The Crossing - Stay a while, share your tale...

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

Cheesecake is the Florina of cake-Obviously the best in every way!

TightUnknownJay-size_restricted.gif

2 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

It's my birthday this coming Wednesday! Don't have much planned (due to lockdown), but we are gonna get a feast from our local Indian restaurant!!

Sounds good. Happy pre-Birthday!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

Sounds to be great cakes! I love cheesecakes too, but for my birthday I rather prefer rolled cake filled of hazelnut cocoa spread. Can only eat it if you're not scared of all the calories in contain haha

We can work together and devour those calories >:D

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Happy birthday!

Cheesecake is the Florina of cake-Obviously the best in every way!

This thread is secretly a Florina fan-club. I'm really enjoying her in FE7!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sounds good. Happy pre-Birthday! 

Thank you very much!

On 6/17/2020 at 2:12 AM, FireFenrir said:

Happy Birthday to you Tylwyth Teg! May this day be peaceful to you!

On 6/17/2020 at 10:22 AM, Benice said:

Happy birthday, Tylwyth Teg! Have a good one!

On 6/17/2020 at 10:28 AM, twilitfalchion said:

Happy Birthday @Tylwyth Teg!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!! That's very kind of you! I had a nice couple of days, with lots of video calls and phone calls to family and friends. It was nice to talk to so many people! Though I need to recover a bit now 😛 I enjoyed having a day today spent at my desk drawing my comic. Very refreshing!

15 hours ago, Benice said:

So, Tylwyth Teg, how are you enjoying FE7?

I am LOVING it! I was instantly so delighted by the absolute playability of the game by modern standards. I don't feel like I have stepped back to something more archaic, and I'm not really sure why I had expected I would. I'm currently on chapter 22 or 23 of Eliwood's story, and there hasn't been a single map so far that I've not enjoyed. I'm very excited think that I still have two more GBA titles to play in the future, when I'm finished with this!

Very much looking forward to Hector's route. I've grown very fond of him

10 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!! That's very kind of you! I had a nice couple of days, with lots of video calls and phone calls to family and friends. It was nice to talk to so many people! Though I need to recover a bit now 😛 I enjoyed having a day today spent at my desk drawing my comic. Very refreshing!

Glad to know you could see your family and friends for your birthday 😄 That's a great thing!

13 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

Glad to know you could see your family and friends for your birthday 😄 That's a great thing!

It was very refreshing!! Living so far from home can be tough, but I’ve been able to talk with a lot of family and friends lately. I really appreciate it!

On 6/19/2020 at 12:56 PM, Tylwyth Teg said:

I am LOVING it! I was instantly so delighted by the absolute playability of the game by modern standards. I don't feel like I have stepped back to something more archaic, and I'm not really sure why I had expected I would.

Yeah, the GBA games are quite good mechanic-wise by modern standards, other than somewhat FE6.

Speaking of which, I'd personally play FE8 before FE6 because

1. FE6 is quite hard and has fewer QoL features than FE7 and 8
  2. I've never met anyone who liked FE7 and FE6-Only one or the other.

I'm not saying that FE6 is a bad game or anything, it's just less polished than FE7. However, there is a numbers patch that makes it more like FE7 if you dislike the game's differences from it. (Such as swordmasters and Berserkers having +30 to crit in the vanilla, axes being innacurate in the vanilla, etc. It's just a completely different game.) I will be the first to admit that FE6 is not the best FE game; I just like it a lot. I like its oddities and flaws.

Oh, and ambush spawns are a thing in FE6, so watch out.

Glad to hear you're having fun!

On 6/19/2020 at 12:56 PM, Tylwyth Teg said:

I'm currently on chapter 22 or 23 of Eliwood's story, and there hasn't been a single map so far that I've not enjoyed.

Oh boy. Be warned that Battle Before Dawn, (Chapter 25, I think) is pretty narsty.

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I've never met anyone who liked FE7 and FE6-Only one or the other.

Haha. This is definitely true of me. I love FE7 but FE6 frustrated me to no end.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh boy. Be warned that Battle Before Dawn, (Chapter 25, I think) is pretty narsty.

It's very easy to get RNG-screwed if Jaffar dies early. I learned that the hard way. Oh, and it's ridiculously easy to get OHKO'd by Ursula if you move too close to the bottom portion of the map. It's a much safer option if you just defend Zephiel and wait out the turns.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Haha. This is definitely true of me. I love FE7 but FE6 frustrated me to no end.

Exactly the same thing for me but backwards. I love FE6 but FE7 annoyed me so much!

On 6/20/2020 at 4:42 PM, Benice said:

Speaking of which, I'd personally play FE8 before FE6 because

1. FE6 is quite hard and has fewer QoL features than FE7 and 8
  2. I've never met anyone who liked FE7 and FE6-Only one or the other.

I'm not saying that FE6 is a bad game or anything, it's just less polished than FE7. However, there is a numbers patch that makes it more like FE7 if you dislike the game's differences from it. (Such as swordmasters and Berserkers having +30 to crit in the vanilla, axes being innacurate in the vanilla, etc. It's just a completely different game.) I will be the first to admit that FE6 is not the best FE game; I just like it a lot. I like its oddities and flaws.

This is good to know! I wasn't sure which of the two I'd move onto next. I'm sure I'll enjoy the QoL stuff in FE8, but I'm also willing to accept weird quirks and oddities in FE6! After all, that's kind of what I was expecting from FE7.

On 6/20/2020 at 4:49 PM, twilitfalchion said:

It's very easy to get RNG-screwed if Jaffar dies early. I learned that the hard way. Oh, and it's ridiculously easy to get OHKO'd by Ursula if you move too close to the bottom portion of the map. It's a much safer option if you just defend Zephiel and wait out the turns.

Thank you both for the warning and tips for chapter 25! I'll try to be prepared!

How is everyone doing on this fine Monday? I hope you had a good weekend.

Looks like businesses are starting to reopen here, so I'll likely be resuming my job on July 6th (after three months off work! It has, admittedly, been glorious). I am, however, looking forward to having some spending money again. There are some good games coming out in the next few months that I'm really looking forward to! Wonderful 101, the new Paper Mario (I'm tentatively optimistic), and Crosscode finally coming to Switch.

14 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Thank you both for the warning and tips for chapter 25! I'll try to be prepared!

Do note that if you are playing Eliwood normal and have trained Canas, if you can reach Ursula while she has her heavy tome equipped, Canas may be able to One-round her with Luna. His (Genereally) Sky-high res also help him to be good for this job; however, this doesn't end the map. It most certainly makes it easier, though!

And if you can, try to have Nino talk to Jaffar; there are some special events that occur if you do!

16 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Looks like businesses are starting to reopen here, so I'll likely be resuming my job on July 6th (after three months off work! It has, admittedly, been glorious).

That's great! Good to hear that where you live is starting to open up.

Here, I'm rather nervous because there's not a single case in the whole huge region I live in, (And less than ten in the whole province,) but people have been getting really lax about precautions and travel within the province is opening up today. Still, I'm happy because it looks like our backpacking trip's not gonna be cancelled, and I even get to go on one this week!

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

Do note that if you are playing Eliwood normal and have trained Canas, if you can reach Ursula while she has her heavy tome equipped, Canas may be able to One-round her with Luna. His (Genereally) Sky-high res also help him to be good for this job; however, this doesn't end the map. It most certainly makes it easier, though!

And if you can, try to have Nino talk to Jaffar; there are some special events that occur if you do!

That's great! Good to hear that where you live is starting to open up.

Here, I'm rather nervous because there's not a single case in the whole huge region I live in, (And less than ten in the whole province,) but people have been getting really lax about precautions and travel within the province is opening up today. Still, I'm happy because it looks like our backpacking trip's not gonna be cancelled, and I even get to go on one this week!

Looks like I missed out on Canas during this run. Never met the requirements for his side quest! I'm playing the game blind, and so I'm sure there are lots of things I'm missing out on. Even support conversations are a little tricky, since I keep trying to pair unlikely units. I should stick to obvious ones!!

Glad to hear you'll be able to go backpacking! That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm a little nervous about things here too. Places are opening back up, and cases in our immediate area are down, but that's no excuse to be lax. I'm half expecting things to shut down again before long... we'll see!!

12 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Looks like I missed out on Canas during this run.

Oh well. Not a huge problem. I'd then recommend using Pent, (or someone with even higher res if you've got somebody like that) and use the Barrier staff on him to make him almost invincible against magic.

...Or I could just not tell you what to do. Sorry! I've got a bad habit of doing this.

12 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Even support conversations are a little tricky, since I keep trying to pair unlikely units. I should stick to obvious ones!!

I believe that from the Augury menu, you can see who supports with whom using Reading. Hope that helps a little!

2 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

How is everyone doing on this fine Monday? I hope you had a good weekend

I had a great week end, hope that's the same for you 😄

Especially Saturday, because I watched Fire Emblem Cipher Livestream who released some amazing cards!  And that makes me happy and excited because I can't wait for the set to be released! (And also can't wait to have my booster boxes!).

I also was abble to talk a bit with some Cipher fans recently, throught the internationnal Cipher community on facebook, that's a great thing I'm abble to talk with internationnal players, because nobody is playing/ interested in my area, most french Cipher players are based in the North of France. Some are on the south, but too far of where I live. 

Anyway, that doesn't stop my interest and love for this TCG. And I sure hope I could one day encounter a fan close to my area. Or even organize a meeting, for introduce peoples on it. 🙂

Edited by FireFenrir

I'm just frustrated and stressed lately. My life is nothing special, and I never know what to do. But I'm always affected by other people for how I feel, it's not necessarily what I want, but more what just happens. So when all of this hatefulness coming from all different people and sides in the world, and even negativity among my friends, it's just stressful. It's suffocating, I really can't take extreme negativity, it just makes me depressed.

The only solace I can take right now is just playing games.
Being around most people just makes me feel anxious, even if I am feeling better recently.
I hate to admit it, but sometimes my girlfriend can't even help much, since things aren't going the best for her either, and it just makes me sadder, sometimes, of course, being around her still makes me feel better than I would if I didn't have her, but, yea.

Life is just annoying and frustrating to go through.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

...Or I could just not tell you what to do. Sorry! I've got a bad habit of doing this.

Don't worry! I find it very useful information!! It is welcome here 🙂 Thank you

3 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

I had a great week end, hope that's the same for you 😄

Especially Saturday, because I watched Fire Emblem Cipher Livestream who released some amazing cards!  And that makes me happy and excited because I can't wait for the set to be released! (And also can't wait to have my booster boxes!).

I also was abble to talk a bit with some Cipher fans recently, throught the internationnal Cipher community on facebook, that's a great thing I'm abble to talk with internationnal players, because nobody is playing/ interested in my area, most french Cipher players are based in the North of France. Some are on the south, but too far of where I live. 

Anyway, that doesn't stop my interest and love for this TCG. And I sure hope I could one day encounter a fan close to my area. Or even organize a meeting, for introduce peoples on it. 🙂

I've always been intrigued by Cipher! Is it difficult to play due to the cards being in Japanese? I really love some of the artwork, though.. Even if I didn't play the game, I think I would enjoy collecting the cards purely for the art.

Good luck finding fans nearby - that would be amazing! ☺️

3 hours ago, Caster said:

I'm just frustrated and stressed lately. My life is nothing special, and I never know what to do. But I'm always affected by other people for how I feel, it's not necessarily what I want, but more what just happens. So when all of this hatefulness coming from all different people and sides in the world, and even negativity among my friends, it's just stressful. It's suffocating, I really can't take extreme negativity, it just makes me depressed.

Being around most people just makes me feel anxious, even if I am feeling better recently.
I hate to admit it, but sometimes my girlfriend can't even help much, since things aren't going the best for her either, and it just makes me sadder, sometimes, of course, being around her still makes me feel better than I would if I didn't have her, but, yea.

I can relate to what you are feeling, friend! I often find that I am affected by the emotions of those around me, too. If someone is sad in any way, it's very hard for me not to share that emotion. It's tough to balance out, especially when this comes from significant others!!

Video games can be such a lifeline in times like these. It's such a form of pure escapism, and so many games are designed to be joyful. A favourite for me for when I need to escape and just be happy is Super Mario Galaxy. Heck, even just jumping in that game is pure joy 😛

I wish you well! Please consider this a place to come and chat any time, be it about videogames or struggles. There will be someone here to chat with 🙂

(P.S. Not sure who the fox girl in your icon is, but she is cute!)

11 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:
11 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

I've always been intrigued by Cipher! Is it difficult to play due to the cards being in Japanese? I really love some of the artwork, though.. Even if I didn't play the game, I think I would enjoy collecting the cards purely for the art.

Good luck finding fans nearby - that would be amazing! ☺️

Thank you 🙂 I really hope I could organize a meeting before Cipher ends in october. But that would pretty hard, and that could be a challenge for me 😄

Cipher isn't that really hard to play, once you understand the rules, I started learning through a tutorial that was really helpful, of course I had to watch it for several times, but once I understand the rules, I buyed my first starter deck and learn much more with this one. Then I asked my questions about skills and all on the topic of this forum. And that helped me very much!

After that, I tried to create my own decks, helping me with the Serenes Cipher wiki, (and sometimes the french website that sadly stopped recently) where there's every of the cards translations.  Even if I can't play physically with them. There's still Lackey CCG that could permite me play with online users, but I'm still quite a begginer on Cipher (only started last year). So, I just keep collecting the cards, and wish to get most all of them 😄

Edited by FireFenrir

8 minutes ago, FireFenrir said:

Cipher isn't that really hard to play, once you understand the rules, I started learning through a tutorial that was really helpful, of course I had to watch it for several times, but once I understand the rules, I buyed my first starter deck and learn much more with this one. Then I asked my questions about skills and all on the topic of this forum. And that helped me very much!

That's great!! That sounds very encouraging.

I was just looking at pictures of a lot of the cards. I love the artwork SO much. It's very tempting to go to ebay and see if I can find some for a good price...

2 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

That's great!! That sounds very encouraging.

I was just looking at pictures of a lot of the cards. I love the artwork SO much. It's very tempting to go to ebay and see if I can find some for a good price...

Cipher do have a lot of amazing cards art (especially dual artworks, like the B09 Alm and Celica which is actually one of my favorite from the cards I have in my collection), but the problem with Cipher is that some cards can be very expensive (even if I want to complete my sets, that's very expensive sometimes), like I'm thinking to that Nanna from set 10 that costs around 2000 yen on japanese websites, but I need her so much for my collection. 

Great to know you will search for some cards, I'm happy to know I encourage you searching more about Cipher 😄

18 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

I can relate to what you are feeling, friend! I often find that I am affected by the emotions of those around me, too. If someone is sad in any way, it's very hard for me not to share that emotion. It's tough to balance out, especially when this comes from significant others!!

Video games can be such a lifeline in times like these. It's such a form of pure escapism, and so many games are designed to be joyful. A favourite for me for when I need to escape and just be happy is Super Mario Galaxy. Heck, even just jumping in that game is pure joy 😛

I wish you well! Please consider this a place to come and chat any time, be it about videogames or struggles. There will be someone here to chat with 🙂

(P.S. Not sure who the fox girl in your icon is, but she is cute!)

Thank you. It's just been difficult, especially since most people are feeling sad nowadays.

I'll try my best to chat, I'm usually not the best at vocalizing my issues in a more public type of room.

Thank you! She's the best!

21 hours ago, Caster said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but I can definitely relate to internalizing others' emotions to the point that it affects me negatively. Video games and the forums have been the only escape I have from the anxiety and depression I've felt in the past several months. I hope things get better for you.

16 minutes ago, Caster said:

I'll try my best to chat, I'm usually not the best at vocalizing my issues in a more public type of room.

I get this as well. I'm terrible at expressing my emotions to others around me, much less on an online platform.

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 hours ago, Caster said:

Thank you. It's just been difficult, especially since most people are feeling sad nowadays.

Thank you! She's the best!

With that in mind, please feel free to PM me if you ever want to!! I understand the potential awkwardness of public rooms like this.

Who is the fox girl?