physical damage is better then her mag. She has death blow too.

It's one point of difference, and enemies usually have way lower Res than Def. You can still carry a secondary axe, but the Bolt Axe is something you should strongly consider. Which classes have you already mastered by the way?

I would have pushed for Marianne's Frozen Lance budding talent. Great Knight even comes with lancefaire for an extra five damage, though it won't take advantage of death blow on account of being a magic attack. It'll especially be a great attack against enemies in terrain since it ignores terrain bonuses. No lance prowess necessary, and even with an iron lance it should compare to the damage of some heavy axe with death blow equipped. You can also give her Luin and Lance of Ruin at any lance rank to frozen lance with. Those are repaired with a very common ore type.

Altogether though, you can stick with flailing physical axes if this is a normal difficulty playthrough. There's nothing wrong with her stats unless this is a marianne solo run.

Edited by Glennstavos

No the Marianne solo run was her as a dark flier, she just ruined everything, She has mastered Fighter, Brigand, Peg Knight(bought), Armored Knight, Fortress Knight and Warrior right now.

Her faith rank seems high enough to still try going for Bishop, few levels in priest should get you there sooner. (or just buy the rank using renown)

Otherwise, if you have the dlc, maybe Trickster? Not sure about its prerequisites, but sounds very possible.

32 minutes ago, whase said:

Her faith rank seems high enough to still try going for Bishop, few levels in priest should get you there sooner. (or just buy the rank using renown)

Otherwise, if you have the dlc, maybe Trickster? Not sure about its prerequisites, but sounds very possible.

I forgot about trickster... it’s sword and faith I think B in both but... that would help a bit with her spd

just remember it also requires the thief certification (which is fine for you, but it means you can't class into trickster straightaway). You definitely get the opportunity to class into Trickster once you get B rank in one weapon and C rank in the other, so pouring everything into Faith (and temporarily reclassing Marianne into Priest if you have the cert) could make Trickster accessible by the time two in-game weeks have passed (one week for Thief cert, the second for Trickster).

18 minutes ago, haarhaarhaar said:

just remember it also requires the thief certification (which is fine for you, but it means you can't class into trickster straightaway). You definitely get the opportunity to class into Trickster once you get B rank in one weapon and C rank in the other, so pouring everything into Faith (and temporarily reclassing Marianne into Priest if you have the cert) could make Trickster accessible by the time two in-game weeks have passed (one week for Thief cert, the second for Trickster).

I’ll probably do that as well, it will cross trickster of the mastery list too. Last playthru I had her be a Dark Flier and good lord she destroyed... so after op Marianne, I get struggling Marianne.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by ciphertul