The Crossing - Stay a while, share your tale...

3 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Been back at work the past couple of weeks. It’s nice seeing people, but we’re all just pretending things are back to normal. 2000 students are about to return to the university in our small town. Can’t see that going down too well :x 

Otherwise, life is well enough! Took my wife to a nearby waterfall this morning. The forested trail to get there was beautiful. It felt so old, with huge rocks and trees engulfed in thick moss. So refreshing!

Well, in my case, I'm quite scared of what is gonna happen soon with the virus, in my area. When I went to the city some days ago, that was terrible. Peoples don't worn masks, and don't even respect the distance. Also, I like going to a place, and planned to go to this one, but as we told me, no one wear a mask here, so I shouldn't go here even if I'm careful with all the recommendations.

But nice to know things goes well for you ^^ 

Take a walk through forest is a good way to feel much better! There's not too much waterfalls in my area, but the only place where there are some is amazing! I really should go to it soon, cause that's a wonderful place, even if there would be too much peoples on here because it's  very touristic place, so there's no calm on it....

Edited by FireFenrir

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Been back at work the past couple of weeks. It’s nice seeing people, but we’re all just pretending things are back to normal. 2000 students are about to return to the university in our small town. Can’t see that going down too well :x 

Relateable.

My hometown a day before travel was allowed-0 cases, been that way for almost a month.

My hometown two weeks later- an outbreak downtown, 24 cases. Oof.

16 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

Well, in my case, I'm quite scared of what is gonna happen soon with the virus, in my area. When I went to the city some days ago, that was terrible. Peoples don't worn masks, and don't even respect the distance. Also, I like going to a place, and planned to go to this one, but as we told me, no one wear a mask here, so I shouldn't go here even if I'm careful with all the recommendations.

But nice to know things goes well for you ^^ 

Take a walk through forest is a good way to feel much better! There's not too much waterfalls in my area, but the only place where there are some is amazing! I really should go to it soon, cause that's a wonderful place, even if there would be too much peoples on here because it's  very touristic place, so there's no calm on it....

People not wearing masks is the most frustrating part... It is an act of simple human kindness and consideration! Plus - you can get masks with so many designs! I bought myself a mask made from floral Moomin fabric and I love it!! 

I hope that you’ll be able to enjoy your favourite places soon, friend.

16 hours ago, Benice said:

Relateable.

My hometown a day before travel was allowed-0 cases, been that way for almost a month.

My hometown two weeks later- an outbreak downtown, 24 cases. Oof.

That sucks to hear 😞 It is obvious that allowing travel and “normal life” will mark a increase in the spread. The need for business apparently overrides that, however 😕 

I hope life has been going okay for you otherwise?

Hello forest dwellers!

I hope life is treating you well. Things are picking up for me recently! I've started studying to be a librarian (which is about the only profession I can imagine being passionate about), and yet... despite being busier, I find myself falling further in love with the games I play! I recently started playing Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen - drawn in by its visual novel gameplay and Fire-Emblem-esque SRPG gameplay. It's a wonderful experience so far! Such an enjoyable world.

How is everyone doing? 🙂

42 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

How is everyone doing? 🙂

I'm doing alright! I finally get to play a Yakuza game, (I've been in love with the series for a while) so that's nice.

Nice to see you back!

Just now, Benice said:

I'm doing alright! I finally get to play a Yakuza game, (I've been in love with the series for a while) so that's nice.

Nice to see you back!

It is nice to see you too! And it's nice to see Kiryu looking so happy there!

Which Yakuza game have you started with? I've only played Zero so far, but hope to continue with the series. I've heard so many good things about it!

Just now, Tylwyth Teg said:

Which Yakuza game have you started with? I've only played Zero so far, but hope to continue with the series. I've heard so many good things about it!

Startin' with 0, since it's my favorite story-wise. Since I've watched playthroughs of almost all the games, I don't know if I'll play all of them, but I at least would like to try Kiwami 2, Yakuza 5 and Like a Dragon.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Startin' with 0, since it's my favorite story-wise. Since I've watched playthroughs of almost all the games, I don't know if I'll play all of them, but I at least would like to try Kiwami 2, Yakuza 5 and Like a Dragon.

It truly has such a great story! I hope you have a great time with it. I'm curious how your experience and appreciation of the game might change between watching playthroughs and playing it yourself. (Certainly the satisfaction of the combat will be far more enjoyable!)

Just now, Tylwyth Teg said:

I'm curious how your experience and appreciation of the game might change between watching playthroughs and playing it yourself. (Certainly the satisfaction of the combat will be far more enjoyable!)

The combat is absolutely much more fun than I thought it would be! I'm only at chapter 2, but so far, I just love Rush. Plus, the first boss fight was fantastic.

...And Mahjong/Shogi are much more confusing than I thought they'd be...

Just now, Benice said:

The combat is absolutely much more fun than I thought it would be! I'm only at chapter 2, but so far, I just love Rush. Plus, the first boss fight was fantastic.

...And Mahjong/Shogi are much more confusing than I thought they'd be...

The only (ONLY!) thing I didn't enjoy about the combat were the enemies with guns. Getting stunlocked by them sometimes was a little frustrating! But otherwise it is such a joy to play, and so creative in its ridiculous finishing moves.

Oh man, the Mahjong/Shogi games are something I never sunk much time into... mostly because I could see how much of a time-sink they could become if I were to try. I did, however, get fully invested in the hostess club sidequest!

It has already been a number of years since I played that game. Maybe I should track down a copy sometime! (It's one of the games that never made the cut when it came to my move across the pacific, haha... Many good games were given up, tragically!)

3 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

It has already been a number of years since I played that game. Maybe I should track down a copy sometime! (It's one of the games that never made the cut when it came to my move across the pacific, haha... Many good games were given up, tragically!)

Well, it's on steam for 7 CAD/4.50 USD right now, so it could be a good time!

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, it's on steam for 7 CAD/4.50 USD right now, so it could be a good time!

Thanks for the tip! I hope you'll keep me updated on your Yakuza adventures 🙂

2 minutes ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Thanks for the tip! I hope you'll keep me updated on your Yakuza adventures 🙂

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

How is everyone doing? 🙂

Hi! It's great to see you back! 😄
I wasn't very active on Serenes, but things are going very well for me!
Nothing changed really for me since last time I've posted, I'm still using my free time on drawing FE characters, and I improved a lot since last year, though I'm still not proud of my drawings xD Anyway, I keep drawing, and I hope to be much better one day I hope! ^^

Edited by FireFenrir

On 5/2/2021 at 4:52 AM, FireFenrir said:

Hi! It's great to see you back! 😄
I wasn't very active on Serenes, but things are going very well for me!
Nothing changed really for me since last time I've posted, I'm still using my free time on drawing FE characters, and I improved a lot since last year, though I'm still not proud of my drawings xD Anyway, I keep drawing, and I hope to be much better one day I hope! ^^

Hello FireFenrir! I'm happy to see that you're still here, and I'm very pleased to hear about your drawing progress. If you ever feel comfortable sharing, I would love to see! Practice makes perfect, and each day you spend drawing will teach you so many things. Keep it up! 🙂

6 hours ago, Tylwyth Teg said:

Hello FireFenrir! I'm happy to see that you're still here, and I'm very pleased to hear about your drawing progress. If you ever feel comfortable sharing, I would love to see! Practice makes perfect, and each day you spend drawing will teach you so many things. Keep it up! 🙂

Thank you ^^ I keep practicing everyday, and I definitely see my progress drawing by drawing !

Here is the sketch I'm the most proud of, though I'm sure I would see some errors if I'm looking more at it. It's been few months I've made it ! 🙂 

On 5/1/2021 at 12:39 PM, Tylwyth Teg said:

How is everyone doing? 🙂

Hey, it's been a while, eh? Great to see you back.

I've been alright. Just sticking with college and doing some personal writing on the side. I've also started learning Japanese, so that's been interesting as well.

As far as gaming goes, I just finished Ghost of Tsushima. Honestly, it's one of the best games I've played. A masterpiece from beginning to end.

53 minutes ago, FireFenrir said:

Thank you ^^ I keep practicing everyday, and I definitely see my progress drawing by drawing !

Here is the sketch I'm the most proud of, though I'm sure I would see some errors if I'm looking more at it. It's been few months I've made it ! 🙂 

Oh wow!!! Rinea looks so elegant! Dang, if you keep up the practice there is going to be no limit to what you can draw! I really struggle with drawing humans with realistic proportions - but this is clearly a skill you're mastering!! Thank you for sharing 🙂

37 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hey, it's been a while, eh? Great to see you back.

I've been alright. Just sticking with college and doing some personal writing on the side. I've also started learning Japanese, so that's been interesting as well.

As far as gaming goes, I just finished Ghost of Tsushima. Honestly, it's one of the best games I've played. A masterpiece from beginning to end.

Hello!! Congratulations on starting to learn Japanese - the journey of learning a new language is always a fascinating one, and I have huge respect for people who are able to do it!

I've heard so many things about Ghost of Tsushima... I recently splurged on a PS5, and so now I can finally catch up on all those PS4 games I've been missing out on (as well as PS5 games, whenever they eventually exist, haha!) Ghost of Tsushima is high on my list, along with Red Dead Redemption 2 and Persona 5. (All of them are such huge games..!)

I had a job interview for a librarian job a couple of days ago... I think it went really well, and now I am just waiting until I hear the final verdict. I'm trying not to be too confident or over-excited, because this would absolutely be a dream come true and a turning point in my life!

\(°Ω°)/

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yay! Hope that you land that job!

I am hoping SO BAD!!!

I have a lot of anxious energy about it, so I'm trying to funnel that energy into doing fun things in the meantime! My wife spontaneously bought me some Pokemon cards (I've not had Pokemon cards in years!) and now I'm tempted to try and get one of every Pokemon. This was far more feasible when there were only 151, haha!

On 5/3/2021 at 10:28 PM, Tylwyth Teg said:

Oh wow!!! Rinea looks so elegant! Dang, if you keep up the practice there is going to be no limit to what you can draw! I really struggle with drawing humans with realistic proportions - but this is clearly a skill you're mastering!! Thank you for sharing 🙂

Thank you very much! It means a lot to me!! Hopefully, I'll have time soon to finnish her!

Oh, and I'm wishing you the best of luck! I hope you'll get this job!

On 5/8/2021 at 12:04 AM, Tylwyth Teg said:

I have a lot of anxious energy about it, so I'm trying to funnel that energy into doing fun things in the meantime! My wife spontaneously bought me some Pokemon cards (I've not had Pokemon cards in years!) and now I'm tempted to try and get one of every Pokemon. This was far more feasible when there were only 151, haha!

Good luck for have one card of each Pokemons! I was also collecting Pokemon cards some years ago, but I stopped because I had other hobbies after that ^^ I have good memories with this TCG, I remember I was so excited when I was buying a booster pack and hoping to have an EX card, or even a Secret Rare haha! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, Tylwyth Teg said:

I got the librarian job!!! I start in June!

Thank you Benice and FireFenrir for your well wishes 🥰

Ohhhh yeah, that's so great! I'm so happy for you!! 😄 

That's good to know things are going well for you!! ^^

On 5/22/2021 at 7:47 AM, Tylwyth Teg said:

I got the librarian job!!! I start in June!

Thank you Benice and FireFenrir for your well wishes 🥰

Congrats! I'm so glad you're gettin' that job.