The Crossing - Stay a while, share your tale...

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

T'was a pretty slow weekend, but I got to go on a really nice hike! I'm really lucky to live near some mountains, even if they're pretty small. It's also kind of sad though, because usually at this time of year we drive out to the rocky mountains for the weekends to hike. Still, you can't look a gift horse in the mouth, and I am truly glad to be able to do as much outside stuff as I am.

Hiking in the rocky mountains must be amazing!! I'm glad to hear you've still got some nice hikes closer to home though.

It's much the same here. We're lucky to live in the Berkshires in Massachusetts, so thankfully we have no shortage of really nice trails nearby. I wouldn't like to be living in a city right now!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Had a bit of a rough day today, but I did make a terrarium out of local resources and a pasta sauce jar! I’m excited to see how it ends up

That's too bad. Glad to hear that you got some cool stuff started!

I got to go to band class today and we did improvised solos! It was...Truly awful in the best possible way.

I'm now on my way to becoming the world's premier jazz oboist!

6 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Had a bit of a rough day today, but I did make a terrarium out of local resources and a pasta sauce jar! I’m excited to see how it ends up

That's bad.... But hope today will be a better day for you 😄

Good to know you did some great things! I hope to see how it ends up too! 

I also have one or two projects to began when I have time to waste, but I'm too lazy for began them >.<

*Comes crashing through the door followed by a mountain of empty whisky bottles*

Oh god...I'm old, drunk and its been a decade to the day since I graduated from high school.

*Tries to drink from one of the bottles only to find its empty*

NO! Whisky, why have you betrayed me!?! 

13 hours ago, Benice said:

That's too bad. Glad to hear that you got some cool stuff started!

I got to go to band class today and we did improvised solos! It was...Truly awful in the best possible way.

I'm now on my way to becoming the world's premier jazz oboist!

Band class sounds fun! I miss having group activities like that. Once life resumes here, I should look to see if there is something local I can join! (I used to have a group of people back at home who would meet up weekly to draw comics and it was such a lovely time!)

Can't wait to hear your oboe jazz 😛

7 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

That's bad.... But hope today will be a better day for you 😄

Good to know you did some great things! I hope to see how it ends up too! 

I also have one or two projects to began when I have time to waste, but I'm too lazy for began them >.<

I'll post pictures of the terrarium if it survives! 😛 We'll see what it looks like in a few weeks...

What projects are you hoping to start? You can do it!!

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

*Comes crashing through the door followed by a mountain of empty whisky bottles*

Oh god...I'm old, drunk and its been a decade to the day since I graduated from high school.

*Tries to drink from one of the bottles only to find its empty*

NO! Whisky, why have you betrayed me!?! 

Hello Wraith - that was quite the entrance!!

...If you're old - then I'm older! I hope the mountain of whisky bottles didn't crush you 😐

7 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

What projects are you hoping to start? You can do it!!

Well, yesterday when I was playing Xenoblade the idea to make a real size Riki plush came in my mind. (he is only 60cm) But it's been a while I don't sew and I never embroid, so that could be a bit hard. But some years ago, maybe I could do it because I sewed lots of things. And  I improved myself on that, since I started, but I actually stopped, and maybe loose my skills on that, but I could even tried, that's not a problem after all, just need the materials.

Edited by FireFenrir

1 hour ago, FireFenrir said:

Well, yesterday when I was playing Xenoblade the idea to make a real size Riki plush came in my mind. (he is only 60cm) But it's been a while I don't sew and I never embroid, so that could be a bit hard. But some years ago, maybe I could do it because I sewed lots of things. And  I improved myself on that, since I started, but I actually stopped, and maybe loose my skills on that, but I could even tried, that's not a problem after all, just need the materials.

That is such a good idea!! I would love to see a life-sized Riki plush.

His shape shouldn't be too challenging. He's just a ball with arms, legs and hair 😄 If you do start to make him, please show me some progress photos!

8 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

That is such a good idea!! I would love to see a life-sized Riki plush.

His shape shouldn't be too challenging. He's just a ball with arms, legs and hair 😄 If you do start to make him, please show me some progress photos!

No problem! that would be a pleasure to make this project and post the progress here 😄

3 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

No problem! that would be a pleasure to make this project and post the progress here 😄

Yay!

I'm a big fan of Riki. He's so much better than Tatsu.... 😣

5 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Once life resumes here, I should look to see if there is something local I can join! (I used to have a group of people back at home who would meet up weekly to draw comics and it was such a lovely time!)

That does sound really fun! Hopefully you get to partake, (Or should I say artake) in this comic group again soon!

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hopefully you get to partake, (Or should I say artake) in this comic group again soon!

Congratulations! You earn ETERNAL GLORY for the first pun of this thread! 🏆

22 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

😛 Hello Wraith - that was quite the entrance!!

...If you're old - then I'm older! I hope the mountain of whisky bottles didn't crush you 😐

Wait...you're Welsh? Oh my god, I found someone who's not a dry humoured, crazy, condescending Brit. Finally, proper human contact! 

Edited by Wraith

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Wait...you're Welsh? Oh my god, I found someone who's not a dry humoured, crazy, condescending Brit. Finally, proper human contact! 

We Welsh are a friendly sort 😛 Where are you from, friend?

32 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

We Welsh are a friendly sort 😛 Where are you from, friend?

The United States, but I'm currently living in London. Wales is a very beautiful country. 

Edited by Wraith

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The United States, but I'm currently living in London. Wales is a very beautiful country. 

Haha, we've swapped countries 😛

I hope the lockdown stuff over there hasn't affected you too much. I heard from my family that it had been very strict where they live in Wales (which, on one hand, is good! But on the other hand, isolation can be tough!)

Just now, Tylwyth Teg said:

It's my birthday this coming Wednesday! Don't have much planned (due to lockdown), but we are gonna get a feast from our local Indian restaurant!!

Ooh sounds great! Mine is next week (Thursday 25th) but I have nothing planned yet. Everything I like doing for my birthday is actually closed 

9 minutes ago, FireFenrir said:

Ooh sounds great! Mine is next week (Thursday 25th) but I have nothing planned yet. Everything I like doing for my birthday is actually closed 

Nice!!! I hope that you'll be able to make some plans. Maybe you'll be lucky and some places will open by then!

6 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Nice!!! I hope that you'll be able to make some plans. Maybe you'll be lucky and some places will open by then!

Yeah I really hope too! I just have one week left for decide what I'm gonna do this day, 

7 minutes ago, FireFenrir said:

Yeah I really hope too! I just have one week left for decide what I'm gonna do this day, 

Do you live near family and friends? I hope that you can at least spend some time with them, and maybe eat some of your favourite foods!

3 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Do you live near family and friends? I hope that you can at least spend some time with them, and maybe eat some of your favourite foods!

I have a very closed friend who live close to me, but she will be at school this day sadly. And I would certainly be with my close family  😄 I will certainly make an excellent cake I have at every of my birthday haha, that would be at least show that it's a special day 

Edited by FireFenrir

38 minutes ago, FireFenrir said:

I have a very closed friend who live close to me, but she will be at school this day sadly. And I would certainly be with my close family  😄 I will certainly make an excellent cake I have at every of my birthday haha, that would be at least show that it's a special day 

The cake sounds perfect!! We are going to have a cake with strawberries and cream, though I am tempted to also make a cheesecake (my favourite!)

3 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

The cake sounds perfect!! We are going to have a cake with strawberries and cream, though I am tempted to also make a cheesecake (my favourite!

Sounds to be great cakes! I love cheesecakes too, but for my birthday I rather prefer rolled cake filled of hazelnut cocoa spread. Can only eat it if you're not scared of all the calories in contain haha

2 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

It's my birthday this coming Wednesday! Don't have much planned (due to lockdown), but we are gonna get a feast from our local Indian restaurant!!

Happy birthday!

58 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

cheesecake

Cheesecake is the Florina of cake-Obviously the best in every way!