What are your defining/memorable moments in Heroes?

XRay

What the title says! Is it building a +10+10 unit that curb stomps everything? Is it learning and utilizing a new tactic to solve a challenging map? Is it finally getting your favorite character into the game? I left it kind of vague since defining moments can be different for everyone.

For me, the most life changing (in terms of Heroes) and revolutionary moment was when I discovered Pheonixmaster1's video about Quadsuna and Player Phase style combat. That was a HUGE deal for me. Hector was my first 5* unit, so before I discovered that video, I was mostly spamming Hector in every mode I can, and that did not always work out. After I got onto the Quadsuna bandwagon, I started to focus almost exclusively on Player Phase ranged units, started paper testing units in the calculator, got more competitive in PvP modes, yada yada, and here I am today.

I guess another equally important defining moment was when I got Hector, my first 5*, within in the first week of playing the game. He was what propelled me to become a paying player and spent a ton during the first year of the game, which thankfully I largely got my spending under control now. I still have splurges here and there but I try to keep it to a minimum.

For moments that feel a little less defining, Aether Raids opened my eyes up a lot and I started to see a lot more value in units outside of Blade mage/Firesweep archer/Dancer/Singer mindset that I got for quite a while. I still have an extremely negative bias against melee Player Phase units as a whole, but I have developed a soft spot for Galeforcers, Counter-Vantage units, and dual phase guaranteed follow-up units. Galeforcers and Counter-Vantage units are extremely powerful units that give a lot of additional tactical options during combat; UOT!Leif and ranged Counter-Vantage units are still better than their melee counterparts in my opinion, but their melee counterparts are not complete slouches either. I have not found dual phase guaranteed follow-up units to be particularly useful or good in most cases, but I have to admit that they are fun to use from time to time; watching Edelgard and FE!Edelgard solo autobattle maps is kind of therapeutic.

I have also warmed up to using Enemy Phase units little by little over the years, and that started with Grand Conquest/Rival Domains because Player Phase units cannot hold territory like Enemy Phase units can, plus I did not spend a single dime on those units since I use my allies' units. Outside of BH!Ike, Sharena, and associated support units though, my investment into Enemy Phase combat is still woefully underwhelming. I kept telling myself that I would work on my loli dragons, but I kept putting it off, although I guess I have a good excuse of putting it off now since I want to see what Refines Nowi and Fae get before I give them expensive skills.

"Oh SHIT I don't have a bonus unit for this season, gacha save me even though I have 30 orbs!"

That's the reason why Leon is my sole +10.

Tricky question. I don't actually have many good memories of the early days due to a combination of factors, chiefly that I didn't even have a way to reliably run the game when it launched. I tried several emulators and kept hitting the 3001 error so there was a lot of re-rolling. When I finally got it working decently my luck was pretty rotten, but I wasn't smart enough to intentionally reroll for better units and had to soldier on through the story maps with my only 5-star being Maria. The fact that my most reliable killer was a 4-star Lilina, who I later found out to be +Def, is telling. I eventually got a smartphone about half-a-year later, but suffice to say my initial experiences with the game weren't great.

I eventually "discovered" the power of blade tomes, which might have been the moment I started figuring things out. Can't remember if it was Nino or Tharja, so I suppose that was a defining-ish moment. I believe my first ever TT core was Nowi, who was a 5-star pull, alongside promoted Kagero (can't remember if promoted or pulled), Tharja (promoted) and 4* Olivia (originally the freebie Hero Battle one). So I suppose that's a defining time where I finally sort of figured the game out.

In terms of the gacha, the luckiest I've ever been is clearly the second year bridal banner, where the first three orbs I opened were all 5-stars. I then opened a fourth which was not, but still, those were the only four orbs I opened that banner, so that was a 75% 5-star rate.

I suppose a negatively defining moment is when under some post-surgery impaired judgement, I bought four 23-orb packs during the first ever Hero Fest for the pretty lousy return of one +Spd Julia (still the only one I have). It was the first time I had purchased orbs, and thankfully that happened early on in the game's lifetime, before any further sunken costs. In the nearly three years since my total purchases have been a one-off 3-orb purchase, the BK pack, and recently the Bowlyn pack. That's a lesson learned well, although I get a little annoyed every time I remember that's $80 I'll never get back.

Random stuff:
- My first +10 wasn't all that memorable really. I don't even remember who it was, come to think of it.
- First time in T21 Arena was so painful in terms of repeated failure and endless score fishing that the overwhelming feeling was relief rather than joy or accomplishment.

I remember accidentally making T20 or T19 in the arena once. I don't even remember HOW, since I don't have any 5*+10 units, but I think it was the week where I was tired of having 280+ Dueling crests and spent about 250 of them.

The early days when I promoted GHB units on a complete whim, resulting in my 5* Michalis, 5* Valter, my unused Berkut, a Xander that I only just realised I have, and Lloyd, who is now +10 and honestly the sole reason I played as long as I did.

My first core team of Setsuna, Effie, Roy and Raigh. Why this was my team I have no idea. All of those are now benched except Raigh, who was my second and last +10 for memes and memes alone. Though he has saved my butt a few times.

My first Infernal clear on M&M BHB. That fight required a lot of fodder to adapt, and is the result of one of my luckiest pulls in the game, when I desperately needed Miracle to clear it and summoned out of sheer desperation with 5 orbs. Boom. 4* Maria.

The first refines, when I saw Michalis' refine and realised, "damn Steady Breath would make him a monster. I should give that to him- what do you MEAN fliers can't use it?". Then the subsequent joy, much later, when B!Lucina got her refine and I realised my dream could finally come true, only to realise I foddered mine ages ago. Some orbs later, and my yearlong dream came to fruition.

My de-escalation of playing, as I stopped caring about anything and made some dumb decisions, like foddering our free Altena to Raigh (again, for memes, I know all her fodder is pretty crap), or building Death Knight.

Now I've realised I forgot my One True Defining Moment. My decision to build and +10 Stahl, around the time of Hector and Matthew's BHB, only to fall into a drought of not getting him for a year. No copies. At all. For a goddamn year. I didn't get the last copy until long after his refine came out (not that I'm using it anyway), now I'm just saving feathers to promote all the copies.

The early days were certainly a trial and a half for me. I wasn't well versed on how FEH worked so I just followed the trends to get by. Hence why my first team consisted of stuff like OG!Ike, Nowi and Hector (I think). Then I moved from them to Flier Emblem after getting Summer F!Corrin because lol Flier movement+Blade tome+Flier buffs was a very busted combo. 

I drifted like that for a while and was slowly getting bored with the game, and then the truth dawned on me. The best way to enjoy FEH was to make a character I loved the best they could be. Well, as everyone already knows my favorite FE is Eirika and I wanted to make her my first +10 unit. While I was on the merging process I saw everyone calling her "Nino's buffbot", as if her only purpose was to be a cheerleader for a Blade tome mage. That made me decide that I wasn't going to stop on getting her at +10, I was going to make her a beastly unit that would be able to take on the hardest content available by herself to prove those "she's just a buffbot, lol" guys wrong. 

Lo and behold, nowadays I can make Eirika 1 turn solo Abyssal maps and destroy like 80% of AR maps. Granted, that was mostly because Eirika got one of the best refines in the game but even if she hadn't gotten that I'd certainly find a way to make her shine in this game. 

TL;DR: My defining moment in FEH was making OG!Eirika a super unit and prove that she's much more than just a buffbot. 

While pulling while sitting on the stairs, I suddenly realized that characters didn't always have the same stats, which caused me to start a spreadsheet to organize how the system worked, which eventually led to me researching how game mechanics worked and brought me back to Serenes Forest for the first time in 9 years.

-When Ike won CYL1

-Whenever a new Genealogy banner happens (the one with Ishtar and the one with Levin in particular, i remember i almost cried just thinking that i could've ended up not finding anyone from those banners; i eventually cried, but only after i found 2 Ishtars, 2 Lenes and 1 Ares in the first banner, and 2 Levins and 1 Quan in the second)

- When i made my Brave Ike and Reyson +10 +10

- When Yune and Altina got announced

Future Memorable moments:

-Rhea's and Makalov's announcements

Makalov winning CYL5

The most definining one was when I first played heroes, as it pretty much introduced me to FE. I was reading the stories/descriptions of the characters and I was interested in them. Then my first or second pull was a 5* young Tiki (perhaps this is part of the reason as to why I like dragons so much). Then I gave up the game as I was pretty bored, joining again a bit before the Alm banner where I got him. By the time the CYL banner released I was actively playing the game. 

Other moments where when I finally got in T21 for the first time, after the hell that was T16 up to T20 I was really happy. Also finishing my first 5* +10 Aversa which is one of my favourite units. Today I received my first crown so that is also something I guess. 

"Defining" or "Memorable" moment...?
Has to go to my entire ordeal with Witchy Nowi...

• Summoning her was an ordeal. I didn't have any finances to spend on the game at the time, so I basically had to pray I could summon Nowi, which didn't work out so well. (I got pitybroken by Alm, and this was BEFORE he was even any good...) Come the last days of the original Trick or Defeat! banner, and I basically gave up, I wasn't summoning Nowi. AND THEN I SUMMONED NOWI. +Def -Spd was bad, but I wasn't into good or bad units then.
  • Come to use her over the next few months, and she would appear again in the original Legendary F!Grima banner. I actually DID have some finances to spend at the time, so I went ahead and tried to get her. Came out of that banner with two separate Nowis, one who was eh but def better than the original, and the other +Atk -Res. I don't remember if the update to merged units (that removed the Flaw on a unit with at least 1 merge) was out at the time, but Nowi was blessed all the same.
  • Year later I had enough to be able to go for not just her, but also the Henry and Jakob that I didn't have at the time. I could probably dig up the post from the summoning topic, but in brief Nowi was one of the last times I spent money on this game for the purpose of +10 merging a unit (nowadays I spend in the hopes of getting new units and then +10ing someone anyway)

I decided to go back and dig up this lame and convoluted story I posted in the "How many 5 star units do you have?" thread, because I may say a lot of things about the units I have, but I certainly never did anything quite like this for anyone even once I began +10ing units. Also cause lol the things I do sometimes...

Spoiler

Trick or Defeat! Nowi [+Atk -Res] Lemme tell you a story of a Witch named Nowi, and her naive ally Xenomata... don't worry, this was the last Red unit anyways.

Xenomata was a curious lad. Greedy but never begging. Always wanting, but never getting, and never enraging because of such. This young man was a liker of the Manakete named Nowi, for she was more than just the first Manakete he ever knew... she was also his first Fire Emblem wife. Well, besides Miriel, but she doesn't count because he reset his game when he learned what S rank support really meant. No imagination is needed to know what happens next, for he took one look at the Eternal Witch of Candy and thought to himself "I MUST have you!". So on the month of the Hallowed Night, he summoned. And summoned. He got pity broken twice by units he cursed at endlessly.

The final week approached. It did more than approach in fact, it passed. It was the final day in fact. All hope was lost for young, naive Xenomata. With only one more batch of orbs left, he said out loud, literally, "I have accepted my defeat. I will accept whatever pity you wish upon me, Briedablek." It is then that the sacred instrument, whose whims have danced and toyed with Xeno previously, revealed the shadow of a wide brimmed witches hat: The Eternal Witch had arrived... +Def -Spd. But Xenomata did not care one bit, for all his Suffering and Despair, in that moment, became Relief and Hope. He accepted the cursed boon and bane, and thrived with the witch named Nowi.

For months, the two fought at each others side. They never grew closer than friends, but that wasn't necessary, because a certain red-haired bride needed Xeno's friendship more. They gained a new ally, a Dancer of Water from the festival of the new year, to let Nowi have even more fun with the Red Book of Blades. They later came across new power, power that let an old friend of Xeno, a Falcon Knight of Archanea whose heart to another was forever out of reach, be reborn anew.

Rumors spread, rumors of a Legendary Hero, for all technical purposes anyways, who, within her banner, was a certain Witch. Xeno was happy with who he had now, but he knew this lie would not live forever: The curse could one day be lifted from the Eternal Witch, and the two would fight together forever more. So he summoned. And summoned. His hopes weren't even allowed to grow though... for the Eternal Witch arrived again... +Res -Spd. "Well, anythings better than +Def on a mage who doesn't even want to be hit in the first place" he thought, and granted his friend new power. But then, an even greater power came slightly later... +Atk -Res.

The story may not continue, but that's not because it ended at the arrival of new power, nor was it because that power turned out deathly, or even because Xenomata realized he's investing a lot of effort into a story no one's gonna read (well, a lot here meaning more effort than needed in the first place). It's because the tale of the Naive Youth and the Eternal Witch lives on even now, a new page being added every day...

If that ain't memorable, then by god I don't know what is. You don't 5* +10 merge 60 units without forgetting a few tales over time, but you certainly remember the big ones...

Edited by Xenomata

Never invested in the game, so I'm probably one of the most casual players possible. I just try and collect characters I like. Although, this probably takes the cake,

Screenshot_2020-02-25-09-32-10.thumb.png.d99b1a180f9a838b432d68f15ac102b5.png

Getting two event heroes in one summoning run with only about 25 orbs to spend was nice. I even managed to avoud the units I didnt want from that month.

I dunno if I can pin down anything more "defining" than something else, but there's definitely been memorable things. Getting my Lyn: Wind's Embrace merged all the way up to +10 is certainly one of the most memorable things for me; I did it when her banner was first released, and she was my very first +10 unit. She's been a mainstay in several different modes and teams ever since. Getting Lyn: Brave Lady and Lyn: Lady of the Wind to +10 are two more super memorable things. Another one is reaching Tier 21 in Arena for the first time with my team of Marth: Altean Prince, two Lyns (Wind's Embrace and Lady of the Wind), and Rebecca: Wildflower; in my mind, I proved that they were all better than given credit for, in addition to just the feat of actually making Tier 21.

My most memorable moments are probably...

• Summoning Young Tiki as my first five star unit
  • Awakening Tiki being my first +10 merged unit
  • The five times I reached Tier 21 in Arena
  • The first Abyssal map I cleared being Ryoma's LHB map
  • Finally reaching Tier 21 in Aether Raids a year after the mode came up
  • Obtaining and building up characters like Eliwood, Raven and L'Arachel eventually led to me playing their games so I could learn more about the character
  • Spending two years saving up orbs for Anna's first alt and then spending them all to +10 her once New Years Anna finally came out.

Right, runner-ups were the two times I summoned the one interesting unit on the banner on my free pull (L'Arachel and Ares).  The original L'Arachel will eventually get a better base, while my Ares will stay (+Atk, no less).

And then there was that awkward banner where Ryoma showed up and wished me a happy birthday.

Oh yeah, finally achieving a Gold Throne about a few months ago definitely felt amazing. After over a year of playing Aether Raids, and about half a year of practicing and using Kronya non-stop for practically almost everyday, it felt like everything finally paid off.

when i beat the very first BHB (Minerva and her sister) with just the Askrtrio + Wrys and no skill inheritance.

Worst memory: Regular Bruno being skiped because there was no Farfetched banner anymore!

Edited by Hilda

On 6/2/2020 at 8:00 AM, Ice Dragon said:

While pulling while sitting on the stairs, I suddenly realized that characters didn't always have the same stats, which caused me to start a spreadsheet to organize how the system worked, which eventually led to me researching how game mechanics worked and brought me back to Serenes Forest for the first time in 9 years.

And we are all eternally grateful for this, trust me.

Since "defining" is such a vague word, I want to nominate every soul-crushing pitybreak I've ever gotten. This is definitely a gacha game! Two events stand out in particular though:

• The first Legendary Banner: an utter nightmare and they haven't gotten any better yet.
  • Spending almost 500+ Orbs trying to get Laegjarn and ~1000 trying to get Summer Laegjarn. She and Helbindi were the only OCs I liked until Book 3, but jeez do I hope she never gets another alt xD

On a happier note, my most memorable moments would probably be all the crazy things I've seen my OG!Nino do. She's my first +10 and while she may be an utter cinnamon roll she is also by far the deadliest Hero at my disposal (though not very good for Chain Challenges and the like without a good backline).

It took me SUCH a long time to get my first 5*. Probably a month? I had horrid luck. At last Young Tiki pity broke me one day. I used to run her with a team of 4*s: Selena, Barst, Abel... then I got a 5* Lachesis, Rebecca and Fae, replacing all of them with her. Yes, I got 5* versions of Lachesis, Rebecca and Fae as my next three 5*s following Tiki LOL 😞 I then got Marth and Jeorge... ans THEN Hector and Spring Xander. It took forever for me to feel like I was getting anywhere in the game!

Some memorable summoning moments:

Y2, I got Summer Xander, Gaius AND Frederick all in a row! Both banners were at 3% odds, and Gaius literally came in the very next circle following Frederick. I was so stoked considering it took me forever to even get Summer Leo in Y1!

I also got all the picnic units before getting my first Picnic Lukas. He alone is what caused me to clear out every chain challenge, blessed garden and squad assault, to eventually take the game as “seriously” as I do now. Though I still am not very competitive at all and probably never will be.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Since "defining" is such a vague word, I want to nominate every soul-crushing pitybreak I've ever gotten. This is definitely a gacha game! Two events stand out in particular though:

I just wanted people to share what they think are the most defining, memorable, significant, important, or whatever moments they have. Basically any moment they deem to be a Kodak moment. I did not want to make it too narrow since people care about different aspects of a game, since what is important to one person might not matter to another person.

Oh yeah for soul-crushing moments, when Ninian was first released, I tried to get her by doing full summons, and I think I spent like several hundred dollars on Orbs trying to get her but I did not get her until months later when she pity broke me. I think I got almost everyone on that Focus except Ninian at the time. I think I knew what color sniping was back then, but I did not realize how much better sniping improves your chances to get what you want compared to doing full pulls.

2 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

It took me SUCH a long time to get my first 5*. Probably a month? I had horrid luck. At last Young Tiki pity broke me one day. I used to run her with a team of 4*s: Selena, Barst, Abel... then I got a 5* Lachesis, Rebecca and Fae, replacing all of them with her. Yes, I got 5* versions of Lachesis, Rebecca and Fae as my next three 5*s following Tiki LOL 😞 I then got Marth and Jeorge... ans THEN Hector and Spring Xander. It took forever for me to feel like I was getting anywhere in the game!

Yikes, I understand the pain. Rebecca pity broke me SIX times before she demoted. I think Lachesis pity broke me a few times too.

Edited by XRay

My most defining moment would have to go to the process of building up Caeda. It’s a long-ish anecdote, so I guess I’ll spoiler it.

Spoiler

It all started with the announcement of Skill Inheritance, followed relatively shortly by the reveal of the first Spring Special Heroes banner. I was thinking of this really weird Brave Sword/Swift Sparrow set, so it also made me put together a combat simulator so I could make sure that the build wasn’t total garbage. Surprisingly, I was pretty satisfied with how it worked with Flier support (key words: “with Flier support”), so it was a pretty good experience all around.

Months later, she was sitting around at +4, when they released a series of banners from which I was really interested in pulling red (Katarina and Celica are the only units I remember off the top of my head...the latter may have been a revival of some sort), and I ended up with a ridiculous amount of Caeda pity-breakers (which is probably the only time I’ve been actively happy about pity-breakers). She ended up at +8, so I figured that I might as well spend the last 40k feathers for the +10.

A long while after that, they finally gave her the Wing Sword, and I got her away from the Brave Sword set and had her run that. She now enjoys a nice existence, seeing use in just about every mode not named Arena. Then I built up a second one to serve as my castle rep (except during VGs), because I wanted to have a rep with a consistently good skill set to help out whatever friends ended up deploying her for GC/AB/whatever, and I’m constantly changing the main Caeda’s set to suit whatever she’s doing at the time.

I guess I have two more, shorter defining moments. The first was when they added Infernal to Arvis’ GHB, and @mampfoid inducted me into the Galeforce Club (hard to believe that was over two years ago). The second was when I decided to start Aether Raids Offense after reading all the negative energy in the AR thread about a year ago.

Almost all of my most memorable moments have little to do with the gameplay and more to do with characters being added.

1.) CYL1 and the following few months were easily the peak of my FEH experience.
Riding off of my Amelia excitement...The knowledge that we were going to get to pick a free premium 5* unit was easily the most exciting thing FEH could've done, short of releasing Hugh, Azelle/Lex or Arthur.  These designs were already super cool, Ike and Roy in their fathers' clothes, nomad Lyn and promoted Lucina.  Everyone there looked great.  All four of these units looked gamebreakingly good at the time, and it felt like a new era of FEH (after months of the game feeling stale) was coming.  Black Knight being free was another huge thing.  I didn't know anyone who wasn't excited about this news.  He had his Alondite, he had his Black Luna, and no one could stop him.  His map in the story is, I think, the last time I ever saw anyone get excited about a story map.  And he wasn't alone...he came with some new Tellius characters, something the game sorely needed.  Elincia, Oscar, Neph, all great picks.  Though looking back I think they could've added someone like Kieran or Boyd there or something, idk.  Maybe that's just personal desire speaking over logic.
It didn't end there though, FEH was about to drop a bomb on me in the form of Sigurd and Arvis being added to the game.  I am really not that hard to please.  Add characters I like = I get excited.  But these two were special, FEH just casually added the main protagonist and antagonist (my favourite antagonist overall) of gen 1 FE4 like it was nothing.  Tailtiu and Deirdre were there too, and I was quite happy about the former.  One thing I wish FEH still did is item-like and canon-friendly prf skills like the Recover Ring on normal units.  It and Arden's Follow-Up Ring weren't good good, but they were good though I wonder how useful Follow-Up Ring still is with the abundance of Fighter skills.  Warp Powder was just right.  S Drink was just okay.  None of these were revolutionary or anything but they added really nice flavour and uniqueness to their characters, and had the added bonus of making sense.
Unfortunately, the Ayra controversy happened not too long after this wonderful focus.  I was really happy about TT Arden, but lots of people were shitting on him.  I was also happy to see Ayra there, and while I do understand the issue, I was glad to see her sharing focus with Eldigan since I wanted both of them.  Free Fjorm was cool, but I'd say this phase ended with Ayra, and things were back to normal.  Still, I look back on this time fondly.

2.) The beginning of the game was good to me.  
I was pretty jaded on the franchise, perhaps due to a mix of genuine burnout and just general dissatisfaction, and I kind of just stopped engaging with it for years.  I hear an FE gacha game is becoming a thing, and kind of just shrugged it off, no one I liked would be in it anyway. Then the trailer in the FE Direct was shown, and I seriously couldn't believe my eyes.  Sophia was there, Bartre, Shanna, Clarine, Wendy, Fir, Narcian, Zephiel, Cecilia, Lilina??  FE6 characters were literally front and centre in the segment showing art of many of the heroes.  Not to mention plenty of FE7 favourites.  That REALLY piqued my interest (alongside other things in the Direct, of course).
When the game launched, I instantly went to rerolling for Roy, and eventually ended up with just a 4* Roy and a 4* Shanna, but I was happy.  Raigh was also a free character that was instantly in your barracks when you started the game.  On day 1, Sophia was the very first Hero Battle unit available to the playerbase, and if I hadn't known better I would've thought this gacha game was actually catering to me.  I remember getting a 5* Fae like a week later and Narcian's GHB gets announced right after.  Needless to say those few weeks were nothing but good food and excitement for me.

3.) Year 2's Jugdral focuses.  
The biggest hole left in FEH at the time was Jugdral representation.  World of Thracia ended up being less than stellar, but having Leif, Nanna and Finn in the game still felt really nice regardless.  The gen 2 FE4 focus was good, and getting Ares as a 4* demote was a treat I didn't expect.  The real deal was the gen 1 focus though.  Quan and Lewyn were characters I greatly wanted while holding importance within the context of their story.  The freebies this time around were good as well, who can say no to free Ethlyn and Jamke?

4.) +10'ing and fully building characters.
Besides all of the above, the most joy I get out of FEH is "completing" characters.  On my first account, I +10'd both Roy and Sophia before the former's refine, and it felt like I had truly beaten FEH.  On my current account, I only have Sophia +10'd (mainly due to a lack of merges for others), but when I got all of my ideal fodder for her, it felt so cathartic.  This all happened during the wait for her Resplendent outfit, I could just feel FEH winking at me.  The thing that gets me playing FEH every day is the thought of completing Fae/Seliph/Roy/Raigh/Eliwood/Ross/Echidna and many others including Canas and other grail units who will take years to +10 because heroic grails are a horribly mishandled feature.  I'm incredibly lucky that so many characters I like are readily available at 3*/4* though, focusing on +10'ing one 5* (Amelia) is enough for me honestly.

• Having my whole team dominated by a Kagero on my first arena match
  • The first TT with the ridiculously overpowered Veronica that even my "perfect counter" Sophia couldn't reliably handle
    • And of course all enemy units reviving with their health restored if you lost
  • Raising 5 different Roys because I was convinced that stats were random and that my first few just had unlucky level-ups
  • Defeating lunatic Ursula with extremely underleveled rag tag team of Effie, Felicia, Nino, and ....unit i don't remember (probably Setsuna) when the go to strategy was just "use Hector lol"
  • Being very excited for welfare Ayra before knowing that she was not welfare and was just gonna be thrown into a separate banner
  • Watching the live action commercial for the first CYL
  • Being traumatized by the complete and utter thrashing Ninian gave Fae in VG. No matter how hard we fought, Fae team was just never able to catch up to Ninian
  • Getting 3 LA!Hectors not only because I got one of my favorite character with an optimal nature but because it was my first time having Distant Counter at my disposal and I very eagerly fed the two extras to Florina and Fir both of which became some of my favorites units to use.
  • Completing my very first Abyssal map (Leg!Azura) with pre-refine Niles and his entourage of Azuras. The team no one believed in.
  • Building a 51 spd LA!Hector who procs Aether every turn
  • Tanking and counter killing Abyssal L!Alm when everyone deemed it impossible at the time
    • I was also blessed with great rolls leading up to this pulling 3 merges for Owain and acquiring a lucky Kaden on the last day as it would have been an impossible feat otherwise without that or fire season active

While I have had plenty of laughs thanks to my Sophia being an amazing tank mage, since that's now semi-common, I guess I would say when I was using an under-leveled team that was entirely slaughtered save the new Minerva, who was completely incapable of killing a single enemy without dying. Turns out the enemy and I took her lightly as she managed to take out the entire enemy team only because of the specific order they attacked in, causing her to gain exactly the level up she needed so that she could survive each attack, have her Dragon Gaze activate at the right time,  barely killing all five foes while having only ~3 HP left, leading to a victory when I had moved her into a spot where I was certain she'd die at.

8 Alms later, finally getting one that is not only not bad at attack, but actually has a boon in it! I was sooo happy, especially considering how much I wanted a good legendary Alm!