What are your defining/memorable moments in Heroes?

XRay

Tomorrow will be a cool moment for me, as I'll have enough Grails to officially +10 a hero for the first time (Kronya)!

Another cool moment was when I cleared Abyssal content for the first time by using Mordecai+Caineghis. Incidentally, Mordecai is now +8 so he's likely to be my second +10 hero eventually. 

Other cool moments recently for me have been using Galeforce teams to success and using SpecialSpiral+AoE specials to clear Mila's Infernal map, which was the only thing that worked for me after countless attempts. I have no idea how anyone is able to clear that map on Abyssal...

Edited by uhmuzing

For me, it was summoning Ephraim for the first time.  When the game came out there were a bunch of heroes and I rerolled a bit for MRobin.  Never played Awakening but I remember pre-si being able to hard counter half the units in the game (colorless & green) was considered pretty OP.  I think his statline was pretty decent as well.  Anyways, I was really dissapointed that Ephraim wasn't in the game and when I saw he was going to be added in the first new banner I got really excited.  Woke up the morning, got him on my first summon and freaked out.  It's crazy thinking how excited I was to pull a unit...things are so easy to summon that after 3 years and quitting for 4-5 months two different times I still have over 175 unique 5*s.  And even if I miss a favorite unit that just came out, I know they'll add an alt or seasonal version that will be powercrept or I might like more.  It's hard to get excited about new units coming out these days... Wish I could go back to the early days when I could see all my 5*s on one page...

I'd since rerolled when Jaffar and Ninian came out and got both of them and that's the account I'm on now.  Ephraim is actually my favorite fe character over Jaffar but there was no way I was going to get him on my main when he was on a 3 colorless banner. 

I really should build up some of my other first 5* units before I forget which ones and merge over the sort by obtained.  Jaffar might be pretty difficult to build in today's meta now though - especially if I go through with my plans to build H!Jaffar.... I have pulled an Ephraim on my main account but he's not really used except to counter red units in AA b/c he's -def and there are so many other Ephraims now that are way better (duo!ephraim, looking at you).

edit:  Now that you got me thinking about it, I actually remember the last unit I was really excited to obtain.  It was Sothe and I got 2 of him and a Micaiah even though we all knew Sothe was probably going to get demoted... I have since +10'd sothe and I think Micaiah is +2 b/c I off pulled her a couple times after.  Wanted to go for bridal duo mic&sothe but I just returned to the game and trying to save orbs for summer units so I don't think I can risk it.

Edited by Lycan

Probably my favourite memory of FEH is kicking Valter's Infernal GHB to the kerb by running a 4-star Hinata, because his base kit of Ruby Sword and Brash Assault was exactly what I needed to take out the axe units that both Nino and Reinhardt were unable to remove in a timely fashion. That clear is what gave me the certainty that I could beat any PvE content, which has proven accurate ever since (though recent Abyssals have been... unpleasant).

As far as summoning goes, I'm never going to forget free-summoning Brave Roy back in 2017, or my one and only 3-5-star circle - the first circle of A Monstrous Harvest, which gave me Ilyana, Dozla and Adrift F!Corrin. There have been sucktastic summoning experiences, too - the original run of Happy New Year, which gave me only Seliph and Rhajat as 5-stars for the entire month's orbs, and the most recent run of Regal Rabbits, where I ended up clearing out my Blessed Gardens and Chain Challenge backlog, plus most of Squad Assault, out of sheer desperation to break a pity rate.

I guess free-pulling Nils after wanting him for years and voting for him in CYL was a good moment, too. ^_^

I guess I can add my excitement to seeing Apotheosis Anna being added to Heroes and summoning enough copies to +10 her the first day her banner came out to my list of defining/memorable moments. I was happy to see they finally added a version of Anna from Awakening because it felt like IS finally took notice of all those votes I gave Anna the past few CYLs.

Beating the first iteration of Michalis’s hardest GHB map with a 4-star Bartre and Eliwood, as well as a 5-star OG Lyn and Male Robin through use of Smite and barely surviving hits. Was the first time a map was intense and I was able to overcome it with tactics (eventually) on my own.

Summoning a 5-star Lucina, breaking a 2-year-long “curse” in which I summoned zero Lucinas in any form despite all attempts to do so (Masked Marth notwithstanding). Same with Kinshi!Hinoka and Valentines!Hector. I now have all but Bunny!Lucina, and all forms of Hinoka and Hector. Funny how things turn out sometimes!

+10 Masked Marth, my first 5-star +10 unit followed closely by Black Knight.

Summoning for Legendary Tiki, except before I even went to the summoning screen I (for fun)  closed my eyes and poked a random orb I didn’t even know the color of (I hadn’t memorized the different sounds the various colors made). It was Legendary Tiki! Never before or since have I been that stupefyingly lucky with a single pull.

Memorable and happy/sad, the first Hero Fest. I pulled Takumi on my first summon and Azura on my second (should have stopped there incidentally)! Proceeded to spend way more than was necessary trying to get OG!Hector... and did not get him for another year and a half or so. I did get another Takumi, Azura, Young Tiki and Ryoma however, which were all very useful for a long time, but it still remains my biggest spend in one sitting, and I’m not particularly proud of that, but live and learn!

Finally, my first time getting to Tier 21 in Arena! I’ve got Legendary Tiki and the team to thank for that. It’s just one more Orb and some feathers, but seeing that crown on Feh... mm, felt good man.

Well, these just finished so that’s a moment:

CBB7-D8-E7-F253-427-B-8739-8-AEB84606135
6197951-C-2763-4-AAE-8012-7-C3306-EAD58-
19121840-5174-4-B6-F-A992-12-A2-A4-C847-

Besides that, being one of the first 500 people to reachc T21. So fun when T21 was still less than 1000 people. 

Getting a crown, finishing Nailah, getting all Micaiah’s. 

Building the units I like. Doing well with the units I like. 

• 3 weeks later...