Jump to content
RainbowMoon

Edelgard and Lysithea... (ending spoilers)

Recommended Posts

Do Edelgard and Lysithea need to have a paired ending together to cure both their shortened lifespans? Or is simply getting them to A-support with each other enough to do it?

I don't want to let either of them die immediately after the ending because they didn't get their lifespans corrected. But I also don't want their paired ending. I think of El and Lys as having more of a big sister and little sister kinda relationship instead of being a couple. I'd much rather see El and Byleth get together in the end.

Is their A-support enough to save them while still letting El marry Byleth? Or, if it isn't, will getting them both to A-support with Linhardt (but no paired ending) work instead?

I just want them both to have happy endings without sinking any ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edelgard seems to cure her a shortened lifespan, no matter what. She is mentioned to have lived a long life, even in her solo ending.

For Lysithea, I know that pairing her up with Lindhardt will work. I didn't even know that pairing her up with Edelgard would also do the trick.

I also kind of view Lysithea and Edelgard as essentially being sisters, I didn't think their ending was romantic as Lysithea straight up isn't into girls. While Edelgard is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

For Lysithea, I know that pairing her up with Lindhardt will work. I didn't even know that pairing her up with Edelgard would also do the trick.

As far as I know, the full list of paired endings that cure Lysithea is: Edelgard, Linhardt, Byleth, Hanneman, and Claude.

 

6 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I also kind of view Lysithea and Edelgard as essentially being sisters, I didn't think their ending was romantic as Lysithea straight up isn't into girls. While Edelgard is.

You're right about the dynamic between Lysithea and Edelgard in Crimson Flower being like that of sisters, as well as Lysithea being straight. As for Edelgard being into girls, it's complicated. As far as I know, her only paired ending with a girl that's explicitly romantic is female Byleth; not even her support with Dorothea is explicitly romantic:

Quote

As Edelgard's reign as the Adrestian Emperor began, Enbarr was restored, and with it, a certain opera house.  Soon the Mittelfrank Opera Company put together a ward drama depicting the journey and sacrifice of the emperor and her companions, and the starring role went to none other than Dorothea. Edelgard initially forbade the company from staging it, but was eventually persuaded by Dorothea's passionate performance to rescind that decree. It is said that the emperor always set aside time to enjoy the opera thereafter. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The support was not only cute, but also made me clear that Edelgard suffers from the same fate as Lysithea. Originally I thought Edelgard's hair was hydrogen blond since for me her hair looked more yellow touched than Lysithea's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

As far as I know, the full list of paired endings that cure Lysithea is: Edelgard, Linhardt, Byleth, Hanneman, and Claude.

 

You're right about the dynamic between Lysithea and Edelgard in Crimson Flower being like that of sisters, as well as Lysithea being straight. As for Edelgard being into girls, it's complicated. As far as I know, her only paired ending with a girl that's explicitly romantic is female Byleth; not even her support with Dorothea is explicitly romantic:

 

Being into female Byleth definitely counts as being into a girl. Even if it is an exception to the rule. It is also good to know that there are more ways than one to save Lysithea

11 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

The support was not only cute, but also made me clear that Edelgard suffers from the same fate as Lysithea. Originally I thought Edelgard's hair was hydrogen blond since for me her hair looked more yellow touched than Lysithea's.

Edelgard is actually naturally a brunette as revealed by certain flashbacks in Azure Moon. But I am so used to her white hair, but it is strange to imagine an older Edelgard with her original hair colour.

I have always assumed that either Linhardt or Hanneman managed to cure Edelgard's shortened lifespan by removing the crest of flames. She would probably choose to keep her natural crest of Seiros over the artificial crest of flames, which is attached to so many traumatic memories for her. Assuming she didn't have both removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Being into female Byleth definitely counts as being into a girl. Even if it is an exception to the rule. 

True; I was just pointing out that it's the only case. 

37 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I have always assumed that either Linhardt or Hanneman managed to cure Edelgard's shortened lifespan by removing the crest of flames. She would probably choose to keep her natural crest of Seiros over the artificial crest of flames, which is attached to so many traumatic memories for her. Assuming she didn't have both removed

Would she want to keep the crest of Seiros? I mean; it was given to her family by the very same person that she led a war against and slaughtered. 

Edited by vanguard333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic, but I love their ending. I also wish we could've had some kind of bonus chapters added in an update where you fight those who slither in the dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Edelgard seems to cure her a shortened lifespan, no matter what. She is mentioned to have lived a long life, even in her solo ending.

Oh perfect! I was concerned since I know there are endings where Lys doesn't survive. I wasn't sure if El's endings were the same way. Glad to hear El can live a long happy life with Byleth in the end :)

5 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

As for Edelgard being into girls, it's complicated. As far as I know, her only paired ending with a girl that's explicitly romantic is female Byleth; not even her support with Dorothea is explicitly romantic.

Edelgard is canonically bisexual iirc. I think she specifically has a crush on Byleth though, even outside of supports. Explains why she doesn't seem all that interested in anyone else.

4 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Would she want to keep the crest of Seiros? I mean; it was given to her family by the very same person that she led a war against and slaughtered. 

This. She doesn't like crests at all to begin with. For some reason I see her jumping on the first opportunity to get rid of both of hers lol

5 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

As far as I know, the full list of paired endings that cure Lysithea is: Edelgard, Linhardt, Byleth, Hanneman, and Claude.

Well damn... looks like Lysithea's screwed then if I pair her with Felix as planned. Will it be enough just to get her to A-support with Edelgard or Linhardt (while still marrying Felix)? Or does she need the paired ending with them for it to work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Being into female Byleth definitely counts as being into a girl. Even if it is an exception to the rule. It is also good to know that there are more ways than one to save Lysithea

Edelgard is actually naturally a brunette as revealed by certain flashbacks in Azure Moon. But I am so used to her white hair, but it is strange to imagine an older Edelgard with her original hair colour.

I have always assumed that either Linhardt or Hanneman managed to cure Edelgard's shortened lifespan by removing the crest of flames. She would probably choose to keep her natural crest of Seiros over the artificial crest of flames, which is attached to so many traumatic memories for her. Assuming she didn't have both removed

I was under the impression from the Linhardt x Lysithea supports that you HAVE to have both removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I was under the impression from the Linhardt x Lysithea supports that you HAVE to have both removed.

Linhardt was speculating as he didn't yet have a way to remove them at that point. He was just wanting to know if Lysithea would rather have her crests (as in both of them) or her normal lifespan. 

@RainbowMoon

Quote

I think she specifically has a crush on Byleth though, even outside of supports. Explains why she doesn't seem all that interested in anyone else.

It's true that her crush on Byleth, male or female, extends outside of supports. The thing is, while Edelgard has explicitly romantic paired endings with male characters outside of Byleth, examples include Hubert and Ferdinand, she has no such paired endings with any female characters outside of Byleth. That's the reason I said, "it's complicated." 

Quote

Well damn... looks like Lysithea's screwed then if I pair her with Felix as planned. Will it be enough just to get her to A-support with Edelgard or Linhardt (while still marrying Felix)? Or does she need the paired ending with them for it to work?

She needs the paired ending for it to work.

If it's any consolation, her paired ending with Felix has her live a brief, but happy life with him. 

Edited by vanguard333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

She needs the paired ending for it to work.

If it's any consolation, her paired ending with Felix has her live a brief, but happy life with him. 

Was afraid that was gonna be the answer...

Can't believe her best available option is Linhardt though. He's just so boring and unattractive. Lysithea deserves better.

Well I guess it's decision making time...

Spoiler

Can't wait for the ending where El makes TWSITD suffer for this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Can't believe her best available option is Linhardt though. He's just so boring and unattractive. Lysithea deserves better.

Read the A-Support between Linhardt and Lysithea; it's actually really sweet and it might change your opinion on Linhardt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Read the A-Support between Linhardt and Lysithea; it's actually really sweet and it might change your opinion on Linhardt. 

I actualy did check it out and it doesn't seem all that bad tbh. It's a shame though that she can't have her Felix ending and her bake shop without, y'know...

I liked the hilarious back and forth support convos she had with Felix. But I guess I can live with the Linhardt ending. Or maybe I'll go with Hanneman's since she stays single on that one. Then I can just headcanon up a Lysithea x Felix relationship from there lol

I knew recruiting good ol' crest grandpa completely on impulse would pay off somehow!

Really though this got me thinking about how the lifespan issue could've been better solved with a post-timeskip Edelgard and Lysithea paralogue. El and Lys would need A-support to unlock it but seriously how amazing would it have been to raid Shambhala, "Tempest of Seasons" playing instead of that awful dubstep, cutting down every TWSITD in sight for what they did to El and Lys, and then using their tech to take back the precious time TWSITD stole from them. Not only would it have let Lys live a long happy life with whoever she wanted, but it would also give Crimson Flower a much-needed Shambhala mission and onscreen fight against TWSITD.

23 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Edelgard is actually naturally a brunette as revealed by certain flashbacks in Azure Moon. But I am so used to her white hair, but it is strange to imagine an older Edelgard with her original hair colour.

I'm not sure if removing the crests gives her hair its natural color again though...

I could be wrong though. There might be a bit of lore I'm missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 9:23 AM, RainbowMoon said:

Do Edelgard and Lysithea need to have a paired ending together to cure both their shortened lifespans? Or is simply getting them to A-support with each other enough to do it?

I don't want to let either of them die immediately after the ending because they didn't get their lifespans corrected. But I also don't want their paired ending. I think of El and Lys as having more of a big sister and little sister kinda relationship instead of being a couple. I'd much rather see El and Byleth get together in the end.

Is their A-support enough to save them while still letting El marry Byleth? Or, if it isn't, will getting them both to A-support with Linhardt (but no paired ending) work instead?

I just want them both to have happy endings without sinking any ships.

Edelgard doesn't have a shortened lifespan and Lysithea's lifespan is restored in a bunch of her endings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SigurdVII said:

Edelgard doesn't have a shortened lifespan and Lysithea's lifespan is restored in a bunch of her endings. 

Edelgard is hinted to have had a shortened lifespan, but it isn't really explored and is most definatly resolved in all her endings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not really hinted anywhere as far as I’ve seen, either; it’s more of an assumption players make because Lysithea clearly has health issues and a shortened lifespan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Crysta said:

It’s not really hinted anywhere as far as I’ve seen, either; it’s more of an assumption players make because Lysithea clearly has health issues and a shortened lifespan.

It is just logical it would apply to Edelgard as well as she went went through the same experiments. But Edelgard also do not seem to suffer from physical weakness of any kind, so it is unclear. The closest thing to a hint is found in El's and Lysithea's shared ending where it says something about taking revenge on the Agarthans for their lost years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...