The Crossing - Stay a while, share your tale...

12 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but I can definitely relate to internalizing others' emotions to the point that it affects me negatively. Video games and the forums have been the only escape I have from the anxiety and depression I've felt in the past several months. I hope things get better for you.

I get this as well. I'm terrible at expressing my emotions to others around me, much less on an online platform.

It's okay, and thanks. Hope things get better for you as well.

10 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

With that in mind, please feel free to PM me if you ever want to!! I understand the potential awkwardness of public rooms like this.

Who is the fox girl?

No problem. I will keep it in mind.

It is Tamamo from the Fate series, aka the best character ever created by human hands.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Ahh! I thought she looked familiar but I couldn't place it! 😛

And don’t you forget it!

I've started trying to plan my return to STUDENT LIFE.

I'm looking into doing a Library Sciences master's degree (since I'm struggling to get a library job without one). The funny thing is, even though I live in the USA now, it's waaaay more affordable for me to just do online classes at a UK university. It's a little tricky figuring out the best options, but I'm feeling pretty good about actually making steps towards what I want to do with my life.

I'm not super excited at the thought of having to do lots of studying and essay writing again... but the less I think about that, the better.

Hey, nice! Well, sort of. School just ended yesterday for us in BC. It's gonna be weird starting high school with online courses, that's for sure!

On 6/26/2020 at 5:26 PM, Tylwyth Teg said:

I've started trying to plan my return to STUDENT LIFE.

I'm looking into doing a Library Sciences master's degree (since I'm struggling to get a library job without one). The funny thing is, even though I live in the USA now, it's waaaay more affordable for me to just do online classes at a UK university. It's a little tricky figuring out the best options, but I'm feeling pretty good about actually making steps towards what I want to do with my life.

I'm not super excited at the thought of having to do lots of studying and essay writing again... but the less I think about that, the better.

Guess that will be quite hard to enjoy return to studies, but maybe you'll enjoiy it at last! 🙂

But, yeah I can understand what you are feeling, I guess it's hard to try to plan a return to student life. 

I really hope you'll feel better once you have made and clear your plans. 

Edited by FireFenrir

On 6/26/2020 at 12:26 PM, Benice said:

Hey, nice! Well, sort of. School just ended yesterday for us in BC. It's gonna be weird starting high school with online courses, that's for sure!

That will be a strange adjustment!! Might be fun though. School in pyjamas!

On 6/26/2020 at 12:39 PM, Hong Nhi said:

this is a good topic. thank you for make it. 🙂 I hope everyone would feel better. 

Please feel welcome to stay and chat 🙂 

On 6/26/2020 at 4:50 PM, FireFenrir said:

Guess that will be quite hard to enjoy return to studies, but maybe you'll enjoiy it at last! 🙂

But, yeah I can understand what you are feeling, I guess it's hard to try to plan a return to student life. 

I really hope you'll feel better once you have made and clear your plans. 

Thank you! With every day that passes, plans feel a little clearer. It’s difficult to plan efficiently with the world being a little crazy right now, haha! 

I hope you had a lovely birthday! 

Your new profile picture is cuuuuute 

13 hours ago, Wraith said:

...Hello? Is anyone here? It’s cold and there are wolves about, and Marth is telling me I’m drunk.

Hello again Wraith! You were drunk last time, too 😛 I’m glad Marth is keeping an eye on you at least

Edited by Tylwyth Teg

2 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Thank you! With every day that passes, plans feel a little clearer. It’s difficult to plan efficiently with the world being a little crazy right now, haha! 

I hope you had a lovely birthday! 

Your new profile picture is cuuuuute 

Thank you for asking about my birthday and yes that was a lovely day 😄

Haha, Riki is cute in everything he does ^^

On 6/28/2020 at 8:10 AM, Wraith said:

Yeah but he was being condescending about it.

Haha, dammit Marth 😂

On 6/28/2020 at 9:30 AM, FireFenrir said:

Thank you for asking about my birthday and yes that was a lovely day 😄

Haha, Riki is cute in everything he does ^^

Have you started your Riki plush yet? o uo

7 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Haha, dammit Marth 😂

Have you started your Riki plush yet? o uo

Ah sadly no, fabric is too expensive >.<

May I could found some alt fabric that is soft and could make as Riki's fur, but I've searched for a while and that was too expensive sadly.

27 minutes ago, FireFenrir said:

Ah sadly no, fabric is too expensive >.<

May I could found some alt fabric that is soft and could make as Riki's fur, but I've searched for a while and that was too expensive sadly.

That's unfortunate!! Maybe someday fabric will become more affordable. It would be cool to see!

*The clanking of bottles can be heard as Wraith enters the empty grove, finishing his bottle of whiskey*

This is a nice place, far away from those crazy Brits and non-drunk people. I think I'll just sit down and rest. 

*Wraith lies down on the soft grass, removing the many bottles of whiskey from his person and placing them before himself on the ground. He lays down with a freshly opened bottle ready to be consumed. After a few minutes and draining half the bottle, Wraith lies down on the grass and falls asleep*

Edited by Wraith

On 7/3/2020 at 3:49 AM, Wraith said:

*The clanking of bottles can be heard as Wraith enters the empty grove, finishing his bottle of whiskey*

This is a nice place, far away from those crazy Brits and non-drunk people. I think I'll just sit down and rest. 

*Wraith lies down on the soft grass, removing the many bottles of whiskey from his person and placing them before himself on the ground. He lays down with a freshly opened bottle ready to be consumed. After a few minutes and draining half the bottle, Wraith lies down on the grass and falls asleep*

So what do you do when not drinking whisky, Wraith? 😛 

On 7/5/2020 at 2:49 AM, Wraith said:

I tend to read as my primary source of entertainment and enjoyment.

Nice! I've really gotten back into reading as a hobby this year. Currently reading The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. I'm only about a quarter through, but so far I would definitely recommend it if the sound of a fantasy heist novel appeals to you!

8 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Nice! I've really gotten back into reading as a hobby this year. Currently reading The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. I'm only about a quarter through, but so far I would definitely recommend it if the sound of a fantasy heist novel appeals to you!

If your interested in getting into any new fantasy series, I put up a list in the entertainment forum.

There are several series there which I would highly recommend, plus links to audiobooks were I you could find them.

Looking for work as a writer is annoying, especially when you're a college student with entry-level experience (and an international pandemic is going on as well). I would love to make writing my career and improve my writing ability, but sometimes it seems like the working world just isn't meant for those with artistic leanings.

Edited by twilitfalchion

On 7/7/2020 at 1:12 AM, Wraith said:

If your interested in getting into any new fantasy series, I put up a list in the entertainment forum.

Fantastic!! I’ll definitely keep this in mind when seeking new books in the future. Thank you, Wraith 🙂 

On 7/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, twilitfalchion said:

Looking for work as a writer is annoying, especially when you're a college student with entry-level experience (and an international pandemic is going on as well). I would love to make writing my career and improve my writing ability, but sometimes it seems like the working world just isn't meant for those with artistic leanings.

As an illustrator, I can relate to this problem!! I would love for it to be more than a hobby, but it is very difficult to find opportunities. 

What kind of work as a writer are you seeking?

BTW everyone, I apologise if my replies are slow. Both my jobs just started back up again, so I’ve gone from 100% free time down to like 25% 😅

Just now, Tylwyth Teg said:

What kind of work as a writer are you seeking?

BTW everyone, I apologise if my replies are slow. Both my jobs just started back up again, so I’ve gone from 100% free time down to like 25%

Hey, no worries. I'm glad work's started back up for you. 👍

I would like to get into writing fiction, but I also don't mind writing about politics. I just love fiction enough that I'd prefer to do that if possible. I only started writing fanfics recently (which aren't that great but hey), and I enjoy it a lot.

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hey, no worries. I'm glad work's started back up for you. 👍

I would like to get into writing fiction, but I also don't mind writing about politics. I just love fiction enough that I'd prefer to do that if possible. I only started writing fanfics recently (which aren't that great but hey), and I enjoy it a lot.

Writing fiction would be fantastic! And writing fan fiction is as good a way as any to get into it. You don’t have to worry about creating worlds and characters with fanfiction, and instead can focus on improving writing in fun and interesting scenarios! 

(the same logic applies to fan art, which I enjoy creating)

Been back at work the past couple of weeks. It’s nice seeing people, but we’re all just pretending things are back to normal. 2000 students are about to return to the university in our small town. Can’t see that going down too well :x 

Otherwise, life is well enough! Took my wife to a nearby waterfall this morning. The forested trail to get there was beautiful. It felt so old, with huge rocks and trees engulfed in thick moss. So refreshing!